Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Completely agree, have done it plenty of times myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Just got perm banned for using tank Soflam with a teammate.. sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Just got perm banned for using tank Soflam with a teammate.. sucks

Servers ban people for this? You'd think they'd have something more constructive to do, like ban those bastards who spam RPG/SMAW at infantry like there's no tomorrow >_>

Although, in fairness, guided shells (while really damn cool to use) seem a bit OP tbh. When I spot for my brother on Operation Firestorm (haven't gotten a chance to properly test on Caspian Border/Kharg Island yet), we can effectively lock down any ground vehicles and choppers with great ease considering that tanks can be disabled with one hit, and I think choppers are destroyed in one hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Keep getting kicked all the time. No matter what server I go into..

: PunkBuster kicked player Violation (IGNORING QUERIES) #9006 ? What is up with that?

• Advertisement

: PunkBuster kicked player 'Keithzor' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

KeithAFC wrote: »
    : PunkBuster kicked player 'Keithzor' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Annoying..

Are your PB ports open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

KeithAFC wrote: »
    : PunkBuster kicked player Violation (IGNORING QUERIES) #9006 ? What is up with that?

Over 9000!
    :eek:

Seems to be a problem for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Man that Stinger nerf is going to be bad when it comes in on 360, was just playing Noshar conquest and just could not shoot down the enemy Z11, as quick as I could:
    I fire one stinger he pop's flares,
    Fired second, hit and disable
    Fire third to make sure and ahhh disable again :confused:
    Lose him for a few second's then fire, another hit and another DISABLE!!

He then swoops down and minces me with the guns :mad:

So I see the killcam and there's some passenger bollox using the repair torch midair, FFS I thought they got rid of that back in BC2!

Threw everything I had at him for a few more lives including little bird heat seekers but to no avail :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Fire third to make sure and ahhh disable again

that makes no sense?

Did he land when you disable him and get out to repair???

EDIT:

Ahh misread it.

I think in the patch notes it said something about removing the ability to repair in vehicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Man that Stinger nerf is going to be bad when it comes in on 360, was just playing Noshar conquest and just could not shoot down the enemy Z11, as quick as I could:
    Fire third to make sure and ahhh disable again :confused:
    Lose him for a few second's then fire, another hit and another DISABLE!!

He then swoops down and minces me with the guns :mad:

So I see the killcam and there's some passenger bollox using the repair torch midair, FFS I thought they got rid of that back in BC2!

Threw everything I had at him for a few more lives including little bird heat seekers but to no avail :(

Get someone beside you to fire at the same time.

Works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

On the Z11 you can 2 lads either side constantly repairing you

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Yeah, you either need two stinger men hitting almost simultaneously or your own chopper mincing him as you stinger him, blasting his engineers can be satisfying to, well placed tank canister shell if he swoops too low and you'll have the little bugger raining corpses :p

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

sink wrote: »
    No, I mean if you sit in your own spawn dropping mortars on people, you're fair game to receive a bullet in the head. You can't do that an expect to not get shot because you're in the sanctity of the spawn area.

I would never go to the spawn area just to shoot people as they spawn, but in specific instances such as the one above I'm more that justified shooting people in their spawn.

Misunderstanding, I thought when you said reap what you so, you where referring to people giving out to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I think in the patch notes it said something about removing the ability to repair in vehicles?
    There's a bit about not being able to harm your own vehicle while passenger that might work both ways hopefully.
    Yeah, you either need two stinger men hitting almost simultaneously or your own chopper mincing him as you stinger him, blasting his engineers can be satisfying to, well placed tank canister shell if he swoops too low and you'll have the little bugger raining corpses
    Would have loved to but we were getting annihilated, the Z11 was blowing everything out of the sky and along with their two tanks picking off any landing craft so we kept getting shoved back to the carrier for most of a short round :(

I remember soflam'ing a little bird similarly destroying us and the buggering javelin missed it twice :( , guided tank shells seem to be considerably more reliable with the soflam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Wow wow wow! Hold on a second! You can guide tank shells?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

You can guide tank shells?!
    You can when you unlock them. :p

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Wow wow wow! Hold on a second! You can guide tank shells?!

Yup, it's a tank unlock :D , it's not amazing by itself, acts a secondary tank shell as driver requiring line of site lock on with other tanks/jeeps, it comes into it's own with a soflam/citv station though at which point you can shoot down helicopters/jets :pac: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Here's me using my own skills like a chump!

Yeah I've been hit by it a couple of times as a chopper pilot and initially thought it was a particularly eagle eyed tank gunner :p

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Here's me using my own skills like a chump!

Nothing like doubling up the attacks and doing massive damage to an enemy tank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I dislike the changes to the squad menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The game crashed on me twice tonight, happen anyone else?

Also a bit annoyed with some of the LMGs lately. They seem to be killing me with ease compared to last week :(

Also, some people seem clueless at the game at times. I was in an IFV, it took a rocket and was disabled so I jumped out. I then see a team-mate jump right into it and get blown up along with the vehicle as the next rocket thumped into it!

It was quite funny though...

Why must people attempt to snipe with tank shells, and be so damn **** at it? Such a waste of a tank :(

They should remove Mortar from ''Rush'' every game I've had has been a boring joke due to 3/4/5 lads sitting miles back firing mortar down getting soft kills.

It's grand on most conquest maps, Siene somewhat suffers thoughm due to the fact the bridges offer decent flanking cover.

Really ruins the game IMO, think I'm finished with Rush completely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Rush isn't as much fun as BC2, was on a few servers and the minute it changed from rush to conquest, the population of the server halved.

Mortars i don't mind but what i do mind is guys stay backing in the area that you can't access(the 10 second warning area) with a mortar or the guy that stays in the spawn area firing away and goes mad when someone shells or snipes, no spawnrape!!! Have taken the out of bounds death a few times to get those types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ok by a wide WIDE margin my biggest gripe with this game is the constantly spawning me directly in the line of fire of someone else bullet. Great I'm alive again oh no I'm dead. 20 seconds of limbo. Great I'm alive again oh no I'm dead. 20 seconds of limbo.

ARGHGHGHGHG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Can be balanced by spawning on a guy with his back to ya trying to capture your flag, thank you dewinterzero for the handy knife kill.

Advertisement