Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Special Red

Posted a thread about whether to go for a Ridley Orion or the Kuota Kharma... Going for the Kharma, picking it up next Monday.

d352af02.jpg

I've asked for black hand grip and the frame is more white than this picture, but you get my drift

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Posted a thread about whether to go for a Radley Orion or the Kuota Kharma... Going for the Kharma, picking it up next Monday.

Good choice, sweet bike. Not trying to be a grammar nazi (see below) or anything, but it's 'Ridley', not 'Radley':

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Good choice, sweet bike. Not trying to be a grammar nazi (see below) or anything, but it's 'Ridley', not 'Radley':

Changed it there, my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Stomach of Anger jersey arrived.

289536559.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305127523&Signature=7zE2DGhoVwpx8rwkAkBlN6LjUSQ%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Just placed an order for all this:

158598.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Got these Sidi Genius 5 pro today from PBK for €139.
    Hopefully Sidi size 47 isn't too far off Shimano size 47.

sidigenius5pro.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

What groupset and wheels are you going with on the Kuota Red?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

murph226 wrote: »
    What groupset and wheels are you going with on the Kuota Red?

Ultegra for the groupset save the breaks; Kuota own brand on them. Mavic wheels. The make are on the tip of my tounge but can't remember them. Blade spokes, entry spec but nice in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Ultegra for the groupset save the breaks; Kuota own brand on them. Mavic wheels. The make are on the tip of my tounge but can't remember them. Blade spokes, entry spec but nice in fairness.

Aksium? Ksyrium?

bontrager-rl-road-shoe.jpg
    Bought these a while back, as the old Shimano shoes I had were splitting between the sole and the upper, and with the reduction, and them having size 47 in stock at the time, I was able to get carbon soles for not too much over entry level cost (They cost €85 instead of about €160). At least that's how I justify it to myself.....

• Advertisement

cython wrote: »
    Aksium? Ksyrium?

Ksyrium..

mavic_ksyrium_elite_frt_06.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

6404?$Display$

giro_ionos_h_blublk_34.jpg

Best bit of kit I have bought in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Dubba wrote: »
    Assos T FI Uno Black Bib Shorts from ribble - 20% off €129 delivered:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Assos-T-FI-Uno-Bib-Shorts/ASSOZBBS260

What is their delivery service like, did I see posts here with people having issues?

You've probably had your question answered by your experience at this stage, but I've found them reliably slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

uberwolf wrote: »
    You've probably had your question answered by your experience at this stage, but I've found them reliably slow.

Delivery took 5 working days, so not too bad a first experience dealing with Ribble. BTW the Uno's are great, very comfortable, should have bought a pair ages ago!

Also anyone having delivery problems with CRC?
    I'm waiting 7 working days now with no show :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

angry_fox wrote: »
    6404?$Display$

Best bit of kit I have bought in a while

Have those shoes, luv them!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

New wheels arrived today:

160628.jpg

Bit on the chunky side at 1080 and 893 g (with rim tape, without skewers), but fairly pretty looking. I expect they should be rather stiff as well. Not going to make me faster, though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Coronal wrote: »
    New wheels arrived today:

160628.jpg

Bit on the chunky side at 1080 and 893 g (with rim tape, without skewers), but fairly pretty looking. I expect they should be rather stiff as well. Not going to make me faster, though :P

Where they the ones on special in Ribble?

Where they the ones on special in Ribble?

Yup. 300 delivered. Can't compare the quality, but for half the price of Mavic Cosmic Carbones I'm willing to take a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Coronal wrote: »
    Yup. 300 delivered. Can't compare the quality, but for half the price of Mavic Cosmic Carbones I'm willing to take a punt.
    I ordered a bunch of Pro-Lite stuff from them last friday (the same day which you ordered these, I think) but only got the dispatch notice earlier today. I was very close to pulling the trigger on wheels which I didn't need. Instead, I bought a whole load of other stuff which I don't need :(

Unfortunately, this now begets more purchases, as I need tyres and tubes. I did lie and tell myself that the wheels were the extent of it at the time... I swear I spend more time shopping than cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Yeah I'd be curious to know what percentage of the market is actually made up of needless purchases:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

SIDI-GENIUS-6-6.jpg

To replace my current 6.6s that refuse to whiten back up after been ruined by Spanish mud. (long story,don't ask)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To replace my current 6.6s that refuse to whiten back up after been ruined by Spanish mud.
    Definite stigma there - Spanish bloodmud = unclean:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Beasty wrote: »
    Definite stigma there - Spanish bloodmud = unclean:)

Come to think of it there was livestock involved.
    I suspect the UCI will be knocking on my door any day now wanting me to pee in a cup.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

New jersey and also my all time favourite album :)

P1000494.jpg

One of the (too) many things I 've got lately. At least this was a gift :)

Specialized-Racing-Bike-Helmet-Prevail-White-300x180.jpg

Under 200gr for the medium, actually it's 199!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ultegra 6700 chainset, derailleurs and brakes on the way from CRC to match my 6700 shifters. :o

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

el tel wrote: »
    New jersey and also my all time favourite album :)

Not a favourite of mine but very, very nice.
    Where did you order it from?

Genealogy Forum Mod

furiousox wrote: »
    Ultegra 6700 chainset, derailleurs and brakes on the way from CRC to match my 6700 shifters. :o

Why from CRC for the love of the cycling god?! There are many places to get that kind of stuff cheaper, shinybikes.com is one of them!

Enjoy your new toys anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Why from CRC for the love of the cycling god?! There are many places to get that kind of stuff cheaper, shinybikes.com is one of them!
    Enjoy your new toys anyway :D

Priced Evans, Wiggle, Css, Cycleways, Slane and Bike24.
    CRC was (surprisingly) quite a bit cheaper than them all.
    Forgot about Shiny but just priced the parts there and its coming in about E12 cheaper than CRC so... not too bad.
    Parts are in transit, compact chainset needed for the Jenkinstown climb (Tour of Louth) on Sunday!

Edit: Also priced these guys, I've used them before and they're great but unfortunately a bit pricier than CRC etc.

http://www.highonbikes.com/

CPL 593H

Advertisement