Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Find yourself a near empty server on either Operation Firestorm, Kharg or Caspian conquest and just get flying. Found one myself last night and got my first ever kill. Woke everyone in the house too :o Tried it for a few rounds and got a few spots and thankfully it equated to enough points to get IR Flares.

Since then I've tried to take on other jets and get the odd disabled vehicle, but have decided to concentrate on taking down helicopters to finally try and get heatseekers

nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

****ing idiot team mates

I maybe **** on pc atm but ffs when im trying to take out tanks the least you could do is cover me or use your rpgs for something other than infantry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yap rpg on infantry is far to much

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was entertaining misses tonight. After a good gigidi. I played bf3 on Xbox for the first time. ( she loves to watch me play bf/mw games online )

So at one stage I was following a support teammate for good few minutes spamming request for ammo and spending half of my left over pistol ammo at him to get attention! Only then he realised I needed ammo! Omfg!

On the other note... No offence console players, but it looks like **** on Xbox even compared to my old pc girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Headshot wrote: »
    yap rpg on infantry is far to much

Very true. Conquest on Darmavand Peak. 3 Engineers at one end of one of those side tunnels... One prone, one crouching and one standing all firing RPGs at the same time at a squad down the other end who were firing back for about 5 minutes. Was fcuking hilarious tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Why cant they build Battlefield into skyrim?? Sit down in a tavern or your house at some old computer thing and it changes to Battlefield? I might put this to DICE & Bethesda :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Zillah wrote: »
    I put the infrared scope on the SVD and use it as a lethally powerful medium/short range rifle. People get so confused with a recon sniper charging around at close range.

Although I then discovered that doing the same thing except with the scar-h as an engineer is even more fun, plus you can blow up tanks. I do find it interesting that we have some people saying snipers are too powerful, and others saying the class is crippled. Methinks it is perhaps not the class that is to blame.

In fairness it's pretty easy to spot the noobie sniper...there's a huge reflection of light off his 7x,12x scope so it forces them to shoot, move, shoot, move.
    I do love the ones that stay put though :D

Apparently the IR scope is getting nerfed which is probably a good thing.
    I love using it but it gives you a massive advantage so they either need to tone it severely down or make it a 4x scope instead so you don't see as much as your environment.
    But to be honest I'm getting sick of all the whining in the game...the F2000 is too powerful, the IR scope is too powerful, the lights are blinding me, the lasers are blinding me, my favourite gun sucks etc...blah blah blah blah...
    frakking ridiculous...at this rate DICE would be better off giving us paintball guns instead but I'm sure some people wouldn't be happy with the colour of their paintballs and whine about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Hear hear, too much bloody whining, oh boohoo noob f2000, noob rpg. The reason the IR is hated is because its pretty much killed camping(hurray!!), altough it is a serious advantage. Reckon they need to shorten the range or make the scope narrower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

the lights are blinding me, the lasers are blinding me
    Well that's one thing in particular I can't stand people giving out about...the tac light and laser are supposed to blind you!

I also want to mention how annoying it is when you're repairing your tank, you get killed, and the person that kills you drives off in your tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Decryptor wrote: »
    Well that's one thing in particular I can't stand people giving out about...the tac light and laser are supposed to blind you!

I also want to mention how annoying it is when you're repairing your tank, you get killed, and the person that kills you drives off in your tank.
    Not when it's from the idiots on your own team that don't know how to turn them off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Every time. :pac:

594232_700b_v1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Very true ............. but not from across half the map !!!! the must have bought them at the petrol station " The Torch with the Power of One Million Candles "

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Duffman K wrote: »
    I started kind of late using the jets and now if I get one at the start of the game I am instantly locked onto and killed just after I get out of the base. Because I haven't unlocked flares yet there's nothing much I can do when I hear the lock-on sound . . . .very frustrating !!:mad:

Also god damn those stupid flashlights :D

Heres a handy lil trick to unlock stuff in helis' and jets. Go engineer at the start of a map, place some mines at the busy choke points. Then go straight back and get into a jet or heli. Any points you get from killing enemies with your mines goes straight to your air vehicle ! Get a double kill with your mines, and BOOM you unlock flares.

Give it a go !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

okay this is my first battlefield, did you always have to launch through a web browser??? oMG!!!!!!!!! what a load of shíte!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

okay this is my first battlefield, did you always have to launch through a web browser??? oMG!!!!!!!!! what a load of shíte!!

Nope..... first time now with BF3. Sucks doesn't it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

lahcen86 wrote: »
    Nope..... first time now with BF3. Sucks doesn't it !!

Hated it at first.. but its growing on me.. a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

It turns out my PC is only just capable of running it so I have to have all the graphics settings at their minimum...

But its not too bad.

And it can be a lot easier to see the bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

InTheTrees wrote: »
    It turns out my PC is only just capable of running it so I have to have all the graphics settings at their minimum...

But its not too bad.

And it can be a lot easier to see the bad guys.

That actuolly reminds me of q3 times lol.

Remember they were so proud of quake 3 engine! It looked fantastic at that time, but they did not expected one thing...

Gamers were lowering down graphics and doing basic icons, models and textures, so it would be easyer to play lol. We called it " shooting between pixels" :D sorry for oot lol

That actuolly reminds me of q3 times lol.

Remember they were so proud of quake 3 engine! It looked fantastic at that time, but they did not expected one thing...

Gamers were lowering down graphics and doing basic icons, models and textures, so it would be easyer to play lol. We called it " shooting between pixels" :D sorry for oot lol

Yup, like cranking up the brightness on dark levels.

Fair enough really...

Playing with the settings at minimum you really appreciate the addictive game play. a Metro server with 64 players is intense whatever setting you're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Playing with the settings at minimum you really appreciate the addictive game play. a Metro server with 64 players is intense whatever setting you're at.
    64man Metro is awesome, until people bring out the M320's. I don't mind RPG's and SMAW's as much (they're annoying, yes, but not nearly as annoying) since you can at least see them coming, even if it's gonna be really difficult to escape - I find it frustrating as hell to end up dead without even being able to see the projectile (or player) that killed me :mad:

• Advertisement

Ah stop...metro is unbelievablely crazy stupid madness altogether on 64 bit...I mean 64 player. :D

Played it today for the first time on 64 player conquest, but I have to say the US forces have a big advantage...

Madness indeed. I spent about an hour (it felt like it anyway!) just running around with the defribulator.

Are we allowed give out about specific people? If we are, then I'd formally like to give out about Airblazer. He's a...a....a....great pilot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ah stop...metro is unbelievablely crazy stupid madness altogether on 64 bit...I mean 64 player. :D

Played it today for the first time on 64 player conquest, but I have to say the US forces have a big advantage...

US???

Isnt it usually the Russians with the big advantage?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    US???

Isnt it usually the Russians with the big advantage?
    Is it? I can't really remember...I thought it was the US that start on the Cafe side?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Is it? I can't really remember...I thought it was the US that start on the Cafe side?

Nope, Russians start cafe side.

If the US push hard enough against a bad team they'll take mid. Against a a good team there's barely any hope of taking it. Best tactic for Americans at that point is the fake a strong push up the right hand stairs then rush up the escalators and take RU by surprise. Many a time I've made my way up by myself and killed 5/6 people before being noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah equip the sprint perk and run for B straight away.

Reckon they should move b just down between the escaltors, now there would be a massacre zone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Nope, Russians start cafe side.

If the US push hard enough against a bad team they'll take mid. Against a a good team there's barely any hope of taking it. Best tactic for Americans at that point is the fake a strong push up the right hand stairs then rush up the escalators and take RU by surprise. Many a time I've made my way up by myself and killed 5/6 people before being noticed.

If the US rush up and get a guy or 2 behind the wall just behind teh flag, chances are they can make a good fight of it, it actually caps from there too.

Had a game last night and 2 of us managed to get there to stop the RU getting it, soon we had spawners and numbers meant we were able to cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

karma_ wrote: »
    If the US rush up and get a guy or 2 behind the wall just behind teh flag, chances are they can make a good fight of it, it actually caps from there too.

Had a game last night and 2 of us managed to get there to stop the RU getting it, soon we had spawners and numbers meant we were able to cap.

Or even better, have your squad delay the initial spawn and spawn on you at the point when you reach it. Have two squad leaders do this, that's at least 6 people at that spawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Origin not working today so I can't play the game I paid for. :rolleyes:

Advertisement