Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    7am kick off over here.

awesome, 2pm kick off here which is ideal for a Lazy Sunday. Sleep in then the match, then a chinese national holiday on monday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

U21 champs now take that Des Cahill you fat headed wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

U21 champs now take that Des Cahill you fat headed wanker.

The cousin made a great save. Was good to go to Thurles and win for a change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The cousin made a great save. Was good to go to Thurles and win for a change.

Boy it went a LOT smoother than last years final did thats for sure,we won both finals quite comfortably despite the media talking our chances down. Watching the 80's Flash Gordon film reminds me of how much of a Legend Brian Blessed is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rovert wrote: »

Excuse my ignorance guys but who was pink diva and whats her connection to boards?

Excuse my ignorance guys but who was pink diva and whats her connection to boards?

Billy Gunn's ex / mistress. She did a series of youtube vids pretty much screwing up the Ass man's life (Marriage) revealing all about their time together but tbh that was Billy's own fault for cheating on his missus. The story was picked up on boards and some other message boards (which she found out about) before the dirt sheets got hold of it and she actually joined up to boards.ie under the PinkDiva tag. She then also came on the boards/TBC podcast twice and was good craic although im not sure if the second one made it to air (maybe the interview did but I was on the show that week and coincidentally every time ive been on we have had technical problems and we never made it to air).

Her big ass (im sure she has a nice ass) thread can be found in the hot links thread under the threads of infamy post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jaysus Ireland have been woeful in this game!! We look like a Sunday league team!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yup has been a terrile game so far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I was in Sports World the other day and they had a picture up of O'Leary, Wallace and Fitzgerald. Three bad/unfortunate choices to be the poster boys of a campaign.

Ireland had a bad build up so its not that surprising to see them struggling to put play together in the first half. The fitness of the Irish will see them through easy enough.

• Advertisement

tbh I didnt expect much better and it would look a lot more impressive if Sexton had put over a few of those easier kicks. USA are tiring now and some more scores may come. there were a lot of poor handling in the first half too, little mistakes that can be removed from our game before we play Oz, wether they will be or not.

Them scoring a try was the lowest I felt as a Irish fan since San Marino nearly got a draw against us a few years ago. No bonus point against a completely useless team,the worst in the tournament.

Them scoring a try was the lowest I felt as a Irish fan since San Marino nearly got a draw against us a few years ago. No bonus point against a completely useless team,the worst in the tournament.

it shouldent make any difference but considering our form I didnt expect us to get a bonus point on 9/11 because the US were bound to present a spirited performance and from all accounts their defence was far improved in this match even it there were a lot of handling errors that we could have instead gotten trys from.

That's OTT.

Did you watch the last world cup? The one where Ireland only beat Georgia by 4 points! France beat them by 60 plus.

it shouldent make any difference but considering our form I didnt expect us to get a bonus point on 9/11 because the US were bound to present a spirited performance and from all accounts their defence was far improved in this match even it there were a lot of handling errors that we could have instead gotten trys from.

The Americans are absolutely ****ing useless,they are a total shambles all over the pitch & if Court dominates you in the scrum you are incredibly bad. Forget the 9/11 stuff any team worth a damn would of picked up a bonus point against them.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That's OTT.

Did you watch the last world cup? The one where Ireland only beat Georgia by 4 points! France beat them by 60 plus.

I think Georgia are top class compared to America, I had tried to blank the last world cup out of my mind but this looks like its a repeat of it.

tbh I think its the last WC in my memory also and the fact that we still won thats making me not too annoyed especially when you throw in them having our old coach who should know our game & players plus the 9/11 factor. A Similar performance against the Aussies though and we will be punished severly i'd imagine.

I think Georgia are top class compared to America, I had tried to blank the last world cup out of my mind but this looks like its a repeat of it.

The gap wouldn't be that big.

"Ireland couldn't pick a safe with a key" -George Hook!

Unfortunately he was spot on!

Hook is only a Dunphy clone.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »

Hook is only a Dunphy clone.

Ah they are both the funny controversial pundit - but I think hook knows more about rugby than dunphy does football!

I prefered the Tom Court was made look like Arnold Schwarzenegger line. 11 of them American lads were amateurs so I would easily say Georgia were better & they can scrum something that America couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

Ah they are both the funny controversial pundit - but I think hook knows more about rugby than dunphy does football!

Spanish football expert eamo. I'd rather hook that Matt Williams & Neil "Franno" Francis you'd find more life in a grave yard than you would get out of them two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

When Dunphy is not being the cartoon character he portrays on TV, he does actually know an awful lot about football. His books are excellent and he is much more reserved & reasoned on the radio.

When Dunphy is not being the cartoon character he portrays on TV, he does actually know an awful lot about football. His books are excellent and he is much more reserved & reasoned on the radio.

He is a smart man. I just hate RTE treating us like fools who can't figure out they are playing a character. At least Vince admits its entertainment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

broski! feel free to make a new thread plugging this man! :) or add it to the dirtsheet dave thread, whichever u like

The post above is the 2nd time recently I explained who she was on here and it actually made me just re-read the thread I mentioned and damn it is a great read (had many of the regulars on here suggesting it should be thread of the year although i dont know do we have such a thing) so here it is in all it's awesomeness:

PinkDiva thread

well worth a read or re-read.

I replied to her earlier tweet with this

BWABountyHunterBWA

@pinkysimovitch before that you were already news in Ireland Pinky...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67509983

which she re-tweeted, then I got this back in response
    pinkysimovitchDeborah Simmons

@BWABountyHunter I should log on again!!!!!

first time ive used twitter in months!

first time ive used twitter in months!

...and you used it for the best reason ever!! :)

• Advertisement

The first thing I did on twitter was ask Pinky to return, she said she might, still waiting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement