Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Like i want to be able to create my own folders and stuff within the Gallery itself and be able to change the viewing order of the pics and stuff.
    QuickPic won't do that. Tbh, I doubt any gallery app will, they're typically only for viewing. A file explorer app would be able to create folders, and I think ES File Explorer allows images to use their thumbnail as the icon, but I don't know any app that would allow you to arbitrarily change the viewing order of pics, they'll always be sorted by date or name (or size at a stretch)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

28064212 wrote: »
    , they'll always be sorted by date or name (or size at a stretch)

That's the thing, the preset Gallery shows the pics from oldest to most recent. I want to be able to change it to most recent pics showing up first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Did anyone get game cih. I forgot to backup drag racing and had to start from scratch so used the game cih to give meself millions of coins and thousands of rp points lol. Supposedly works for a load of games. And its free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Anyone install an app called SPB Shell 3D app and get it working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Vanbis wrote: »

She`s a launcher and I had it a while ago, looks great at first but once you play with it, its boring and the lack of customisation on it as`nt for me.

• Advertisement

lewis wrote: »
    She`s a launcher and I had it a while ago, looks great at first but once you play with it, its boring and the lack of customisation on it as`nt for me.

Edit: I just thought I`d give where`s my droid app a go and its fairly good.
    I think apps like this are taken for granted cause people never think they`ll lose there phone, until they lose it, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Vanbis wrote: »
    Using it since release. I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Edit: I just thought I`d give where`s my droid app a go and its fairly good.
    I think apps like this are taken for granted cause people never think they`ll lose there phone, until they lose it, lol.

Pintail is another good one, it's free and doesn't need to be connected to the internet. You text your phone (with someone elses of course :rolleyes:)and it texts you back with a URL for google maps by opening the GPRS on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Is there an app that lets you send free mms messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Is there an app that lets you send free mms messages?

whatsapp or kakao talk will let you send media for free. once both people have it installed.Kakao Talk or Whatsapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is there any way or android app that I can assign a different ringtone to different family members. I have the ZTE Blade(San Francisco) running Swedish spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Is there any way or android app that I can assign a different ringtone to different family members. I have the ZTE Blade(San Francisco) running Swedish spring.

not sure, but on my phone if you go to the contact and hit the menu button, under options there is the option to assign a specific ring tone. Mine is stock 2.3.4, so might not be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I don't get that option when I hit the menu button:confused:. I have Android 2.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I know it's not the same phone but on mine (HTC Desire), when I pick a track in the Music player and hit menu-->set as ringtone it asks me if I want it as a 'phone ringtone' or a 'contact ringtone' or 'trim rintone'. Selecting 'contact ringtone' allows you assign the track/tone to a specific contact.
    Possibly could be a HTC Sense thing.

I don't get that option when I hit the menu button:confused:. I have Android 2.2.

Another way is if you long press the contact then edit, scroll down and you can set it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

Boooourns wrote: »
    Pintail is another good one, it's free and doesn't need to be connected to the internet. You text your phone (with someone elses of course :rolleyes:)and it texts you back with a URL for google maps by opening the GPRS on the phone.

Pintail doesn't work for me. Just sends me back saying that it cant find my location.:mad:

Raoul wrote: »
    Pintail doesn't work for me. Just sends me back saying that it cant find my location.:mad:

Have you tried wheres my droid?

Have you tried wheres my droid?

Does wheres my droid not just put your phone's sound on and then ring your phone? Whereas pintail gives you the location of your phone. So it would be helpful if it was stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I use Seekdroid, not free however.

Does wheres my droid not just put your phone's sound on and then ring your phone? Whereas pintail gives you the location of your phone. So it would be helpful if it was stolen

It tells you your location as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Very attractive, WP7 style music player by the dev of launcher pro. Xda link. Currently in alpha and this version will stop working on the 15th at which point it may be for sale in the market. Try it while it is free.
    App updated. Newest alpha valid until July 15th. Link.

With Where's my Droid, you text "wheres my droid" to turn on sound and start it to ring until you find it. If you you "GPS my droid", it'll text back its co-ordinates. (I think)

With Where's my Droid, you text "wheres my droid" to turn on sound and start it to ring until you find it. If you you "GPS my droid", it'll text back its co-ordinates. (I think)

Yeah that`s her...

You can change the both of them to what ever you like as long as the start is...wheres my droid, its not case sensitive either.

Yeah that`s her...

You can change the both of them to what ever you like as long as the start is...wheres my droid, its not case sensitive either.

Grrr... only works if gps is already enabled.

Grrr... only works if gps is already enabled.

What`s wrong with that?

I dont want to have my gps enabled all the time. Plus it would be better if the app automatically turned on the gps.

I dont want to have my gps enabled all the time. Plus it would be better if the app automatically turned on the gps.

Do you want it to read you a bedtime story as well, lol.

Leave the GPS on, it won`t do any harm.

Do you want it to read you a bedtime story as well, lol.

Leave the GPS on, it won`t do any harm.

Have another app to do that already! :confused:

The gps will run down the battery. Cant be dealing with any battery drain. :pac:

Have another app to do that already! :confused:

The gps will run down the battery. Cant be dealing with any battery drain. :pac:

Only if you use it.
    Mine`s on 24/7 yet I get just under 2 days of battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Plus it would be better if the app automatically turned on the gps.
    I don't think 3rd party apps can't turn on GPS. There is a setting in android to prevent it. Apps can only link to the settings for you to enable it yourself, so I imagine all GPS tracking apps are the same.
    I think it will only be turned on if an app requests it (opening maps for example). Or if weather is set to geolocation, even then, it is only for a few seconds every hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I don't think 3rd party apps can't turn on GPS. There is a setting in android to prevent it. Apps can only link to the settings for you to enable it yourself, so I imagine all GPS tracking apps are the same.

I think it will only be turned on if an app requests it (opening maps for example). Or if weather is set to geolocation, even then, it is only for a few seconds every hour or so.

Pintail opens up your GPS by itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement