Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

well, here i am to confess my horrendous weekend!!
    the OH and myself decided to hit M&S to get that offer they had for Valentine's.. 25eur for starter, main, side, wine, dessert and a wee box of chocolates.. had it all!! OMG.. scallops in white wine sauce, stake with butter& herbs, garlic mushrooms, strawberry champagne suffle and rose cava.
    Dunno how many points that was, but for sure was over the weekelys + what i had left of the dailys.
    Not gonna go mental about it.. it was valentines celebration, one needs to have a break now and then..
    It wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt coz friday i had dipped into some of my weeklys already.. not many, but a few.. and yesterday we got a visit and i had a few crisps.. i never now how to point that, but i think i stayed within the dailys..
    Made a big pot of zero soup for the week, gonna have that for lunch evyday with melba toast (2pp) and nice healthy dinners..

I know its gonna sound bad but Thank God for mondays!! i seriously can control evything much better during the week!! Weekends are a continuous struggle these days!!

Hey laney!! great loss!! well done girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just had the most filling tasty brunch ever! Stuffed.

Had 4 medallions of bacon (2PP - bargain) 1 slice mccambridge (2PP) 2 egg whites fried in low cal spray (1PP) and small tin of beans (5PP). Total 10PP, leaving me 25PP for the day :) Going to snack on 0PP fruit and 0PP soup and then dinner with the OH tonight, can't wait.

Going to go for my walk now (plasters and thick socks to break the runners in), will let ya's know how I get on.

Thought having today and tomorrow off would be nightmare points wise but so far so good, i'm still on track. :) Have been really good so far (have 25 weeklies for dinner tonight and 25 dailies left) and have exercised every day but the scales aren't budging. I have been having sneaky looks and have an old scales not a digital one, dont know if that makes a difference. I will be devastated if i dont have a good number this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Just had the most filling tasty brunch ever! Stuffed.

Had 4 medallions of bacon (2PP - bargain) 1 slice mccambridge (2PP) 2 egg whites fried in low cal spray (1PP) and small tin of beans (5PP). Total 10PP, leaving me 25PP for the day :) Going to snack on 0PP fruit and 0PP soup and then dinner with the OH tonight, can't wait.

Going to go for my walk now (plasters and thick socks to break the runners in), will let ya's know how I get on.

Thought having today and tomorrow off would be nightmare points wise but so far so good, i'm still on track. :) Have been really good so far (have 25 weeklies for dinner tonight and 25 dailies left) and have exercised every day but the scales aren't budging. I have been having sneaky looks and have an old scales not a digital one, dont know if that makes a difference. I will be devastated if i dont have a good number this week!!

Just make sure your drinking enough water. You may be dehydrating the body more than you realise with all the exercise. The body needs 2 litres of water a day....but days of exercise you may need more water.

You sound like your doing great so far this week. I love the weeklies! Its great being able to live life and still be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

kashmir wrote: »
    Why did you only have two chips?

Well my plate came out with just the steak, mushrooms & onions but there was no free space so I said to myself Id eat some of that first before taken chips from the basket which was for a couple of us. The dinner was that gorgeous that I didnt stop eating it until it was gone! At this point though there was only 5chips left, grabbed 2 before my family could get their hands on them to finish off my sauce, was too stuffed for any more! Im not really a huge chip fan so didnt feel like I was depriving myself or anything..now if they were on my plate to begin with, it would have been a completely different story:)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Went and did grocery shopping yesterday so Id have ingredients for recipes on here, had planned on making muffins but got home and couldnt find my weighing scales, an excuse to buy the new WW one tomorrow! I did make the tomatoe & basil soup, didnt think Id like it at all because I like smooth soups but just had it with my lunch and its pretty nice! Hope to make the muffins tomorrow after WI:)

Happy Valentines Day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hey everyone.

I'm finding it hard to get back into ww since christmas. I'm not sure why really. I lost over 2st last year and put on 3.5lbs over christmas. I've lost the 3.5lbs since christmas and one extra pound. It's not a lot I know, but I can't seem to get into the right frame of mind.
    I quit smoking 6 weeks ago too so it might be something to do with that.

Anyway I was wondering how you know what your goal weight is?

I started last year at 13 st 11.5lbs (I'm 5'7") and I'm now at 11st 6lbs.

I know I have a way to go, but just wondering what I should make my target.

I'm thinking about 10.5 stone? I think I'd be happy with that, but I'm wondering what it would take to get my gold card?

Went shopping in TKMaxx at the weekend and was delighted to get some size 12 tops that fit! Makes the weight loss worthwhile.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Went on a baking rampage yesterday morning!!

Heart shaped wheat bran muffins, with strawberries! woo, yum!!!

Make the chocolate, raspberry cake! however, i tweaked the recipe, leaving out the raspberries, putting in orange extract, and baked as buns instead! OMG.. for the OH val's present.. it made 10 good sized buns so about 6 points each but worth it for a treat!

tried to make the orange sweetheart cookies, well i made the dough but was too sloppy to cut into shapes so just piped out and hoped for the best! turned out lovely..

Went on a baking rampage yesterday morning!!

Heart shaped wheat bran muffins, with strawberries! woo, yum!!!

Make the chocolate, raspberry cake! however, i tweaked the recipe, leaving out the raspberries, putting in orange extract, and baked as buns instead! OMG.. for the OH val's present.. it made 10 good sized buns so about 6 points each but worth it for a treat!

tried to make the orange sweetheart cookies, well i made the dough but was too sloppy to cut into shapes so just piped out and hoped for the best! turned out lovely..

wow very nice! your house must have smelt great all day!

well i didnt get a valentines day card.....but i did get a free coffee from the barman haha! :P i'll take coffee over a card anyday haha!

I think the real me is coming out more and more....they actually know me in the bar....before....yeah i would still come in....but i'd never make conversation with anyone...way too shy....but now i'll chat away have have a bit of "craic" with the staff :P.

It was one of my new year resolutions.....put my self out there more :D

I've actually kept all 3 of my resolutions so far

Lose weight!
    Save Money!
    Be more out going!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

So its almost like therapy this thread. Even though I don't know anybody on it, it just feels so good to unleash. After a complete meltdown yesterday and a counselling session from Eabha I feel so much better today. I think I freak out any time I eat something that feels like you shouldn't be eating it but then I remembered that is why I do WW. There are no restrictions with what you eat, although healthy eating is promoted, you can still eat the things you enjoy as long as you track it and stick to the program. So I am back on track today and looking forward to dinner already. Have no idea what I want! Thanks Eabha x:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

amira wrote: »
    well, here i am to confess my horrendous weekend!!
    the OH and myself decided to hit M&S to get that offer they had for Valentine's.. 25eur for starter, main, side, wine, dessert and a wee box of chocolates.. had it all!! OMG.. scallops in white wine sauce, stake with butter& herbs, garlic mushrooms, strawberry champagne suffle and rose cava.
    Dunno how many points that was, but for sure was over the weekelys + what i had left of the dailys.
    Not gonna go mental about it.. it was valentines celebration, one needs to have a break now and then..
    It wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt coz friday i had dipped into some of my weeklys already.. not many, but a few.. and yesterday we got a visit and i had a few crisps.. i never now how to point that, but i think i stayed within the dailys..
    Made a big pot of zero soup for the week, gonna have that for lunch evyday with melba toast (2pp) and nice healthy dinners..

I know its gonna sound bad but Thank God for mondays!! i seriously can control evything much better during the week!! Weekends are a continuous struggle these days!!

Hey laney!! great loss!! well done girl!!

I went to M&S and got the exact same things as you for tonight. I cannot wait.

Even though I used all my points on a night out over the weekend. I am just going to grin and bear and get walking. Im going to make sure I stick to my 30 points every day not a leaf is passing my lips without being tracked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

A horrible day in work yesterday, combined with the hangover from hell led me to get a chinese last night. Had already used most of my points from the day, and all my weeklies, so the day is pretty much a write off. Back to being good from today on.

Although, out of curiosity, does anybody know how many points would be in a 4 in 1 from the chinese? It was with chicken breast not chicken balls thankfully. But I think I need to shock myself by knowing the points to stop it happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

A free coffee is better than a valentines card, lady Lainy ;)

Well done for keeping your new years resolution! I've given up making them!lol!

I can't believe you were ever quiet...your always so full of life on here. U were saying before that you had thought about a career in media...I think you'd make a great columnist.

I've noticed, I've started dressing differently too. For example I put make up on just to meet my friend and have a nose in pennys!
    I think I'm starting to power dress in work too. For last few months have been wearing jeans in a lot of the time, which is grand coz the code is kinda smart cas. But I never feel that jeans are professional enough.
    Last couple of weeks, I've had heels on most days with smart trousers and I've even wore a dress on a couple of occasions.

Going to try zumba tonight for the first time, if I get home from work early enough. Any tips?

Oh and whoever bought new runners...I usually 'soften' the tips of the heel with a heavy object like a hammer before I wear them. Stops them cutting your heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all,

i have been back in ww since last september and was flying along as mad busy at the time in work and got into a great routine!! then my routine got changed and i seemed to be up and down every week...exercise slowed and think thats why its so up and down, also take aways crept back in!!

i have just 4 pounds to go to my goal and im at the lightest i can ever remember at 10st 8!! if i lose 2 this week i will be 1st 7 lost since sept!! i never miss a week or a meeting like i did in the past and really feel the benefit of it!! gone are the takeaway binges after the weigh in....think this has a lot to do with not living with my friends anymore....we corrupted each other constantly and then complained about how fat we were!! so now i only ahve myself to blame!!

i am sying to finally become a gold member after being in and out of ww since i was in school and have missed out on goal a few times!!

sorry for long post but anyone have any good motivation tips to push me thru and lose the last few please??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    hey all,

i am sying to finally become a gold member after being in and out of ww since i was in school and have missed out on goal a few times!!

sorry for long post but anyone have any good motivation tips to push me thru and lose the last few please??

A couple of people in my class brought this up a few months ago. Leader told how she had the very same issue, with the last 2 pounds before she got to gold. Her advice was basically to not worry about it (yeah sounds easy doesn't it!!!)
    Really though, the way she put it was if you don't have a loss, or its not enough, look for other bonusses, like getting the measuring tape out and seeing that you've lost a certain amount of inches, or trying on smaller clothes and fitting them, these are all just as important as the number on the scales and worth celebrating too.
    So if you concentrate on those milestones and continue doing what you're doing it will come eventually and you won't be beating yourself up about it!
    Another tip she gave for people who have STS and can't think why is to go back to old trackers from weeks that they have had a good loss, and try repeating that week.
    Hope this helps, and remember you have done fantastically to get this far so please give yourself a pat on the back and some time to get there!!
    Eimear x

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kickflips

Since ive joined the End of Oct start of Nov. ive lost 2 stones and half..
    so far so good managed to keep it off. and ive reached my target weight for my self.. so happy..

just wanted to say.. everyone so supportive on ere.. which is great :)

eimear1 wrote: »
    A couple of people in my class brought this up a few months ago. Leader told how she had the very same issue, with the last 2 pounds before she got to gold. Her advice was basically to not worry about it (yeah sounds easy doesn't it!!!)
    Really though, the way she put it was if you don't have a loss, or its not enough, look for other bonusses, like getting the measuring tape out and seeing that you've lost a certain amount of inches, or trying on smaller clothes and fitting them, these are all just as important as the number on the scales and worth celebrating too.
    So if you concentrate on those milestones and continue doing what you're doing it will come eventually and you won't be beating yourself up about it!
    Another tip she gave for people who have STS and can't think why is to go back to old trackers from weeks that they have had a good loss, and try repeating that week.
    Hope this helps, and remember you have done fantastically to get this far so please give yourself a pat on the back and some time to get there!!
    Eimear x
    thanks a mill eimear...defo will look back at my other weeks!!

so glad i have kept going to my class no matter what ever week as otherwise i would be a few stone!!

anyone know what the choc fudge brownue might be points wise in Milanos?
    spoilt myself a bit yest...it is valentines after all :)

kickflips wrote: »
    Since ive joined the End of Oct start of Nov. ive lost 2 stones and half..
    so far so good managed to keep it off. and ive reached my target weight for my self.. so happy..

just wanted to say.. everyone so supportive on ere.. which is great :)
    wow well done kickflips....thats a mot of weight and bet you feel and see the different!!

whats the biggest thing you feel has changed in your life or habits??

Well back from the walk. The runners still kill but not as much as they did yesterday. Wore plasters and the OH thick socks but half way through it was really hurting. When I got home I realised the plasters had been rubbed off :(

Going to try and find something in the house to try and soften the ankle area like kildareash suggested and then my mum suggested thick cotton wool with like bandage type plasters over it, just while I am trying to break them in plus 2 pairs of thick socks. I will be some sight but I just need to make these runners work haha after spending 65euro on them and they are so pretty.

@Lainy: Thanks for the water tip. I am really bad with water on my days off from work, like really bad. I drink 4 bottles a day at my desk when in work (well only started to in the last week or so to give me a boost). Is it ok to drink water with dilute? On my 2nd pint and find it much easier to drink than plain water.

While on the topic of water, does anyone think drinking a lot of water on weigh in day has an effect? I weigh in at 6pm so I couldn't go the whole day without drinking it but should I stop at about 2/3pm?

Sorry for the rant.

Happy Valentines to everybody :)

Oh and 1 of the valentines pressies... A LINDT CHOC BUNNIE!!! ahhhhhh, help, I have already eaten the head haha I put the rest in the fridge so hopefully I would forget about it.

Cant imagine how many points are in that, can anyone hazard a guess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

The runners still kill but not as much as they did yesterday. Wore plasters and the OH thick socks but half way through it was really hurting. When I got home I realised the plasters had been rubbed off :(

Hi if you put vaseline all over your feet, loads of it and then put on your socks and go for your run/walk it really help. However you'll have to let your feet heal first if they have been rubbed badly but the vaseline really works.
    The blister plasters from Compeed are also very good and you can leave them on for a few days as they are like a second skin over a blister.
    Good quality socks are also important if you are having lots of probs with your feet... hope you solve the problem soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

The runners still kill but not as much as they did yesterday. Wore plasters and the OH thick socks but half way through it was really hurting. When I got home I realised the plasters had been rubbed off :(

Hi if you put vaseline all over your feet, loads of it and then put on your socks and go for your run/walk it really help. However you'll have to let your feet heal first if they have been rubbed badly but the vaseline really works.
    The blister plasters from Compeed are also very good and you can leave them on for a few days as they are like a second skin over a blister.
    Good quality socks are also important if you are having lots of probs with your feet... hope you solve the problem soon :-)

I was writing exactly the same reply but you were faster!!

Defo the Campeed plasters are a god send!! the best ever for the feet! highly recomendable!
    And the vaseline, i heard that rubbing a bit of it in the shoe, in the area that rubs the skin, works in leather shoes, but not sure if it'd work for the runners..

hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

just popped in to wish everyone a happy valentines, i have a hot date to prepare for - funny how i found the love of my life at my biggest, I hope he is not a feeder cos if he is he is gonna be sooooo disappointed over the next months!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well Folks!! I am dreading my weigh in! 2mor morn at 10.30am, think of me and mourn haha

So far today Ive had a childs cup of veg soup and wholemeal toastie sambo with chicken, lettuce, tom and grated cheese! I kno its a million calories arghhhh

So for dinner im just gonna have strawberries, banana, kiwi, orange and pear in a salad! and WW hot choc.
    In saying that I will be going out tonight to walk the dogs with the OH along the beach and no doubt I will crave a bag of chips!! Is it reallyyyyyyyyy bad to have like 10 chips later on?!?

Fair play to everyone on their losses and keep up the fantastic work!!
    I am soooo jealous :-(

Monife wrote: »
    Well back from the walk. The runners still kill but not as much as they did yesterday. Wore plasters and the OH thick socks but half way through it was really hurting. When I got home I realised the plasters had been rubbed off :(

Going to try and find something in the house to try and soften the ankle area like kildareash suggested and then my mum suggested thick cotton wool with like bandage type plasters over it, just while I am trying to break them in plus 2 pairs of thick socks. I will be some sight but I just need to make these runners work haha after spending 65euro on them and they are so pretty.

@Lainy: Thanks for the water tip. I am really bad with water on my days off from work, like really bad. I drink 4 bottles a day at my desk when in work (well only started to in the last week or so to give me a boost). Is it ok to drink water with dilute? On my 2nd pint and find it much easier to drink than plain water.

While on the topic of water, does anyone think drinking a lot of water on weigh in day has an effect? I weigh in at 6pm so I couldn't go the whole day without drinking it but should I stop at about 2/3pm?

Sorry for the rant.

Happy Valentines to everybody :)

I always drink my water with dilute. As long as its sugar free its fine. Dunnes Summer Fruits is really nice and only 89c a bottle!

Yeah i say on your wi days stop drinking the water a couple of hrs before weight in...but take bottle to the meeting and drink it as soon as your off the scales to rehydrate your self.

kildareash wrote: »
    A free coffee is better than a valentines card, lady Lainy ;)

Well done for keeping your new years resolution! I've given up making them!lol!

I can't believe you were ever quiet...your always so full of life on here. U were saying before that you had thought about a career in media...I think you'd make a great columnist.

I've noticed, I've started dressing differently too. For example I put make up on just to meet my friend and have a nose in pennys!
    I think I'm starting to power dress in work too. For last few months have been wearing jeans in a lot of the time, which is grand coz the code is kinda smart cas. But I never feel that jeans are professional enough.
    Last couple of weeks, I've had heels on most days with smart trousers and I've even wore a dress on a couple of occasions.

Going to try zumba tonight for the first time, if I get home from work early enough. Any tips?

Oh and whoever bought new runners...I usually 'soften' the tips of the heel with a heavy object like a hammer before I wear them. Stops them cutting your heels.

LOL if i didnt have to answer to editors and what not...i'd be great :p haha.....but its mondo stressful having every single word your write critiqued and butchered hehe :)

I kinda treat this place as my blog....."sex & the weight watchers" haha!

A free coffee is definitely better than a card....especially when the coffee comes from a cute barman :P

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Hi all,

Quick question - what is Gold Member status and how do you get to it? I hear people talking about it the whole time but still don't know what it is :D

Well I got no card or pressie from the OH today, but he just rang to say he'd treat me to Indian for dinner... was planning to be an angel point-wise this week but it's Valentine's day so.....! Will drink buckets of water tomorrow to flush it all out then cross my fingers for WI on Wednesday evening. Been losing very little each week (still a loss though!) so was hoping for 1.5-2.0lbs this week - doubtful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

so would a few chips be awful later on before WI in morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone

had a lovely dinner tonight... chicken supreme with rice yummy:p!!! 10pp...
    here is recipe:
    Erin meal mix chicken supreme (2pp per portion made with low fat milk), 3 chicken fillets, onion, mushrooms, broccli and two boil in the bag uncle bens wholemeal rice (3pp per half bag der is loads in it)... worked out at 9.5pp per portion so made it up to 10pp per portion.. serves 4 people so i have dinner for me and OH tomarrow:D....

oh god i am dreading weigh in tomarrow nite i feel like i am going to be up:(...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

lil kc wrote: »
    So its almost like therapy this thread. Even though I don't know anybody on it, it just feels so good to unleash. After a complete meltdown yesterday and a counselling session from Eabha I feel so much better today. I think I freak out any time I eat something that feels like you shouldn't be eating it but then I remembered that is why I do WW. There are no restrictions with what you eat, although healthy eating is promoted, you can still eat the things you enjoy as long as you track it and stick to the program. So I am back on track today and looking forward to dinner already. Have no idea what I want! Thanks Eabha x:)

No problem hun. Glad you're back on track today. That's why WW is working for me is that I can have 'bad' foods as long as I'm within my points.

I may need therapy on Weds after WI because if I don't have a loss I think I'll cry. Propoints has been a mixed bag for me so far :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement