Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

got onto 3 customer services (which were very helpful may i add) and they cleared up the whole €150 deposit
    the advance deposit is a scheme operated by 3 where applicants for 3’s Pay Monthly service who do not satisfy 3’s normal credit terms, may be offered the Pay Monthly Service, subject to making an advance payment.
    Hence, not all our customers are asked to pay the advance deposit to process the new order.

so can anyone remember what questions they were asked??

also that whole craic with people saying "they are getting €960 out of you" majority of phone companies charge €20 which in €480 after 2 years so i would be paying that anyway an extra €480 for loads of free texts and calls and a fantastic iphone is defo worth €960 over 2 years!!great investment!! cancelled my meteor contract on en route to get my iphone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 barron

It seems to be realy nice option if you wanna buy some smartphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Dick Burns wrote: »
    also that whole craic with people saying "they are getting €960 out of you" majority of phone companies charge €20 which in €480 after 2 years so i would be paying that anyway an extra €480 for loads of free texts and calls and a fantastic iphone is defo worth €960 over 2 years!!great investment!! cancelled my meteor contract on en route to get my iphone!!

In real terms they're only charging you €240 for the phone, you can get a SIM only 30 day rolling contract for €30 each month. So you're only paying 24mts*€10 for the phone since it's €40 each month with the iPhone included...although you do have the downside of being contract tied for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kissyfer

This may have been asked before, but what would be the deal with upgrading.There will no doubt be a new iphone soon will you be able to pay a fee and upgrade or will you be tied to the iphone for for the full 2 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Don't think you can upgrade mid-contract. You could if you wanted buy a phone on pay as you go at full price and then continue to use that on your contract. Be aware though that Three will not unlock the iPhone for you until your 24 months are up so if you were looking to sell on the phone, it would be only good if the buyer was going to use it on Three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i upgraded from 3gs to iphone 4 when i lost mine with the insurance company for 160 last year, so they might do something for a similar price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

How long does it take to get an answer as to if you are declined or succesfull in your application. I applied Tuesday online and sent off identity\bills this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

With the all u can eat data on this contract does this include using the iphone to tether to laptop for internet? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

With the all u can eat data on this contract does this include using the iphone to tether to laptop for internet? Anyone?

I eat most of my data via tethering, they don't specify how you eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Yes

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies. 24 mths contract is all thats holding me back at the minute. large precentage of life when u think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭pah

It'll be gone in a flash
    9 months into my 18 already

For basically a tenner a week and potentially nothing upfront it's a great deal

So i just ordered and got an instamail with my order number. 20 mins later i got a mail saying confirmed. I kinda expect to pay a deposit based on others post can anyone shed some light what happens next. I got a missed call almost immediately after placing the order.
    What exactly does confirmed mean here? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fermeen

Has anyone who took this deal got their first bill yet?
    Any surprises or comments?
    It expires tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

fermeen wrote: »
    Has anyone who took this deal got their first bill yet?
    Any surprises or comments?
    It expires tomorrow.

No surprises...

Not gone near my limit on it... Bill was 42.. And my next bill is @ €40.17 when due because i had to set up the voice mail..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

No surprises here either. There are so many apps available which keep me from going over my cap. Being able to use half he allowance for uk mobiles is a huge plus for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

My first bill was 41.07!

1e I'm getting back as they billed me when I had not got the phone!

I get the 2nd bill free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

wife is heading to the US with her phone this weekend, is there anything she should do with 3 to pre-empt any nasty charges?

data roaming is expensive at €5 per MB
    an iphone could use that in seconds.

I' stick to wifi for data

Actual rates here

Vodafone have a offer of an iphone 4 for €200 when you get 2500 cherry points.
    So thats €2700 in total. Decisions decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

holy moly, that is pricey. so she just needs to turn her data roaming off in network settings to avoid any risk of that?

yes that should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

No surprises...

Not gone near my limit on it... Bill was 42.. And my next bill is @ €40.17 when due because i had to set up the voice mail..

you should get the hullomail app for free voicemail;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

nightster1 wrote: »

I'm on to that now,

Cheers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

nightster1 wrote: »

Not exactly free.......Uses your flexi-units as a call, unless you have the free landline add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not exactly free.......Uses your flexi-units as a call, unless you have the free landline add-on.

That's not how it works. The sound file is sent to your phone and you listen to the recording. Minimal use of data, but no flexi-units.

This free offer is extended for the month of June now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I took this offer, first bill phone, very happy with the package I use the phone a lot and only got a bill of €41. Loads of minutes/texts left.

All you can eat data is very handy for browsing etc another thing not to worry about.

The phone itself is very good, great source of information on any interests you have. Football and Formula One are exceptional always in the know now!

Surprised I actually was accepted for this offer as I owe 10k and am a student but that didn't seem to be an issue for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Jimdagym wrote: »
    That's not how it works. The sound file is sent to your phone and you listen to the recording. Minimal use of data, but no flexi-units.
    It does use flexiunits, unless you have an unlimited landline add-on.
    You pay for the duration of the divert to the Hullomail service.

• Advertisement

Kensington wrote: »
    It does use flexiunits, unless you have an unlimited landline add-on.
    You pay for the duration of the divert to the Hullomail service.

Incorrect. Listen to it in-app and it's uses nothing. You must be calling the number on the text message notification.

Advertisement