Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Your probably right but where is the fun in that ?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Did some testing today. Recorded BBC 1 HD, BBC HD and Five HD. All recorded fine , however, when looking at dtt stations during recording there was significant pixelation, stuttering etc. I definitely think now that it is nova t usb stick and limitaions of the box to record numerous hd channels and decode from usb tuner at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Guys has anyone had issues with sound disappearing when changing channels? Currently I have to put the box in and out of standby to get it back. Have it fed via HDMI into a denon amp using Black Hole image.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Gipo3, this test really answers all the questions.
    My DTT dropped like a rock....
    All DTT channels went black....

I think your onto something.

D

Update - Did a VIx Update (60 odd packages)
    Restarted and recorded 3 x HD Sat and rte1 and rte2 on DTT and all were fine.
    Its either up aand down or there was something in the updates.

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Did some testing today. Recorded BBC 1 HD, BBC HD and Five HD. All recorded fine , however, when looking at dtt stations during recording there was significant pixelation, stuttering etc. I definitely think now that it is nova t usb stick and limitaions of the box to record numerous hd channels and decode from usb tuner at same time.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tony wrote: »
    Guys has anyone had issues with sound disappearing when changing channels? Currently I have to put the box in and out of standby to get it back. Have it fed via HDMI into a denon amp using Black Hole image.

Hm, I can't say I've had that problem. Maybe it's a BlackHole issue? I've never used that image - I've only used OpenPLi and VIX myself.

Meanwhile, my Nova-T Basic stick arrived today, and is working fine. I've not bothered extreme recording yet but will try soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

two tuners set to 28.2, how do i set it to record one while i watch another. it keeps changing the channel as i watch to start a recording and displaying a message saying its switched to the recording service.

why cant i initialise my hard drive as well, its keeps falling.

i formatted it via device manger and that's worked fine but it wont initialise.

irishgeo wrote: »
    two tuners set to 28.2, how do i set it to record one while i watch another. it keeps changing the channel as i watch to start a recording and displaying a message saying its switched to the recording service.

Are you looping through one tuner to the other or 2 cables to the dish.
    Is dish fixed to 28.2

D

byte

In Tuner Config for Tuner B, have you it set to "Equal to.. Tuner A"? As this implies to the software that you only have one IF input.

If you've it set to Equal To, change it to Simple, Mode to Single, and Satellite ot 28.2E.

dfdream wrote: »
    Are you looping through one tuner to the other or 2 cables to the dish.
    Is dish fixed to 28.2

D

2 cables to the dish. fixed at 28.2
    byte wrote: »
    In Tuner Config for Tuner B, have you it set to "Equal to.. Tuner A"? As this implies to the software that you only have one IF input.

If you've it set to Equal To, change it to Simple, Mode to Single, and Satellite ot 28.2E.

tuner A = Simple - Single - 28.2E - DiSEqC = no
    Tuner B = Simple - Single - 28.2E - DiSEqC = no

• Advertisement
    byte

2 cables to the dish. fixed at 28.2

tuner A = Simple - Single - 28.2E - DiSEqC = no
    That's odd so, as it doesn't happen to me (in my case, if I'm recording from 28.2E, and wish to wactch something else, the motorised dish on Tuner A is moved to 28E)

I wonder if one of the tuners isn't receiving signal? I'm just throwing it out there, probably wrong tho! :)

As for not being able to initialise HDD, that's another strange one.

Hopefull irishchris or somebody similarly savvy will come to your aid soon!

byte wrote: »
    That's odd so, as it doesn't happen to me (in my case, if I'm recording from 28.2E, and wish to wactch something else, the motorised dish on Tuner A is moved to 28E)

I wonder if one of the tuners isn't receiving signal? I'm just throwing it out there, probably wrong tho! :)

As for not being able to initialise HDD, that's another strange one.

Hopefull irishchris or somebody similarly savvy will come to your aid soon!

i disabled tuner A and i still got all my channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

why cant i initialise my hard drive as well, its keeps falling.

i formatted it via device manger and that's worked fine but it wont initialise.

there does seem to be an issue with certain drives been initialised lately. particularly drives 1tb and above. without more details is hard to get solution but often those whom had problems with this with vix and with dreamelite images flashed with original image to initialise the disk and reflashed with a backup copy of vix image

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Hi dnme, Maybe you could be convinced not to make a job lot of it, and you might sell the Nova-T separately? Or at least give us a heads-up when you're going to post on Adverts?
    I've had the Duo since May, and agree that you need nerves of steel, and an understanding missus, but I'd hate to go back to my Sky+ box (although I've come close once or twice).

dnme wrote: »
    Guys, I've bit the bullet and crossed the picket line. Last night I did a deal with sky, entertainment pack, knowledge pack and HD for 32.50 per month.

I don't drink or smoke and this will be my only vice. So rather than messing around with plugins, dodgy usb devices, bugs and endless hours on forums trying to get stuff to work, the sky box will just do it all in one tidy unit.

I'm gonna sell my duo and the nova-t as a lot soon on adverts and try and get back to just watching TV, not constantly trying to fix it.

Forgive me lord, for I know not what I've done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

if i set up tuners A and B in this config., is it necessary to scan both or will one do it.

Tuner A = Simple - Single - 28.2E - DiSEqC = no

stanley1 wrote: »
    if i set up tuners A and B in this config., is it necessary to scan both or will one do it.

Tuner A = Simple - Single - 28.2E - DiSEqC = no

you only need to scan one as it will create the same.

Chris did you hear any word back from your contact in Sundtek about availability.

Ta

D
    irishchris wrote: »
    you only need to scan one as it will create the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Tony, I have a similar setup to yourself. I use the vix 2.03 image with no sound problems.

irishchris wrote: »
    there does seem to be an issue with certain drives been initialised lately. particularly drives 1tb and above. without more details is hard to get solution but often those whom had problems with this with vix and with dreamelite images flashed with original image to initialise the disk and reflashed with a backup copy of vix image

its a 1 TB western digital, ill try restoring the default image and see.

givecredit wrote: »
    Tony, I have a similar setup to yourself. I use the vix 2.03 image with no sound problems.

Thanks for that. I've changed to the optical output and it seems to be ok for now. Another issue i've notced is the picture in picture box appearing every night just before midnight, I've deactivated it but it keeps popping up, weird one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Another issue i've notced is the picture in picture box appearing every night just before midnight, I've deactivated it but it keeps popping up, weird one.

I've never seen that, what times have you got epg update set for?

Have you done anything with USB DTT? I'm curious as I'm on BH here too, using a cheap tuner from Peats. It works well within limitations, ie record one DTT service, watch any other, or record two, but you have to stay on the service which started recording last.

I'm wondering is it a hardware limitation of the tuner I have, or a limitation of the driver (AverMedia A850).

dfdream wrote: »
    Chris did you hear any word back from your contact in Sundtek about availability.

Ta

D

sorry mate just contacting them now on skype. will reply once get response from them today hopefully ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

rurs wrote: »

I'm wondering is it a hardware limitation of the tuner I have, or a limitation of the driver (AverMedia A850).

Have same tuner in a dreambox. Works a dream. Can record all the Irish dtt channels at same time and watch satellite channl at same time.
    Must be a driver issue..

Thought it might be that and have epg update set for 3.00 am , have a NOVA T which i'm going to try out soon, just need to install an aerial first.

rurs wrote: »
    I've never seen that, what times have you got epg update set for?

Have you done anything with USB DTT? I'm curious as I'm on BH here too, using a cheap tuner from Peats. It works well within limitations, ie record one DTT service, watch any other, or record two, but you have to stay on the service which started recording last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just wondering if the drivers for Avermedia Volar Black HD DVB-T (AverMedia A850) are in the pipeline, irishchris?? Ta.

gambiaman wrote: »
    Just wondering if the drivers for Avermedia Volar Black HD DVB-T (AverMedia A850) are in the pipeline, irishchris?? Ta.

was looked at for this release but was bit of prob with it so one for future release

byte

My Nova-T doesn't seem to work for more than 45 minutes, after which I get Tune Failed errors.

Rebooting is now not fixing the issue. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kkeating

Hey lads have a vu duo for sale only two weeks old has a 500 gig hard drive installed all setup for sly. I love it wife hates it. She can't get her head around the epg and I just keep getting sly is way better had a barney and was made to put the elk box back in. Offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kkeating

stanley1 wrote: »

Thanks mate done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement