Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

picked up a set of the planet x 52 mm clinchers yesterday.

WPPX52CCL-BLK_P1.jpg

went for the no logo option. Went for a spin this morning and they seem nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Plastik

IMG_0272.jpg

carbon clinchers
    20/24h
    Novatec hubs
    1530g claimed

Arrived this morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Waiting on these to arrive...

1296564216099-1jq3lijgnvqji-399-75.jpg

Last 3 posts are new wheels, was planning to upgrade in the summer, but they're making me want to just bite the bullet and get them next month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BDK

Where did you get the wheels,Plastik,and what was the damage?

BDK wrote: »
    Where did you get the wheels,Plastik,and what was the damage?

Howdy, mine are from Dengfu, but I bought from their ebay shop - 'Carbonzone'. Somewhere about €425 including shipping to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Just wondering if ye think these are good value sets?
    http://stores.ebay.com/Frances-Cycling/_i.html?_fsub=17084335
    $100 for full sets.Have a friend going to the states in a few weeks so could get him to bring them home.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Bigserious1

Just ordered these. Cheers for the ebay shop mention Plastik.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150690825719&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:3160

You should have them by Monday week, or possibly, if you're very lucky by Friday. I've about 240km on mine with no issues to report. Mine are suffering from the 'white residue/powder' around the brake track on the front wheel that many people report. I'm not sure if it's a pad or track issue, but from what I've read it tends to just settle down after a period. The pads that come with are perfectly adequate in the dry but you won't stop in a hurry in the wet!

Great didnt realise they came with brake pads. One more saving made. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Are the brake pads these grey-brown ones which are made from cork? If yes, dump in the bin and get some yellow swisstops.

• Advertisement

Plastik wrote: »
    Howdy, mine are from Dengfu, but I bought from their ebay shop - 'Carbonzone'. Somewhere about €425 including shipping to Ireland.

Did you get stung by customs on the wheelset? I'm thinking the pair I bought come to about 425 including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

new jersey :)

kabne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

some new goodies arrived yesterday:D

fkogh3.jpg

20aywpt.jpg

2iqhher.jpg

make mine a double.

sram-s900-130bcd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lenny. Hope you are going to use that heading up the Marie Blanque in July.

Today I bought
    11/28 Ultegra cassette * 3 Fiting them on all of my spare wheels. I figure that in France I will use 34/28 and 50/11 and very little else.
    3 * Ultegra chains.
    3 quick links.

Oh and some wheels from Skeff (Ksyrium SL rear is new and front is second hand, look lovely.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Lenny. Hope you are going to use that heading up the Marie Blanque in July.

Today I bought
    11/28 Ultegra cassette * 3 Fiting them on all of my spare wheels. I figure that in France I will use 34/28 and 50/11 and very little else.
    3 * Ultegra chains.
    3 quick links.

Oh and some wheels from Skeff (Ksyrium SL rear is new and front is second hand, look lovely.

aye, i figure how hard can it be :)
    It uses the same bottom bracket as the current compact gearing on the pyrenees bike, (which is also my training bike, i wanted the same gearing as the race bike) so hopefully i will be able to swap back to the compact handy enough. Ill be using the same as yourself over there - 34/28 and 50/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

70118.jpg

46/36T goodness

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

New set of fulcrum racing 7s and front mech arrived from ribble today. Nothing fancy by many boards regulars standards, but for me the difference between having a smoothly working road bike and having to go out on the hybrid. Happy days!

Just bought one of these to try it out as I like my Tune saddle too much and it's been bit of a pita moving the saddle around between the two bikes. 80euro, 110gr, you can't go wrong (unless it doesn't fit my bottom). The graphics are a bit horrible, but I ll sand em them down eventually if it fits me.

!BwvBlUwBGk~$(KGrHqEOKjUEw,F!dM6TBMKW(P0Wpw~~_3.JPG

@ astra - ill need to talk to you about adding lightnes sto my bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

1327935344124-13vhyo33xy3b4-399-75.jpg

on route from bike discount

@lenny sure, let me know how I can be of help.
    kuro_man wrote: »

on route from bike discount

These are the iclics? Good luck with them.. i had trouble with them and I eventually send them back to wiggle for refund. I had both the cheap and the expensive ti version. Too many failed clip-ins and unwanted unclips were happening. If you search the web it's quite a wide spread issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

These are the iclics?

these are "iclic 2", supposed to have all the niggles ironed out....hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

arrived today from Rose
    the €100 competition voucher i won came in handy :D

2vwwmso.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

This week?
    Um....:o

Gore Ride On Pro Gear Cable Kit
    KMC X10 SL Chain
    Dura-Ace 7900 12-25 Cassette
    Canyon VCLS Carbon/Basalt Seatpost (SH)
    Canyon Chaincatcher

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Was passing by cycle superstore so I popped in for a look as I'd never been before....ended up trying this and this on for size and was flattered to find I only take a medium in LOOK clothes....so I had to buy them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I bought a set of LOOK bib shorts and short sleeved, full zip jersey there last year. Around this time actually. Got chit-chatting to another customer who had said he has had plenty of there stuff through the years and it was good quality:price ratio. They were running some sort of a special on them at the time and they were a good price when bought together.

I find them great anyway... very comfortable and they have seen a few thousand km's and been through the wash a million times at this stage and still going fine. You shouldn't be disappointed with them anyway!

My credit card doesn't like me anymore.

I got rims and hubs, and waiting for spokes so Holyboy can build me an under 1250gr clincher set :D
    I also ordered a set of Veloflex Corsa's 23 plus latex tubes.
    Lastly.. a 12-29 cassette for some serious climbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Astra - with the 12-29, do you have to change your rear mech to long cage for that.

I put on a 28, but a 29 would be better. Just wondering will I get away with it using short cage RD.

• Advertisement

Campag has only one rear mech and it fits up to to 29. For shimano I am not so sure what's the limit on short cage. You can always buy a cheap enough Sram Apex and set it up with a 32cassette if you think you ll need more.

Advertisement