Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who hates Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Reasons why Dublin is hateful

1. The public transport is terrible, you would think it would be good for the prices they charge
    2. It's seen as a luxury to park your car for a few hours the cost of parking
    3. The attitudes of many of the staff in shops, they are rude. it's basic common sense to say hello and thank you.
    4. A lot of people without basic manners, walking in to you, a herd of cattle would have more courtesy
    5. The north sider/south sider divide. Many people in south are arrogant, judgemental and ignorant and many people in North are hard, tough nuts not that different to south siders though they too don't know how to use their heads.
    6. The complete lack of men here, the only decent men are men of the older generations who would give their seat up to an older lady on the bus or a pregnant women. Many dublin and a good few Irish men wouldn't have what it takes to go to military service if this country had one and was compulsory for men. You would see how many spoilt little boys we have here instead of men.
    7. The clannish attitudes and they would rather employ a person because they know them or because they are from Dublin/Ireland than a person who is very skilled at the work and yet they complain that there are a stortage of skilled workers here.

I know I will get alot of dubliners replying to this, who will take it as a personal insult, lighten up it's only my experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I'm from Dublin and will tell you that people from Dublin are the first to admit that the city has problems. We know it's not perfect because we're from there and we care about it. We don't need anybody else to tell us what we already know. And we CERTAINLY don't need anybody to exaggerate our problems or just plain make shit up.

Dublin is a great city. It has everything you could possibly want in a city - and more. My major gripe with Dublin is with how it's policed. Skangers in the city centre and in certain areas pretty much have free reign to go around annoying people. If we could cleanse the city of this problem we'd be a lot better. Also, our transport 'system' is frankly embarrassing.

However, one of the nicest things you can do in Ireland is to sit outside Grogan's on a sunny day with a pint and watch people go by. Or go get lost in the majesty that is the Phoenix Park. I was there recently after a long absence and was blown away by how beautiful it is. It's amazing that a park of that size is kept as well as it is.

One more thing. For those of you who don't like it - leave. Just go back to where you're from. You're not welcome. Get out. Stay out. We don't need or want you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

One more thing. For those of you who don't like it - leave. Just go back to where you're from. You're not welcome. Get out. Stay out. We don't need or want you.

Excellent point. Why stay somewhere you don't like and spend all your time bitching and moaning about it? **** off if you don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

1. The public transport is terrible, you would think it would be good for the prices they charge
    3. The attitudes of many of the staff in shops, they are rude. it's basic common sense to say hello and thank you.
    4. A lot of people without basic manners, walking in to you, a herd of cattle would have more courtesy
    5. The north side/southsider divide. Many people in south are arrogant, judgemental and ignorant and many people in North are hard, tough nuts not that different to southsiders though they too don't know how to use their heads.
    6. The complete lack of men here, the only decent men are men of the older generations who would give their seat up to an older lady on the bus or a pregnant women. Many dublin and a good few Irish men wouldn't have what it takes to go to military service if this country had one and was compulsory for men. You would see how many spoilt little boys we have here instead of men.
    7. The clannish attitudes and they would rather employ a person because they know them or because they are from Dublin/Ireland than a person who is very skilled at the work and yet they complain that there are a shortage of skilled workers here.

I know I will get alot of dubliners replying to this, who will take it as a personal insult, lighten up it's only my experiences

That's some generalization about a city with a large population, and I am sure you could say that about any big cities or even any large towns.

Lumbo wrote: »
    Excellent point. Why stay somewhere you don't like and spend all your time bitching and moaning about it? **** off if you don't like it.

Well I know once, I have finished my degree im going to the uk or Canada

• Advertisement

:p Bye bye :p

I am sure the cities there will have everything you wish for.

realies wrote: »
    That's some generalization about a city with a large population, and I am sure you could say that about any big cities or even any large towns.

1.5 million people in a city is hardly a large population. Its a very small population. There is 7.7 m in London

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

It was after two and a half years of living in Dublin when I did a bit of voluntary work with older people did I first meet decent people who you could have a conversation who restored my faith in humanity here. I find many of the older people more approachable and normal. It's many of the younger people that I find are harder to talk to. Im from the North and people are really different in comparsion to dubliners they are much more open mined and easy going. These are from my experiences.

I am sure the cities there will have everything you wish for.

Yes, that is why there is more Irish abroad than in Ireland!

• Advertisement

You're something else. You come to Dublin and get a university education and then bitch about the place. Incidentally - I live in Toronto. Please don't come here; you won't like it here either.

What part of the north you from ?

Its funny how you think im prodestant. So if anyone says they are from the North people to a Dubliner they automatically think they are protestant. You should read a Irish history book, there are also catholic people living in the North. I know people from Donegal who live down here and sometimes they get Dubliners asking them when they say they are from Donegal, is that part of the 6 counties. How could someone not know their own countries very recent history! Its a pity for them I guess they are uneducated.

You're something else. You come to Dublin and get a university education and then bitch about the place. Incidentally - I live in Toronto. Please don't come here; you won't like it here either.

I was in Canada before and I loved it and I was liked. Why would you dislike someone because they have a different opinion to you! thats not right everyone can have their own opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This is probably the most ridiculous thing that I've ever read on boards........and that's saying something!

What are you talking about I never said you were any religion,just asked what part of the north your from ?

Its you that has the big chip and attitude problem, of you go love enjoy.

I was in Canada before and I loved it and I was liked.

Its nice you were liked in canada,:D

I am Irish we have the right to complain about our own country/city/town if you see what it doesn't have you can do something about it like join politics or a cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Its funny how you think im prodestant. So if anyone says they are from the North people to a Dubliner they automatically think they are protestant. You should read a Irish history book, there are also catholic people living in the North. I know people from Donegal who live down here and sometimes they get Dubliners asking them when they say they are from Donegal, is that part of the 6 counties. How could someone not know their own countries very recent history! Its a pity for them I guess they are uneducated.

I hope the degree is going well. Is it English Literature by any chance?

Its nice you were liked in canada,:D

Well i don't care if im like or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I like being Irish

Well i don't care if im like or not.

Clearly.

What is the basis for your inference that I think you are Protestant?
    stimpson wrote: »

No, Social Care in DIT, apparently. However, I am not sure if she got in.

stimpson wrote: »

So when you ran out of smart thing sto say have a go at my spelling and grammer mistakes. Would you say that to Albert einstein and Leonardo da vinci who had dylexia too. Most of the world's geniuses had dylexia. What is that saying about your intelligence? pointing another person's dylexia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I was in Canada before and I loved it and i was liked .

Somebody was telling you lies;)

:D;) I like i'm Irish & a dub and people like me, so there.
    and i have lots of lovely friends to.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

5. The north sider/south sider divide. Many people in south are arrogant, judgemental and ignorant and many people in North are hard, tough nuts not that different to south siders though they too don't know how to use their heads.
    7. The clannish attitudes and they would rather employ a person because they know them or because they are from Dublin/Ireland than a person who is very skilled at the work and yet they complain that there are a stortage of skilled workers here.

Or not really care what you think as you wont be staying here anyway.You have worked yourself into a right little tizz now havent you .

I am Irish we have the right to complain about our own country/city/town if you see what it doesn't have you can do something about it like join politics or a cause.

Why dont you do something about it instead of bitching about how much you hate it, and i asked you before what part of the north are you from.

So when you ran out of smart thing sto say have a go at my spelling and grammer mistakes. Would you say that to Albert einstein and Leonardo da vinci who had dylexia too. Most of the world's geniuses had dylexia. What is that saying about your intelligence? pointing another person's dylexia

Do you have any evidence to back this claim?

• Advertisement

Raekwon wrote: »
    This is probably the most ridiculous thing that I've ever read on boards........and that's saying something!

You don't get out much, do you if you find that the most ridiculous thing you have ever read. Open a magazine like 'new' or a tabloid newspaper and you will see a variety of strange and ridiculous things. It's only an opinion. There are many many ridiculous things that people actually do that you can read about!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement