Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kashmir wrote: »
    Oh yes, great value and pure chocolate,
    I see them as bad value, money wise, its just the same chocolate in a dairy milk bar but a smaller portion for the same price. Same with malteasers, aero, wispas, etc they are just puffed up with air.

It might help people to visualise a "normal portion" though, but you could just buy mini bars, like those pure dairy milk freddo bars meant for kids, sometimes those mini kids bars are actually cheaper per 100g than regular dairy milk, getting the kids spending their money on chocolate in the hope they will eat the grown up version when adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

dammitj wrote: »
    WI this evening and I put on half a pound.
    Sooooooo disappointed - I don't think I've ever exercised as much as I did this week , 4-5mile walks every day and climbed a mountain on sunday.

Gutted.
    :(
    aww sorry to hear that but dont worry id say your just building muscle so its heavier, it will even out and youll be down loads next week just dont get disheartened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

I DID IT!!! i reached my goal weight as i lost a pound this week!! so happy!! ill get my gold card next week if im not up i think but i dont have to pay anymore woohoo!!!

had to go out with friends last night and needless to say drank far too much and ended up in chipper but only had the chips, even though their garlic and cheese ones looked divine!!

today will be hangover eat feast but out again tommorrow but know i have 3 extra points a day now so that helps a bit!!

well done everyone on their loses this week, and those who put on dont worry next week will be better just get back on track!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    I DID IT!!! i reached my goal weight as i lost a pound this week!! so happy!! ill get my gold card next week if im not up i think but i dont have to pay anymore woohoo!!!

Congratulations on getting to goal. Eat those extra 3 points wisely to make sure you get your gold card.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey all, just 'thumbsed up' a few posts to say well done!

Really disappointed to have put on 1.5lbs this week. :mad::(:confused: Even the leader knew by my face. Normally if I'm up I'll say yeah I deserve that I was really bad. But this week I wasn't and I done a bit more exercise than I had in a couple of weeks.

The next two and possibly three weekends are going to be a disaster...have so much on. And was hoping that last night would bring my a little bit closer to my 5th silver seven, which I wanted to loose by the end of the month. Ugh, this can be so frustrating.

Anyway...just had a bowl of porridge and I have a big bottle of water beside me. Fingers crossed there will be better results next week :rolleyes:

No to worry Kildareash - I always find that my body weight changes so much throughout the day/week - I try to drink loads of water but if I drink too much on my WI day I end up being UP on the scales !!! :rolleyes:
    Don't let it ruin the possibility of a good week next week.
    Scrap it and move on!
    Best of luck.

Well done DubgirlWW. Those chips were well deserved! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

aww sorry to hear that but dont worry id say your just building muscle so its heavier, it will even out and youll be down loads next week just dont get disheartened!!

Well done lady congrats x all the hard work paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

kashmir wrote: »
    Do you know, sometimes you can actually be "too good", hopefully it will just kick in and start working for you.

Yes Im thinking now after re reading some of the posts here that maybe I was not eating enough. Thanks again. Will let you know how I get on next week anyway. Off for my walk in a bit!! Hope I dont get blown away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

had to go out with friends last night and needless to say drank far too much and ended up in chipper but only had the chips, even though their garlic and cheese ones looked divine!!

today will be hangover eat feast but out again tommorrow but know i have 3 extra points a day now so that helps a bit!!

well done everyone on their loses this week, and those who put on dont worry next week will be better just get back on track!!

That's great news, well done. Think you have to maintain for 3-4 weeks (not sure exact number) before you get your gold card but you don't have to pay. Then once you stay within 5lb of your goal weight and weigh in twice a year you'll never have to pay....I usually try and weigh in every week though and still go to meetings every 2nd or 3rd week as it keeps me on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I DID IT!!! i reached my goal weight as i lost a pound this week!! so happy!!

Woohoo! Congratulations Dubsgirl, absolutely delighted for you and beside myself with jealousy!
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    No to worry Kildareash - I always find that my body weight changes so much throughout the day/week - I try to drink loads of water but if I drink too much on my WI day I end up being UP on the scales !!! :rolleyes:
    Don't let it ruin the possibility of a good week next week.
    Scrap it and move on!
    Best of luck.

I'm not going to let it put me off, I have had a couple of really good weeks. Just would like to know what I did wrong last week so I can avoid it!
    But actually think now I might be retaining water because my rings are a little tighter on me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

I had a chicken ceasar salad for lunch from the local bar it had no bacon would anyone have any idea how many points may be in that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 anneo

irishfm wrote: »
    I had a chicken ceasar salad for lunch from the local bar it had no bacon would anyone have any idea how many points may be in that :eek:

I'd say to quess how much chicken and point that, and add points for dressing seperate, everything else should be free. Im not much help but u say the amount of chicken etc. By the way I would love that salad right now :) !

Also I would love someone to tell me whats my target/goal. I asked my leader and she showed me the book where the targets are BMI between 20 and 25, but which one...... All i wanted to know is when is it going to be free :p, I know my goal weight in my head but how about the computer????
    Please Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

irishfm wrote: »

I second what anneo said but don't forget to point the parmesan cheese and croutons (if there was any).
    Also I would love someone to tell me whats my target/goal. I asked my leader and she showed me the book where the targets are BMI between 20 and 25, but which one...... All i wanted to know is when is it going to be free tongue.gif, I know my goal weight in my head but how about the computer????
    Please Help!

That's really bad of your leader. When you registered or when your leader puts your card into her system it should calculate your goal weight. Our leader wrote it at the top of all of our white cards.
    A goal weight in your head is all well and good but WW will keep charging you until you reach the goal weight in the computer so she will have to tell you.
    It actually really annoys me when leaders are not helpful - we flippin' pay them enough!! :mad:
    Anyway - sorry - rant over ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

anneo wrote: »
    Also I would love someone to tell me whats my target/goal. I asked my leader and she showed me the book where the targets are BMI between 20 and 25, but which one...... All i wanted to know is when is it going to be free :p, I know my goal weight in my head but how about the computer????
    Please Help!

Actually I've never been told mine either - I reckoned it was cos I had soo much to loose she didn't want to dishearten me :rolleyes: - but like you I'd like to know after 8mths when is it going to be free. WI tonight so maybe I'll ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

That is FANTASTIC news. Well done. Think someone else said it you have to maintain for 4 weeks before you get your card. From talking to other gold carriers in my class, they come fairly regular, just to keep a hand in and its free so why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Starting the lesmills body combat tonight have been doing Zumba with my sis and she seen this and heard it's good anyone tried it what's it like?

Thanks guys, WI tonight too and going to ask again......she wil prob think im mad.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Up 2lbs this week. Really annoyed with myself. I knew what was going to happen when I ate all the crap I did.

Really going to try and get back on track for next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

up half a pound and i'm ok with that,,will track every morsel this week and see if that makes a difference,,if i don't get to goal soon i'm gonna crack up,,but really have to stop panicking when i see 10 stone 1 on the scales,,a few months back same scales said 12 st 7,,have to keep reminding myself of how far i've come,,well done to everyone on the losses and chin up to us who gained,,we'll get there:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Just had a yummy chicken and veg stir fry flavoured with garlic, pinch of salt and used Schwarts mixed spice thing for chicken. Yum Yum. Weigh in at 7, dreading it after 2 weeks since last weigh in. I will be happy if I sts but as I have had my dinner before it rather than after this week and a week of not tracking last week, an increase is inevitable me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hmmmm just bought some of that Tilda White & Wholegrain rice (bright blue bag) ri

its 2pp PER 60g of COOKED RICE!

you gotta REALLY carefull when pointing rice.....point the DRIED weight..

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hmmmm just bought some of that Tilda White & Wholegrain rice (bright blue bag) ri

i priced this today nearly €4 a bag,,how much is it in dried weight do you know?

tantipie wrote: »
    i priced this today nearly €4 a bag,,how much is it in dried weight do you know?

same as every other rice....1pp per 10g (dried) roughly

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 35 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Try these delectable - yet guilt-free - fries for the perfect on-the-run snack...

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, one-second sprays, or enough to coat baking sheet
    2 portion(s) (large) Potatoes, Old, Raw, red or white, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
    1 pinch Salt, or to taste
    65 g Cheese, Cheddar, Half Fat, grated
    1/2 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 400ºF / 200ºC / Gas Mark 6. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and fork-tender, about 40 minutes. Move potatoes so that they are close together on baking sheet; top with cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes more.

same as every other rice....1pp per 10g (dried) roughly
    oh i thought it was less than all other rice!!does it just seem that way as it gives the info on cooked rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Eeek only spotted that now! *sigh* twas too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

eefums wrote: »
    any takers? have annoyed people saying i cant eat my points :(

I don't eat all my points either.. I've got a lot to lose and my leader has told me to eat sensibly as the amount I've got is just too mucj.. especially when I love fruit and its free.. no junk food means I"m feeling better, more energy etc.. its more about a healthy diet and not binge eating for me.. just go with it and every 7lbs you should come down a point .. that's when it will get tricky! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

OH WELL WELL DONE. THAT IS JUST THE BEST FEELING EVER.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Congrats!! Here's to not paying and hitting goal!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

gragirl wrote: »
    Actually I've never been told mine either - I reckoned it was cos I had soo much to loose she didn't want to dishearten me :rolleyes: - but like you I'd like to know after 8mths when is it going to be free. WI tonight so maybe I'll ask!

Yeah my leader said she wont tell me my goal yet as I would get disheartened because i was over 18 stone when I joined, she told me to focus on mini goals. I had a sneaky look at the screen though, and saw that it was 9stone 9lbs, I am currently 15stone 9.5lbs so seems like a looong looong way so trying to forget about it and focus on mini goals. Cant even imagine what 9 and a half stone would look on me ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement