Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Im giving up takeaways for lent!! I get it at least once a week and I'm a devil for getting chipper after a night out and I go out most weekends so that's twice nearly every week! Wish me luck! Gonna be soooo hard :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Layla0509 wrote: »
    I've made a szhechuan noodle veggie thingy for lunch on day no.1 of no bread :) hope it's nice

yeah i have a few things i need to stock up on,

i've been reading about a load of ye having Singapore noodles....what kinda portion/pp do they work out as? was so stuffed from the pancakes with the kids today at lunch, couldnt even have dinner....so amazingly im within my dailies :O might be the only good day i have all week LMAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey layla, could I have the recipe for that?

It's a blue dragon sachet but I chucked loadsa extra veggies into it it's basically
    65g blue dragon fine egg noodle (nest)
    Choice of veg (carrot, pepper, mushroom, mange-tout, spring onion, tomato)
    Blue dragon spicy szhechuan tomato sachet (serves 2 I used half)

Dry fry all the veggies add half the sauce cook for a min the add the cooked noodles and diced tomato (I tasted it but found it wasn't overly spicy but I love spicy so I added some chilli flakes for a lil punch)

I let it cool in a tub & it's now in the fridge ready to go for tomorrows lunch :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    yeah i have a few things i need to stock up on,

i've been reading about a load of ye having Singapore noodles....what kinda portion/pp do they work out as? was so stuffed from the pancakes with the kids today at lunch, couldnt even have dinner....so amazingly im within my dailies :O might be the only good day i have all week LMAO!

A take away portion works out at 14pp and is huge
    I find it so hard to make myself have tried quite a few times but it never turns out right it's my fav dish I always order it even if we're out I'd get it :)

If anyone knows a recipe for it I'd love it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

It's a blue dragon sachet but I chucked loadsa extra veggies into it it's basically

Dry fry all the veggies add half the sauce cook for a min the add the cooked noodles and diced tomato (I tasted it but found it wasn't overly spicy but I love spicy so I added some chilli flakes for a lil punch)

I let it cool in a tub & it's now in the fridge ready to go for tomorrows lunch :)[/QUOTE

that sounds lovely,thanks a million for that, is the sauce low in pp? I'm guessing it is. think I'll do that tomorrow for dinner! thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had a very bad week, am due to go for wi in the morning but am seriously thinking of skipping a week, I've tracked,ate into a lot of my weeklys, and I just know I haven't lost anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

I find it so hard to make myself have tried quite a few times but it never turns out right it's my fav dish I always order it even if we're out I'd get it :)

Super healthy Singapore noodles.
    Serves 4

ingredients
    3 nests medium noodles
    2 tbls oil
    100g brocalli
    1 red pepper sliced
    85g baby corn
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1 red chilli deseeded chopped
    thumb sized peice of Ginger, peeled, finely chopped
    2 skinless chicken breasts chopped
    100g prawns
    1 heaped tbsp madras curry paste
    2 tsp soy sauce
    100g bean sprouts
    15g fresh chopped corriander
    4 spring onions shredded
    lime wedges

1. Cook noodles according to package. Leave to side.
    2. Stir-fry all veg in half the oil except for beansprouts and onions with the garlic, Ginger and chillis intill softened
    3. Set aside veg on a plate and cook the chicken and prawns in the rest of the oil intill just cooked and set aside
    4. Add curry paste to wok and fry for a few seconds then add 150mls water and soy sauce
    5. Allow to bubble then add the drained cooked noodles and bean sprouts and toss together to coat
    6. Return the chicken, prawns and veg to wok with the coriander and onions. Toss well over the heat and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over!!

It's very yummy! Not exactly as nice asy local take away but very simple! Haven't pointed it yet but estimating 12ppts.
    Enjoy! X

m'lady wrote: »

I let it cool in a tub & it's now in the fridge ready to go for tomorrows lunch :)[/QUOTE

that sounds lovely,thanks a million for that, is the sauce low in pp? I'm guessing it is. think I'll do that tomorrow for dinner! thanks again

Yeah it's only 2pp for the pk so 1pp for half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

hey....just an idea? Anyone wanna start like a lent challenge (this is what they don on the uk ww site....challenge groups)

I'm up for this! Going to give up fizzy drinks and nutella (I love it)
    hmmm the only "bread" like thing i'll let my self keep is the pizza base in the ww pizzas! those pizza's are life savers! so yummy and point friendly and i REALLY like them!

They are so nice, I'm having a Chicken BBQ one for dinner tonight with low fat coleslaw - can't wait :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I made homemade beefburgers and BNS chips for dinner last night - om nom nom!

Cooked the burgers on a raised grill and the fat that came out was ridiculous, it actually made me feel ill! Definitely investing in a george foreman!!

Pointed the burgers at 8, the BNS chips were free! Yay! Such a yummy and filling dinner for so little ppts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Lost just half a pound this week but I wasn't really on my best behaviour! I'm happy enough that I wasn't up.
    The funny thing is that is has sort of pushed me and motivated me into getting back on track for next week.

Well done everyone who has lost this week, and "chin up" to those who haven't. We all have bad weeks but I try not to let a bad week ruin the potential of a good week! (famous last words!! :D)
    Good luck everyone..x

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone... i had wi last night.. was so happy to be down 3.5lbs:D..
    so thats 1 stone and 5.5lbs since 1st of February..

best of luck to everyone else who has weight in...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone i just checked my email and i have one from supermacs with nutritional info so will point everything later and put it on the board:D... cant wait i love supermacs...

I have my driving test today:( please cross everything for me really hope to pass today...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i made about 40 pancakes yesterday,,spent half the day standing over the frying pan,,and proud to say i had...NONE. i knew if i had 1 it would lead to 2 then god only knows where it would have stopped.instead i chopped up a pineapple ,sprinkled with cinnamon and popped under the grill,,yummy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

5 weeks in .... I'm down 14lbs, yes, I'm down a full stone!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    oh well done that's great

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone i just checked my email and i have one from supermacs with nutritional info so will point everything later and put it on the board:D... cant wait i love supermacs...

I have my driving test today:( please cross everything for me really hope to pass today...

Best Of Luck!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

ate my weight in pancakes!! aghhhhh
    thought I was being good with all the fruit in them....but added nutella then more nutella..etc you get the picture!! think I'll give up nutella for lent, its gonna be tough!!
    anyway WI in tonight, think I'll just let this week go pretend it never happened and start again tmr, I missed last weeks too but had been really good so hopefully will just sts, fingers crossed. We all have bad weeks, its life really, just so hard when your routine is disrupted, but its a learing game!
    good luck with all the mid week weighins and well done on the losses...oh and thanks for the spreadsheet!

I emailed them ages ago and they never feckin emailed me back!! Cant wait to see what points are in a large chicken burger meal & a portion of curry sauce!! I always get that after a night out (well not anymore cos giving up takeaways for lent!!) but will be interesting to see!!

Best of luck in your driving test, fingers crossed for you :)

That is absolutely brilliant!! Fair play to you!!! U must be feeling great! Delighted for you, keep up the good work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

I'm not having a good few days weight wise. Have stuck to my points, including eating (or drinking!) my weeklies as usual and I just know I won't have lost anything at WI tomorrow. I've resigned myself to that fact so a STS would be a bonus I think. I don't think I can face a gain. This is my fourth week and I've only lost weight every second week. Talk about slow :mad: I've 3.5lbs off and have another 6.5lbs to go to my WW goal but would love 4lbs more on top of that off.

This week I've been eating pretty much the same as last week but am feeling far more bloated. I'm trying to think of anything I did differently this week and I've realised I've eaten more bread this week. Hence the bloating. So the bread has to be cut back on (could never give it up) and I'm off fizzy drinks for Lent. Hopefully I won't fall off the wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

best of luck with your driving test Izzy :)

Im going to give up crisps for lent Lainy. I really want some now though lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Will be very interested in Supermacs...we live right across the road from one and it's way too convenient. Even a couple of nights last week we had a craving for ice-cream at about half 10 and we just popped over for one! Ridiculous! :mad:

Best of luck with the driving test!

Woohoo! Well done, that's fantastic result in five weeks!

@LadyLainy...I could never give up bread completely...but it's not my biggest vice.
    However, myself and the OH have agreed to give up takeaways for lent. We need to start saving money too, and I reckon we will save a fortune! He's also taking up walking which is great coz it means I'll probably do more now too.
    And there are free* pilates classes every nght during lent in my local town, so I'm going to go to a few of these too.
    *You have to make a donation to a very worthy local charity. Still way cheaper than joining a class.

RedBride wrote: »
    I'm not having a good few days weight wise. Have stuck to my points, including eating (or drinking!) my weeklies as usual and I just know I won't have lost anything at WI tomorrow. I've resigned myself to that fact so a STS would be a bonus I think. I don't think I can face a gain. This is my fourth week and I've only lost weight every second week. Talk about slow :mad: I've 3.5lbs off and have another 6.5lbs to go to my WW goal but would love 4lbs more on top of that off.

This week I've been eating pretty much the same as last week but am feeling far more bloated. I'm trying to think of anything I did differently this week and I've realised I've eaten more bread this week. Hence the bloating. So the bread has to be cut back on (could never give it up) and I'm off fizzy drinks for Lent. Hopefully I won't fall off the wagon.

Redbride dont be disheartened, you've still lost 3.5lbs in 4 weeks, thats almost a pound a week which is brilliant! Are you doing any exercise? Cutting back on the bread and giving up the fizzy drinks will definitely help you with your goals so stick with it and you will get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kildareash wrote: »
    Will be very interested in Supermacs...we live right across the road from one and it's way too convenient. Even a couple of nights last week we had a craving for ice-cream at about half 10 and we just popped over for one! Ridiculous! :mad:

Best of luck with the driving test!

Woohoo! Well done, that's fantastic result in five weeks!

@LadyLainy...I could never give up bread completely...but it's not my biggest vice.
    However, myself and the OH have agreed to give up takeaways for lent. We need to start saving money too, and I reckon we will save a fortune! He's also taking up walking which is great coz it means I'll probably do more now too.
    And there are free* pilates classes every nght during lent in my local town, so I'm going to go to a few of these too.
    *You have to make a donation to a very worthy local charity. Still way cheaper than joining a class.

wow thats great that ye're both getting into things...makes the whole process more enjoyable...less of a chore! I'd love to be down at least another half stone before I finish college! Hopefully the bread thing will help me along!

Anyone got topping ideas of rice cakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

My favouritist takeaway ever - Singapore Rice Noodles! I used to get Singapore Chow Mein but the lady in the chinese, who knows me years, reckons the rice noodles are less fattening and they use less oil in the dish so I made the switch. I ask them to add lots of chili to give it a bit of an edge. I never really know how many points to give it though. Rubadub has me terrified of Chinese takeaways - if I asked, he would sure say it's about 30 points.
    :(

kildareash wrote: »
    However, myself and the OH have agreed to give up takeaways for lent.

SNAP! We can keep each other posted on how we are getting on! Its gonna be tough but I am DETERMINED to do it! You can keep me on the straight and narrow :D

wow thats great that ye're both getting into things...makes the whole process more enjoyable...less of a chore! I'd love to be down at least another half stone before I finish college! Hopefully the bread thing will help me along!

I just had nutella on one the other day...was ok. Not a big fan of rice cakes tho.

He was very overweight himself a few years ago, but then he was seriously ill and dropped from 17stone to under 10 stone :eek:
    I showed nurses in the hospital pictures of him just a few months before he got sick and they didn't recognise him.
    He's the worst for eating right though, he's so lazy it's unbelievable. As a result the weight is starting to creep back up and he's just at 13stone now...which he can carry, but he can't let it get out of hand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I used to work with a girl who put laughing cow on rice cakes every day for lunch. I never tasted it but they can't be too bad if she ate them every day!

I got the Snack-a-jacks packet of large rice cakes - the caramel flavoured ones are really nice - are they really just 1pp?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Honey can be nice, but maybe not on the salted ones! spreadable cheese or cheese slice, thats what i have sometimes anyway.:)

• Advertisement

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    SNAP! We can keep each other posted on how we are getting on! Its gonna be tough but I am DETERMINED to do it! You can keep me on the straight and narrow :D

Haha...it'll be more like the other way round!
    It's the easy option, but I usually end up regretting it afterwards because I just pig out and end up feeling crap afterwards. Never stops me the next time tho!
    Good luck...look forward to hearing how well you're doing ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement