Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

eok56 wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how many points a pink and white is? those marsh mallow things....
    I was in Dunnes and compared the nutritional values in "real" ones to the Dunnes own brand and the Dunnes was slightly less in all values, the only thing is I came home to find that they dunnes ones didn't give the nutritional values per slice only per 100g and it didn't tell you how many grams in a slice or how many in the pack so now way of working it out!! AHHHH SO if someone could tell me how many pp in the real ones I can go with that!
    The pink and whites are 1 pp for one but 3pp for two so be carefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

kildareash wrote: »
    By the way..can anyone tell me how to make the butternut squash chips? I'm after burning a dish full tonight :rolleyes:

Not sure about Butternut Squash Chips, but I make Sweet Potatoe Wedges a lot, they're delish! Just peel and chop them up to the thickness that you like, then boil them for about 10 mins. Pre-heat the oven to about 250degrees, spray a baking sheet with low fat spray, put the wedges on it, then spray them with low fat spray, bung them in the oven for about 20 mins! They do get a bit blackened while cooking, but man, they are delish! I love them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Wow loads to read on here :) great to see hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Fofany good on you sticking as much as possible to the plan while in Paris I'm sure all the walking & swimming you'll do this weekend In Disney will burn off the Maltesers so don't worry too much, you've not lost the run of yourself or anything so a little treat is allowed while on holiday!

Molly no problem re the soup I hope you liked them?! I think m'lady is right weightloss gives you something to focus on & this thread is a tremendous support so stick with it you will see results both on the scales & in the fit of your clothes that will help you feel good & in turn your confidence will grow, we've all got issues or things we feel insecure about but at the end of the day we've all got that we want to lose weight in common & we've all taken the hard first step, admitting we need to lose weight & doing something about it so that's a huge positive in my opinion & is something to be proud of :D

So I had a pretty good weekend only used 14 of my weeklies & I've eaten all my dailies so far as well, like Eabha I'll be really bummed out if I haven't a big loss this wk I've lost 6.5lb so far (in 4 weeks) I STS last wk so I need a nice loss (& to get into the 12 stones) to give me my mojo back. I feel pissed off & I don't know why I'm wrecked with work, I'm working on site with clients for the nxt 2 wks so it's making lunches harder (sambos, fruit & salad mostly I miss my soup though! ) so that's contributing to my mood but on the positive side I've not reached for the crap or an extra large glass of wine so the mindset has definitely changed re food/alcohol so thats a good thing!

Went on a nice cooking binge on Sunday 2 lots of soup & a cottage pie mix made with extra lean m&s beef mince, the mix was really large (bulked out with carrot, celery & onion) & I was able to devide into 4 large portions for 5pp each (mince was 12 for whole packet well it came in at 8 but I added 4 to be 'safe!!') I froze 3 portions & had one portion last night I added 5pp of spuds to bring a really tasty dinner up to 10pp by making it ex spuds it gives me the option of a low point dinner some evening I need it by adding mashed carrot or turnip to the top :D

Skipped out on my walk last night I was too tired, but back at it tonight, I've a big day/night out on sat so I'll use alot of nxt wks weeklies there & I'm also going to Berlin nxt thurs for 5 days so I need a good loss this Friday to tide me over!

Best of luck to you all on WI & sorry for the long post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Happy Valenties Day everyone :)

Just had to tell you all how sweet my OH was today, I had warned him NOT to bring chocolates near me, I had thought he wouln't but just wanted to be sure and not a huge fan of flowers so he gave me a hamper full of curly wurlys, velvet crunch crisps, my fav Aldi low fat hot drinks and a €100 clothes voucher tucked among the goodies with a note that said treat yourself to something to show of your new shape. So thrilled :D,the goodies will last for weeks too and going to keep the voucher until I reach goal - 7.5lbs to go lets hope it won't take me too long.

He had suggested last week going for dinner tonight but I WI tuesday nights and really want to do my all to get to goal so dinner will just have to wait.

Have a good week everyone, tracked and didn't use my weeklies this week but feel kinda of blah tonight. Hope i'll feel better tmw.

^ ^ Best OH ever! So cute!

I am absolutely dreading tonight's WI. I was awful last night - stuffing my face with a Chinese and wasn't exactly perfect all weekend either! And to top it off it's my TOTM !! :(
    Oh well, I'll see how it goes tonight and accept it - move on to a good week hopefully!
    Hope everyone is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I'm gonna be the same for my WI tomorrow, dreading it.
    Had a lovely Valentine's dinner on sunday so it was worth it, but really wanted to get my 5th silver seven this week!!

TOTM and lots of nice food at the weekend - help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in here for a few days never get the time. Well done to everyone on all the weight loss.

So I had an excellent week (or so I thought) I tracked and weighed everything I ate and stayed within my daily limit every day. I ate most of my weeklies though. So I went for my weigh in last night it is my second weigh in. I only lost half a pound :( I was gutted to say the least. I suppose its not so bad as it is a weight loss after all but i just feels so bad after all my effort. I have about 2 stone to lose in total. I am getting married in the autumn and I really want to lose the weight for my wedding.

A few factors that may have affected the weight loss I think: I drank lots of water yesterday thinking Id flush any retained water away but Im thinking it had opposite effect.
    Also eating all my weeklies, I am unsure about this. Am I meant to eat all of these or what? Has anyone got weight loss while eating these.

Sorry for long post :o

Hey DarkBlonde,

I had the same thing on my first WI, stayed within all my points rigidly and went out walking and lost nothing! Was so gutted!
    But I had 2lb off the following week, so see how you get on next week is what I'd say.
    My weight loss is much slower on PP.

Also, our leader told us to stop drinking anything about 3 hours before WI as 500ml can work out at about 1lb in weight on the scales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pucadubh

Anybody know what time the morning session WI is in Ratoath GAA club?
    WW meetings link on the website isn't working :(

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey DarkBlonde,

I had the same thing on my first WI, stayed within all my points rigidly and went out walking and lost nothing! Was so gutted!
    But I had 2lb off the following week, so see how you get on next week is what I'd say.
    My weight loss is much slower on PP.

Also, our leader told us to stop drinking anything about 3 hours before WI as 500ml can work out at about 1lb in weight on the scales!

That makes sense so I downed a pint of water an hour before the meeting :eek: I lost one pound last week and I didnt even follow the plan properly. Thats why I am so annoyed I suppose.

Yeah that could be it!

I WI at 6.30pm and I don't drink anything after 3pm.
    Our leader said it's ok to eat, but not to drink!

It's very disappointing when you've worked really hard and you don't see the results, it can be demotivating, but remember that you'll most likely see it next week so keep going!

Also, we are advised to eat all our dailies AND weeklies so I've been doing that.
    I don't need to be told to eat, ha ha!

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »
    Yeah that could be it!

I WI at 6.30pm and I don't drink anything after 3pm.
    Our leader said it's ok to eat, but not to drink!

It's very disappointing when you've worked really hard and you don't see the results, it can be demotivating, but remember that you'll most likely see it next week so keep going!

Also, we are advised to eat all our dailies AND weeklies so I've been doing that.
    I don't need to be told to eat, ha ha!

Thanks I'l know better so for next week. My WI is at 5.15 so maybe I will have nothing after lunch.

Oh I know what you mean about the weeklies! I love my food. I am loving this new plan I am never hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

So glad I came on just now.. i drnk like a fish all day, need to to keep my throat from freezing up at work! but defo will stop around lunch time.. i never thought of it adding weight!! praying for a loss, despite having a good week, feel a bit low, and had nice things for dinner last nite, WW friendly but still feel bad :( .. fingers crossed im wrong!

wheat brabn, u can get in health store if none in tesco or supervalu :)

You should be able to! Did you try Dunnes? I find them quite good, and better than Tesco if you want to buy WW stuff, which I don't really except for the hot choc, biscuits and the dessert style yogurts which are yum!

I'm having WW bread this week so I can save more pp for the evenings. I like to have something for dinner and save a couple of pp so I can have a couple of rich tea biccies or something later, otherwise I feel deprived!!

I'm actually trying to drink more water at the moment, I think it might help boost the weight loss a bit more. I have 1.5lb to go to the next silver seven and I'd really like to get it!! Fingers crossed!!
    I just don't like water at all, I find it so boring!!

Try not to feel low Rachel, you are working hard at something so you shouldn't feel bad about it! Think about the times when you were doing nothing and cursing yourself for being overweight - that's what I do! At least we're being proactive now!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BallyEllen

Hello everybody! I'm new to boards but old to WW!!
    Its great to see such a support network here!
    In weight watchers since October. I had lost 34lbs between April and October last year but was really struggling with it so I sought help. I've lost another 27lbs and hoping to get my 2nd stone with WW this Wednesday.
    I have a long long long way to go but hoping to stick at it and get there slowly but surely.

Wow that's amazing!!

I lost 33lbs between Feb and Nov last year and am delighted with it but want to lose about another 20 lbs - fingers crossed!!!

Would love to know what my goal weight is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Would anybody have any idea how many PP's it would be for a thai Massaman curry? Went to thailand last year and fell in love with the food and love cooking it at home.

Fantastic weightloss Ellen & Dammit well done!

Re the massaman curry post up the ingredients you'll use & we can try point it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well folks, the OH gave me a lovely valentines present!

A 1 night stay in Bracken Court Hotel in Balbriggan, with 4 course meal, chocs on arrival, brekkie next morn and a late 3pm check out woohoo!! So going this Saturday so not gonna eat much on Friday or Sat.. Also got a nice healthy lunch (wholemeal sandwich and soup haha), teddy and a balloon!

After been away for 5days last week I went for my 2nd WI, should of bn my 3rd but bn away last week I knew I would of bn up so didnt go haha
    However I went this morning, and I was down 1 and half pounds! so im 2 pounds under half stone! so hopefully next week I'll get there!!

Also I am in hosp 2mor for a few hrs so I know I wont be in mood to cook anything to OTT 2mor evening so anyone any suggestions?? I have alot of food here, like: chicken fillets, normal and Quorn, Fresh veg and frozen, creme freché, rice white and brown and spaghetti white and brown, baby boiled spuds and WW mash, Quorn mince, & chicken &mushroom pies!
    Anyone any suggestions??
    Thanks

Well done on the losses folks, keep up the fab work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

The Massaman Ingredients are as below:
    tablespoons
    sugar

1/2
    tablespoon
    salt

cup
    potato

tablespoon
    masaman curry paste

1/2
    cup
    coconut milk

1/2
    lb
    Beef/Chicken

Thanks for your help on this, I remember someone telling me before that coconut milk is quite high in fat content but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Just went to my WI and i am up 4lbs!!! I cant believe im sooo peed off! thought i might be up 1 or 2 but no way did i think four ! I had only lost 8.5 so im back up nearly half that in a week :(

I just feel like giving up.... its such a struggle every week and then someting like this just give me such a kick.

Sigh................

Just went to my WI and i am up 4lbs!!! I cant believe im sooo peed off! thought i might be up 1 or 2 but no way did i think four ! I had only lost 8.5 so im back up nearly half that in a week :(

I just feel like giving up.... its such a struggle every week and then someting like this just give me such a kick.

Sigh................

Dont give up!! you will get back on track... every1 has there off days.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Dont give up!! you will get back on track... every1 has there off days.

Thanks Finglasgal , its just soo dis heartening. i know i wasnt good but but jeez i wasnt that bad either! :( Todays gonna be tough. im on nights so i had to set my alarm after 5 hours sleep to get up for WI .. oh well. Lifes a *****

No problem I don't have my pocket book with me but based on the list the pointed items are:
    Coconut milk (this is high point due to the fat/carb content)
    The potato
    The sugar
    Oil for frying
    Meat - chicken breasts will be better value point wise that beef

On the paste your using are the spices blended with any oil or coconut milk or anything?

As I say I can check the generic points on these items when I get home, if someone else doesn't do it before me! If the coconut milk or paste you're using has nutritional values on the back post them up & you'll get a more accurate pp value.

I'd suggest maybe use splenda instead of sugar, & use reduced fat coconut milk ive done that for my own thai green curry or better still low fat yogurt to make this better point wise but I know it's not the same using yogurt rather than coconut milk!

Thanks Finglasgal , its just soo dis heartening. i know i wasnt good but but jeez i wasnt that bad either! :( Todays gonna be tough. im on nights so i had to set my alarm after 5 hours sleep to get up for WI .. oh well. Lifes a *****

I know it is hun but work extra hard this week and you will notice the change next week :-) I didnt go last Tue to my WI as i only came home from 5 days in Berlin so i knew id up haha so went this morning. I dreaded it! but wasnt as bad as I thought... So have faith, stay positive, and think of ur goal!! thats ur bad week over now so from here on in nothing but good weeks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hi Guys,

Ive been doing WW online on and off for about 2 years.
    Ive lost about 1stone and a half already and im back on it now in advance of the summer to lose that last stubborn half stone in order to get down to my goal weight.

Im a real snacker. I cannot get thru the day on 3 square meals.Id prefer smaller meals and snacks. Over the time that I have been on Weight Watchers I have discovered some great low-ish point snack items and I was wondering if other people have discovered the same and could post them so I can try some new treats!!

A few of my snack tips....

A 26g Nut Tracker (from the multipacks you get in Tesco) are just 3 pro points...great for a mid morning snack!!
    Quorn Sausages (a great snack even though im not a vegetarian) 3 pro points!!
    Skips 2pro points!!

Any other ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

closifer wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Ive been doing WW online on and off for about 2 years.
    Ive lost about 1stone and a half already and im back on it now in advance of the summer to lose that last stubborn half stone in order to get down to my goal weight.

Im a real snacker. I cannot get thru the day on 3 square meals.Id prefer smaller meals and snacks. Over the time that I have been on Weight Watchers I have discovered some great low-ish point snack items and I was wondering if other people have discovered the same and could post them so I can try some new treats!!

A few of my snack tips....

A 26g Nut Tracker (from the multipacks you get in Tesco) are just 3 pro points...great for a mid morning snack!!
    Quorn Sausages (a great snack even though im not a vegetarian) 3 pro points!!
    Skips 2pro points!!

Any other ideas??
    Try the Hodgkins low fat sausages from tesco and supervalu there only 1 p.point each also a penguin bar is 2 pp and Tayto snax are 2 pp also the old curly wurly for 3pp or a merguine nest is only 1 pp try it smashed up over some free strawberries and grapes for an extra treat add 1 spoon ww cream for 1 pp I also drink a lot of Tesco own brand low calorie American ginger ale at 75cent a litre its a great break from coke and 7up:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Thanks a million! I had tried the Hodgins sausages alright. went thru a phase and turned myself off them!!

Great idea with the meringues!! Is Weight Watchers cream okay?? Does it taste anything like cream?? :)

Forgot about Snax too-thats great. Yum!

PS Tesco Healthy Living rashers are 2 for 2 pts also!! Delish!

Taking me ages to get used to the pro points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

aspie mum wrote: »
    a merguine nest is only 1 pp try it smashed up over some free strawberries and grapes

Be careful with the merginues! It's 1 pp for a nest weighing only 12grams! I got the supervalu own brand at the weekend, and they are 20g each, so 2pp per nest! Still good value for a treat! Had them last night for Valentines with blueberries, grapes and strawberries and some of the Linessa Spray Cream from Lidl - 1pp per tablespoon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I haven't posted in here for a few days never get the time. Well done to everyone on all the weight loss.

So I had an excellent week (or so I thought) I tracked and weighed everything I ate and stayed within my daily limit every day. I ate most of my weeklies though. So I went for my weigh in last night it is my second weigh in. I only lost half a pound :( I was gutted to say the least. I suppose its not so bad as it is a weight loss after all but i just feels so bad after all my effort. I have about 2 stone to lose in total. I am getting married in the autumn and I really want to lose the weight for my wedding.

A few factors that may have affected the weight loss I think: I drank lots of water yesterday thinking Id flush any retained water away but Im thinking it had opposite effect.
    Also eating all my weeklies, I am unsure about this. Am I meant to eat all of these or what? Has anyone got weight loss while eating these.

Sorry for long post :o

I eat most my weeklies nearly every week. Last week I used 15 of my weeklies + 12 excercise points....and i lost 6.2lbs...

the new programme seems to suit me way better then the other system...

Anyone who isnt getting the losses they expect....tell your leaders...voice your fears and worries....bottling it up will drive ye crazy....and you'll end up like me last summer bursting out in tears on the scales infront of EVERYONE!

The weeklies are optional...

I'm sure there is a help line on the irish site....maybe worth while ringing up...to find out more information on the programme and...if there are any other external factors that could halt the weight loss...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement