Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

No problem Horse, u taking my tags is balanced out by me taking yours at least as many times. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

My main gripe is the apparent lack of general squad play in this game. The game itself is superb, but for whatever reason people seem to play in a much more lone wolf style than they did in BC2 for example. Perhaps this will change as people get more familiar with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

I think until everyone has unlocked all the weapons ..the lonewolf style will continue.. then you will see the squad play come in.

Myself and Yankinlk were only discussing this at the weekend.

I suppose that's a fair point. It would be pretty tough to contribute in a useful way to your squad if you're trying to level up on Jets! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Ha.. true

I only help the enemy when I climb into a jet or a heli :-) not my own team

• Advertisement

Yeah they're pretty tough to master. I'm getting fairly handy with the scout choppers but you REALLY need your team to have control of the skies. If their jets are killing yours, you'll be next on this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ffs, i am having one of those **** days in BF... i am allways on lossing side, but not just lossing side, but he one which is just spawn bum raped.

i am so sick of IRNV spastics... at one stake i had a fecker with tactical light and irnv scope...

not my day lads, not my fliping day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

i am so sick of IRNV spastics...
    The patch on ps3 made the IRNV completely useless,it's actually more of a hindrance than a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The patch on ps3 made the IRNV completely useless,it's actually more of a hindrance than a help.

dont know about ps3, but on pc 90% of bastards are using it!

BF3 really rattled me today, i was so angry, that i could punch kittens and puppies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

dont know about ps3, but on pc 90% of bastards are using it!
    Yea it's the same.Everybody using them but there is no point now which can only be a good thing
    BF3 really rattled me today, i was so angry, that i could punch kittens and puppies!
    Treat yourself to a trip to the pet shop. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

So I finally got enough kills with the attack heli to unlock the extinguisher, wonderful I thought, now I can have some chance of recovering from a direct hit without trying to land and repair except of course you have to give up the flares to equip it, WTF! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

So I finally got enough kills with the attack heli to unlock the extinguisher, wonderful I thought, now I can have some chance of recovering from a direct hit without trying to land and repair except of course you have to give up the flares to equip it, WTF! :confused:

Yeah pointless unlock imo. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Claymores are beginning to ruin this game for me,they always get me!!,not to mention people waiting by spawn points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It works better with fighter jets then helicopters imo as you can use it to quickly get out of trouble and let your hp regenerate before coming back.

While helicopters have a hard time outrunning a lav or fighter jet :( making it distinctly less useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Claymores are beginning to ruin this game for me,they always get me!!,not to mention people waiting by spawn points.

People in three heli's spawn camping the aircraft carrier at the canals... thats worse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

ffs, i am having one of those **** days in BF... i am allways on lossing side, but not just lossing side, but he one which is just spawn bum raped.

i am so sick of IRNV spastics... at one stake i had a fecker with tactical light and irnv scope...

not my day lads, not my fliping day...

I use IRNV on some maps, I don't see the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Its just campers whinging about it. If you don't contantly camp the IRNV is not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Its just campers whinging about it. If you don't contantly camp the IRNV is not a problem.

That's not true. The IRNV removes all elements of stealth and cover from the game. The cases where it annoys me most are when you have a mini skirmish with a guy and you dive into some trees or bushes and he kills you anyway because he has the retarded shoot at the coloured blobs mode enabled.

Also the fúcking crashing on map change. I have never played a pc game that was this buggy for this long after release. I really enjoy the game when I actually get to play it but it's so hard to get into a flow when you are being dropped from the server after every round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Seifer wrote: »

Also the fúcking crashing on map change. I have never played a pc game that was this buggy for this long after release. I really enjoy the game when I actually get to play it but it's so hard to get into a flow when you are being dropped from the server after every round.

Not as annoying as the can't respawn bug.
    Unless you quit the game you're stuck with the same kit for the entire game as you can only use the enter key to respawn as the game doesn't register the mouse clicks on deploy....:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i havent played the game in a few weeks until yesterday and feck me there are so many annoying things.
    Top of the list are mortars,lights and lasers,proning snipers everywhere [yes i snipe too but i play without any scope, just the ironsight,i dont hide form the action either,up close with a bolt action is very reawrding]

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    i play without any scope, just the ironsight,i dont hide form the action either,up close with a bolt action is very reawrding]
    Not really sniping is it though? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seifer wrote: »
    Not really sniping is it though? ;)

No but can snipe with it too, just not from huge distance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

You guys havent raged until you go up against my l33t MAV skillz :P 300+ roadkills

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The lasers don't annoy me too much but I hate the fecking lights. Really are annoying. You should be able to unlock sunglasses for your character to defeat them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

So it just dawned on me tonight when I was doing my pre-town routine of drinking a bottle of white wine while playing battlefield that the americans say "We're getting fúcked up the ass over here" which is not very PC!

thoughts?

War isn't very PC?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Mossay wrote: »
    You guys havent raged until you go up against my l33t MAV skillz :P 300+ roadkills

Yeah feck you and yer MAV--got killed that many times by it I thought I was playing Half Life 2 again :):)

Fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

the PARA chaps didn't take too kindly to my MAV onslaught tonight :P Took em a few rounds to concede and tell me not to use it anymore. I think it may be time to retire the MAV, I'm starting to get a bad reputation... Time for the EOD bot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

In fairness I can vouch for your mad MAV skills! Fair play I say, keep annoying teams. I absolutely love the MAV, its so handy when your trying to cap a base too!

Edit: Here I was looking at your Battlelog profile there, it says you have 733 kills with the MAV!! Jesus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

LeighH wrote: »
    My main gripe is the apparent lack of general squad play in this game. The game itself is superb, but for whatever reason people seem to play in a much more lone wolf style than they did in BC2 for example. Perhaps this will change as people get more familiar with it?

This to be honest is 99% of the problems with the game, people playing it like CoD.

Playing in a squad with people knowing what they are doing makes this game 100 times better than doing that without. (99%? 100 times better? me does maths me)

I was quite disappointed that DICE didn't put in more features to force/encourage squad play. People still run off and try and do their own thing, not realizing what they are missing out on and not really facing much penalty. The game simply doesn't work when everyone plays it like this.

Advertisement