Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I've said it before but most of These maps are far too big for conquest on the 360. I just quit out of Noshahr and the top player after 20 minutes had only 6 kills and 1600 points. 24 players just isn't enough for these maps. You have 4 guys in jets, another 4-8 in tanks and a few more in choppers. Leaves very little players on the ground to actually play the objectives - which nobody was doing. Rush is decent, but I put on bc2 last night and had more fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I've said it before but most of These maps are far too big for conquest on the 360. I just quit out of Noshahr and the top player after 20 minutes had only 6 kills and 1600 points. 24 players just isn't enough for these maps. You have 4 guys in jets, another 4-8 in tanks and a few more in choppers. Leaves very little players on the ground to actually play the objectives - which nobody was doing. Rush is decent, but I put on bc2 last night and had more fun with it.
    I agree.
    The jets and choppers take too many people out of the game.
    I would prefer they were replaced with quad-bikes,I've often spent half the game waiting around the deployment area to get back in the game without having to trek over on foot.

Was on Kharg island conquest last night and it was a nightmare,couldn't get near a vehicle,spent most of the game running from flag to flag and whenever I got there it had already been taken,everybody was in a vehicle of some sort.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Try hardcore, it appeals to more of the realism nerds - so sometimes, esp. on german servers there is a bit more teamplay (not always)

Obviously don't expect much on a public server, but highly recommended to get just one friend to play.. that way you can team up in tanks, choppers.. extremely effective.. always repairing, spotting, etc.

Wanting your teammates to occasionally help with taking down air support to be more specific hardly should make me regarded as a realism nerd in fairness! :pac:
    Headshot wrote: »
    Damn you skyrim, damn you

Not you too HS! -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Caspian is the only map I find too big, I've played games where all I'm doing is going around capturing points over and over again :(
    Kharg and Firestorm at least have "middle" points to fight over.
    I'm looking forward to Wake Island, I liked it in BF1943 as its mostly water so big enough for planes but tight on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can't wait to play Wake Island. From the few images released, the lighting looks a lot darker and grittier than the lush, colourful, paradise esq BF1943.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wake was best in 42, dunno why Dice have such a hard on for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I don't know if I'm getting worse or people are playing more and unlocking greater weapons than me but this just isn't fun any more.

Matchmaking is ****ing retarded,5 on my team 9 on the other team,3 people join during the game,what team will we put them on???oh I know,let's make it 12 against 5 arrrggghh!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Just got this game at the weekend and started teh install on Saturday... i say started because the install took 11 hours, from disk! (yes, I tried the whole, delete teh isntall file and run setup again and it should pick it up from the DVD, it did, at 300k per sec and it still only installed the 11gb internet installation instead of the 15gb disk install - I tested that it was installing from disk by ejecting the DVD and it complained).

During the install, the PC was unusable. Completely unusable. which is strange to me. However, I persevered and now I have BF3 goodness... or well, most of it.

issues:
    Bad persistent lagging. the screen has constant "jitters" so I cant tell if its a battle field effect or performance.

Disappearing gun/sights

Disappearign team mates, sometimes I can see a shadow on teh ground, sometimes nothing.

worse, invisible enemies! Not all the time but enough to make a difference and get noob-killed by the ghost I just walked right past, or better yet, the invisible man I stood in front of as I tried to read the map to get my bearings after a spawn.

Is anyone else having these issues? I thought maybe its a graphics card issue (ATI Radeon 4870 x2 , 1gb GDDR5) but I've reduced the settings from the default "ultra" (thats what it auto detected for me) through high down to medium.

The system spec is:

Win7 64bit (yes the portal being 32bit IE only annoys me)
    6gb DDR3 ram
    Core 2 6600 CPU (2.4)

internet connection: 50mb, wired connection to UPC router.

Its not the latest and greatest hardware but its no slouch either and I have everything else turned as low as possible to free up resources.

Do you get unlimited mortars or what???
    Some ****ing twat just sat in his deployment area spamming the one spot from start to finish of a game,absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Do you get unlimited mortars or what???
    Some ****ing twat just sat in his deployment area spamming the one spot from start to finish of a game,absolutely ridiculous.

I think there's a set amount but support gets the mortar so yeah it's pretty much infinite. Actually set up a mortar there a few days specifically to take out someone like that and got almost kicked for spawn raping, there was 2 guys near him at the time.

I think there's a set amount but support gets the mortar so yeah it's pretty much infinite. Actually set up a mortar there a few days specifically to take out someone like that and got almost kicked for spawn raping, there was 2 guys near him at the time.
    This was non-stop couple of seconds between each one,I had to take the headphones off because the constant noise was pissing me off.

He was raining them down on the back street flag on Seine Crossing from his deployment area,I've never used them but surely you would have to have the target area visible from where you are no???

The ****er had 2 lads protecting him any time myself and another fella(must have been on the receiving end of a few too) went anywhere near him.

I don't know how or why people would pay €50 for a game to sit there and press 1 button over and over again(should have bought Lost) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

unlocked the mortar last week, gave it a go at the weekend. its sh1t. it has unlimited ammo, but the angles are impossible on city maps, the rnage isnt far either.

you need a nice aerial open aim between buildings, otherwise they just hit off buildings closeby.

must have shot 50 shells and got one kill in the alleyway.

its meh, wouldnt worry about it!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    unlocked the mortar last week, gave it a go at the weekend. its sh1t. it has unlimited ammo, but the angles are impossible on city maps, the rnage isnt far either.

you need a nice aerial open aim between buildings, otherwise they just hit off buildings closeby.

It was probably you ya bollox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

copeyhagen wrote: »

It does more damage thn you think. Even of you don't kill, you do alotof damage on choke points.
    Like any weapon or gadgets you need to learn its pros and cons. One game is not enough. I was in few games where my team was devastated by 2x mortars in teyr own spown.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This was non-stop couple of seconds between each one,I had to take the headphones off because the constant noise was pissing me off.

He was raining them down on the back street flag on Seine Crossing from his deployment area,I've never used them but surely you would have to have the target area visible from where you are no???

The ****er had 2 lads protecting him any time myself and another fella(must have been on the receiving end of a few too) went anywhere near him.

I don't know how or why people would pay €50 for a game to sit there and press 1 button over and over again(should have bought Lost) :)

Have a look where he's firing from, set up your own mortar, pummel... I go out of my way to take out mortar spammers, very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

this just isn't fun any more.
    Its just the same as BBC2 IMO. The only differences seem to be the recon class is massively nerfed and the medic class has ammo now and the assault class has a health pack. No real innovation in it at all just the same old same old. Its a decent game but I get tired of it very quickly after 15 mins playing. Needs more cowbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You'll get a bucketload of damage assists with the mortar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Mortars are fantastic for raining down on armed charges in Rush. It scares people off from disarming and can get some nice kills on the folks disarming.

Works perfectly on the first set of bases in Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

It does more damage thn you think. Even of you don't kill, you do alotof damage on choke points.
    Like any weapon or gadgets you need to learn its pros and cons. One game is not enough. I was in few games where my team was devastated by 2x mortars in teyr own spown.

I joined a CQ game on Friday and the team were getting hammered, all flags were held by the opposition and we were down 72-250 or something. We were the team defending from the town, not the other side of the river so I decided to use the mortar cos we were snookered.

Got 7 kills in around 5 minutes with it. Finished 7-1 despite the crap team :).

I do like it but only as something different, it is quite boring there using it but it is far better and more realistice than the BC2 version.

• Advertisement

Its just the same as BBC2 IMO. The only differences seem to be the recon class is massively nerfed and the medic class has ammo now and the assault class has a health pack. No real innovation in it at all just the same old same old. Its a decent game but I get tired of it very quickly after 15 mins playing. Needs more cowbell.

Tired after 15 minutes playing... why even bother then and just play a different game. Don't get ya.

Caspian is the only map I find too big, I've played games where all I'm doing is going around capturing points over and over again :(
    Kharg and Firestorm at least have "middle" points to fight over.
    I'm looking forward to Wake Island, I liked it in BF1943 as its mostly water so big enough for planes but tight on the ground.

PS3 player here.

I think CQ on BF3 is far better than on BC2 - I didn't like it too much on the latter but love it on this, saying that...

I don't really like it on Caspian, Firestorm or Kharg Island as they are too big. However it means I love it on 8 maps which is 8 more than on BC2.

Rush rocks on all levels.

Therefore out of 2 game modes on 11 maps I love 19. Not much of a compliant is it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Mortars are fantastic for raining down on armed charges in Rush. It scares people off from disarming and can get some nice kills on the folks disarming.

Works perfectly on the first set of bases in Metro.

For attacking mostly, can be used defensively too, but much less effective I've found.

On attack though, you can cause pandemonium round the M-Coms by laying smoke everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Mortars are fine IMO. I only use them a little bit but I enjoy it when I do. They aren't really over-powered either. However, I think a patch preventing them from being set-up in your spawn would be nice.

Guys sitting out-of-bounds raining mortars is getting old, fast. At least on Seine Crossing you can make out just enough of their heads for easy Recon kills when they're across the river. Other times it isn't as easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Mortars are fine IMO. I only use them a little bit but I enjoy it when I do. They aren't really over-powered either. However, I think a patch preventing them from being set-up in your spawn would be nice.

Guys sitting out-of-bounds raining mortars is getting old, fast. At least on Seine Crossing you can make out just enough of their heads for easy Recon kills when they're across the river. Other times it isn't as easy.

I've even been given out to for spawn raping when shooting mortarers in their spawn. You reap what you sow imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Anyone else finding that LMG's seem to have phenomenal accuracy over long distances (and, for the M240 at least, over sustained burst) - I'm finding that the M240 (and the Pecheneg/M60, to a lesser extent) can land a lot of hits at good distance, without having to resort to short bursts. From what I've seen, it seems to happen with decent regularity so I'm a bit skeptical as to whether it was just luck of the draw on their part :\

Or, maybe I'm just being a noob... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TV missiles on chopper don't seem to work extremely well, or maybe it's the hitboxes in relation to them...but seems to go straight through choppers sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

sink wrote: »
    I've even been given out to for spawn raping when shooting mortarers in their spawn. You reap what you sow imo.

You mean your happy to be given out too? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    They'd better patch the glitchy stabbing someone using the mortar aswell then :pac:
    Seriously you get painted on the enemy radar the second you fire a round and are a completely stationary target, I was bricking it everytime I set up as its so easy to nail you with another mortar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

rossc007 wrote: »
    You mean your happy to be given out too? :confused:

No, I mean if you sit in your own spawn dropping mortars on people, you're fair game to receive a bullet in the head. You can't do that an expect to not get shot because you're in the sanctity of the spawn area.

I would never go to the spawn area just to shoot people as they spawn, but in specific instances such as the one above I'm more that justified shooting people in their spawn.

Advertisement