Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭Nollog

well... everyone were expecting atleast ONe decent game lol. so far no new games, just remakes. thats why people selling them. no matter what great harware you have, it wount matter if you dont have games.

ocarina of time is remaked now for 5th time? seriuosly nintendo...

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was excellent.
    Samurai Warriors is supposed to be good (I can't find a copy).
    Nintendogs+Cats, while not a game, is pretty addictive.

Only 5?
    Feels like it's been 7 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was excellent.
    Samurai Warriors is supposed to be good (I can't find a copy).
    Nintendogs+Cats, while not a game, is pretty addictive.

Only 5?
    Feels like it's been 7 at least.

Theres Samurai Warriors for you from CEX online
    http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5060073307784
    About 28 euro 2nd hand

Also i am looking forward to getting Zelda because really what other games is there on it ?

Theres Samurai Warriors for you from CEX online
    http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5060073307784
    About 28 euro 2nd hand

Also i am looking forward to getting Zelda because really what other games is there on it ?

how to buy english?

how to buy english?

Yes they post to Ireland because thats where i pick up all my Blu Ray's from it takes about 5 to 7 days to get stuff posted to you

Yes they post to Ireland because thats where i pick up all my Blu Ray's from it takes about 5 to 7 days to get stuff posted to you

What do you need to do to get them sent to you?
    It won't let me.

• Advertisement

What do you need to do to get them sent to you?
    It won't let me.

Just pay with paypal and there you go i might work that way

But i am reg as Ireland for my address so maybe thats way i can get the stuff posted to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just in comparison, the PSP has sold over 68 million. I know that's total, but it's got a long way to go.

Wow go Sony, that's almost half what the DS sold (over 146 million) in roughly the same time-frame :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

30% price cut
    nintendo projected figures for the year down 82%
    sales divebombing

FLOOOOOOOOOOOP

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

30% is a lot! Where'd be cheapest to buy here?

That said, you need games to shift consoles. A new Mario and Zelda traditionally. Or even that new Resi game.

You know what'd be awesome? If you were able to plug in your 3DS (or DS) into the TV and play it on the screen. I should really buy that GC adapter for the GB/GBC/GBA.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ffs stop bringing in zombie threads lads :p

what did they expect in all fairness?

so it should be around 199eu? they had to do it with Vita just behind the corner.

Ds was always cheap and good bang for the money with casual games. Parents were buying Ds, because alternatives were really expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Helix wrote: »
    30% price cut
    nintendo projected figures for the year down 82%
    sales divebombing

FLOOOOOOOOOOOP

Meh, I'm enjoying OoT and The Mercenaries 3D. And I'll enjoy my 20 free games:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/313468/free-3ds-games-for-early-adopters-detailed-dated/

This is an interesting article on the situation: http://kotaku.com/5825553/nintendo-has-reached-its-playstation-3-moment

lol it's 10 games from a choice of 20. I'd take the 80 quid instead though!

That's something but I can't believe they've cut the price so much.

so online store still not open? jesus...

when we would feel a price cut? i presume gamestops wount know a thing about it yet.

the price cut isn't til August 12 in the states. So maybe in 2013 here :p best just ask around the shops come August. But maybe September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

when we would feel a price cut? i presume gamestops wount know a thing about it yet.

The e-shop is open? I've bought a good few things.

lol it's 10 games from a choice of 20.

Em, it's ten NES and ten GBA games, there's no choice.
    so online store still not open?

It's been open since June 7th.

It's August 12th in the US, Europe's date is TBA.

aha ok cheers, i read it wrong :o i'll still take the €80. But hey, Ocarina of Time 3D must be awesome. What's it like playing a console game on a handheld?

Is Layton vs Phoenix Wright far away?

cheers. for info. i just assumed its not open.

so if its in US on 12th, then it will be here in 2020 then so.

269eu on gamestop, so i presume it will be around 180-190 quid? sounds more reasonable. might pick it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Having bought the 3ds near the release date im not too annoyed about the price drop as I got mine from hmv when they were selling it for €205 thankfully. So not much of a price drop and plenty of free games :)

they knew the same time as the rest of us i assume, when it was announced last night.

the thing is, speaking to a fair few retailers the general concensus is that very few places were charging full price for it anyway since they were trying to shift stock. the €80 cut brings the official RRP in line with what many places were charging anyway, so it remains to be seen whether this will be a salvagable operation from nintendo

the whole idea of switching the focus from 3d to "next generation power" also seems a little redundant given that the vita will blow it out of the water on that front

in fact it seems like nintendo have really screwed up with their next gen consoles. the 3ds's main feature is the reason many people arent bothering with it, and the wii u is technically on a par with the already established 360 and ps3, which will both be replaced within the next 18 months or so

now i love nintendo, but theyve really screwed up here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Agreed Helix. Although I am quite interested in the WiiU's controller and the prospect of no HUD on the screen :) petty i know but it's a flexible console......i guess that's also my qualm with PSVita; it has everything, but what's the gimmick, you know? That makes me think worse of the WiiU, lol. I suppose it depends on the implementation of the Nintablet.

Anyway it's all about exclusive killer software. I don't know what they're bringing out at Launch for the Wii U but it's gotta be great. 1-2 killer apps along with a free demo pack.

Nintendo will put it out of the hat :) Maybe :p

Agreed Helix. Although I am quite interested in the WiiU's controller and the prospect of no HUD on the screen :) petty i know but it's a flexible console......i guess that's also my qualm with PSVita; it has everything, but what's the gimmick, you know? That makes me think worse of the WiiU, lol. I suppose it depends on the implementation of the Nintablet.

Anyway it's all about exclusive killer software. I don't know what they're bringing out at Launch for the Wii U but it's gotta be great. 1-2 killer apps along with a free demo pack.

Nintendo will put it out of the hat :) Maybe :p

it sounds very harsh, but he is right. nintendo did do a booboo.

i would get a 3DS just because i newer ever had DS and i would use it more to play old games, then new ones. If nintendo will try to jump the ZOMG AWESOME GRAPHICS! then VITA will just go *yawn*.

this price drop just show how bad situation is. it wount repeat Virtual boy tragedy, but i doubt it will do as great as original DS.

Wii U is late to the party. there was nothing that would interest me. Nintendo allways trying to reinvent wheel with controls. Now thanks to nintendo, the real gaming got set back by good 1-2 years, because all jumped in one stupid motion control train...

thanks god my good old wee PC is still has some brains left in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That's 118 euro:)

3DS's are region locked so u'd have to buy all ur games there as well :(

http://ds.about.com/od/nintendods101/f/Is-The-Nintendo-3ds-Region-Free-Or-Region-Locked.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

im going to chicago in november so i may pick one up then :)

im going to chicago in november so i may pick one up then :)

if youre going back to ireland youll need to buy your games from the states for them to work though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Helix wrote: »
    if youre going back to ireland youll need to buy your games from the states for them to work though

Thus getting them far cheaper and not missing out on great games like the stuff Atlus brings out. Which is why I'll be getting mine there.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thus getting them far cheaper and not missing out on great games like the stuff Atlus brings out. Which is why I'll be getting mine there.

does it still work out cheaper these days?

have customs not tightened the noose a little on importing from outside the eu?

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Is there no workaround for the region lock?

Advertisement