Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who hates Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

So when you ran out of smart thing sto say have a go at my spelling and grammer mistakes. Would you say that to Albert einstein and Leonardo da vinci who had dylexia too. Most of the world's geniuses had dylexia. What is that saying about your intelligence? pointing another person's dylexia

Your dyslexia isnt consistent love

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Do you have any evidence to back this claim?

No I don't have evidence. I read it in a book a years ago about dylexia.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

To answer the original question. Members of the 2011 Galway hurling squad.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Your dyslexia isnt consistent love

I know, I used to be mildly dylexic when i was small. What are you calling me 'love'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

The lady is a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

realies wrote: »
    The lady is a troll.
    . and working herself into a right little tizz now too !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I know, I used to be mildly dylexic when i was small. What are you calling me 'love'

dyslexia is permanent ...you either have it or not

I know, I used to be mildly dyslexic when i was small. What are you calling me 'love'

;) He fancies ya, just going around about way of telling ya,;) its a dub or a cork thing.:D

No I don't have evidence. I read it in a book a years ago about dylexia.

I read about jumping frenchman disorder once, doesn't mean i have it

The lady is a troll.

As a matter of fact, I didn't post that thread today I posted it last year, someone would of got in to my account or hacked my password and posted it up today. It wasn't me that posted it today. So who is doing the trolling here?

• Advertisement

As a matter of fact, I didn't post that thread today I posted it last year, someone would of got in to my account or hacked my password and posted it up today. It wasn't me that posted it today. So who is doing the trolling here?

Oh the lies!!! although there is an awful amount of hacking going on lately, mmmm

;) He fancies ya, just going around about way of telling ya,;) its a dub thing.:D

Well English people say 'love' too. Its usually women that say it though

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Oh the lies!!!

I am not lying. See the date of the first post, it's from 2010, today's date is not on it.

I am sure they did , and you hopped straight back in and gave it more wellie and another good dig at the Dubs .

But at this stage I am laughing at it , you got yourself into a right auld lather now .! Working yourself into a migraine I'd imagine .,

Why didn't you report it to the moderators instead of carrying on this falsh you :-)

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am sure they did , and you hopped straight back in and gave it more wellie and another good dig at the Dubs .

But at this stage I am laughing at it , you got yourself into a right auld lather now .! Working yourself into a migraine I'd imagine .,

Well you can give it but not take it, when its comes to people from the country calling them 'culchies' and making fun of their accents

Anyways I actually like Dublin people in general at least they are genuine, its such the aspects of the city I don't like and some of the men.

May I be the one to point out that this is your thread and your the one giving out & insulting people & trying to put down our country's capital city.

Why didn't you report it to the moderators instead of carrying on this falsh you :-)

Who do I report it to, can I change my password?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

In response to OP - there are a lot of people who just don't like Dublin. I lived there for years, never settled.

You'll get cut down for that opinion on boards.ie though - it's up there with saying you're a practicing Catholic, you listen to Joe Duffy, you're a Man United fan, or you're anti-immigration.

I mean look what this thread has turned into.

• Advertisement

Anyways I actually like Dublin people in general at least they are genuine, its such the aspects of the city I don't like and some of the men.

:confused::eek::D Your one crazy woman rosie :):D;) starting to like some of you now:)

May I be the one to point out that this is your thread and your the one giving out & insulting people & trying to put down our country's capital city.

Well I am sorry if I upset you or anyone. But it can annoy you the way how thing are. Its not that bad a place just somethings are not the way you want them to be.

Who do I report it to, can I change my password?

Pm the mods here, simples . and they can do anything,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I find a lot of Dublin people have a superiority complex, an arrogant air about them. Its kinda like the way "Great Britian" thinks its such an important world power,when in reality, they're a debt-ridden, uneducated, scummy society for the most part (I said most, not all).

Having said that, I find that some people from Cork, Kerry, Clare, Galway and Mayo always have a chip on their shoulders for some reason. They think they were hard done by, or that they are entitled to more than everybody else.

Statistically wrong & morally wrong, next to the ordinary decent people of the UK we're a nation of slack jawed inbred eejits, you couldn't blame anyone forming that opinion of us as this thread has proven.

What do you base your assertions on? How long have you lived in the UK? where have you lived whilst there? and what happened to you whilst there that has caused you to form such a general & distasteful opinion of Britons?

As for here in Dublin,well like everywhere else it has an element of scum but I assure you they are the minority,just like Limerick,just like Cork,Kerry,Galway etc etc etc unfortunatley it's the bad apples spoiling the barrel and it's only ever the bad press that gets nationwide attention (just like Limerick,Galway etc etc)

I'm from Dublin,born & bred,my fathers family hail from the pale,my mothers from the Black & Amber county,I'm extremely proud of my Dublin roots and my Kilkenny links.I'm embarrassed by the scum who let us down & the snobs who show us up but not half as embarrassed or let down I feel when Irish people are so derogatory & hateful toward each other.

Jaysus we were all alot more tolerant of eachother when we were all under foreign rule,now all we do is bicker n begrudge eachother at the drop of a hat, we allow gombeens into power,we do nowt when they begin to make a right balls of everything while the world looks on and laughs at our acceptance of it all.

......and we console ourselves over a few sups and declare "ah sure what can ya do,tis the way tis,fook Dublin" or "it's a load of me ballicks but wha canya do?,fook the culchies".

The counties of Ireland are not the problem its the eejits from the counties!

Well you can give it but not take it, when its comes to people from the country calling them 'culchies' and making fun of their accents
    I have never called anyone a culchie so be careful who you smear here now . You are threading a fine line and I am out of here now , I will leave you to it and your insulting , Have a good evening and smile , you never know it might cheer you up

:)

:confused::eek::D Your one crazy woman rosie :):D;) starting to like some of you now:)

Hey i am not crazy but I didn't say all people in Dublin are bad. Most are good its 1.5 m if it bad it would be hell.

Well I am sorry if I upset you or anyone. But it can annoy you the way how thing are. Its not that bad a place just somethings are not the way you want them to be.

Didn't upset me I could see you were just a bit confused, no worries.

But remember no matter were you go in this big world somethings are never the way you want them to be.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have never called anyone a culchie so be careful who you smear here now . You are threading a fine line and I am out of here now , I will leave you to it and your insulting , Have a good evening and smile , you never know it might cheer you up

:)

Well didn't mean to direct that at you, I was just giving an example that people here get slagged for being from the country

Anyways i am finished with this thread. people are taking it personally and i am sorry to offend them. bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

So when you ran out of smart thing sto say have a go at my spelling and grammer mistakes.

Nope. It was when you had a go at other people for their lack of education. And it's spelt grammar.
    Would you say that to Albert einstein and Leonardo da vinci who had dylexia too. Most of the world's geniuses had dylexia. What is that saying about your intelligence? pointing another person's dylexia

They didn't have the benefit of a spell checker.

And it's spelt dyslexia. And you haven't got it, dearest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement