Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Mosers getepg v2 is out now and it works a treat on 5020 firmware.Very very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

carbsy wrote: »
    Mosers getepg v2 is out now and it works a treat on 5020 firmware.Very very quick.

I got this working yesterday. Pretty impressive, but it's missing out a load of channels (ITV HD among others)

I'm thinking that my channel list may not be 100%. Has anyone got a recent Astra FTA channel list that they can post?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Can you post a link to where i can find this "getepg v2" please?
    Using azopen epg at the moment but have to execute a load function every 2 days which is a bit annoying.
    Currently using firmware v. 9.4890 on an Elite.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Can you post a link to where i can find this "getepg v2" please?
    Using azopen epg at the moment but have to execute a load function every 2 days which is a bit annoying.
    Currently using firmware v. 9.4890 on an Elite.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

It's up here:
    http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=137848

You'll need to register on Satpimps to download it.

Read the whole thread as the instructions in the first post are not 100%

You need to put it into the exact location as stated.

v2.1 out now.I did notice though that some channels are missing a lot of programmes.I'll have to dig futher tomorrow when my brain is fresher.

• Advertisement

I should have mentioned that my missing channels have since shown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

stimpson wrote: »
    I should have mentioned that my missing channels have since shown up.

What was the problem with the missing channels?

shinobi wrote: »
    What was the problem with the missing channels?

After running getepg for the first time some of my channels had no information. Everything is fine now though - even STV HD which never showed any epg with AZOpen.

The EPG on my Ultra for RTE is funny.About 3 programmes today, 2 tomorrow etc.A bit more tinkering with my channel list me finks. ;)

The EPG on my Ultra for RTE is funny.About 3 programmes today, 2 tomorrow etc.A bit more tinkering with my channel list me finks. ;)

Doh! I didn't have XMLTV activated! :eek:

• Advertisement

Maybe someone could help me here.One thing I've not been able to resolve is when you go to channel guide/epg, the name of the channel (far left) is truncated so it's hard to know what channel in the epg you are looking at.Anyone been able to resolve this (without having to choose single epg).

Doh! I didn't have XMLTV activated! :eek:

What do you do to get XMLTV activated?
    Also what edits did you do to the getepg.conf file?

Thought I had it working at one stage but after a reboot I'm only getting now & next.:confused:

What do you do to get XMLTV activated?
    Also what edits did you do to the getepg.conf file?

Thought I had it working at one stage but after a reboot I'm only getting now & next.:confused:

I have it working perfectly now since I switched to XMLTV.For $ky UK I have the following lines in getepg.conf:

SkyUK xmltv 7 0 i1 0;11778000;1 y /DATA/hdb1/download/skyuk.epg

&

rytecxmltv_UK xmltv 2 0 x /DATA/hdb1/download/XMLTV/;http://www.rytec.be/tools/rytec.channels.xml.gz;http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvuk.gz y /DATA/hdb1/download/ryuk.epg

Note that I have an internal sata drive (hdb1) installed and am saving the epg data to this so you might have to alter this if your using the internal eeprom or usb etc.Also, 28.2 is my first satellite in dvbs.dat for me so this translates to 0 in the config - the 0 just before 11778000 above.Also, I have it set for 7 days epg.

Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

rytecxmltv_UK xmltv 2 0 x /DATA/hdb1/download/XMLTV/;http://www.rytec.be/tools/rytec.channels.xml.gz;http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvuk.gz y /DATA/hdb1/download/ryuk.epg

Hi carbsy... do you know of anyway to get the rytec xmltv plugin to work on XP (or on Linux) without being on an E2 or E1 box?

I have it working perfectly now since I switched to XMLTV.For $ky UK I have the following lines in getepg.conf:

SkyUK xmltv 7 0 i1 0;11778000;1 y /DATA/hdb1/download/skyuk.epg

&

Note that I have an internal sata drive (hdb1) installed and am saving the epg data to this so you might have to alter this if your using the internal eeprom or usb etc.Also, 28.2 is my first satellite in dvbs.dat for me so this translates to 0 in the config - the 0 just before 11778000 above.Also, I have it set for 7 days epg.

Hope this helps. :)

Stuck on Loading Epg after
    cd / PLUGINS / PanelKGD / epg
    . / DaemonEPG
    . / Getepg :(
    Have getepg, and getepg.conf DaemonEPG in new PanelKgd/epg folder with 755 permissions and S50epgKGD.sh in the DISk2/etc/ folder

Have followed this thread -http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=137848&page=4

Will have to go back to azopen i am afraid

Stuck on Loading Epg after
    cd / PLUGINS / PanelKGD / epg
    . / DaemonEPG
    . / Getepg :(
    Have getepg, and getepg.conf DaemonEPG in new PanelKgd/epg folder with 755 permissions and S50epgKGD.sh in the DISk2/etc/ folder

Have followed this thread -http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=137848&page=4

Will have to go back to azopen i am afraid

Did you remove the spaces in the paths like this:

cd /PLUGINS/PanelKGD/epg
    ./DaemonEPG
    ./Getepg

stimpson wrote: »
    Did you remove the spaces in the paths like this:

cd /PLUGINS/PanelKGD/epg
    ./DaemonEPG
    ./Getepg

Yeah it appears to start the process, tv goes black screen and Loading Epg is displayed but gets stuck on this. In Maz it says "Attempting to load Digital+ epg" or something like that.
    Will check the getepg.conf file too but just removed the applicable # symbols

I had that issue. Will take a look again this evening see if I can figure it out.

If you added a startup script try rebooting and see if that works.

Yeah it appears to start the process, tv goes black screen and Loading Epg is displayed but gets stuck on this. In Maz it says "Attempting to load Digital+ epg" or something like that.
    Will check the getepg.conf file too but just removed the applicable # symbols

In the getepg.conf file, remove the #at the start of the line which mentions skyuk & place the # in front of the line which mentions Digital+. The # tells the Box to ignore that line. Also see Carbsy's post about changing the location to hdb1 if for an internal HDD as opposed to using a Flash key to update the Rytec data.

Just a little note, the tv screen shouldn't go black etc if you are using the XMLTV option as it doesn't lock the tuner like the other options do as it's using the web to get the epg data.It's by far the best way imho.

*edit* You have to manually create the XMLTV folder in the place that you are going to store the data i.e. /DATA/hdb1/download/XMLTV is mine.Other wise the getepg falls over when using the XMLTV option.Moser didn't mention this in the nfo.

• Advertisement

Just a little note, the tv screen shouldn't go black etc if you are using the XMLTV option as it doesn't lock the tuner like the other options do as it's using the web to get the epg data.It's by far the best way imho.

*edit* You have to manually create the XMLTV folder in the place that you are going to store the data i.e. /DATA/hdb1/download/XMLTV is mine.Other wise the getepg falls over when using the XMLTV option.Moser didn't mention this in the nfo.

I've Hashed out the internet XMLTV option. I tried doing both at different stages & the box would display for >3Hrs displaying "Updating epg" when using the internet XMLTV line. But the satellite update works perfect.:D

I've Hashed out the internet XMLTV option. I tried doing both at different stages & the box would display for >3Hrs displaying "Updating epg" when using the internet XMLTV line. But the satellite update works perfect.:D

I spose what ever works :) I'm using an Ultra.I know the use the same firmware but... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

in the thread about enigma 2 for the Azbox on satpimps, latest posts say that a stable beta version will be released in a few days.

looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    in the thread about enigma 2 for the Azbox on satpimps, latest posts say that a stable beta version will be released in a few days.

Pre-announcement for loading Enigma 2 in AzBox HD Elite / Premium devices by USB Memory stick and this method is 100000% RISK FREE !!! As the new beta image will follow in next hour(s) .
    :)
    fingers X

Excellent news. Even beta is bound to be less buggy than the opensat crap. Wouldnt be a bad box if the firmware was reliable.

tapfit2004 wrote: »

Will Enigma2 solve the problem of watch one tuner while recording from another tuner on the standard AZ Premium HD?
    I know its open source firmware but thats about all I know about it.
    Any other good/different features it offers compared to the standard Open Sat firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Will Enigma2 solve the problem of watch one tuner while recording from another tuner on the standard AZ Premium HD?
    I know its open source firmware but thats about all I know about it.
    Any other good/different features it offers compared to the standard Open Sat firmware?

From what I can gather its the hardware that stops this happening in the elite and premium so e2 software won't help with the original tuners but it might be possible to use a usb tuner alongside the original tuner and this might sort the problem.

this is speculation on my part based on stuff I've read on the Dm800 and similar Dreambox models.

I've a premium plus but its hit and miss depending on the channels you're trying to record and watch. Opensats firmware leaves a lot to be desired after 2 years.

Roll on e2 at least we'll have a choice.

Apparently you can watch one and record one if they are on the same transponder. The big win with E2 is the fact that it's open and likely to be far more stable than the standard one. It might just stop me from flogging my box on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Meh,
    Everything I need on the box is catered for fine with the existing firmware........
    No problems whatsoever at this point. Even ccam is really stable on the latest firmware.
    Another firmware, while welcome as another option from some, won't solve the main "problems" that most appear to complain about with the box.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Meh,
    Everything I need on the box is catered for fine with the existing firmware........
    No problems whatsoever at this point. Even ccam is really stable on the latest firmware.
    Another firmware, while welcome as another option from some, won't solve the main "problems" that most appear to complain about with the box.

I found cccam extremely buggy on the latest firmware but the latest Multicas (v1.62E-B01) is rock rock solid on my Ultra and I've been very impressed with it.

Advertisement