Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

dfdream wrote: »
    All

Is www.world-of-satellite.com down.

Ive nothing here anyway.

D

Hopefully :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

All

Is www.world-of-satellite.com down.

Ive nothing here anyway.

D

nope, fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Don't know whether Sundtek have stock in or not. But two have appeared on an auction on ebay from the same seller. They are marked as used.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190511325466&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:IE:1123

The first one sold for €71 http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190509334684&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:IE:1123

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Another vu+ duo user to add to the list:)
    Haven't actually got the coax cable in yet to wire up the sat but I have saorview coming in from three rock using this receiver that i picked up on ebay from hong kong for a few euro a good while back. This is using the af9015 driver on the latest black hole image. Just wondering would this work on VIX? Or could the black hole driver be used on VIX?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Lads...

Can anyone help me on network sharing?

I can't get my Vu+ to recognise any shared folders or files on my Windows PC.

I'm running Windows 7Pro, with a whole HDD shared. Other PC's can see it.

In NetworkBrowser, the Vu can see the PC IP, but won't go anyfurther.

I'm sure it worked before in the days of OpenPLi, but damned if I can figure out what to do now. Since it worked before, Windows 7 was reinstaled on a new PC, and of course, I now use VIX, not OpenPLi, but rules shouldn't be too differrent...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Doesn't work on Vix, I've tried a similar generic tuner.

Wait and see if AverMedia A850 support is added, as this is the same chipset.

Whether the Black Hole driver couuld be ported to Vix, I don't know, someone with more knowledge of enigma2 might be able to help....
    trogdor wrote: »
    Another vu+ duo user to add to the list:)
    Haven't actually got the coax cable in yet to wire up the sat but I have saorview coming in from three rock using this receiver that i picked up on ebay from hong kong for a few euro a good while back. This is using the af9015 driver on the latest black hole image. Just wondering would this work on VIX? Or could the black hole driver be used on VIX?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Hi guys I have a Dreambox 7000s and was considering buying this box as a replacement. How do you guys find it and I also have a few questions. the thread is so long now and Im sure there are changes every week with software updates and what not. So here it goes.

Is there a 7day EPG plugin available for channels on 28 degrees and other like 13degres and 19 degrees and is there one like the current sKy epg on a sky box?

Can this box be used to view DTT with a USB Doggle and if so can it be combined in the same channel list?

Which is the best usb doggle to use and when used with the vu-duo will it support all the channels including Rte 2HD ?

I thinking of buying this one http://www.ielektroniks.com/vu-duo.html from this site as recommened in an eariler post but does it have a hard drive or if not how difficult is it to install yourself?

It been linux based does it work similar to a dreambox?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

The Bull wrote: »
    Hi guys I have a Dreambox 7000s and was considering buying this box as a replacement. How do you guys find it and I also have a few questions. the thread is so long now and Im sure there are changes every week with software updates and what not. So here it goes.

Is there a 7day EPG plugin available for channels on 28 degrees and other like 13degres and 19 degrees and is there one like the current sKy epg on a sky box?

Can this box be used to view DTT with a USB Doggle and if so can it be combined in the same channel list?

Which is the best usb doggle to use and when used with the vu-duo will it support all the channels including Rte 2HD ?

I thinking of buying this one http://www.ielektroniks.com/vu-duo.html from this site as recommened in an eariler post but does it have a hard drive or if not how difficult is it to install yourself?

Thanks in advance
    There is plugins available for full 7 day epg on 13, 19 and 28 which look similar to sky. Yes you can view dtt and combine it with your sat list.
    I'll leave the usb dongle recomending to some one else, I dont use one

You will have to install a harddrive, tis very easy, a few screws to take the top off and it only goes into one place. No experience needed believe me
    It works the same as a dreambox

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

3 or 4 (Rytec, SatmateUK, Open TV and direct download on other sats.)

Yes. Any Way you like.

Nova-T (various results for irish users), Sundtek Pro (best results for irish users) and others depending on the image, all i have seen on forum have rte2hd.

Dont know that vendor but Easy to fit HDD yourself if its not good value and its really a must have for recording and image backup.

Exactly the same (images vary a little on how they look and work and some drivers vary from linux box to box but they are basically the same).

Thanks in advance

Nova-T (various results for irish users), Sundtek Pro (best results for irish users) and others depending on the image, all i have seen on forum have rte2hd.

Thanks in advance

I seen this one on the same site im thinking of buying the vu+ from, has anyone used this one with the vu+ or is it suitable ? http://www.ielektroniks.com/tv-digital/receptores-tdt/wintv-ministick-hd-hauppauge.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

What is the current version of Vix for the VU+ Duo? Is it 2.0 or 2.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I seen this one on the same site im thinking of buying the vu+ from, has anyone used this one with the vu+ or is it suitable ? http://www.ielektroniks.com/tv-digital/receptores-tdt/wintv-ministick-hd-hauppauge.html

That one you've linked to is also known as the Nova T - and results have been varied. I have one myself and the channels often go blocky, even though I'm a stone's throw from 3 rock and have a powered antenna.

I'd recommend you go for the sundtek one that is linked on the page before this in the thread - a little more expensive, but people have had consistently good experiences with it.

I bought my vu+ from the store you've linked to and I was happy with them. There are discount codes sprinkled through this thread.

I'm just back in the loop, my box arrived back today. Trying to install VIX 2.0 now. I am all over the shop, Network keeps dying. Was there a fix for the network issues?

What version of Vix are we on? 2.0 or 2.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

dnme wrote: »
    What is the current version of Vix for the VU+ Duo? Is it 2.0 or 2.1?

2.0 but I'd reckon 2.1 will be out soon..2.1 is out for the CT.

How did ye solve the network issues?

I am running software update but its seems stuck on "file" "removing".

As an installation experience, this is dog rough! as bad as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm just back in the loop, my box arrived back today. Trying to install VIX 2.0 now. I am all over the shop, Network keeps dying. Was there a fix for the network issues?

What version of Vix are we on? 2.0 or 2.1?

the fix for the network issues is to add a dns server in the network settings on duo, I.e open dns or your isp's dns.

Trying to install cam, copied cam file to /tmp via ftp. When I go to vix menu - ipk installer and select cam file, I hit yes to install and it says

opkg_conf_init could not lock usr/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable.

Anyone else had this? any fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Trying to install cam, copied cam file to /tmp via ftp. When I go to vix menu - ipk installer and select cam file, I hit yes to install and it says

opkg_conf_init could not lock usr/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable.

Anyone else had this? any fix?

telnet into box. enter the following command
    ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

irishchris wrote: »
    telnet into box. enter the following command
    ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

sorted.

Latest problem Filezilla client is causing my network to drop. I can connect to the box. list directories, but as soon as I copy a file, box loses network, filezilla stops working, have to restart6 box and router.

Anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

sorted.

Latest problem Filezilla client is causing my network to drop. I can connect to the box. list directories, but as soon as I copy a file, box loses network, filezilla stops working, have to restart6 box and router.

Anyone any advice?

for telnet install PUTTYtel and for ftp install winscp

• Advertisement
    byte

I've had to change my USB drive. However, I can't seem to get the box to recognise the new USB drive?

If I go to Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialisation, I can see the old drive still listed there.

I need to somehow remove the old one still named, and add a new drive?

Under VIX > Devices Manager, only the Samsung HDD is listed.

EDIT: Gah, a simple reboot fixed it... D'oh!

edanto wrote: »
    That one you've linked to is also known as the Nova T - and results have been varied. I have one myself and the channels often go blocky, even though I'm a stone's throw from 3 rock and have a powered antenna.

I'd recommend you go for the sundtek one that is linked on the page before this in the thread - a little more expensive, but people have had consistently good experiences with it.

I bought my vu+ from the store you've linked to and I was happy with them. There are discount codes sprinkled through this thread.

Went ahead and bought the VU+ from here, Used the code as well so saved a few pounds, Looking forward to the trials not of getting it up and running. I went ahead and got the usb for the DTT and a 1tb hard drive. Hopefully it wont take too long to get here from spain. How bout the rest of you who got a vu from them in spain, did it take long to get here?

Seems to take forever...5 working days from the day they shipped it for me, plus a weekend in between. I'd guess you should have yours Tuesday/Wednesday next week. They use GLS. Definitely worth the wait, though:)
    Went ahead and bought the VU+ from here, Used the code as well so saved a few pounds, Looking forward to the trials not of getting it up and running. I went ahead and got the usb for the DTT and a 1tb hard drive. Hopefully it wont take too long to get here from spain. How bout the rest of you who got a vu from them in spain, did it take long to get here?

Takes about a week :(

On my box, the volume control has no effect apart from on or off. Is this to do with Vix 2.0? Is there a fix?

Mnay thanks

On my box, the volume control has no effect apart from on or off. Is this to do with Vix 2.0? Is there a fix?

Mnay thanks

To solve my own problem, AC3 Downmix set to Yes under
    Menu - Setup - System - AV Settings.

Folks

On my old sky box, I could look at a signal test and it would show me Signal Strength and Signal Quality. On the VU+ Duo, it shows SNR and AGC. Can anyone explain these to me as in how they related to the Sky display and what would be consider good readings?

Many thanks as always

byte

Has anyone experiencing audio problems with MKV video files?

It seems to play the MKV fine (file is on local HDD), but no audio.

Guys I need help.

I have been trying to setup my VU+ Duo with Vix 2.0 for 24 hours now. It keeps crashing to the green screen on me. Everytime I do something, I run into new problems.

Tonight I added a HDD. The box sees it, then doesn't see it then crashes. I have just now restarted again. Clean install of Vix 2.0. Ran a channel scan and right at the end it crashed again. It's actually a bit sickening. I'm terrified to touch it at this stage.

Can anyone post a quick guide as to the order in which to do stuff during a fresh install? I have a Win-T usb key for DTT and two satellite tuner cables plugged in.

Any help at this stage would be so appreciated. Is it me or is this very unstable software?

EDIT: Also I notice, I have HDD installed, Devices Manager sees it ok, as soon as I plug in a USB pen drive, Devices Manager no longer sees the HDD. Mother of god

• Advertisement

Is the audio in DTS format? I don't think this is supported in base firmware.
    byte wrote: »
    Has anyone experiencing audio problems with MKV video files?

It seems to play the MKV fine (file is on local HDD), but no audio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement