Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

tantipie wrote: »
    oh i thought it was less than all other rice!!does it just seem that way as it gives the info on cooked rice?

its a very clever marketing ploy....looking at it...it looks super healthy....but 60g of cooked rice is a tiny amount...thats like 25g dried...
    Kicking my self...i didnt have my calculator with me in the shop, and didnt see COOKED WEIGHT written on it till i got home....i only went and bought 2 bags....ah well....it'll still be used....:) for the price it cost...it better be damn nice! still doing my thai green curry saturday night....

i officially dont care about my weight in saturday morning....my cousin was let home after consultation other day...but she's just been rushed into south doc to get a referall to A&E....I AM TERRIFIED...she's like my sister...(my actual sister died 12 years ago)

****sorry I prob shouldnt have posted that here, just needed to vent....my silent way of screaming down the house****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ladyo1

Hello all,
    Thanks to all who post so regularly, I've learnt so much from all your ups and downs and words of wisdom. I'm hoping you can help me?
    I don't have a massive amount left to lose ( approx 20 lbs ) but my weight loss has been very erratic so far and I'm struggling to understand why.
    I have eaten between 28 and 30 points every day since I started, have never used my weeklies and do very little exercise due to a damaged back.
    My results are as follows:

week 1 - sts
    week 2 - minus 4.5
    week 3 - minus 2.5
    week 4 - sts
    week 5 - minus 3
    week 6 - plus 2!

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

So sorry to hear that Lainy, i really hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

aww lainy im sorry to hear about your cousin. hope she will be ok xx

la la la la changing the subject....i'm just thinking worse case sinario....cos i'm use to worse case sinario being my life

at least i'm still off the bread! so yeah...tilda rice has been exposed!
    Got the singapore and udon amoy noodles...they working out pretty good on points.... :) going to try the thar green curry with noodles

god i'd love to get a dvd, toffee popcorn and some ben&jerrys right now (thank feck i live back arse of no where....and i cant drive)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    la la la la changing the subject....i'm just thinking worse case sinario....cos i'm use to worse case sinario being my life

at least i'm still off the bread! so yeah...tilda rice has been exposed!
    Got the singapore and udon amoy noodles...they working out pretty good on points.... :) going to try the thar green curry with noodles

god i'd love to get a dvd, toffee popcorn and some ben&jerrys right now (thank feck i live back arse of no where....and i cant drive)

LOL .. I hear ya.. I'm SO glad I can't get to a shop this evening or I'd eat all round me! :rolleyes:

ladyo1 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Thanks to all who post so regularly, I've learnt so much from all your ups and downs and words of wisdom. I'm hoping you can help me?
    I don't have a massive amount left to lose ( approx 20 lbs ) but my weight loss has been very erratic so far and I'm struggling to understand why.
    I have eaten between 28 and 30 points every day since I started, have never used my weeklies and do very little exercise due to a damaged back.
    My results are as follows:

week 1 - sts
    week 2 - minus 4.5
    week 3 - minus 2.5
    week 4 - sts
    week 5 - minus 3
    week 6 - plus 2!

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance:D

What's your water intake like? It can really effect the scales..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I STS this week. Just back from WI with a very sad face indeed :(. And next week is going to be no better with a trip to Monaghan for a night out on Saturday and Paddys weekend next week. I have grounded to a halt with my weight loss. Ugghhhh

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    What's your water intake like? It can really effect the scales..
    Interestingly enough my fruit, veg and unprocessed food intake is high but I struggle with trying to drink enough water. Do you think that would make a big difference to weightloss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    I DID IT!!! i reached my goal weight as i lost a pound this week!! so happy!! ill get my gold card next week if im not up i think but i dont have to pay anymore woohoo!!!

WELL DONE Dubgirlww, it must be such a great feeling, I hope to be joining you shortly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

water does make a big difference, i had a few weeks going up or sts and then i started tracking my 2ls of water a day and lost 5.5lbs in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just back from pilates. Really enjoyed it, deffo going to go to as many classes as I can for the next few weeks.

Does anyone know the pp for porridge? I have these little individual packets of quick oats but theres no nutritional Info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Interestingly enough my fruit, veg and unprocessed food intake is high but I struggle with trying to drink enough water. Do you think that would make a big difference to weightloss?

Ladyo1 its so important to drink water, at least 2 litres a day and try not to drink too much before your weigh in. I feel it definitely helps with the weightloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

kildareash wrote: »
    Just back from pilates. Really enjoyed it, deffo going to go to as many classes as I can for the next few weeks.

Does anyone know the pp for porridge? I have these little individual packets of quick oats but theres no nutritional Info on it

1pp per 10g usually when made with water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I second the water...never really realised how important it was until I started drinking more. The weeks I
    Make a conscious effort to drink at least two litres a day, ive always had a bigget weight loss.

Thanks for that becky...just realised the weight isn't even on the packaging! Off to the weighing scales :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Definitely drinking 2-3L water a day will help your weight loss. You should try it and see does it help.

Lainy sorry to hear about your cousin. Hopes she gets better soon.

I wish I did live the back arse of no where it'd be so much easier to diet. I also am resenting living at home. My mum decided to use up the left over batter and of course I couldn't help myself. Had 2 pancakes. Also have eaten jelly babies and chocolate galore today. I've was just lacking energy and it's my TOTM and it's the first bad one in a LONG while. Have to get back on track tomorrow as I'm going away with college friends next week and only coming back the day of my WI. On the plus side I haven't had any diet coke really pleased I'm sticking to my lent :D

Well done dubgirl that's amazing!!

Sorry for my little rant :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Woohoo, I got my stone :D:D Had a loss of :D1.5lbs! So that's 14.5lbs gone in 9 weeks :D:D:D I actually can't believe it's only 9 weeks, I feel like I've been doing WW for ages! So happy though! No class next week tho because of Paddy's Day :(

Hope your cousin is ok, Lainy!

Thanks alot for all your responses and for the advice about upping my water intake. I'll certainly give it a go.

thanks everyone, sorry for being such a wet towel...i'm just wrecked...been on a LONG week...tiredness getting to me....my back is just screaming at me to sleep....can feel a huge knot in my left shoulder from being hunched over computer and books...Have got to clean off my desk at the weekend and start sitting at the desk again...i got the desk so i wouldnt be hurting my back hunching over coffee table....

just finished off the left overs of nutella on a few rice cakes! ah well C'est la vie...

Night all, going to look over notes one last time and get some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

OMG I'm aching already seriously proud of myself for doing that body combat class it's so much fun earned a whopping 16pp I've never sweated so much oh and I've managed to drink 5ltrs of water today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    I DID IT!!! i reached my goal weight as i lost a pound this week!! so happy!! ill get my gold card next week if im not up i think but i dont have to pay anymore woohoo!!!

had to go out with friends last night and needless to say drank far too much and ended up in chipper but only had the chips, even though their garlic and cheese ones looked divine!!

today will be hangover eat feast but out again tommorrow but know i have 3 extra points a day now so that helps a bit!!

well done everyone on their loses this week, and those who put on dont worry next week will be better just get back on track!!

Well done!! Fantastic news!! Delighted for you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lainy, hope you get good news about your cousin. Next week is a new week, so put the stresses of this week behind you & start again.

Everyone who had a loss (however small) well done & anyone who didn't do as well as hoped, keep at it. We can do it.

Eabha, good news on the diet coke - I haven't had any either. Although I am needing a midmorning snack now instead of it, so I'm trying to limit it to 2pps.

My daughter is 9 tomorrow & tonight we made chocolate rice krispie buns for the party. Ate the equivalent of one while we were making them & then another 2 for my supper. I hope they are 3pp each as I had 9pp left out of my dailies! Don't know how I am going to do tomorrow at the party with all the goodies. I find it so hard not to pick when it's all in front of me.

Maybe... it can make a big difference.. flushes out all the toxins etc.. and if you're not tracking it, there may be days when you might not be drinking enough... just a thought..

Thanks alot for all your responses and for the advice about upping my water intake. I'll certainly give it a go.
    If you struggle.. try mixing in some fruit juice to give it a taste.. I use the pineapple juice I strain from the tins and add a little when I get bored of water.. its good to mix it up a little.. sugar free cordial is good too.. whatever you can do to trick yourself into drinking it.. leave some bottle about too.. I always drink a pint of water while the kettle boils in the evening.. and there's one in the car ... and at work... if you've got it close to hand you're more likely to drink up! :)

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Maybe... it can make a big difference.. flushes out all the toxins etc.. and if you're not tracking it, there may be days when you might not be drinking enough... just a thought..
    Thanks again SkinnyDoll. I will make sure to track and drink 2 lt a day and let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

lil kc wrote: »
    I STS this week. Just back from WI with a very sad face indeed :(. And next week is going to be no better with a trip to Monaghan for a night out on Saturday and Paddys weekend next week. I have grounded to a halt with my weight loss. Ugghhhh
    ........im back with a:)and a:rolleyes:!!!! last 2 weeks i was good,stuck to pps and didn't use all my 49s_this week,i wasn't as good,TOM this comin weekend,ate dailies,weeklies and more and i was down 2.5lbs!!!! yipee!! .5lb more to 2nd silver 7! Leader said it was prob good weeks kickin in.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Well I've just spent the last 20 mins reading up on everyones posts. Dubgirl, well done - delighted you made goal. Great news. Lainy, hope everything is ok.

As some of you know, i had a really good week point wise and i also had that tummy bug, so i was expecting a good loss. I lost 4lbs - that brings my total to 16.5lbs in 8 weeks. I was delighted. I am off the wagon tonight, but back on track tomorrow with a vengeance.

Well done to everyone, no matter how slow its going off, its still going in the right direction. I've only ever lost 1.5 a week max before this, so it was a shock to me, but a nice one of course :P My leader told me i have to be careful this week to make sure i don't put on the weight i lost during the bug. I'm going to exercise a lot and try limit the alcohol. Hopefully another strong week - good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Eabhabear wrote: »

I wish I did live the back arse of no where it'd be so much easier to diet. I also am resenting living at home. :o

I know how u feel its so hard when your not in control of the food thats being bought and cooked around you! Ive had to make a very big conscious effort to buy my own food(and lable it otherwise my dad and bro wil eat it without even thinking) and cookin all my own separate food. Its a balls though if i come home shattered from work,dont feel like cooking myself and see that theyre after having something that normally i would devour!!so hard to resist!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Danii86 wrote: »
    I know how u feel its so hard when your not in control of the food thats being bought and cooked around you! Ive had to make a very big conscious effort to buy my own food(and lable it otherwise my dad and bro wil eat it without even thinking) and cookin all my own separate food. Its a balls though if i come home shattered from work,dont feel like cooking myself and see that theyre after having something that normally i would devour!!so hard to resist!!!

I do generally buy my own foods and cook my own main meals and my parents have been very supportive of that (money wise). It's just when they bring home packet of biscuits or boxes of chocolates or cook something that I really can't resist the smell of that makes it so difficult at times. I know how you feel about cooking after a long day. In those cases I'd get a Dr. Okter Hawaii pizza on the way home and have half of it for dinner with some salad. Or I'd have something quick to prepare like an omelette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So WI this morning & I'm down 1.5 lbs :D delighted as it's TOTM I've felt ****ty all week & I could feel myself last night thinking ' right if I don't have a good loss tomorrow I'm going to go mad' silly I know but this week I've found it really hard, due to lack of energy & just zero motivation.

That said I did stay within my points all week & made myself go out for walks & come home & cook proper food no matter how tired! Don't get me wrong I dipped into weeklies for some Choc & icepops nearly every evening!

Kildareash thanks for the app tip re rate my fitness I love it & I realise my standard walk is actuall 4.5km now & I do that 5-6 times per week so am delighted!

I have zero food in so have to go do big shops in Aldi, Lidl, dunnes etc stack up on lots of veg to keep me on track.

On the weightless being slow for some, I'd definitely echo the others water is essential & I think Kashmir posted this but I agree whole heartily you can be too good on this plan. For me the weeks I lost most were when I ate all my dailies & all or most of my weeklies. Exercise is critical too as is a good mix of different foods. I try to vary my foods as much as possible over a 2 wk period so I don't get bored & I give my self one (usually 2) treats per day. This keeps me sane & doesn't make me feel deprived or too much on a diet & so far this has meant since I started I've had no major binge blowout days & I'm glad about that! I'm sure it'll come soon enough but for me I'm glad not just yet!!

Onwards & downwards ladies 12 lb gone since I started & I'm now 2lb away from my next mini goal which is to get to first stone gone! & 12st 7lbs :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement