Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

irish pride vita kids bread is on offer at the mo 97cent and 1 slice is 2pp and 2 slices is 4pp which makes a change as a lot of bread goes to 5pp when you double them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Naid23 wrote: »
    Would anybody have any idea how many PP's it would be for a thai Massaman curry? Went to thailand last year and fell in love with the food and love cooking it at home.

Thai food tends to be kinda high. i think its cos they use alot of nuts

Starters ProPoints values
    Gange Chud Woon Sen – Thai Noodle Soup 8
    Glass Noodle Soup 8
    Goong Sateh – Prawn Satay 8
    Hoi Tord – Mussels with Coriander and Bean Sprouts 5
    Ka-Nom-Jeeb – Thai Dumpling (each) 1
    Keau-Krob –Fried Won-Ton (each) 2
    Popia Tod- Fried Spring Roll (each) 4
    Red Radish Soup 2
    Watercress and Beansprouts 0

Mains ProPoints values
    Gai Pad Hed Sod – Chicken with Mushrooms 12
    Gai Pad Med Ma-Muang- Chicken with Cashews 15
    Pahd Pak Namman Hoi - Stir Fried Vegetables in Oyster Sauce 11
    Ped Makham - Duck with Tamarind and Honey 20
    Priaw Wahn Moo – Sweet and Sour Pork 13
    Priaw Wahn Goong – Sweet and Sour Prawns 11
    Priaw Wahn Gai – Sweet and Sour Chicken 12
    Priaw Wahn Nuer – Sweet and Sour Beef 15
    Priaw Wahn Pla – Sweet and Sour Fish 11
    Kuaytio Pad Thai - Fried Noodles 20
    Pahd See Lew Gai - Stir Fried Rice Noodles with Chicken 15

Average ethnic restaurant rice portion 12

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

oh made the breakfast muffins on sunday,,they didnt last 2 mins in my house the kids loved them:Dfinglasgal1 that's where i'm going to:rolleyes:

tantipie wrote: »
    oh made the breakfast muffins on sunday,,they didnt last 2 mins in my house the kids loved them:Dfinglasgal1 that's where i'm going to:rolleyes:

Its great that the kids like them too! No reason the whole family cant eat healthy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

closifer wrote: »
    Any other ideas??

2 Finger kit kat = 3PP
    Meanies crisps = 2PP
    Velvet crunch = 2PP
    Manhatten multi pack popcorn = 2PP
    Birds eye waffles (nom) = 2PP per waffle
    Digestive biccie = 2PP (bit too high imo though as I would eat like 4 at least)
    Twister ice pop = 2PP
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thai food tends to be kinda high. i think its cos they use alot of nuts

Mains ProPoints values

Gai Pad Med Ma-Muang- Chicken with Cashews 15

Average ethnic restaurant rice portion 12

Nooooo, is it really 15. The WW purple book says chicken and cashew nuts is 9PP. Had that last nite and pointed it at that, there were only bou 8 (max) cashews. I put 14PP for the rice (it was only about 100g maybe a lil bit more) so hopefully that balanced out... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

tantipie wrote: »

You going to Berlin??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Molly1

I joined WW two weeks ago, I have been overweight all my life and just seemed to be gaining weight as the time went on. I was in WW years ago, but gave up. But I rejoined and the first week I lost 5.5 lbs, and then last week much to my dismay I gained half a pound, after what I thought was a good week, it was my TOTM and after reading some of your posts I had drank a coffee and half a litre of water... I really want to lose weight and ww work for me. I have another WI on Thurs at lunchtime, maybe I won't drink fluid at all that morning, what do you think? thanks for your help. And well done everyone on your weightloss, your all an inspiration.

another question... is a banana a day too much do you think?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

No Molly I think you're ok with that as long as it's within your 5 a day all should be okay. As you're vegetarian I think it's important you get as good a mix of nutrients & vitamins from as many plant sources as possible so if a banana a day helps you then by all means go ahead (others may differ of course!)

One thing I'd say to you is try not to White carb load, I found when I did WW about 10 yrs ago when I was veggie that I was using lots of my points on White bread, pasta, White rice, noodles, spuds etc to try use up my points (of course I ate veggies but they were all low or no point!) it really slowed up my weightloss & led me to get bored eating the same things & well as I said before I then switched it up by introducing fish & now I eat meat as well.

You probably already do but switch to wholegrain where possible and be sure to eat some nuts, tofu & avocados as well yes they contain fats but theyre good fats & are great for skin, nails hair etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi Molly,

No a banana a day is fine! I have one every day for my tea break at work :D and so far I've lost 11lbs in four weeks! ;)

• Advertisement

Well done ShoeLover that's great!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all.

Are the weeklies really optional? My leader said we should try to eat them every week so I have been.
    Hmmmm.
    Also I exercise but I don't count the exercise points as I'm afraid I won't do it right. That's what I did last year and I'm sticking to it.

The lower fat rich tea biccies are nice with a cuppa and are only a point each.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Our leader says that the weeklies are there as a backup. With the old plan, people used to try and save up points during the week for the weekend or a night out and so ppl were not eating healthily enough. She says that the weeklies are there so that if you do have a blowout or something big on, you have the points available to enjoy it without worrying about having to starve yourself the next day. She says that if you eat all your weeklies, you will still lose weight but it just might be slower than if you didn't eat them!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Ah OK!
    I should really say it to our leader so, she said this to us at the start when she was familiarising herself with the new program.

I'd find it hard not to use them up though, I have to have a treat at the weekend or I'd go mad!!

Quick question

Anyone know how much is in a fun sized yorkie bar and Oreo cookies??

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Made the spagetti carbonara yesterday that Lady Lainy put up a while back, it was lovely, really rich! I added mushrooms to the recipe, worked well with it.

Thinking of investing in the WW weighing scales, anyone bought it? Need one anyway, seem to have lost my old one but sure would only be a normal scales now since the points have changed!

I tried a power plate class at lunch today, some workout for 30mins, legs were jelly after....Weigh in this evening, hopefully the wine, popcorn & malteasers last night wont do too much damage....

Edit: Johnson Mooney & O'Brien wholemeal 4pp for 2slices/ goodness of both bread: 5pp for 2slices... Had thought they were 3 sorry:(

Made the spagetti carbonara yesterday that Lady Lainy put up a while back, it was lovely, really rich! I added mushrooms to the recipe, worked well with it. Thinking of investing in the WW weighing scales, anyone bought it? Need one anyway, seem to have lost my old one but sure would only be a normal scales now since the points have changed!I tried a power plate class at lunch today, some workout for 30mins, legs were jelly after....Weigh in this evening, hopefully the wine, popcorn & malteasers last night wont do too much damage....Johnson Mooney & O'Brien wholemeal/ goodness of both bread: 3pp for 2slices!

I was thinking of getting the scales too... but I have heard 50/50 attitude on them! so Im in 2 minds! arghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

wow this thread is busy,
    had a great night out last night, i was very clever last night drinking cocktails..........dont feel so clever now!!!!
    dreading WI thursday morning but not gonna skip it - been down that road before and its a dodgy one!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

..Johnson Mooney & O'Brien wholemeal/ goodness of both bread: 3pp for 2slices!

Did you check the pro points in it ? thats really good! all the bread i checked was 5 for 2 points nearly!

Best of luck in the Wi x

Trying not to let this mornings weight in get to me.

On nights so only had my breakfast a while ago, had 30g Rice Krispies , Slimline Milk , 1 small Tspoon sugar , Tea & Banana.

Just made some soup as well.

Not meaning to make this into a diary girls , just trying to get some encouragement & back in the right mind frame for the week x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I have been trying to catch up on all the posts since I was last on there has been so many!
    Heres my update my week got off to such a bad start, had a planned esb outage I forgot about on wed major panic ended up grazing all day and not been satisfied. Got up thurs full of new motivation and just at lunch time power went again it was off until 10.30 pm and the damage I did was unreal! Then came weekend and valentines aaagh. Anyway back on track today still trying not to eat too many carbs its hard after the last few days overdoseing of them:o,. I usually weigh in on wed but I changed that last week to sat as I think this may suit me better (I do this on line) . Anyway best of luck to everyone and well done on all the losses, fofany enjoy your hols! Am off now to try and catch up on a few more pages of posting.

I was thinking of getting the scales too... but I have heard 50/50 attitude on them! so Im in 2 minds! arghhh

i asked my leader about them at a meeting and she said they were kinda waste of money : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Trying not to let this mornings weight in get to me.

On nights so only had my breakfast a while ago, had 30g Rice Krispies , Slimline Milk , 1 small Tspoon sugar , Tea & Banana.

Just made some soup as well.

Not meaning to make this into a diary girls , just trying to get some encouragement & back in the right mind frame for the week x

I love hearing what others are eating gives me more ideas, post away!

astra2000 wrote: »
    I love hearing what others are eating gives me more ideas, post away!

Thanks Astra :o

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Did you check the pro points in it ? thats really good! all the bread i checked was 5 for 2 points nearly!

Best of luck in the Wi x

Yep worked it out for both types...I doubled the nutritional values first and worked it out on the calculator, hope Im not wrong now!! Great way to save 2pp a day without noticing, really nice bread too!

Yep worked it out for both types...I doubled the nutritional values first and worked it out on the calculator, hope Im not wrong now!! Great way to save 2pp a day without noticing, really nice bread too!

Cool cool :) thanks for that shortstuff. Wont feel as guilty now when i have bread. savage saving lol trying to spare as many points as i can this week.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ok after being so good (apart from dinner with OH last night, but used my weeklies for that) all week (WI in tomorrow evening) the boredom got the better of me and i'm after having 5PP of choc and 4PP crisps!! and I had a huge brunch so now only 14PP left for the day and my planned dinner is 13PP. No weeklies left and I just know I am going to want another snack later :( damn!

Also my scales arent budging at all, in fact they look like I might have gained a lb. I am really hoping it is because they are old and dodgy (not digital) because I have been so good and exercised every day except today!! TOTM due this week but that never really seemed to affect me before, I don't think...

Quick question

Anyone know how much is in a fun sized yorkie bar and Oreo cookies??
    I love love love oreo cookies. ww online says an 11g oreo cookie is 1pp.....which is great....but i know i could never stop at one....so not worth even having the temptation in my house.

a packet of 165g oreo cookies is 22pp.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all!!!
    Long term weightwatcher and I have to say I'm seriously concerned about these propoints!!!!

My first couple of weeks were ok.

I find that now I'm literally maintaining and not losing at all over past few weeks despite being very good.

I've never gone two weeks and stayed the same at ww so I'm a bit frustrated.

I've only 12 pounds to go to get to my personal goal, having lost around 6 stone.

Just want to know is anyone else feeling the same?

Am thinking of just returning to points!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Molly1 wrote: »
    another question... is a banana a day too much do you think?:confused:

No, Molly, keep eating fruit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement