Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options
  • 11-11-2011 1:58pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start this because I have too peeve at DeKrieg. Three defuses in 3 minutes on Caspian Border Rush.

I'll get my revenge Krieg! I'm onto you. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Shaggin mortars, i hate the feckin things!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why does lag only work against me? I run behind a wall and suddenly appear 2-foot back in the open and a sniper hits me at that exact moment. I know that EA are doing this on purpose because they hate me!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

humanji wrote: »
    Why does lag only work against me? I run behind a wall and suddenly appear 2-foot back in the open and a sniper hits me at that exact moment. I know that EA are doing this on purpose because they hate me!

New anti-camping measures :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The complete nuking of recon. It's so bad that nerf would be a step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Arawn wrote: »
    The complete nuking of recon. It's so bad that nerf would be a step up.

2142 had a tasty unlock that would allow recon spots to stay on screen longer.
    A decent rifle and that would make up for a lot.

Give the SVD/MOD11 more power and more recoil and you'd be laughing.

• Advertisement

2142 had a tasty unlock that would allow recon spots to stay on screen longer.
    A decent rifle and that would make up for a lot.

Give the SVD/MOD11 more power and more recoil and you'd be laughing.
    Wouldn really help on HC but I'd be ok with it.

Juice up the M98b I say, supposed to be crazy powerful but it's not.

I hate to say it but if they do not release a decent Rifle for the class with the dlc pack I might just trade it in as if I wanted to run and gun I'd play cod. I play this to get behind the enemy and cover whatever charges/flags my team mates have planted/captured

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im getting sick of damn snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Riamfada wrote: »
    Im getting sick of damn snipers.

suck it up noob.. ;)

I think a lot of people are so used now to snipers with claymores and **** that they've forgotten how the role actually works.
    I've had to adapt myself and hated it as the start but now it's spot players for my team mates , cover them as they take the flags etc and use the SOFLAM if there's a jet with guided missiles to take out tanks and other armour.
    Another thing is if you've an engineer in your squad/team with classical you can also lock onto jets and choppers with the SOFLAM so the engineer can take them down with the javelin.
    If you've all 4 classes within your squad you'll kick some serious áss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I hid in a stairwell in one of the maps as there was sniper trying to take me out from long range and even though I was completely in cover he managed to kill me? Are some people able to see and shoot through walls/buildings?

Oh and get this- was playing on caspian border and using the base on the hill and EVERYTIME me or someone else got into the helicopter we were shot dead by a sniper just as we started it up.

Was quite funny seeing fellas rushing to get into and and the blades moving ever so slightly then stopping.

The fecker got me 5-6 times until I managed to fly away before he shot me and then I put a rain of rockets and killed him. If there was killstreaks in bf3 then this guy probably would have had the atomic bomb!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Enderman wrote: »
    Just thought I'd start this because I have too peeve at DeKrieg. Three defuses in 3 minutes on Caspian Border Rush.

I'll get my revenge Krieg! I'm onto you. :mad:

Mwahahahaha

That's what you get for ganging up on me. All the boardsies on ts were on the other team :( so I had to 1-up all of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Honestly lads take a step back and look what a good game we have! The more whining goes on on forums the more the game will be ripped to bits by Dice trying to keep everyone happy.

The only thing that really annoys me at the moment is the spawning on a team m8 at the exact moment they die, back to main grrrr! Also if more people would stop playing to KDR and look whats going on around them teamwise the game would be a whole lot better!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I think my only gripes are the spawn points for the tunnel team on Metro conquest, silencers and IR scopes being a bit too good, javelin being useless and I think one heatseeker would have been enough for planes and choppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gagatosh

COD is ten times better than BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

gagatosh wrote: »

OMG SRSLY?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

No, it's 3.3 times better !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Thanks for letting me know!
    Gonna trade in BF3 now!

Troll fail.

I'd like to see penalties brought back in for team killing/destoying own equipment. It encourages boosting that there is no penalties but you get the reward for reviving/repairing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

On which server you play the most lads? I newer can bump in to you :( maybe you play late nights etc.

Boards.ie server is always empty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Arawn wrote: »
    Troll fail.

I'd like to see penalties brought back in for team killing/destoying own equipment. It encourages boosting that there is no penalties but you get the reward for reviving/repairing
    No team kill penalties for me please, I may have gotten a few for bouncing the odd chopper off something more solid than said chopper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

biggest team mistake i keep repeating is shooting friendly mines when I'm in a tank with thermal vision on. they only show up as friendly on the minimap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Here is what every game has been like for me in the last 5 days

- Join 64 player conquest game
    - Get put on **** team
    - Team is only able to capture 1 flag
    - Opposition captures the other 4
    - My team can barely hold the flag

EVERY ****ING GAME!!!!

Oh and random death/suicide with no explanation = "bad luck"
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

you dont know what your tal- "host migration failed"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Krieg wrote: »
    Here is what every game has been like for me in the last 5 days

- Join 64 player conquest game
    - Get put on **** team
    - Team is only able to capture 1 flag
    - Opposition captures the other 4
    - My team can barely hold the flag

EVERY ****ING GAME!!!!

Oh and random death/suicide with no explanation = "bad luck"
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

that happens in all games.

your put onto the bad team because when you join an almost full server, its always the side thats losing that leaves first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

"Battlefield3.exe has stopped working"

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I have to agree with the troll ;) BF3 is not great for me. Never can find a server with a space if I want to define my searches, give up, go into Quick match, get shot to **** for 20 minutes or so, maybe maybe get one or two kills... is this supposed to be fun? Then I got MW3, and remembered that online is actually fun and that you should actually be able to find and shoot other players. I'm not enough of a nerd to know when a feature has been nerfed in a game :pac: I just play games for fun at the end of the day. If you do start noticing when the devs have changed the shotguns strength by .25 units from BC2, I suggest you spend less time with your computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Andy!! wrote: »
    I have to agree with the troll ;) BF3 is not great for me. Never can find a server with a space if I want to define my searches, give up, go into Quick match, get shot to **** for 20 minutes or so, maybe maybe get one or two kills... is this supposed to be fun? Then I got MW3, and remembered that online is actually fun and that you should actually be able to find and shoot other players. I'm not enough of a nerd to know when a feature has been nerfed in a game :pac: I just play games for fun at the end of the day. If you do start noticing when the devs have changed the shotguns strength by .25 units from BC2, I suggest you spend less time with your computer!

You have to change your approach to the game if you keep getting killed. I was crap at BC2 starting off, as I was used to Blops online.

Realised running off on your own is pointless, but sticking with your team, you can be really effective, ie Ammo, med-kits revives etc. Working as a team and winning a match by a few points is the most rewarding!

But keeping in line with the thread, yea the bad luck mystery death is a balls!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'll have to put a lot more effort into your trolling to be even worth the three clicks to ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I know I had "bad luck" death when I was killed by biulding debtors or biulding it self. Are you sure you were not near collapsing structures when that would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I do miss the COD death cam. It would be handy to see how someone got you and what you did wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I know I had "bad luck" death when I was killed by biulding debtors or biulding it self. Are you sure you were not near collapsing structures when that would happen?

I was flying a chopper in pretty much a straight line from the spawn and it just blew up. No enemy jet or heli in sight and "bad luck" appears. WTF?

Advertisement