Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

After /DATA/usb1/sda1/newEPG/bin then ./azboxepg -l at the AZBox[bin]$ prompt i get the following message

-sh: ./azboxepg: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

yes you need cd before it..
    cd /DATA/usb1/sda1/newEPG/bin

then:
    ./azboxepg -l

also right click and chmod bin folder and newEPG folder 755..

i had this problen with a friends azbox elite, as i'm using internal drive i had no problems..

Not sure if this will sort it, perhaps if BPMURRAY sees this he can suggest another way to install/execute using a usb pen??

downwiththatsor, i asked on saorTV forum and the following was suggested before you install anything..

Antosat recomends :
    The USB stick needs to be EXT formatted from the AZBox for this to work properly. Then the permissions need to be set to 755.

Hopefully this will sort your permission issue and get epg program working..

Again many thanks,
    Will i just need to cut the newEPG Folder format the usb pen and then paste back? Will windows recognise / allow use of an ext formatted pen?
    will try it tonight and let you know how i get on.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Again many thanks,
    Will i just need to cut the newEPG Folder format the usb pen and then paste back? Will windows recognise / allow use of an ext formatted pen?
    will try it tonight and let you know how i get on.

Regards

No EXT is linux format and wont be recognised in Windows. But you can use FTP from your Windows machine to get access to the USB stick via the AZBox file structure. Timeshift works much better to USB sticks that are EXT formatted also I have found.

• Advertisement

Could i transfer the newEPG folder to somewhere on the azbox file structure using FTP then format the usb pen in ext and transfer the folder back to the usb pen using FTP?
    Would this be the most efficient method to format the drive and move the files?

Could i transfer the newEPG folder to somewhere on the azbox file structure using FTP then format the usb pen in ext and transfer the folder back to the usb pen using FTP?
    Would this be the most efficient method to format the drive and move the files?

Put the USB Key into the AZBox and format from the settings menu. Then connect to your AZBox via FTP. Navigate to /DATA/usb1/ which is your USB key or /DATA/usb2/ depending on which port you put in the AZBox. You can then drop the EPG folder structure into the USB key from the PC via the FTP program. aFter that you need to give 755 file permissions to all files copied also from the FTP application. It should run ok after this.

Thanks guys, 2 day EPG successfully loaded after formatting as suggested, tried to load sky germany epg too for 19.2 channels but no joy yet, bar removing the hash symbol before Sky germany in the azepgmgr.conf file is there anything else required?
    Happy enough with the 28.2 epg anyway.
    Regards

Removing the hash should be all you have to do alright..
    Glad you got epg working, wrecked my head for weeks before I got it sorted properly..

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

theres a post on satpimps about enigma. the ripper seems to have got it to boot on the azbox. here's a youtube link to it

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9dV0Weu7Vk

hope its the real deal. lots of people saying its not but they dont come up with anything, even a script, to improve the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Enigma 2 on the AzBox is a reality!
    http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=135894

Still in early days, satellite tuner not working. But it's a step in the right direction.

Hi guys,

Anyone having a problem with an intermittent "No signal" problem with ITV4? All other channels on the same transponder are ok and sometimes i can view it?
    I am using Firmware Version 0.94890.
    If i update my firmware to solve the bug will the EPG work with Firmware Version's 0.94923 and/or 0.94931?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Hi,

AzBox Premium, F/W 4991 (latest 21/07/2010), previous 4931.

Internet connection via eircom BB, using Homeplug.

Was working OK, but have not tried for a long time, so not sure if related to latest F/EW's (as above).

When I go to YouTube, on either FW, getting YouTube interface, can select various catagories, etc, but getting

Please wait!
    Connecting...

All the time...................

not playing YouTube videos.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, IP

It's a bug with this firmware, so it doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

psham wrote: »
    It's a bug with this firmware, so it doesn't work

Thanks psham,

I see there are posts relating to this bug on the official(ha ha) AzBox site forum.

http://forum.azbox.com/index.php/topic,669.0.html

(Log-on required).

I really think that it is time to visit a skip with this piece of crap, which seems to have no support whatsoever.

Every F/W update seems to re-create bugs which were allegedly solved in previous F/W.

The so-called integrated web-browser is a joke, the media player is no great shakes either.

The EPG is also a joke.

not to mention the dual tuner fiasco with the Premium box, watch one record another!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

New firmware 0.9.5006 is out, apparently it fixes the youtube glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kav28

Hi

I have an Azbox Premium HD receiver. I have it connected via an ethernet cable to a netopia modem and I've also tried to connect it through the wireless connection to the modem.

On the Setup page - internet- wired network (selected)- dynamic (selected) then I select 'Setup', connecting icon appears, then connection failed messgae.

Or I select the wifi option, searches, finds the modem, back to set up connection, connecting, then fails to connect again.

I've tried the static IP with details, no luck either.
    I'm doing something simple wrong and cannot figure out what it is, anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Kav28 wrote: »
    Hi

I have an Azbox Premium HD receiver. I have it connected via an ethernet cable to a netopia modem and I've also tried to connect it through the wireless connection to the modem.

On the Setup page - internet- wired network (selected)- dynamic (selected) then I select 'Setup', connecting icon appears, then connection failed messgae.

Or I select the wifi option, searches, finds the modem, back to set up connection, connecting, then fails to connect again.

I've tried the static IP with details, no luck either.
    I'm doing something simple wrong and cannot figure out what it is, anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

What firmware version are you on. First thing to do is upgrade to the latest fw which can be found here http://fw.azupd.com (curently 5006)

You can download the .bin file to a USB stick, put in one of the USB ports, reboot the box from the switch at the rear and follow the instructions

Some people fine the Wifi fiddly but hardwired should work no problem to a corrently setup router. Has your router got DHCP enabled? If so then Wired Network/Dunamic should work no problem. Could it be the cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kav28

I'm on firmware version 0.92238 TD210SP

I haven't updated the software since I purchased the receiver. If I update it could it affect my diseq motor settings?

I'm using a netopia router, software 7.7.0r3. DHCP is enabled. My laptop works perfect either connected by wire of wireless.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭tippgaafan

Is the EPG working for the Irish DTT channels ? I can receive signals from Mt. Leinster,Cairn Hill and 3 Rock but no EPG on any on them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

tippgaafan wrote: »
    Is the EPG working for the Irish DTT channels ? I can receive signals from Mt. Leinster,Cairn Hill and 3 Rock but no EPG on any on them..

I get the EPG from Truskmore

Kav28 wrote: »
    I'm on firmware version 0.92238 TD210SP

I haven't updated the software since I purchased the receiver. If I update it could it affect my diseq motor settings?

I'm using a netopia router, software 7.7.0r3. DHCP is enabled. My laptop works perfect either connected by wire of wireless.

Thanks

0.9.2238 is ancient...you should definitely upgrade. Is your motor USALS? If so then just leave it parked on 28.2 and when you upgrade ensure you set the lat and longitude on USALS setting in 28.2 before rescanning (the setting is inherited for all sats and the motor should move fine)

tippgaafan wrote: »

I'm getting epg from ciarn hill..

I only getting EPG on TV3 on 794 MHZ. No picture. Just EPG with "Test transmission" No EPG on any other frequencies. Think I might try a factory reset ! Firmware is 4890.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

TV3 is no longer broadcast. Maybe a rescan is in order

I am aware that TV3 is no longer broadcast. There is a test signal in its place with an EPG stating "RTE NL Test transmission". I have rescanned and this is the only channel which shows an EPG. The remaining channels are perfect except that the EPG contains "No Information".

Did a factory reset. EPG now working on all channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I bought the Azbox Ultra HD from the states.I only got it for the hardware blindscan and 4:2:2 feeds.Initially I thought it was great but bloody hell it nearly broke my melt! Just a heads up for other Azbox users - I found it doesn't crash/hang/do weird **** if you actually manually (on the box itself - don't use any pc software) delete every pre configured satellite (bar 1 as it crashes then).It takes about 20 or 30 mins.Then add in the 1st sat that you want.Then delete the other sat so your left with just the one you want, then reboot.

Once you have rebooted, you can then do a full blindscan on your newly added sat.Then reboot and add another etc.

This is the only way I found to keep this box ticking over perfectly.It really is a great STB but it just needs a caring hand. ;)

P.S. Also the blindscan feature would not work properly until I removed all the pre configured sats and manually added the ones I wanted, it kept skipping frequencies.

P.P.S. The lower the quality (not SNR) level, the longer the blindscan time.It took me nearly 2 hours to blindscan 4.8e (4.8e,13e and 19.2e on a triax multi bracket on a TD88 dish) where as just under 20mins to blinscan 13e.

P.P.P.S ;) Forgot to add that I'm using the 5020 firmware.

Anyhow, just to to give a bit of advice to anyone else who bought one! Happy viewing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Hi all,

Having some problems with the EPG.
    Followed the instructions here.
    http://azopen.sourceforge.net/

All went well until I tried to set the automatic updated.

AZBox[bin]$ ./azboxepg -a
    _azepgmgr ver 1.8
    unlink fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: No such file or directory
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_Load:354 mismatch version(10,9) Fail to read the channel_list to '/DISK2/all_channel.dat'
    ########################################################################################
    [AZBoxTVSDK] die(1387): signal 11 during cleanup, exiting unclean!
    [AZBoxTVSDK] DATE : Thu Sep 9 15:44:04 2010
    ########################################################################################
    [AZBoxTVSDK] die : caught signal 11, cleaning up...

Also for 7 Day EPG

AZBox[bin]$ ./azboxepg -d 7
    _azepgmgr ver 1.8
    ERROR: TVSDK_GetEvent:317 event.cmd 11
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:767 Fail to open '/DISK2/DVBC.dat'
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:767 Fail to open '/DISK2/ISDBT.dat'
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:767 Fail to open '/DISK2/ATSC.dat'
    ERROR: TVSDK_GetEvent:317 event.cmd 12
    ERROR: TVSDK_GetEvent:307 timeout !! cmd 0x11
    ERROR: TVSDK_Geteit_info:610 fail to receive 11
    ERROR: get_event_char:86 0
    ERROR: TVSDK_GetEvent:317 event.cmd 12
    ERROR: TVSDK_GetEvent:307 timeout !! cmd 0x11
    ERROR: TVSDK_Geteit_info:610 fail to receive 11
    ERROR: get_event_char:86 0
    Caught signal 2 - cleaning up ...
    ERROR: TVSDK_GetEvent:307 timeout !! cmd 0x16
    ERROR: TVSDK_SaveEPGInfo:1462 fail to receive 16
    Loaded 422 events, saved -1

Not sure if I need the SDK installed or even how I go about installing it.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

PS Running Firmware 0.9.5020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Alls working fine now after backstepping to firmware 0.9.5006 was using 0.9.5020.

Advertisement