Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bambaata

mloc123 wrote: »

How do you find that saddle? Im crippled on my one and have to get rid of it sooner rather than later!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Had planned on going for Brooks again for my road bike, but decided to try an Allay Racing Sport saddle instead. A saddle with an adjustable air cushion designed for fat bastards who don't want a pain in the hole 'Tuned for larger and heavier riders.' Sounds like they might just have been talking about me.

11265_03_z.jpg

Arrived yesterday, and looks nice, but haven't had it on the road yet. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

It's more for general health than directly cycling related, but I can't resist an interesting gadget so took delivery of one of these last week. Best price was SimplyElectronics and no problems with delivery, although it was just over the promised 9 days. I think there are attempts being made to link their website in with Strava - they're already compatible with others. So far so good it's a great gadget anyway! Dunno about this fat/lean mass measurement lark and how it works - must do some reading.
    withings_webpage_screenshot.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

bough a couple of tacx lumos bar end lights. They remind me of something, cant figure out what tho.

tahb22-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

g0g wrote: »
    Dunno about this fat/lean mass measurement lark and how it works - must do some reading.

I had never heard of that before. Something to do with the relative conductivity of fat and muscle. Some of the sports science heads will probably have a view on its accuracy and limitations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »
    bough a couple of tacx lumos bar end lights. They remind me of something, cant figure out what tho.

tahb22-1.jpg

Cannon?

cannon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

RobFowl wrote: »
    Cannon?

I wish I was as pure-minded as you! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I wish I was as pure-minded as you! :pac:

Thats a load of balls.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

RobFowl wrote: »
    Cannon?

A 'Love Cannon' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

my credit card has gone on strike.

CLI.jpg

and
    BCSRSRAM_P1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Ordered my new bike today...should have it later this week:D After spending Thurs afternoon on the phone trying to find places that stock Scott bikes and considering(seriously:eek:) a drive to Belfast as I knew Slane Cycles had it in stock, I ended up finding the bike I wanted 40min down the road in Limerick www.tribikes.ie

Just a bummer I used the cycle to work scheme last year on my cheap hybrid bike so have to fork over the cash for this one all myself:(

ST221776019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

cpw30.jpg

Replacing some Ksyrium SLs I killed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

thub-promax3.jpg

its a pity they are 36h and I just bought 32h rims, now Ive to find nice 36h rims!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

another front hub to add to my large collection

r1r_white_tracker.jpg

white industries tracker hub

http://www.bikepro.com/products/hubs/white.html

idea is to pair it with one of these rears:

(without the red)
    8.jpg

http://mackhubs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=5&lang=en

almost every other non forged track hub is made from 6061 grade so they have to make the flanges thicker, these are made from 7075 T6, should be stronger, threads definitely would be better

191263.JPG

Full pic next week when the bike is ready :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is an expensive bloody hobby though I'm really glad I stopped commuting on the road bike, really cuts down on the maintenance costs. Some crazy differences in prices too.
    105 cassette + 10 speed chain;
    Wiggle: €100
    CRC: €75
    Bike24: €66 (incl shipping)

Should last me the whole year too. Threw in a new ultegra front mech seeing as I'd made such a saving :pac:. I do need a new front mech, honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

hope--vision1-zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

powertap-pro-hub-2012-zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

powertap_hub_sl_small%5Bekm%5D435x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

One powertap is nevr enough... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SpaceGerbil

Handy over the darker months and when I can't get out.
    193965.jpg

• Advertisement

Sa-wheet

194065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

seamus wrote: »
    Sa-wheet

194065.jpg

Corrr what a keyboard. Can ya move that thing in front of it for a better pic? :pac:

Think you need to clean the crisps off the Alt Gr key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

It's ear wax.

Dónal wins it, tis the remains of my lunch.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    191263.JPG

Full pic next week when the bike is ready :D

Its been 3 weeks now... what are the rims?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Its been 3 weeks now... what are the rims?

Haha sorry, I posted the bike here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76940500&postcount=4305

They are nothing too special, Gigantex ultralight 50mm, novatec superlight hubs laced to sapim cxrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

194469.png
    194470.png

My first road bike
    Dispatched in 48 hours.
    194468.png

• Advertisement

New powertap finally built into a wheel..

197403.png

Advertisement