Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you any hangups about your body?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

my boobs and feet are too big and my hands and ears are too small. I could also do with loosing a few pounds but sure so can everyone!
    All in all im pretty happy with my lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

For me it'd have to be my thunder thighs I've tried everything bar dieting and exercising and still nothing will work

also not sure if its a curse or a gift but no matter how much i eat or starve im always just slightly overweight (105kg)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think it might be too erotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I missed a boobs thread?

damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Not really tbh, a tad slimmer tummy maybe if i didnt have to lose my boobs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

My skin. I'm nearly 26 years old and I've had acne, with differing levels of severity, for nearly 15 years. It has never gone away, destroyed my confidence with women for a long time, and has constributed to the vicious cycle habit of my constantly touching my face which of course makes it much worse.

I think otherwise I'm ok though! (I used to hate having ginger hair, but I'm one of the sexy ones so no bodger!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I've one ear higher up than the other. Which is a bit of a pain when you wear glasses!
    And im after getting a little pot belly on me recently which needs to be gotten rid of fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I have loads.

My wrists are too thin.
    I've a crooked nose
    I've crooked teeth
    I'm too skinny
    I'm covered in scars from acne, chickenpox, appendicitis and random accidents
    When I smile its all gums
    The hair on my legs still has random bald patches from wearing wellys
    I don't have much muscle even though I've been told Im stronger than I look. I'd love to go to the gym but I don't want to exercise with everyone looking at me.

Despite all that, I am kinda proud of these features. Makes me look battered. I think I look tough despite the thin wrists just because of the scars and crookedness. I think its kinda made me who I am. No I'm not happy with how I look but thats probably made me feel more like an individual. I was never in the popular beautiful people crowd and I think I'm the anti of them. They all go around pretending they love each other and talking about how hot the guys in the group are. whereas I go around trying to justify my ugliness by making up stories in my head about how Im different to them and how it made me who I am.

So yeah go figure. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

Could have filled ten pages with my dodgy bits only a few months ago. I never had any confidence about my body or my appearance in any way. In fact, when people paid me a compliment, I assumed they were telling me lies so as not to hurt my feelings.

Now I'm pregnant. I'm in awe of my own body and what it's managing to do in spite of its many faults. I can't believe what it's capable of! Once the baby arrives though, I'm sure I'll notice all the problems again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

somefeen wrote: »
    I have loads.

My wrists are too thin.
    I've a crooked nose
    I've crooked teeth
    I'm too skinny
    I'm covered in scars from acne, chickenpox, appendicitis and random accidents
    When I smile its all gums
    The hair on my legs still has random bald patches from wearing wellys
    I don't have much muscle even though I've been told Im stronger than I look. I'd love to go to the gym but I don't want to exercise with everyone looking at me.

Despite all that, I am kinda proud of these features. Makes me look battered. I think I look tough despite the thin wrists just because of the scars and crookedness. I think its kinda made me who I am. No I'm not happy with how I look but thats probably made me feel more like an individual. I was never in the popular beautiful people crowd and I think I'm the anti of them. They all go around pretending they love each other and talking about how hot the guys in the group are. whereas I go around trying to justify my ugliness by making up stories in my head about how Im different to them and how it made me who I am.

So yeah go figure. :(

jesus

• Advertisement

Im starting to realise now why so many of ye have massive post counts, i wouldn't go outside either;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I have a huge belly. Entirely self inflicted. Ah well, time for beer

At almost 43, Im chuffed with mine. :P

Jake1 wrote: »
    At almost 43, Im chuffed with mine. :P

Not long more though

Hey if it lasts till fiddy, then Im okay with that :)

Jake1 wrote: »
    Hey if it lasts till fiddy, then Im okay with that :)

Ah an optimist, keep that chin up you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I have large thighs but a small waist. This means that I have to buy jeans that do 1 of 2 things:

1. Fit my waist but hug my thighs.
    2. Are too loose around the waist (JUST WEAR A BELT!! Negative sergeant. Over sized pants at the waist are uncomfortable with a belt I find).

Life is just so difficult.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Ah an optimist, keep that chin up you

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Too many to mention! but i do have good skin , hair and a fantastic bum:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I don't have any major hang ups with my body...not anymore. I've a much more "fook it" attitude now. It helps that I live in a hot country and actually see my body more often now and it doesn't take me by surprise every time I have a shower. I show parts of myself in public that I might've had a problem with in the past and no one throws rocks at me. Which is nice. Nobody actually cares, believe it or not cos check it out, we ALL have hang ups!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I have **** teeth. They stick out like mad bastards.

Other than that, it's all good. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    :mad::mad: personally ime, you do not need to be fat to have big boobs, when you put weight on of course the get larger, but one doesnt proclude the other.
    Like you said, personally. People gain weight in some areas easier than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    For me it'd have to be my thunder thighs I've tried everything bar dieting and exercising and still nothing will work
    eh, I'd try exercise. That should work. If it doesn't work, try harder.

Two cures for being over weight: eat less, exercise more. Sounds easy, it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

SheFiend wrote: »
    Like you said, personally. People gain weight in some areas easier than others.

I wasnt disputing that, that wasnt the issue i was posting on. If you go back and read my post it clearly states the having big boobs does not automatically mean your fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'd like my boobs to be a lot smaller. I've lost a lot of weight in the last few years and my boobs have stayed the same size :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    I wasnt disputing that, that wasnt the issue i was posting on. If you go back and read my post it clearly states the having big boobs does not automatically mean your fat
    nor does it automatically mean you're hot. Lots of women get confused on this. :)Big rack +lookerish=all good. Big rack+Cherie Blair=Swamp donkey. Big rack+plain enough= .....still fairly attractive. As long as you don't look like Cherie Blair, or Tony Blair as it happens. BTW, small rack but great figure and it's all good to. And a great figure is often not the accepted barbie, plenty of "larger" great looking women- curves are aalll good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Samich wrote: »
    My big funny shaped head, my nose, my lips, my eyes are the only thing I'm happy with.

My body. fat

Are you Shrek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I have done well over the last 6 months with regular exercise from walking, sit up, cycling and swimming and I am looking well for the effort.

But I am in my early forties and I can't shift the belly, I don't think the problem is fat anymore but concrete:(

Someone told me I wont get rid of it its just part of getting older.:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I put on a lot of weight this year and hated it, I had no interest in going out or booking a holiday as I had to wear shapeless clothes. My arms were too fat to wear short sleeves and I had to hide my ankles with trousers. Have just lost it all after a harrowing personal 3 month training package. Look ok again now. Actually, I look better than before. It was really expensive but worth it. Hated everything when fat, now I really appreciate looking good and don't take it for granted any more :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 nagolina

This thread's a tonic :)

I LOVE my ass, it's fab if I do say so myself.

But my thighs, dear god, I could crush a man with them :D

One of my legs is a mess with thread veins since I had the kids too....yuck!

Oh and my boobs are teensy but very pert. And the ass, did I mention the ass?

So all I need to do is chop off the one ugly leg & replace it with the ass and I'll be perfect!

Advertisement