Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Could anyone tell me how many points a pink and white is? those marsh mallow things....
    I was in Dunnes and compared the nutritional values in "real" ones to the Dunnes own brand and the Dunnes was slightly less in all values, the only thing is I came home to find that they dunnes ones didn't give the nutritional values per slice only per 100g and it didn't tell you how many grams in a slice or how many in the pack so now way of working it out!! AHHHH SO if someone could tell me how many pp in the real ones I can go with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

eok56 wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how many points a pink and white is? those marsh mallow things....
    I was in Dunnes and compared the nutritional values in "real" ones to the Dunnes own brand and the Dunnes was slightly less in all values, the only thing is I came home to find that they dunnes ones didn't give the nutritional values per slice only per 100g and it didn't tell you how many grams in a slice or how many in the pack so now way of working it out!! AHHHH SO if someone could tell me how many pp in the real ones I can go with that!

i thought they wer 1pp each well the ones i get are anyway...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I'm trying to be so good tonight, but there is a crunchie on the table staring at me :( and I only have one point left for the day :( Have been really good this week and not used any of my weeklies (hoping to lose 3lb this week to get to 1stone loss).

OH has not bought me any pressie for Valentines :( The crunchie is extra tempting because I'm feeling sorry for myself. Think I'll have a can of 7up free, a ginger nut and watch the Grammys.

Also, I got a fish stirfry off the fishmongers on Sat which we had for dinner today. No idea how to point it as no idea what was in the sauce. I have it at 7pp given that it had prawns and salmon in it and then I put loads of veg into it and gave myself a very small portion. Anyone any idea of that sounds about right? I counted another 6pp for Amoy ready to eat thread noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

Hey everyone,

Congratulations on the fantastic weight losses! I wish I could join in the celebrations but no weight shift at all since start of January! :(

Its been a hectic few weeks and Ive been doing my best to stay on track but I'm sure I've slipped a few times and I SUCK at exercise.

I just cant shift my final 7 pounds and its killing me. Any suggestions on how to push through a plateau?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Back from my Valentine's night out at the Disneyland Hotel & the buffet was lovely. Tried loads of things from the dinner buffet, but tried to stack up my plate with veg, but think it might have had butter or other sauces on some of the veg, but it was yummy. Stayed away from the desserts & had fruit salad (but had a taster of cheesecake & raspberry sponge off daughter's plate). Must admit to slipping some chocolate hearts into my bag to have later with my champagne! Will try to get back on track again tomorrow & maybe get a swim in tomorrow night after kids have gone to bed (hubby swimming tonight, so it must be my turn tomorrow!)

Hope everyone had a nice valentines & good luck to everyone with WI tomorrow - I'll be looking in to see how you all got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

OK, this is going to be a long one - just catching up on the afternoon's posts.
    Monife wrote: »
    While on the topic of water, does anyone think drinking a lot of water on weigh in day has an effect? I weigh in at 6pm so I couldn't go the whole day without drinking it but should I stop at about 2/3pm?

I always stop drinking and eating around lunch time on my WI day and I weigh in around 6.30/7. And always go to the toilet either before I leave work or when I get to the hotel where the meeting is (sorry, if tmi!).
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    LOL if i didnt have to answer to editors and what not...i'd be great :p haha.....but its mondo stressful having every single word your write critiqued and butchered hehe :)

I kinda treat this place as my blog....."sex & the weight watchers" haha!

A free coffee is definitely better than a card....especially when the coffee comes from a cute barman :P

Ah, it's not as bad as that. You stop being precious about stuff after a while!
    You never know that free coffee might turn into a Valentine's Card next year ;)
    Hi all,

Quick question - what is Gold Member status and how do you get to it? I hear people talking about it the whole time but still don't know what it is
    Gold member status is the Holy Grail of WW...you become a gold member when you reach goal. The big advantage of being a gold member is that your WI's are free once you stay within 5lbs (I think) of your gold weight and you WI a few times a year...think it used to be 4.
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'm trying to be so good tonight, but there is a crunchie on the table staring at me :( and I only have one point left for the day :( Have been really good this week and not used any of my weeklies (hoping to lose 3lb this week to get to 1stone loss).

Get him to hide the crunchie and treat you to lunch or something nice when you loose your stone instead.
    Any suggestions on how to push through a plateau?

Have you tried changing or increasing your exercise?
    Do you drink enough water or have you tried tracking every bite?
    Good luck with the final push...make sure you let us know how you get on.

kildareash wrote: »
    OK, this is going to be a long one - just catching up on the afternoon's posts.

Have you tried changing or increasing your exercise?
    Do you drink enough water or have you tried tracking every bite?
    Good luck with the final push...make sure you let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the reply youre very good :)

Exercise - I hopeless at sports and so busy I dont find time to go to the gym...although I train and walk everywhere and wouldnt consider myself inactive. probably should get out walking more though.
    Water - I dont actually know what a glass constitutes but I try :)
    Food tracking - yes and no. Its hard when you are at somebody elses house for dinner or in a restaurant etc...I do try though :)

Thanks again!:)

Exercise - I hopeless at sports and so busy I dont find time to go to the gym...although I train and walk everywhere and wouldnt consider myself inactive. probably should get out walking more though.
    Food tracking - yes and no. Its hard when you are at somebody elses house for dinner or in a restaurant etc...I do try though :)

Same as us all so! Maybe the water and stricter tracking might help you shift the last few pounds.

By the way..can anyone tell me how to make the butternut squash chips? I'm after burning a dish full tonight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Was up 2.5lbs at wi today was gutted til i got home and weighed the boots i was wearing they weigh 3lbs (usually wear flats) so not too bad!

I totally can't keep up with the speed of this thread.

Happy Valentines to all and have a great WI this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

A "glass" of water is 8floz. 8 glasses of 8floz is roughly about 2 litres.
    Get your self a pint glass. 3 pints of water works out pretty close to the 2 litre mark :) Sugar free dilute is great! I normally warm up the water too...hate cold water. and just knock it back. Are you eating anything thats high in salt? that could contribute to water retention.

I assume if your having dinner at there house...ye must be good friends....tell her before hand your doing weight watchers...dont make it a secret...your so close to your goal from the sounds of it....you got nothing to be embarrassed about.

with restaurant....try to go to places that have there menu's online. so you can point the night out before hand...by eating light for the day....but never let your self get to the point of being totally starving with the hunger by the time you get to the restaurant....cos you'll end up just going nuts on the bread basket and butter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Happy Valenties Day everyone :)

Just had to tell you all how sweet my OH was today, I had warned him NOT to bring chocolates near me, I had thought he wouln't but just wanted to be sure and not a huge fan of flowers so he gave me a hamper full of curly wurlys, velvet crunch crisps, my fav Aldi low fat hot drinks and a €100 clothes voucher tucked among the goodies with a note that said treat yourself to something to show of your new shape. So thrilled :D,the goodies will last for weeks too and going to keep the voucher until I reach goal - 7.5lbs to go lets hope it won't take me too long.

He had suggested last week going for dinner tonight but I WI tuesday nights and really want to do my all to get to goal so dinner will just have to wait.

Have a good week everyone, tracked and didn't use my weeklies this week but feel kinda of blah tonight. Hope i'll feel better tmw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Was up 2.5lbs at wi today was gutted til i got home and weighed the boots i was wearing they weigh 3lbs (usually wear flats) so not too bad!

I totally can't keep up with the speed of this thread.

Happy Valentines to all and have a great WI this week!

Try to wear the same clothes and shoes every week as it will give you an accurate reading on a weekly basis. The boots probably did account for some of the gain.

A "glass" of water is 8floz. 8 glasses of 8floz is roughly about 2 litres.
    Get your self a pint glass. 3 pints of water works out pretty close to the 2 litre mark :) Sugar free dilute is great! I normally warm up the water too...hate cold water. and just knock it back. Are you eating anything thats high in salt? that could contribute to water retention.

Super, three pints of dilute is perfect. I cant drink plain water like that! Thats not so bad then...

Thank you! I always forget about the salt...ah I hope some old fashioned routine and maybe getting off the chair might shift it a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Tried to be good today to make up for my messing yesterday, but I had a craving for chocolate. Ate 2 tea cakes and 5 chocolates in work. But had cereal for breakfast, my usual fairly healthy lunch minus the slice of brown bread I usually have and because I was so bad i just had some prawns stir fried with loads of veg for my dinner. So was bang on my pp allowance for the day! I'm usually so good at avoiding chocolate in work (we get free food in work, so there is always loads of bars/crisps on offer) but today with Valentines there was even more stuff and it wasnt just on the usual shelves but on all the desks and tables we eat lunch at! Was just way too tempting :(

Am gonna cop on tomorrow and go in with blinkers on to the choccie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just had to tell you all how sweet my OH was today, I had warned him NOT to bring chocolates near me, I had thought he wouln't but just wanted to be sure and not a huge fan of flowers so he gave me a hamper full of curly wurlys, velvet crunch crisps, my fav Aldi low fat hot drinks and a €100 clothes voucher tucked among the goodies with a note that said treat yourself to something to show of your new shape. So thrilled :D,the goodies will last for weeks too and going to keep the voucher until I reach goal - 7.5lbs to go lets hope it won't take me too long.

He had suggested last week going for dinner tonight but I WI tuesday nights and really want to do my all to get to goal so dinner will just have to wait.

Have a good week everyone, tracked and didn't use my weeklies this week but feel kinda of blah tonight. Hope i'll feel better tmw.

What a lovely gift! Thats the type of support everyone needs!! Well done him and good luck with your last 7.5lbs :)

Oh my god, clone that man! That is the most thoughtul present I've ever heard of. You're one lucky gal!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Oh my god, clone that man! That is the most thoughtul present I've ever heard of. You're one lucky gal!:pac:

Seriously a tear just came to my eye there, that is a MAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

+1. Couldn't have put it better myself! Good luck on getting to goal - you are so close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Had a great day today. My first day of proper pointing with my calculator and it went well. Was a bit of an inconvenience checking portion sizes and calculating everything, especially when making dinner but I'm hoping I will get better at remembering what portions of certain things are over time and it will get easier. Plus, I started writing things down so I can refer back over time.

My OH was very thoughtful today also. I told him on Friday that I was starting off proper on Monday (as my calculator was delivered on Friday) and he remembered. Came home with a net of juicy clementines for me (i love oranges!) and strawberries and those little variety pack of mini cadburys bars. I had kept a few points over from the day so I wouldn't be too guilty if he did come home with goodies so I had fruit to fill me up and then made myself an options white hot chocolate and had two mini moros as a treat. Feel very good after the day and now snuggling up for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Tomorrow and Wednesday i have two short days in college, so my routine kinda been mixed up....looking for some filling lunch ideas...for when i get home...kinda in and around 10pp......groceries kinda running low :( and totally tempted to throw in ww pizza for lunch both days...but 13pp kinda alot for lunch....trying to EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA good this week...have a serious vodka session coming up thursday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I may need therapy on Weds after WI because if I don't have a loss I think I'll cry. Propoints has been a mixed bag for me so far :(

Me too Eabha. Devasted if I dont have a good number on Wednesday. Have been very good, hardly any snacking (a first for me) ate most of my dailies (bar maybe 2 or 3, have 35) and have eaten all my weeklies after lovely dinner with OH tonight, but have also been exercising every day.

Propoints was iffy with me too, well wasnt up any week but just down 1lb every week, I know its a loss but i have LOADS to lose and was getting great numbers with less exercise on old plan.

Good luck for WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Tomorrow and Wednesday i have two short days in college, so my routine kinda been mixed up....looking for some filling lunch ideas...for when i get home...kinda in and around 10pp......groceries kinda running low :( and totally tempted to throw in ww pizza for lunch both days...but 13pp kinda alot for lunch....trying to EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA good this week...have a serious vodka session coming up thursday night

For lunch this week, I am changing it up. Used to have tuna salad (cucumber, tomato, beetroot, lettuce, tuna, balsamic dressing) and packet of 2PP popcorn or a WW pitta with tuna and lettuce and the popcorn. This week I got the WW wraps and tesco cooked chicken tikka pieces. The pack is 6PP so for lunch going to have the wrap (3PP) with half a pack of the chicken, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and a bit of light mayo, totalling 7PP. Don't know if that's your thing. Also for 10PP you could have a pack of popcorn and bit extra chicken and maybe a banana aswell. Or some zero point soup, couple slices of soda bread with small bit of cheese and a pack of low fat crisps or popcorn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Was having a pretty good day, all healthy meals,until I decided to have two chocolate digestives in work after dinner,without knowing the points value, agh! 5 bloody points, never again!
    Am so annoyed with myself,but I know it could have been a lot worse,before being in ww I'd have demolished 5 or 6 without thinking,and have fooled myself into believing that I'd 'eaten nothing all day', so I guess that's a positive.
    Oh I tried that pouring yogurt over the weekend with fruit, it works out as 2 pp for a decent amount, its lovely and makes a change from normal yogurt.

Anyway good luck to everyone this week, hope you all have losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

well I am getting WI tomorroww morning and I am so nervous, I have not been in a few weeks cause to be honest I have been nearlt too depressed to go.
    I had really bad acne for years adn have been left with pretty bad scarring, wit my low self confidence (acne adn related bullying) I am nearly a recluse and only go out to clubs maybe once a year. ( I am 31).

Christmas was so depressing, and i said thats it I have to give it a go this year...............
    loose weigh and try and get out more

so thats my story and hopefully i will be getting a minus something tomorrow.......

Also have been making soup all weekend thans to receips I got from Kay so heres to a gud week

M

For my lunch today I had a brown soft roll from Aldi, they are really nice I have to say, with 20g cheese, tomato and sandwich spread which I had not eaten in years!, a ww yogurt and a packet of velvet crunch, that worked out as 9 pp,and was very filling. You could even replace the velvet crunch with a bowl of soup or a cup a soup? Have you access to a microwave in college?

molly09 wrote: »
    well I am getting WI tomorroww morning and I am so nervous, I have not been in a few weeks cause to be honest I have been nearlt too depressed to go.
    I had really bad acne for years adn have been left with pretty bad scarring, wit my low self confidence (acne adn related bullying) I am nearly a recluse and only go out to clubs maybe once a year. ( I am 31).

Christmas was so depressing, and i said thats it I have to give it a go this year...............

so thats my story and hopefully i will be getting a minus something tomorrow.......

Also have been making soup all weekend thans to receips I got from Kay so heres to a gud week

M[/QUOTE
    Hey Molly, firstly sorry to hear that your feeling bit down, its not easy at all,but you are in the right place here, there is just a lovely support network I have to say. You made the right decision in doing something about your weight, if anything it will give you a focus,and I really think that when your doing your best to lose weight, it naturally lifts your mood, I know it definitely has for me.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, let us know how it goes :)

Monife wrote: »
    Me too Eabha. Devasted if I dont have a good number on Wednesday. Have been very good, hardly any snacking (a first for me) ate most of my dailies (bar maybe 2 or 3, have 35) and have eaten all my weeklies after lovely dinner with OH tonight, but have also been exercising every day.

Propoints was iffy with me too, well wasnt up any week but just down 1lb every week, I know its a loss but i have LOADS to lose and was getting great numbers with less exercise on old plan.

Good luck for WI.

Thanks. I'm the same this week I've tracked everything, drank 3L water everyday and exercised.

2 weeks ago I got my first loss of 3lbs but then put on 1.5lbs last week but it was TOTM. So I'm hoping for a big loss this week to make up for last week and the fact I've been so good. We'll see Weds though fingers crossed :)

Good luck to you to!!

molly09 wrote: »

M

Molly I can relate to the low self-confidence issue. I used to hate going out because I thought people saw me as the fat girl and I could never wear nice clothes. I also was bullied in school not for being fat but just in general but it didn't help. The summer after I finished school I gained a bit of confidence due to a new best friend who is an incredible friend and has loads of confidence. But I was still fat. And it always got me down.

Now 3 years on I've finally started to lose weight properly and with it I've gained a lot of confidence. Guys are starting to notice me more and I don't shy away from anyone or anything.

Confidence will come in time. Stick with the weight loss and you will see results not only in your appearance but throughout your whole life.

Eabha x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

have WI 2moro and not a great weekend!!! Out sat nt and had chicken curry and rice at two in the morning then a moro (fun size) at 4 am, oh god what drink can do to your willpower is not good!!! Just after having 2 quality sweets for my valentine treat and i put the box away as i didnt trust myself!!!:o I was up half pound last week and i really want to be down 2moro, oh well i can only blame myself if i am up:cool:

Good luck to all for WI 2moro, and can u get the wheat bran for the muffins in Tesco or Dunnes? my super valu doesnt stock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Hey Ladies ,

Havent been online all weekend and taken me aaageeess altogether to catch up!!! Have my weigh in tomorrow and its the first week i havent tracked :( wasnt overly bold but was defo not good so im a bit let down by myself this week. Have lost 7.5lbs so far and really need to lose another 10 at least! have a good few things coming up over the next few months , christenings , communions , hen nights , Paris etc so really cant afford to be bold .

Eeek... heres to tomorrow.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement