Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭jefferson73

Getting some of the winter gear in early.

Ktrak-Snowmobile-Bike-Kit-Gear-Patrol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Murph100 wrote: »
    Just arrived, time to pop my tub gluing cherry :eek:

166086.jpg

I got mine on thursday cant say how happy i was ordering direct from ffwd, i got one fron wheel tub 60mm and a rear rim 60mm, they sent me the full kit brakes pads quick releases and pads plus padded bag and remommended spoke tension for the rear wheel build, told me i dont need nipple washers because of the layup of the carbon super customer service

im putting a powertap hub on the rear so im guessing weight should be in around 1.5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

32yg wrote: »
    Try work or your friends house???
    I'd imagine that in the 2+ years since that post was written that lafors has figured something out. That or he is now divorced. 32yg - your posts a pretty bizarre today.
    Getting some of the winter gear in early.
    <image snip>
    Most pessimistic post I've read in this thread.
    levitronix wrote: »
    I got mine on thursday cant say how happy i was ordering direct from ffwd
    I'm jealous. Did it work out any cheaper getting them directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Lemag wrote: »
    I'm jealous. Did it work out any cheaper getting them directly?

no cheaper maybe a little more expensive 850 but i needed a rim and a complete wheel, dont think any shops are selling theyre rims seperatly

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

Lemag wrote: »
    I'd imagine that in the 2+ years since that post was written that lafors has figured something out. That or he is now divorced. 32yg - your posts a pretty bizarre today.

Haha didnt realise how old this thread was:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

So, some winter kit arrived this morning - mostly boring stuff, except for this........

cccp-trikot-1_p1.jpg

If I find myself in a commuter race wearing this, I've decided to get along side my adversary, look them in the eye and say "I must break you....." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

That CCCP jersey looks class . Where would you be getting that from? My girlfriend would just love that jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

Jawgap wrote: »
    So, some winter kit arrived this morning - mostly boring stuff, except for this........

cccp-trikot-1_p1.jpg

If I find myself in a commuter race wearing this, I've decided to get along side my adversary, look them in the eye and say "I must break you....." :)

Classic,

Reminds me of Sergei Belov, the mad Russian beast from "American Flyers"

Sports+on+Screen+American+Flyers+opponents.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

jiffybag wrote: »
    That CCCP jersey looks class . Where would you be getting that from? My girlfriend would just love that jersey!

Send her round and I'll tell her.....;)

Or failing that, https://www.trikotexpress.de/

I forget who it was, but someone posted this site up a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Violates a few Euro Rules but will offset that with some Weight Weenie points. Will get out the scales to compare when I swap wheels over, but should be saving about half a kilo. Claimed weight 1209g incl skewers.
    IMG_20110809_091626.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My precious. :)

trek-lexa-s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

2010 Cannondale CAAD 9 Compact 105

35.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

First proper look at this thread. Really enjoying it. Good to know there's plenty others splurging away out there. Good to ogle other folks purchases and some quality excuses for blowing stupid amounts of cash on bike kit.

Bought one of these today myself (the red one)

GIORZJLS140_1_large.jpg

GIORZJLS140&docid=SjgyofsHex35gM&w=200&h=200&ei=GzVETqaqN4-IhQf8pLnWCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=803&vpy=278&dur=2496&hovh=160&hovw=160&tx=93&ty=69&page=3&tbnh=118&tbnw=118&start=42&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:42

Also got these recently to pimp out my red and white Cube Agree

700-x-23c-schwalbe-ultremo-r1-red.jpg
    search%3Fq%3Dschwalbe%2Bultremo%2Bred%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1173%26bih%3D533%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=747&vpy=72&dur=2217&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=128&ty=114&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

AD8244_2_Zoom.jpg

x3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Found these today for my singlespeed project.

http://www.bikeman.com/KON-P2MTNONEINCH.html

I didn't want a crappy pair of forks that would be even harder to replace in five years time, when no-one is doing 1" steerers any more. Shipping is a whopping $50, but even with that they came out €25 cheaper than the next best thing I could find.
    Can't afford it now, but I ordered them anyway. I'm sure I'll find the money somewhere to pay off the card ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280722017056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I just bought this today. I dunno why i didnt just order a cheaper one now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

seamus wrote: »
    Found these today for my singlespeed project.

http://www.bikeman.com/KON-P2MTNONEINCH.html

What's the threaded boss for - panier racks?
    Mine don't have that bit.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hermy wrote: »
    What's the threaded boss for - panier racks?
    Mine don't have that bit.
    Yeah, only spotted that now. And it only appears to be on one side, going by the photos. But they could be wrong. Probably for a front pannier.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Looks like both sides to me. Nice addition.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Bloody peer pressure. I want one. I want to upload to Strava too. I want achievements.

Garmin Edge 500 @ Handtec.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭murf85

Plastik wrote: »
    Bloody peer pressure. I want one. I want to upload to Strava too. I want achievements

About bloody time..new bike wud want to start paying off with alot of KOM's now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

murf85 wrote: »
    About bloody time..new bike wud want to start paying off with alot of KOM's now!!!!!

Ha! I was too lazy to get up and text you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Splashed out today. :)

30styk4.jpg
    nz1smh.jpg

€330 all in for my first road shoes... Kids these days.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

mobi-pressure-washer-zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

56550.jpg

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=56550

Ordered this today as my other Smart light acts up after it's been raining heavily. If needs be I'll try and seal this a little better by using some PVC tape. I must have 5 or 6 rear lights at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

+1 on the above. Good rear light that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Been watching these for a while now but couldn't justify the price but just bought one of these on Wiggle for 60 Euro including postage so happy with that deal. Where did you buy your one?

I hate the bike wash down in Ballyhoura and by the time I get home I'm too tired to wash the bike so gonna bring this along me anymore and clean it down at the track.
    uberwolf wrote: »
    mobi-pressure-washer-zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=56550

Ordered this today as my other Smart light acts up after it's been raining heavily. If needs be I'll try and seal this a little better by using some PVC tape. I must have 5 or 6 rear lights at this stage.

Almost a week later and it's still not here. Logged in to have a look at the order and it says 'processing'. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

After a whole summer of waiting for parts and getting it built up, my new wheel is finally ready :D

6435777965_9e0b64a971_z.jpg

Now, how to explain what i paid to someone who thinks €300 is expensive for a bike :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Been watching these for a while now but couldn't justify the price but just bought one of these on Wiggle for 60 Euro including postage so happy with that deal. Where did you buy your one?

wiggle, for 86, where it's still listed for that cost, so no idea how you managed that!

used it the once so far, perfect for the purpose. Bike cleaned in 10 minutes at the trail head.

Advertisement