Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

When this *censored* thing comes out you will all be switching to it I suspect.

edit: I made another thread about it - Google Music. Will try to only give public info so as not to breach beta agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I used to use Media Monkey on the PC for meta tagging and cover art etc., then drag and drop into a folder to use with whatever music app, DoubleTwist or Winamp.

Thanks - I have just downloaded Media Monkey and I like it - I didn't even have anything like this on my PC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Media Monkey is a great one for the PC. On my phone I use Winamp, and like it, but keep Tunewiki as well, which is handy for changing song info on the go, or pulling up lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Have been playing a good bit of Trial X (Trial Extreme) recently. It's a trials bike game, good fun but some levels can be a bit of a pain in the ar$e.

Cake Mania Celebrity Chef is worth a look too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

hi-256-0-6609e40f165222fe37e61890ede75dfff90406bb

Description
    This year Budweiser is making summer even better with the Budweiser Ice Cold Index App. You see, the hotter the day, the less you pay for your pint of Budweiser Ice Cold. All you need is this app and a little bit of sunshine. What better way to celebrate the Irish summer?
    Download the app to your Android handset. Check for daily Index weather readings and offers in your region. Then visit a participating pub to redeem your Budweiser Ice Cold voucher. Easy.
    There’s even a free pint bonus voucher to get you started, find it in the bonus tab. Nice.
    So remember, the hotter the day, the less you pay, all summer.
    Here’s what you can look forward to:
    • 16 or 17°C gets you €1 off your pint.
    • 18 or 19°C gets you €2 off your pint.
    • If it’s 20°C or more, your pint is free!
    Get ready for a better summer with Budweiser Ice Cold.

Vouchers are redeemable only within Republic of Ireland. Terms and Conditions apply.
    Enjoy Budweiser Ice Cold Sensibly. Visit www.drinkaware.ie.
    Over 18’s only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Couldn't pay me to drink Budweiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Anyone know of any golf apps, one that might have the rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Have been playing a good bit of Trial X (Trial Extreme) recently. It's a trials bike game, good fun but some levels can be a bit of a pain in the ar$e.

Cake Mania Celebrity Chef is worth a look too.

I played that for a bit then one or two of the levels wrecked me bulb cos I kept almost decapitating myself with abar and didnt have the patience to slow down haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I don't get the rockbox appeal. Just tried the 320x480 one and the interface is horrid. I get that it is going to be rough around the edges since it is still only in early development but still, I'd find it unusable in its current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

seanybiker wrote: »
    I played that for a bit then one or two of the levels wrecked me bulb cos I kept almost decapitating myself with abar and didnt have the patience to slow down haha.

It's the only game thats ever made me want to stamp on my phone (in a good way).

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hi, anyone help me.

Can't delete "Layar" from my phone.

The option doesn't come up if I try to delete it.

anyone know anything about this?

It's pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

jayteecork wrote: »
    Hi, anyone help me.

It's pissing me off.

Using whatever file explorer you have go to system/app. The layar.apk file should be in there. Just delete it and that should get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

jayteecork wrote: »
    Hi, anyone help me.

It's pissing me off.

Is it a pre-installed system app? I had Facebook on mine, never use it, but still notifies me of updates etc. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Using whatever file explorer you have go to system/app. The layar.apk file should be in there. Just delete it and that should get rid of it

That'll do it but your phone will need to be rooted and probably need a better file explorer like root explorer to be able to access the system folder.

I'm looking for a car dock app or something that will allow keep the screen from timing out while in the car. Anyone know of any?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    That'll do it but your phone will need to be rooted ande probably need a better file explorer like root explorer to be able to access the system folder.

I'm looking for a car dock app or something that will allow keep the screen from timing out while in the car. Anyone know of any?

I'm using Car Home. It was preinstalled with Cyanogenmod. Launches automatically with a bluetooth connection in the car and allows you to customise which apps to launch from it.

Edit/ it's free in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm using Car Home. It was preinstalled with Cyanogenmod. Launches automatically with a bluetooth connection in the car and allows you to customise which apps to launch from it.

Edit/ it's free in the market.

Mustn't be compatible with the Galaxy S, the install option is greyed out and it doesn't show in the market on my phone

Trying Car Home Ultra
    https://market.android.com/details?id=spinninghead.carhome&feature=search_result

Edit: Just to add that this app is exactly what I'm looking for. Its not free though, I have a months trial.

Maxthon web browser. Very similar to Miren(as in, almost identical). Just installed, I'll see how I get on with it.

Very attractive, WP7 style music player by the dev of launcher pro. Xda link. Currently in alpha and this version will stop working on the 15th at which point it may be for sale in the market. Try it while it is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Anyone know the best app to play SNES and/or sega roms?

Anyone know any decent apps to annotate/take notes/draw/highlight on pdfs?

Maxthon, wow give me sleipner any day :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Maxthon web browser. Very similar to Miren(as in, almost identical). Just installed, I'll see how I get on with it.

That's a blast from the past! I used to use their Windows browser years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I wish I didnt get bible apps for 90% of what I search for. Come on google put some of the things you learned in spam from search into the market ffs.

Very attractive, WP7 style music player by the dev of launcher pro. Xda link. Currently in alpha and this version will stop working on the 15th at which point it may be for sale in the market. Try it while it is free.
    Didn't want to pack out this thread so I put screenshots of the app in the "Post Your Screens" thread. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Could anyone recommend a good Android gallery app for viewing photos & videos??
    it
    The default Gallery app on my HTC WildfireS is a bit basic and cant edit the layout of the files!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Can anyone recommend a good calendar app? My two requirements are:

- Ability to sync with Google Calendars
    - Has a good alarm/reminder system similar to Symbian - i.e., big annoying pop-up that chimes and doesn't go away until you select Snooze or Stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Ardent wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good calendar app? My two requirements are:

- Ability to sync with Google Calendars
    - Has a good alarm/reminder system similar to Symbian - i.e., big annoying pop-up that chimes and doesn't go away until you select Snooze or Stop

Have you tried the built in calender app ?
    i have mine synched with my google calneder (under accounts in settings), and when i have an alarm on it, but i dont think it has full screen alarms, but i would say that thats a diff issue

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

it
    The default Gallery app on my HTC WildfireS is a bit basic and cant edit the layout of the files!

I find quick pic very good and fast too

it
    What do you mean by "edit the layout"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,498 ✭✭✭✭28064212

superfish wrote: »
    I find quick pic very good and fast too
    +1 on QuickPic, although not sure what you mean by edit the layout. You can sort the pictures by name or date (either direction), but I don't know of any app that lets you do more than that

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Evac HD

http://www.appbrain.com/app/evac-hd/net.hexage.evac.hd

costs €1.59 for full version but there is a lite version giving you first 7 levels for free. full version has 24 levels and they get progressively harder.

really addictive game. sort of based on pac-man but adds a lot to the genre - has puzzle and strategy elements thrown in. I don't like pac-man type games but this is fab. highly recommended.

HD version works fine on zte blade by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

What do you mean by "edit the layout"?

Like i want to be able to create my own folders and stuff within the Gallery itself and be able to change the viewing order of the pics and stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement