Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you any hangups about your body?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I wish my pecker was smaller ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Had severe acne on my chest. Went on roaccuatane for a year. Acnes gone, but the scarring was pretty bad. Waiting for laser treatment to remove the scars.

Fnck you acne

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bit of a weird one. I'm fairly broad shouldered but also thin. Basically, if I done some exercises and tried to gain more muscle mass I'd be onto a winner.

I've tried the pushups etc. but lose faith after a week or two. Someday I'll get some weights.

Other than that not much. My skin can flare up every now and then and I can never seem to get a nice haircut :p

Jaysus, its like I wrote this one for myself! :p
    I train away for sport and eat a load, even started piling on the protein with chicken and eggs etc and hit the gym before work took over. Still no change though. I just burn body fat really quickly, crazy fool metabolism.

When college starts up again I might finally buy some mass builder and hit the gym properly...Or else I'll just drink and be lazy like always :D

Oh and I've psoriasis...Fecking psoriasis... Its not that bad or noticable so I can't complain about it too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Sometimes my body is utterly repulsive to me, other times it isn't. I'm trans btw, which probably explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I absolutely hate my tummy. I hold all my weight around my middle. The rest of my body is in proportion and I'd be quite slim only for my belly. Doing something to shift it now though. Hopefully I'll see some results soon! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Similarly, I said (as a bloke) that I've got bits of my body that I don't like showing off. I don't (or didn't) like my wrists. They are very slim. But I have found out to my delight, that slim wrists make your upper arms look bigger when you start working out. But I'd still like to have bigger, thicker wrists.

Thats not the truth actually, its only said to make you feel not so bad about your girlie wrists - bigger arms make your arms look bigger.

Only thing I'm not really mad about is a little wort on the palm side of one of my fingers, otherwise I'm pretty happy with things.. Oh, I've a bit of a black eye atm but that will go.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't like my hair, would rather it was thicker/straighter.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Thats not the truth actually, its only said to make you feel not so bad about your girlie wrists - bigger arms make your arms look bigger.

It is true. Larger forearm attached to smaller wrist gives the illusion that your arm is in fact bigger than it is. The same way a narrow waist will make your shoulders/back look broader than they actually are.

Thing is though as you build up your arms your wrists will also build up (although if they are narrow they will never be big, certainly do get thicker though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jive wrote: »
    It is true. Larger forearm attached to smaller wrist gives the illusion that your arm is in fact bigger than it is. The same way a narrow waist will make your shoulders/back look broader than they actually are.

Thing is though as you build up your arms your wrists will also build up (although if they are narrow they will never be big, certainly do get thicker though)

I have big arms, I know what makes arms look bigger - and its bigger arms, not smaller wrists. I have thick wrists too.

Oh, I hate that my once beautiful mane of red hair is rapidly turning grey, so I shave it bald now.. I loved my red hair :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

not too many external hang ups, but i think mentally its knowing all the screws and plates inside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Mater hospital dermatology dept. 01803 43 48.
    UV light therapy.
    You have been told.

(+ go easy on your stomach in regards your diet)

0_o............um...................thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I don't like my nose, don't like my chin either other than that I wish I were taller and slightly bigger feet as mine are so small its very hard to find shoes to fit my feet! Have a bit of acne now and again but at least it's not as bad as it used to be so happy enough with my skin overall and tends to be clear most of the time. That's good news for me as I have had acne since I was very young. Would like bigger bewbs but happy enough with them! Longer legs might be a bonus too! Overall I am happy enough with my body just a few things I'm not at all happy about. Need to keep an eye on the belly though since I'm not much of an exercise freak but eat fairly healthy though. Slim and petite just need to watch my weight a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I guess it would have to be my teeth. My teeth are fine, I don't have any fillings, floss every day, all that good stuff, but two of the incisors on my lower jaw are slightly turned due to slight overcrowding when I was a kid. I also have very sharp incisors (as in I once drew blood when playing around with a girlfriend).

My teeth are not nasty or anything, I mean they look average, but they're not exactly the pristinely laid out geometrically correct teeth I always craved. Here see what you guys think

http://tsunami1984.blog.rs/gallery/2775/zubi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I have big arms, I know what makes arms look bigger - and its bigger arms, not smaller wrists. I have thick wrists too.

Oh, I hate that my once beautiful mane of red hair is rapidly turning grey, so I shave it bald now.. I loved my red hair :mad:

Yeah well bigger arms obviously makes your arms look bigger because... well they're bigger :P If you had smaller wrists it'd make the rest of your arm look bigger, think about it. This is why small joints are a plus from a bodybuilding/aesthetic point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I burn food off way too fast, so I can't put on weight. I'm serious thin, and I can't do anything about it. I'm sure it'll be a different story completely in ten years, but it's slightly weird seeing that any girl I'm attracted to has more meat on them than I do (Not that I'm saying I have a thing for fat burds.)

There is plenty you can do about it. I used to be about 10-11 stone, for a 5' 11" height thats pretty skinny. I always thought I could never gain any weight because no matter how much I ate, my arms and legs and upper body just stayed skinny. And whenever I did pushups/situps, I never gained any muscle.

That was when I was in my early twenties and was exercising at home intermittently. I'm now 27 and am just shy of 13 stone. That 2-3 stone difference is now muscle, if you want to see a difference, you have to join a gym and have someone show you what to do. Doing 30 situps and pressups every morning has vitually no effect at all, you have to do proper 45-60 minute weight training sessions at least twice a week to gain any size.

Believe me, I always stared at my skinny legs and arms and thought I could never change, that my body was somehow different. Everyone can gain muscle no problem, its just a question of commitment. I now look far better than most people I know, it feels good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

chin_grin wrote: »
    Who's Abi?

Anyways for me it's my skin. The lot of it. Eczema does that to me. Bastard eczema.

+1 on that. Its a nightmare to keep it down. After years of trying differents creams I started using Aveeno. Its irritating at first but after about a week it was almost completely gone I couldn't believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

There is plenty you can do about it. I used to be about 10-11 stone, for a 5' 11" height thats pretty skinny. I always thought I could never gain any weight because no matter how much I ate, my arms and legs and upper body just stayed skinny. And whenever I did pushups/situps, I never gained any muscle.

That was when I was in my early twenties and was exercising at home intermittently. I'm now 27 and am just shy of 13 stone. That 2-3 stone difference is now muscle, if you want to see a difference, you have to join a gym and have someone show you what to do. Doing 30 situps and pressups every morning has vitually no effect at all, you have to do proper 45-60 minute weight training sessions at least twice a week to gain any size.

Believe me, I always stared at my skinny legs and arms and thought I could never change, that my body was somehow different. Everyone can gain muscle no problem, its just a question of commitment. I nowk. look far better than most people I know, it feels good.
    Fat fuc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Has to be the thighs for me. Dear god why do they look like that? Ugh! The bit of belly weight goes up and down for me, depending on how well I'm eating and exercising, but the thighs stay put. Everything else I dislike I can live with, just wish I had better legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My stomach - after 4 kids, the muscle tone is fecked.

I'd love smaller boobs, too. Big boobs make women look bigger all over, I always think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Twee. wrote: »
    Has to be the thighs for me. Dear god why do they look like that? Ugh! The bit of belly weight goes up and down for me, depending on how well I'm eating and exercising, but the thighs stay put. Everything else I dislike I can live with, just wish I had better legs.
    your thighs are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Everything. Tops of my arms, boobs, tummy, hips, bum, THIGHS. eugh.
    I is a minga init!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

k4kate wrote: »
    OOPS. I mean I have tiny tits, big ass shapeless body.

shapeless :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

No

Couldn't care less at the minute.. No qualms at all about strolling around naked in front of a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've been about the same weight now for the last 12 years (since the age of 19) so I can't really complain about my weight but I've only been fit looking a handful of times.
    Basically if there's a girl I fancy or have newly been going out with them, then I'm jogging, eating well and getting regular sleep patterns.
    For the last month I was seeing a young German Au Pair so I was running every day, cooking my own food and having a regular lifestyle. She went back home to Nuremburg for University last week and now I can already see myself slipping.
    I've been drinking more than usual, eating more junk food, staying up late (check the time of post!) and have completely lost my exercise routine.
    I think my problem with my looks stems from not my own perception of myself but how I think others perceive me.
    I'm happy enough being single but when I'm in a relationship I do try harder, I want to be a better version of me. I wish I could take car of myself better for more selfish reasons...healthy body healthy mind and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

I have big lumpy varicose veins on one leg only, I think it's from sitting on that leg habitually over the years. Pretty depressed that it's permanent damage unless I get surgery. It's the only cosmetic surgery I will consider.

Male BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Howdy.

Similarly, I said (as a bloke) that I've got bits of my body that I don't like showing off. I don't (or didn't) like my wrists. They are very slim. But I have found out to my delight, that slim wrists make your upper arms look bigger when you start working out. But I'd still like to have bigger, thicker wrists.

What's your bits your dislike?

I dislike mine also. too slim. And my forearms are like sticks ,aargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Not mad on my nose, and hate my knees. But nothing that would get me down!
    I never say it to other people because it only draws attention to the bits I dont like that they probably never would have noticed otherwise.
    I always try and emphasise on the good things ie flat tummy, good bum (or so Im told) and full lips so I dont focus on the negatives especially considering theyre not things I could change without surgery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Saila wrote: »
    shapeless :confused:

Without definition. IE an amoeba. Amoeba-body! Oooh check out her pseudopodia! Swit-swoooo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

My skin and my hair, both prone to drying out.
    im 30 and i still have the scars from acne on my shoulders
    I'm 32 and have been getting spots since I was 11 or 12. In my teens I was prone to getting them on my shoulders, seems to more or less disappeared from there. Still targets my face though, and I've tried every trick in the book, and regardless of how well I eat and what I use on my face I still get the odd one. It's annoying because some of them can be quite sore =/
    I have a strong addiction to food :(

Some people use food as an emotional comfort Peachy. Maybe your minds way of dealing with stuff? Would you ever consider hypnosis?

Advertisement