Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you any hangups about your body?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I miss my hair. Well, not really ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Abi wrote: »
    My skin and my hair, both prone to drying out.

I'm 32 and have been getting spots since I was 11 or 12. In my teens I was prone to getting them on my shoulders, seems to more or less disappeared from there. Still targets my face though, and I've tried every trick in the book, and regardless of how well I eat and what I use on my face I still get the odd one. It's annoying because some of them can be quite sore =/

Some people use food as an emotional comfort Peachy. Maybe your minds way of dealing with stuff? Would you ever consider hypnosis?

You should try the paleo diet, it's supposed to be good for acne. Cut out all grains, dairy and legumes for a month and see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

+1 on that. Its a nightmare to keep it down. After years of trying different creams I started using Aveeno. Its irritating at first but after about a week it was almost completely gone I couldn't believe it!

I've tried everything under the sun too. Tea tree soap is great and it's purely down to diet. Doesn't help that I've sweat glands the size of Mary Hearneys appetite, the salt in that triggers it. Stress too. It's a f*cking curse. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Not fond of my nose. Never really paid attention to it until a guy I know asked if it had ever been broken because it's a tad off centre. Wasn't too pleased about that.
    I've also developed something of a protective layer around my middle in the last few months that I'm not too fond of, but I'm working on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking.
    And I plan on finding out what that is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yes. If I went into them all now though I'd probably get depressed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I wish I was a little bit taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

My nose. I think I'm going to get a nose job it's pretty big and hate my side profile :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

My skin and my hair, both prone to drying out.

I'm 32 and have been getting spots since I was 11 or 12. In my teens I was prone to getting them on my shoulders, seems to more or less disappeared from there. Still targets my face though, and I've tried every trick in the book, and regardless of how well I eat and what I use on my face I still get the odd one. It's annoying because some of them can be quite sore =/

Some people use food as an emotional comfort Peachy. Maybe your minds way of dealing with stuff? Would you ever consider hypnosis?

I had bad skin in my teens and now in my 20s I still get the odd really bad breakout. I do eat a lot of crap to be honest, but I find Turemic powder really helps. I've tried EVERYTHING and half a teaspoon of Turmeric in a pint of water every second day has done womders!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am a hairy son of a gun.
    considering waxing my back but i am terrified
    also could be taller and a kilo or two lighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭adocholiday

No hangups per se but as a teen I was kinda fat, had acne wasn't happy at all. 2 years ago I was almost 14 stone (I'm 5'9"). I decided to sort myself out, joined a gym and got a good diet and exercise plan and also took up running.

Today I'm 11.3 stone with 11% body fat which is all around my mid section. Very annoying because I'm quite muscular and defined everywhere else.

But for those who want to lose weight, get fit etc its very doable with the right attitude and you don't have to starve either.

Don't know if this is against forum rules but check out Tom Venuto's book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Not a fad diet but a healthy plan. Saved my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Elba101 wrote: »
    I had bad skin in my teens and now in my 20s I still get the odd really bad breakout. I do eat a lot of crap to be honest, but I find Turemic powder really helps. I've tried EVERYTHING and half a teaspoon of Turmeric in a pint of water every second day has done womders!
    You should try the paleo diet, it's supposed to be good for acne. Cut out all grains, dairy and legumes for a month and see how you get on.

Thanks, I'll try both of these out :)

py2006 wrote: »
    I wish I was a little bit taller.

Nah, small is where its at. I stand at a towering 5"2 and only ever wished I was taller when I was in primary school. Not any more, I'm happy enough. Learn to love your size :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

k4kate wrote: »
    OOPS. I mean I have tiny tits, big ass shapeless body.
    I hate my body
    At least you have a big ass! :) Better a big ass than a pelvic bone like Skeletor's rear end, in my opinion.

Thanks, I'll try both of these out :)

Nah, small is where its at. I stand at a towering 5"2 and only ever wished I was taller when I was in primary school. Not any more, I'm happy enough. Learn to love your size :)

Small women come in handy at times!!

I am about 5'9 - 5'10 I think!! Really not sure!! But I would like to be slightly taller!! I think its me legs, I find it hard to find a pair of jeans to fit me properly! I have big calf muscles and shortish legs ! lol

Is this turning into a problems column? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

I used to be way too thin. Now I've got a bit of chub and I love it! Sex is much more fun when you don't feel like a bag of bones! Only thing that I would change is the pot-belly to boob ratio; Can't seem to have boobs without a bit of belly. But still it's better than being bony, so I wouldn't call it a hang-up...

Ah sure I've typed it now so you can have it :D

SheFiend wrote: »
    I used to be way too thin. Now I've got a bit of chub and I love it! Sex is much more fun when you don't feel like a bag of bones! Only thing that I would change is the pot-belly to boob ratio; Can't seem to have boobs without a bit of belly. But still it's better than being bony, so I wouldn't call it a hang-up...

Ah sure I've typed it now so you can have it :D

Ah you need a bit of meat on a woman!! Something to hold on to!!

Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

No major hangups I have to say.

Too many people focus on the negative.... make the most of what you have got and emphasise the great bits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I hate my lovely shapely boobs, rounded hips and finely shaped ass. They just don't complement my cock at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm smaller, by (ahem!) more than two inches, and generally I'm happy with my size except for two or three small issues.

1. Top shelves in supermarkets pose a problem.

2. Washing the roof of the car isn't possible (an excuse for a valet though).

3. Some men think its funny/cute to pick me up. Its not, and when you're drunk it can feel pretty threatening and intimidating too.

4. Its very hard to buy adult clothes in very small sizes. Hence my possession of Dora The Explorer pink fluffy pj's, for winter nights. I'm 25 (and a half).

On balance, maybe another two or three inches would be nice. Other than that, I'd love slightly bigger feet so finding shoes is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm around the same age and buying trousers is such a pain because I'm so short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm around the same age and buying trousers is such a pain because I'm so short.

Shopping in the childrens section is lousy for the morale too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I think im gorgeous!!

But really im not :o

My head is tiny

I wear trousers that are far too big for me in the waist, I could fit two of me inside each pair and till have room. There's all sorts of stores for the taller gentleman / lady, but none for us short and skinny gits, the bigoted bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'm good with most things, but have a bit of an issue with my ballsack.

Fcuker is way too saggy and loose, in fact most women seem to think it's strange.

Had a bint doin' a bit of 'tea bagging' and in fairness she gagged a bit when I

sank the load on her chin,and she couldn't accommodate the 'purse'.

Different story when I shot the wad into her.... moaning or what:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I'm good with most things, but have a bit of an issue with my ballsack.

Fcuker is way too saggy and loose,

Run it through the sewing machine-it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

My nose, it's rather large and recently I've noticed that it's slightly crooked too. I don't think I'd ever have surgery though, I'm trying to learn to love it and accept it as one of my quirks :D.

I could do with shedding about 6 - 8 pounds too, but whenever I try and lose weight it just drains it from the good bits! Damn you genetics. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I've had a little bit of a belly for some time now but I've been working on it with eating a bit less, and running and my usual cycling over the last few weeks, and it's gone down noticeably.

Eating less was a little tricky for the first couple of days, but your body adapts very quickly and you don't get hungry so quickly. And I still get my "day off" once a week to keep my metabolism working hard and not adapting to the new regime by burning calories more slowly.

I'm also really glad that I started running in the morning, it's such a great exercise, not just for cardio work, but also your leg muscles. It's tougher than you might expect at first, but that's exactly what I want, and I've found I've got used to it very quickly.
    And of course it's free and can be done anywhere. It's also surprisingly enjoyable: the endorphin hit can be great.

It was tough to get serious and work at losing the weight, and for a long time I didn't like my gut and wanted rid of it, but only acted to get rid of it in a half-hearted manner. I'd sometimes eat a bit less but then have a snack later.
    But once I started seriously and got over the first day or two it wasn't so difficult, and I've seen noticeable improvement quicker than I would've expected.

I know there's lots of other guys out there with a bit of a hang-up about their stomach, but once you make the changes (which aren't that hard and don't require too much sacrifice) and stick to them, you'll start to see an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

:mad::mad: personally ime, you do not need to be fat to have big boobs, when you put weight on of course the get larger, but one doesnt proclude the other.
    Im 5'7" a size 10-12, 32" legs and quite a generous rack (which p*sses me off sometimes, as they dictate the type of tops I can wear)
    If i was to change anything, it would be the settling of lard around the belly area, like an inflateable floating device (used to be much fatter :o the mammaries were horrendously big :()
    quite happy with myself atm, just need to lose another few pounds to get to my target weight :D
    Had I seen this thread 6 mnths ago, the answer would have been EVERYTHING

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    lard around the belly area, like an inflateable floating device

Do go on.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I don't there's anyone in the world who hasn't got any hang-ups about their body!
    I can honestly say I don't. It might not be perfect but its good enough for me! I'm 100% happy in who I am and I hope that never changes.
    I lied about it not being perfect.

Advertisement