Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Fantastic! No Stopping you now!

Thanks a million everyone... It feels like a weights being lifted off my shoulders:D...

Was proud of myself cause normally after something like this it would be to celebrate by going to chipper for dinner but decided i would prefer it at wkend as i treat:p... Must be doing something right ha ha:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

boxoff wrote: »
    Oh go on have one! You deserve it! Not bad for 3 pp, exams over?

i had a packet of biscuits earlier...not a biscuit....A PACKET! Oi!

two more exams left...my brain can not multitask this week...all i can think about is these exams...everythings gone out the window this week...the house is a kip...washing and ironing is to the ceiling...books and notes everywhere...and i'm a sea of spots. Thank god i live out in the middle of no where....if i lived in a town...i would so be on the take outs big time this week..

Cant wait for friday night....feet up....thai green curry...bottle of 7 up free...and criminal minds and CSI (oooh i'm wild arent i) Have a big to do list for this weekend! Must make some bran muffins...also found a great recipe for lemon and poppy seed muffins...both recipes are are 4pp :)

DAY ONE: NO BREAD HAS PASSED MY LIPS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Gosh, after not being on for a day it has taken me AGES to read through everything! Well done everyone on your losses and lent resolutions. I am not giving up anything for lent, I can't deprive myself of anything otherwise I would want it too much and have a huge blowout.

WI tonight, down 1lb and got my 5th silver seven, delighted as I was very bold on Thurs and Fri and someone came back from the states in work and brought bags and bags of hersheys chocs and had about 10 of them yesterday. Must be the exercise and couch to 5k :)

Going to be really good and exercise every day this week and hopefully have a great result next week.

Got some great news today too so having a little drink and then off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

WI this evening and I put on half a pound.
    Sooooooo disappointed - I don't think I've ever exercised as much as I did this week , 4-5mile walks every day and climbed a mountain on sunday.

Gutted.
    :(

dammitj wrote: »
    WI this evening and I put on half a pound.
    Sooooooo disappointed - I don't think I've ever exercised as much as I did this week , 4-5mile walks every day and climbed a mountain on sunday.

Gutted.
    :(

I bet its just lean sexy muscle...which weights more than flabby fat. Dont worry too much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Had WI tonight and down another 2.5 lb well pleased :D second week in a row yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

eeekkk.....only eaten 18 points today (and earned 10 from spinning)and trying to cut out late night eating.....wot to do?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I bet its just lean sexy muscle...which weights more than flabby fat. Dont worry too much!

Really hope so. Only ten pounds from goal, it's getting tougher! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

Down 3 lbs last week, up 3 lbs this week........:(

Know where I went wrong, am doing lots of exercise ( 3 rounds of golf, 40 lengths of pool and a hot yoga session) but couldn't stop eating afterwards!!!!

However, new week so back on track again, will keep up the exercise but must control my trips to the fridge....it was the three bowls of cereal that started the slippery slope down hill, was too tired to cook!!

Any help appreciated

weigth loss since Jan have missed a few weeks with holidays and work (8 lbs in total)

+3 (holidays)
    +3

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

nautilus wrote: »
    Down 3 lbs last week, up 3 lbs this week........:(

Know where I went wrong, am doing lots of exercise ( 3 rounds of golf, 40 lengths of pool and a hot yoga session) but couldn't stop eating afterwards!!!!

However, new week so back on track again, will keep up the exercise but must control my trips to the fridge....it was the three bowls of cereal that started the slippery slope down hill, was too tired to cook!!

Any help appreciated

weigth loss since Jan have missed a few weeks with holidays and work (8 lbs in total)

+3 (holidays)
    +3

the best thing i find is not to eat any of my exercise points. i almost always have a banana after any serious exercise....0pp but still has good energy giving. always satisfies any hunger i get after exercise

• Advertisement

Was just looking on the tesco website....cos will be passing tesco on the way home from college....

Amoy Straight To Wok Singapore Noodles (Tesco.ie) come in a 300g pouch...the WHOLE pouch works out at 12pp....and thats serves 2 ppl!

Freaking awsome! Add a chicken breast (+4pp) , veg (+0pp) and a blue dragon stir fry sauce..chow mein/Lemon drizzel,Ginger & Garlic for like 2 - 3pp

Singapore noodle dinner for like 12 - 13pp perhaps....now that aint bad!

Amoy Udon Noodles 300G (tesco.ie) work out at 11pp for 300g (5pp per 150g serving)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Hey guys have to say I'm really loving this thread. Missed my wi in this week cuz I was away with work but reading through the posts is getting me back on track after totally falling off the wagon the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Izzy well done on passing ur test! It's such a great feeling isn't it?! I loved ripping off those stupid L plates!!

Mcb81, monife, newbee and irishfm well done on the weight losses!! Ye all did brilliant!! Keep it up :)

For anyone dissappointed keep the heads up and stick with it!

Lainey cheers for the tip about those noodles, going shopping 2m so am definitely gonna pick them up! I'm sick of boiled potatoes, rice and pasta... Will be nice for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

kashmir wrote: »
    I am sorry to hear you are struggling with the new propoints. Don't scream when you hear this but are you absolutely totally and utterly sure that you are putting everything down in the tracker and are calculating portions and points correctly. There was a lady at our meeting in a similar circumstance and last week it transpired that she was not calculating points on correct weights. The leader said there were similar teething problems with other people in other groups but most had resolved and were getting used to it. I am sure there are some it just doesn't suit but God, you'd be so unlucky if you were one of the few.
    You know what you mean, thanks for your reply.
    Yes I do think I was recording everything. There is probably one day a week when I am bad, but every other day an angel. And the ww book is constantly in my hand. ha. My family are sick of me taking their chocolate and crisp packets off them to work out the points!!

Im going to try my own thing this week and see if I am down next week. Im going to only have A carb every day. Like one slice of bread, or one potato etc. And my faince and I are off all take aways for lent too. And Im going off white bread.
    Was just looking on the tesco website....cos will be passing tesco on the way home from college....

Amoy Straight To Wok Singapore Noodles (Tesco.ie) come in a 300g pouch...the WHOLE pouch works out at 12pp....and thats serves 2 ppl!

Freaking awsome! Add a chicken breast (+4pp) , veg (+0pp) and a blue dragon stir fry sauce..chow mein/Lemon drizzel,Ginger & Garlic for like 2 - 3pp

Singapore noodle dinner for like 12 - 13pp perhaps....now that aint bad!

Amoy Udon Noodles 300G (tesco.ie) work out at 11pp for 300g (5pp per 150g serving)

I love noodles so thats great to know.

woo! my fellow corkonion! we'll be off the bread together!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i got noodles today in Dunnes pre cooked ones in the veg section and when i worked them out 100g were 2pp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

woo! my fellow corkonion! we'll be off the bread together!

LOL, ya we can help each other out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Monife wrote: »
    Gosh, after not being on for a day it has taken me AGES to read through everything! Well done everyone on your losses and lent resolutions. I am not giving up anything for lent, I can't deprive myself of anything otherwise I would want it too much and have a huge blowout.

WI tonight, down 1lb and got my 5th silver seven, delighted as I was very bold on Thurs and Fri and someone came back from the states in work and brought bags and bags of hersheys chocs and had about 10 of them yesterday. Must be the exercise and couch to 5k :)

Going to be really good and exercise every day this week and hopefully have a great result next week.

Got some great news today too so having a little drink and then off to bed.
    well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well, I completely fell off the wagon tonight. Had 4 points left after my dinner, but seeing as we didn't have time yesterday had pancakes tonight. I started off well, with splenda and lemon juice. Then I had one with maple syrup and raspberries, and the third I had with nutella. After that I had a curly wurly, all topped off with a bagel with low fat spread and jam tonight. My WI tomorrow should be interesting, crap finish to a crap week. Going to start afresh tomorrow and really try for next week. Had a lot of stuff going on this week and it was TOTM, so I'm going to blame all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well done to everyone who lost so far this week, and to those who didnt try and keep going, and maybe think about how you could 'up the ante' a bit?, I know I have!

In my class today the leader was discussing snacks versus picking. On a plate she had a tiny handful of doritos, a sliver of cheese, a tiny bit of brown bread and 2 milktray sweets. She then went on to discuss how we all can be guilty of picking as we say make the kids lunch, or as we make dinner etc, but do we actually track it?? That plate she showed us totalled 7 PP, and that could be 7PP we put in our mouths without realising or tracking!! And at least we generally will track our snacks... Her final words were 'if it goes on the smacker, put it on the tracker!'.

Anyway I lost 1.5 LBS, and was so happy I went to my meeting cos was seriously considering not going, Im now down 8.5 LBS and have lost my 5%, so am a happy camper!

I have decided I'm not giving up anything for lent, I am going to start up something, which is drinking more water, at least 3 litres!

Anyway lets hope we all have a good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

izzy24 wrote: »
    So delighted i passed my driving test wohooo:D

Woooo well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight! Everyone start praying that I have a loss. Desperately want to get to my stone tonight. Feel like it has been alluding me for the last three weeks :( If I don't get it, I think I'll cry :(

Just talking about snacks, I went to Tesco last night on the way home and was having a walk round, when I found Tesco branded S&V Rice Cakes! Only 1pp per cake. Wouldn't be a fan of Rice Cakes but thought I'd give them a whirl! OMG, they are DELISH! They could be my new favourite snack! Took all my willpower last night to just have one and not the entire packet! Nom Nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    WI tonight! Everyone start praying that I have a loss. Desperately want to get to my stone tonight. Feel like it has been alluding me for the last three weeks :( If I don't get it, I think I'll cry :(

Just talking about snacks, I went to Tesco last night on the way home and was having a walk round, when I found Tesco branded S&V Rice Cakes! Only 1pp per cake. Wouldn't be a fan of Rice Cakes but thought I'd give them a whirl! OMG, they are DELISH! They could be my new favourite snack! Took all my willpower last night to just have one and not the entire packet! Nom Nom!

Good luck with wi, I bet you'll do great! I must pick up a packet of rice cakes, I have the chocolate ones here,but not crazy about them.
    On a different note in our class yesterday the leader told us 'flakes' are only 4 pp, I thought that was good value for a chocolate fix! Anyway good luck tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

WI last night and was down .5lb :) so delighted cos I actually thought I would be up so yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

jackmax wrote: »
    WI last night and was down .5lb :) so delighted cos I actually thought I would be up so yay.

well done... U have lost loads the previous weeks so thats brilliant:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

I've yet to try it but have read rave reviews and IT'S FREE.. woo!

Cutting Up Spaghetti Squash Before Cooking

Advantages: It cooks faster.
    Disadvantages: Like any winter squash, hacking it up takes muscle and a sharp knife or cleaver. It's also a bit more work to scrape out the seeds and pulp when they are raw.

Method: Just get in there and cut it in half (lengthwise) or quarters. You don't want to cut it up too small unless you want short strands. Scrape out the seeds and pulp as you would with any squash or pumpkin. Bake rind side up about 30 to 40 minutes at 375 F.
    Microwave 6 to 8 minutes (let stand for a few minutes afterwards)
    Boil 20 minutes or so.

Separate strands by running a fork through in the "from stem to stern" direction. Cooking Spaghetti Squash Whole

Advantages: It's easier.
    Disadvantages: It takes longer to cook, and you need to watch out for burns when removing the pulp and seeds.

Method: Pierce the squash several times with a sharp knife. (Do this especially if you're microwaving it, or you may end up with a "Squash Explosion.")

Bake about an hour in the oven at 375 F.
    Microwave 10 to 12 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes or so afterward to finish steaming.
    Boil for half an hour or so.

When done, cut open "at the equator", remove seeds and pulp (I use tongs and an oven mitt -- it is HOT) and separate strands with a fork.

Did You Know? Any squash seeds can be roasted just like pumpkin seeds (pumpkin is a kind of squash). They are low-carb, nutritious, and delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Pancakes

Servings

Author Notes

These savory little Pancakes are great with a little salt, pepper, sour cream and even apple sauce for a side dish, appetizer or even breakfast dish. They remind me of potato pancakes, except without the starch.
    Ingredients

6 cups spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (click here for instructions)
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    sour cream and apple sauce for garnish
    Instructions

Serves 6-8 as a side dish or appetizer
    Add flour and cheese to the strands of the cooked spaghetti squash. Mix well, using a couple of forks.
    Depending on the flavor you wish, or your dietary preferences, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat or heat olive oil in skillet instead.
    Spoon 1/4 cup squash mixture into prepared skillet. With a fork, press to form an evenly thick cake. Repeat to fill skillet. Cook cakes until bottoms are lightly browned, turn over and brown second side. Continue until you've used all the squash mixture 9keep the cakes already made warm in an oven set at its lowest temperature until you are ready to serve). Use additional butter or oil as necessary for cooking. Sprinkle pancakes with salt and pepper and serve with sour cream and/or apple sauce.

Pesto Spaghetti with Mozzarella
    Servings

Author Notes

Who says pesto is only for pasta? Spaghetti squash provides a starch free alternative to traditional pastas.
    Ingredients

1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (click here for instructions)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3/4 cup pesto sauce (click here for recipe)
    4 ounces smoked or plain mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    Instructions

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add spaghetti squash. Using a couple of forks to lift, mix in pesto. Cook just long enough to heat through, mix in cheeses, heat until everything is well mixed and cheese is beginning to melt. Serve immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey all, just 'thumbsed up' a few posts to say well done!

Really disappointed to have put on 1.5lbs this week. :mad::(:confused: Even the leader knew by my face. Normally if I'm up I'll say yeah I deserve that I was really bad. But this week I wasn't and I done a bit more exercise than I had in a couple of weeks.

The next two and possibly three weekends are going to be a disaster...have so much on. And was hoping that last night would bring my a little bit closer to my 5th silver seven, which I wanted to loose by the end of the month. Ugh, this can be so frustrating.

Anyway...just had a bowl of porridge and I have a big bottle of water beside me. Fingers crossed there will be better results next week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

m'lady wrote: »
    Good luck with wi, I bet you'll do great! I must pick up a packet of rice cakes, I have the chocolate ones here,but not crazy about them.
    On a different note in our class yesterday the leader told us 'flakes' are only 4 pp, I thought that was good value for a chocolate fix! Anyway good luck tonight.

Oh yes, great value and pure chocolate, only problem I have is I always want more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Cadyboo wrote: »
    You know what you mean, thanks for your reply.
    Yes I do think I was recording everything. There is probably one day a week when I am bad, but every other day an angel. And the ww book is constantly in my hand. ha. My family are sick of me taking their chocolate and crisp packets off them to work out the points!!

Im going to try my own thing this week and see if I am down next week. Im going to only have A carb every day. Like one slice of bread, or one potato etc. And my faince and I are off all take aways for lent too. And Im going off white bread.

I love noodles so thats great to know.

Do you know, sometimes you can actually be "too good", hopefully it will just kick in and start working for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement