Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you any hangups about your body?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

My stupid double crown that makes me look like I'm going bald (which I'm not). I used to have long hair tied back in a ponytail which covered it, but there's no hiding it now that it's short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Too many to mention :( Hate being a woman sometimes!!

Not that men don't get self conscious and what not but in general they don't have as many hangups about their bodies as women do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My join-the-dots eczema scars and podgy tum ;)

I have too much nose.

Don't really mind though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I'm happy enough, weight wise I'm grand, I'm plenty tall enough, six foot one, only thing I'm not to happy about is my hair thinning, looking at my dad and grandad all my life I've long come to terms with eventually having the same hairstyle as Capt Picard.

Might join a gym and tone up, I've lost what definition I had since I stopped playing rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

5ft 10, size 12, happy with the body, just need to tone a bit and have just joined a pilates class which should sort that out...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

fedor.2. wrote: »
    jesus

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    I wasnt disputing that, that wasnt the issue i was posting on. If you go back and read my post it clearly states the having big boobs does not automatically mean your fat
    Um. I could say the same about my post... shall we just dance around in circles for a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

SheFiend wrote: »
    Um. I could say the same about my post... shall we just dance around in circles for a bit?

DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!

Not too much, just the area between my ankles and my neck. That's all. I've got cute feet and I don't think I'm what you'd call ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

My legs, Iv never worn shorts casually they're so thin.......................................................................................f*ck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I have too many teeth on my lower jaw, and so, two of them are slightly pointed sidewards.
    Having had this insecurity since a very young wee twerp, I learned to disguise it by always smiling with my lower lip covering these teeth just enough to render it un-noticeable.

My canine teeth are also particularly sharp, and I'm not talking 'oww, that pinches' sharp, I mean 'Owww, It bleeds!!!!' sharp.

When I was a child of about 11 I was the first to develop hairy arms/ pubes and was very ashamed of that until the age of about 13 when everyone else joined up.

later10 wrote: »
    I have too many teeth on my lower jaw, and so, two of them are slightly pointed sidewards.
    Having had this insecurity since a very young wee twerp, I learned to disguise it by always smiling with my lower lip covering these teeth just enough to render it un-noticeable.

I also hate my teeth. I have a huge gap in my top front two teeth, would love to have gotten braces but just never got around to it and I'm a bit old now! They had a citydeal (or similar) yesterday for 6 month braces for 1250. I was so tempted but chickened out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nope i am perfect

Except for my big x beer belly which i cant get rid of,also my hair seem to be going away,my ankles swell as i suffer from gout,i have the smallest wrists compared to my Arms,My teeth look great in the glass and last but not least i have bad eyesight.But i feel good :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

depending on my mood I can feel fairly hung up on things. mostly now i'm ok, maybe it's down to age. if i didn't have a fantastic bum i'd feel pretty shapeless. feeling a bit more self conscious of my boobs lately (or lack of), but only when naked, as that's the only time you see just how small they are.
    later10 wrote: »
    My canine teeth are also particularly sharp, and I'm not talking 'oww, that pinches' sharp, I mean 'Owww, It bleeds!!!!' sharp.

ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My shortness, am barely 5ft. Hate trying to reach things up high, and just end up pushing them away from me in my efforts. Sick of walking on the ends of my jeans the whole time, even the petite section jeans are too long:(. Am pregnant at the mo so I'm going to be a roly f**kin poly little Christmas pudding this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

I don't really have hang ups, but it does annoy me slightly that I'm very out of proportion: I'm slim as far as my boobs, and then they take over :pac:

I can never fit in to dresses. Well, I can, but only up to my chest area :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't really have hang ups, but it does annoy me slightly that I'm very out of proportion: I'm slim as far as my boobs, and then they take over :pac:

I can never fit in to dresses. Well, I can, but only up to my chest area :o
    <insert obligatory pics of GTFO line>

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I think my body was the last one they had in heaven but though it's not the smartest looking one around i've had great mileage out of it considering what it's been through.I think the Head control panel is a bit dodgy though and is errathick at time and refuses to spark properly.I'm very satisfied with it overall and i thank G-d for it daily if i remember to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

paddyandy wrote: »
    I think my body was the last one they had in heaven

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

To all the bitches who post that they hate their boobs cos they are so big............ I hate you all:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

k4kate wrote: »
    To all the bitches who post that they hate their boobs cos they are so big............ I hate you all:(

hardly fair to call them bitches, but yeah, hate them too :cool:

I used to hate my body, because I was somewhat overly skinny and, I must be honest, sick looking! Over the past few years I've been eating more and working out where I've gotten to the point where I'm not built, but I'm a lot more comfortable in my own skin.

I have to say that I don't actually have any body hangups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Kiera wrote: »
    I'd like my boobs to be a lot smaller. I've lost a lot of weight in the last few years and my boobs have stayed the same size :(

So have mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Jumpy wrote: »
    So have mine.

It's a myth that that is the first place a woman loses weight (after her face). I got down to a size 6-8 years and years ago and was still a C/D cup.

I looked ridiculous! Much more in proportion now!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Acneeee :mad: Skinny and i have a pointy nose:(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

I used to have lovely thick wavy hair, but in the last few months it's been thinning and it's getting really dry, damn hypothyroidism :rolleyes:

On the bright side, I get to wear nice hats now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Matthew23 wrote: »
    my looks are a bit intimidating for girls, not joking. i am not approached very often because im very handsome, but I always hear about them talking about me saying wow he is so hot when i am gone. girls always try to chat me up online, but they are too shy when we meet.

also i think i am a bit too strong, can be intimidating for people. i am happy with my hair now, dyed it blonde :D

I'd say people find your superhearing intimidating also, would have to lip synch when talking about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Titties too big.
    (I'm a man)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Blondini wrote: »
    Titties too big.
    (I'm a man)

I am even jealousbof you never thought my tits were near big enough, never mind too big:(

Advertisement