Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Pocket Penguins provides an intimate view into the California Academy of Science’s live African penguin exhibit.

Pocket Penguins

20mb though... yikes!! N1 don't be having room to keep this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Pocket Penguins provides an intimate view into the California Academy of Science’s live African penguin exhibit.

Pocket Penguins

This app is incompatible with your 3 ZTE-BLADE. :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭LaLucy

Are there any free apps that allow you to edit your pictures to have one splash of colour while the rest is black and white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Since the size limit for sending MMS is 300KB, which is crap, especially with the quality of phone pictures these days, I`m wondering if there`s an app that resizes picture, in order to get the quality?

LaLucy wrote: »
    Are there any free apps that allow you to edit your pictures to have one splash of colour while the rest is black and white?

camera 360 does it, but when taking the picture. not sure of apps like imgur as photo editor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

doesnt vignette do that as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

lewis wrote: »
    Since the size limit for sending MMS is 300KB, which is crap, especially with the quality of phone pictures these days, I`m wondering if there`s an app that resizes picture, in order to get the quality?

Does your messaging app not do this automatically ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

btw someone was asking about Counters

i use Traffic counter and Net Counter

Traffic counter keeps track of the Data/wife usage of every app

Ste- wrote: »

stock does not. I think chomp & go etc do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

So does the new Google Maps update make it similar to MapDroyd?

I'm updating it now as I haven't used GM since getting MapDroyd. I suppose I'll find out

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    stock does not. I think chomp & go etc do

Ah wasn't aware he was using stock.
    Handcent I know for sure does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

LaLucy wrote: »

i'm sure one of these must have that feature...

http://mashable.com/2010/05/16/android-photo-apps/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Dempsey wrote: »
    Pity these apps dont monitor the days from your last top up then tell you how much credit you have burnt on data after the 30 day period, i.e. overall data usage, amount of credit it has used & rate of spending credit on data per hour/day/week.

on the 3g watchdog app you can set the limit for a 30 day period...eg...I am on VF free calls and text with 250mb internet. So on the day I topup I set the limit to 250mb for the next 30 days?

Me on stock are ya mad, lol.

I`m using Handjob SMS, it does resize but when its received the quality is crap, cause of the 300KB limit, I thought if I could resize it before I put it into MMS the quality might still be there.

Me on stock are ya mad, lol.

I`m using Handjob SMS, it does resize but when its received the quality is crap, cause of the 300KB limit, I thought if I could resize it before I put it into MMS the quality might still be there.

Handjob SMS? :p

baz8080 wrote: »
    Handjob SMS? :p

Only lewis could say something like that!
    Try Go SMS see if the quality of the resized pic is better, reducing any pic to 300kb from 1 or 2 MB will look rubbish. This is why people tell you to use email!

Only lewis could say something like that!
    Try Go SMS see if the quality of the resized pic is better, reducing any pic to 300kb from 1 or 2 MB will look rubbish. This is why people tell you to use email!

Well you see the problem is`nt with me, it`s the older folk I know and they all don`t use or even have e-mail on there phones...old people..tut tut, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Well you see the problem is`nt with me, it`s the older folk I know and they all don`t use or even have e-mail on there phones...old people..tut tut, lol.

12 o clock flashers...

Control your pc from phone
    XBMC remote

^^both of these together are perfect for a HTPC, saves buying any other hardware.

XBMC remote is by far the most complete app i have seen so far. Pauses playback of a movie if it detects a call, displays caller on your tv with photo and resumes when call is ended. Also displays texts on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just to make Google Maps Navigation even better
    Today Google Maps added live traffic coverage for 13 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain and Switzerland. The new traffic information will automatically be available in Google Maps for Android, iOS, and mobile browsers.

With the addition of live traffic data, users in these countries will now also be able to be routed around traffic in Google Maps Navigation (Beta) to save precious minutes when possible.
    http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/07/live-traffic-information-for-13.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

bandit197 wrote: »
    12 o clock flashers...

Control your pc from phone
    XBMC remote

^^both of these together are perfect for a HTPC, saves buying any other hardware.

XBMC remote is by far the most complete app i have seen so far. Pauses playback of a movie if it detects a call, displays caller on your tv with photo and resumes when call is ended. Also displays texts on tv
    Well I've tried out this setup with my phone and i have to say its amazing,
    one of the best apps I have used in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Sorry if these have all been repeated in earlier threads... These are all (free) apps I have currently installed

ALARMDROID
    ANDEXPLORER / ASTRO
    ALBUM ART GRABBER
    ANGRY BIRDS LITE BETA
    APPBRAIN APP MARKET
    APPS ORGANISER
    BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER
    COMPASS
    CUBED
    CURRENCY CONVERTER
    DA TUNER
    DAFT MACHINE / ANDRO DAFT
    DATA COUNTER WIDGET
    DOLPHIN BROWSER HD
    EBUDDY
    FLASH PLAYER 10.1
    GOOGLE GOGGLES
    GOOGLE SKY MAP
    LASER REFLECTIONS
    LAUNCHER PRO
    MY TRACKS
    NEXUS TORCH
    RECORDOID DICTAPHONE
    SD WATCH
    SHAZAM
    SKYFIRE BROWSER
    SMS BACKUP
    SPEEDTEST.NET
    SPRINGPAD
    TRAFFIC STATS
    TRAEIN
    TRIPIT
    TWITTER OFFICIAL APP
    TUNEIN RADIO
    WEATHERBUG
    WIKIMOBILE / WAPEDIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Does anybody know of an alternative to the pretty impressive iphone app Word Lens?

cooperguy wrote: »
    Does anybody know of an alternative to the pretty impressive iphone app Word Lens?

Imagine if that was an x-ray app, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Never used it for translations but it says the app can.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.unveil&feature=search_result

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

paddyk wrote: »

With that though, it doesn't do instant translation. You take a picture with it, and it then scans the picture and attempts to translate it using google translate over an internet connection. The resulting text is then black text on white background, not in the original format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

Looks class. Apparently it's in planning for Android & WP7.

Seen this as an alternative, not supposed to be very good though.

Appbrain link
    CamTranslator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Keith186 wrote: »
    Looks class. Apparently it's in planning for Android & WP7.

Seen this as an alternative, not supposed to be very good though.

Appbrain link
    CamTranslator
    It does look very impressive doesnt it. I havent seen it work in person though. The video is obviously shot in pretty controlled conditions. Id like to see it running in real life (and with more languages than Spanish)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

So I want to be able to contact my friends around the world through text messages free.
    I use cabbage alot but that does not support texting to foreign countries!

Anybody know of another app i can use in the market ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement