Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... i had wi last night.. was so happy to be down 3.5lbs:D..
    so thats 1 stone and 5.5lbs since 1st of February..

best of luck to everyone else who has weight in...:D
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    5 weeks in .... I'm down 14lbs, yes, I'm down a full stone!!!!!:cool:

Great results this morning. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've realised that it's alcohol that's been slowing down my weight loss, so i'm going to give it us for lent, apart from a wedding i'm going to. Also, my birthday is easter monday so good celebrations will be had then. Hopefully that'll get me to goal and started on maintenance anyway. Can't actually afford to drink at the moment! Should be an interesting 40 days anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

hi all, well done for all losses!! starting fresh now with lent and everything. Think this will really help, happy with the old points system for the moment anyway, I think it just suits me better. Hopefully will get a loss with it too! Time will tell! Really motivated at the minute anyway, even though I'm soo full of pancakes :confused: can never stop when I should!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Redbride dont be disheartened, you've still lost 3.5lbs in 4 weeks, thats almost a pound a week which is brilliant! Are you doing any exercise? Cutting back on the bread and giving up the fizzy drinks will definitely help you with your goals so stick with it and you will get there :)

Thanks for the encouragement Pixie Girl. I go to three different classes in my gym a week, and the gym on two other days, so I'm definitely getting the exercise in. I never eat my activity points. I started Yoga this week too so that's a fourth class.

Going to up my intake of water and green tea, cut down on bread and cut out the fizzy drinks. That had better work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

RedBride wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement Pixie Girl. I go to three different classes in my gym a week, and the gym on two other days, so I'm definitely getting the exercise in. I never eat my activity points. I started Yoga this week too so that's a fourth class.

Going to up my intake of water and green tea, cut down on bread and cut out the fizzy drinks. That had better work!

Hey redbride...if your doing a lot of high intensity exercise you might need to be eating more.
    Might be worth considering eating a few of your activity points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey redbride...if your doing a lot of high intensity exercise you might need to be eating more.
    Might be worth considering eating a few of your activity points.

I had considered that. The classes I go to are more weight training than cardio exercise so I never know how many points I've earned. I usually don't even bother making up my activity points because I know I'm not going to use them anyway. I'll see how I get on in the morning at WI and make the adjustments then. My WW leader is beyond useless :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 arsieoc

Hey all, I'm a newbie but I'v been following you all for a while. Some amazing tips and recipes, it's been really helpful. I joined back ww for the 2nd time. 2years ago I lost 1 1/2 stone but put all that bar 1lb back on. I felt i was kinda struggling on this programme to be honest, weight loss so far

Week 1 -1/2lb (Was religious to the programme)
    Week 2 -1/12lb
    Week 3 +1/2lb
    Week 4 - 3lbs

Was ready to throw in the towel last night but 3lb weight loss spurred me on. I'm finding Propoints more difficult than the old programme as I feel that any slip is punished on the scales. I felt more in control and under less pressure under last system. Anyway Hi to everyone and sorry for the big long post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

ok after my wi tomorrow i'm going to try this plan ,,it's an updated version of the wendi plan and supposed to give your metabolism a kick start:rolleyes:

Pick any day for your Day 1. Just try to have at least 48 hours between day 3 and weigh-in. Then eat your points as follows:

Day 1: target +5 to 7 points
    Day 2: Target + 1 point
    Day 3: Target +15 to 20 points
    Day 4: Target points only
    Day 5: Target +4 to 5 points
    Day 6: Target +2 points
    Day 7: Target points only.

Target means your Daily Points.
    If you follow this exactly, you'll use 27 -35 of your 49 weekly points. So if you go a little off any one given day, you'll still remain within all your points for the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ashling85

hey guys this is my first post been readin it over the last couple of days decided to do ww at home since mon.
    completely new to ww and point counting.
    had baby six months ago so have a stone and a half to loose..any tips or advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

stock up on lowpoint 0point nibbles....so you ALWAYS have something to reach for.

and start building an archive of recipes....GTI did out a fantastic spread sheep of recipes....scroll back and find it, its and excel attachment. Fantastic Resource!

Are you doing it at home with the home kit on the irish site or the uk interactive site? Digital scales are a must for both the kitchen and the bathroom for keeping accurate track of your progress and portion control. Alot of posters here also track there inch loss. so that when they dont lose anything on the scales they can chech there measurements and find inch lost...

MAKE TIME FOR YOU! MAKE SURE YOUR HEALTHY LOW POINT FOODS GET ON THE SHOPPING LIST!

Dont skip meals :) Drink plenty of water :) When in doubt....come here and post :)

I'm really not into soups, but alot of people here have tonnes of great soup recipes

• Advertisement

4 Kallo wholegrain rice cakes - 3pp
    2 poached eggs (with yolk) - 4pp
    2 poached egg whites - 1pp
    diced red onion (for crunch)

mixed all the eggs and diced onion together in a bowl, and spooned it onto the four rice cakes! cooked in 10 mins. Very satisfying bread free lunch for 8pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ashling85

thanks lady lainy
    i love soup so i made the veg soup last night so am gonna try that for dinner this evenin..watch this space!!
    av the digital scales for the bathroom just one for the kitchen now!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Does anybody know how many points would be in an Avoca burger?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

ashling85 wrote: »
    thanks lady lainy
    i love soup so i made the veg soup last night so am gonna try that for dinner this evenin..watch this space!!
    av the digital scales for the bathroom just one for the kitchen now!

The butternut squash one is my personal favourite. Great way to get veg in to your diet too.
    Good luck with your weight loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

my WI was yesterday morning.....up 3 but kind of expected because i lost 6 the week before due to a tummy bug and i wasnt exactly on my best behaviour but lent is my new motivation to get bac on track....not out of religious views but purely habbit and tradition!!!

so yesterday i had one last blow out.....my friend and i called it our 'imaginary day'....because from the min we woke today, yesterday never happened!!! there was pancakes glaore eaten, icecream, mushroom vol-au-vonts with homemade deep fat fried chips, a chinise(2course) and a night out on the town (felt so old being out on a college night!!)

but today is my new day!!! been very good so far.....fat free vanilla activia yogurt for brekie(no time for cereal was in a rush n hungova!!) 2ryvita wit a small tin of tuna mixed wit light mayo and a bowl of 0pp homemade broc and cauliflower soup with light philadelphia thro it!!
    dinner after spinning wil prob be frm M&S count on us range reckon, wil be to tired to cook somting from scratch!!

since i joined in jan iv lost a total of only 11lbs so far but determined to be over 14lb down by the end of march!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just realised that giving up diet coke means giving up drinking as my choice of drink is diet coke and vodka. I might allow it for my drinking nights as I only drink every few weeks anyway, next week being one of them.

Similar to you I've been drinking a lot of diet coke lately to get through studying. So going to cut it out except for the 2 nights next week :rolleyes:

Eabha, I find slimline tonic great with vodka or gin, never drink anything else as a mixer nowadays. I think you actually drink slower and less (though that could be in my head!) and also it helps with recovery the next day also, you know what they say about clear drinks being better for your head/hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. :) Yes spoke to leader and she is useless tbh. We did it in work, and it was paid up front for the 8 weeks and was subsidised so had to go to her. Gave her my trackers, and she couldnt see anything wrong, told me cut down on bread but was still within my points. I have to say Id not been well for a week so didnt exercise and was easing myself back in. But in 8 weeks I LOST nothing.

I dont know what to do. A girl in work said she has gone back to the old way as pp wasnt working with her. But I think it would be confusing to go back to the old way.

I might go to a different class next week, and show them my trackers etc. And start again as if Im new, think that might help?Anyone have any recommendations for a good leader in Cork?? If so PM me please, as I dont think boards would like names named. Thanks.

I am sorry to hear you are struggling with the new propoints. Don't scream when you hear this but are you absolutely totally and utterly sure that you are putting everything down in the tracker and are calculating portions and points correctly. There was a lady at our meeting in a similar circumstance and last week it transpired that she was not calculating points on correct weights. The leader said there were similar teething problems with other people in other groups but most had resolved and were getting used to it. I am sure there are some it just doesn't suit but God, you'd be so unlucky if you were one of the few.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

hey guys jsut wondering can anyone help me point my lunch?
    I had beef bourginon made by a catering company out? I asked for a small portion of rice and it was defo not more than a 6 point portion but im not sure how to point the beef bourginon? I dont have an eating out guide yet so maybe it would be in that? it was a modest enough portion of the beef bourginon too not a huge restaurant size portion?
    im guessing maybe 5 for the beef and maybe 5 for the sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey, lost 4.5 lbs this week, had lost 4 last week, well done everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hey,

had a (planned) mini binge today, I had a bottle of odlam's pancake mix and made ......pancakes (sorry lady Lainy, I couldnt justify buying a 2kg bag of flower for a few pancakes)

so this is how I pointed my evening:

odlam's mix => 27PP :eek:
    low fat milk 500mls => 8PP
    Sugar Topping => 9PP
    Jam 1tsp => 1PP

WW Creamed Rice(Caramel Flavour) => 3PP

That's 48PP just this evening :confused:

Thankfully, my breaky(krispies, milk and Banana) and lunch(Soup and a ham salad) were only 8PP!!

So my day was 56PP, but my daily points are 49, so only went 7 over.

Not bad for a little binge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey, lost 4.5 lbs this week, had lost 4 last week, well done everybody!

well done!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    well done!

thanks! Hope the pancakes were as good as they sound. Am a real beleiver that you have to have a little binge every now and again, its about changing your lifestyle, ya still have to have a life!

kashmir wrote: »
    Eabha, I find slimline tonic great with vodka or gin, never drink anything else as a mixer nowadays. I think you actually drink slower and less (though that could be in my head!) and also it helps with recovery the next day also, you know what they say about clear drinks being better for your head/hangover.

Slimline lemonade/ diet lemonade, dash of lime and vodka ......... its amazing!

oh stop! i could totally do with having a drink! Smirnoff Lime vodka in 7up Free would go down so nicely right now!

This week is just dragging! Dont care what the scales say Saturday...just want it to be Saturday already and put this week behind me and start on a new slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Mighty Mac 13pp
    Cheese burger 10pp
    Smokey Bacon Burger 15pp
    Double Cheese Burger 14pp
    Regular Burger 6pp
    5oz Burger Bac&ch 16pp

Chicken Breast Sandwhich 13pp
    Chicken Burger 10pp
    Chicken D/S 7pp
    Chicken Breast 10pp
    Chicken Nuggets (6) 7pp

Choco muffin + Ice cream 14pp
    Blueberry '' '' 14pp

Reg Fries 9pp
    Reg Taco Fries 16pp
    Reg Garlic and cheese 20pp
    Reg Curry and cheese 12pp
    Reg Curry fries 10pp

Sausage portion (3) 9pp
    Onion Rings 8pp
    Cod and Chips 23pp
    Philly Steak sandwhich 12pp

Garlic Dip 12pp
    Curry Dip 2pp
    Burger Sauce 2pp
    Chicken burger sauce 2pp

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

So delighted i passed my driving test wohooo:D

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh stop! i could totally do with having a drink! Smirnoff Lime vodka in 7up Free would go down so nicely right now!

This week is just dragging! Dont care what the scales say Saturday...just want it to be Saturday already and put this week behind me and start on a new slate.

Oh go on have one! You deserve it! Not bad for 3 pp, exams over?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Down 2lbs this week, got another silver 7. Aiming to reach the stone by the end of the month. Really good class tonight, leader was giving out some nice low pointed healthy snacks. One I had never thought of was a packet of melba toast with phili spread topped with slices of juicy red apple for 3pp. Sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Down 2.5lbs, 1 more lb to 2 stone loss, hopefully will get it next week:)

• Advertisement

izzy24 wrote: »
    So delighted i passed my driving test wohooo:D

Fantastic! No Stopping you now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement