Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

gtg60 wrote: »
    Make sure your USB stick is formatted in FAT and rename the firmware as patch.bin
    derek_c wrote: »
    Make sure the file on the memory stick is called patch.bin

Sussed, upgrading as I type.

Many thanks.:):):)

Subtitles keep coming on, I switch them off, move channel and they're back:(

Any views?:confused:

Thanks JD

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Greenman wrote: »
    Subtitles keep coming on, I switch them off, move channel and they're back:(

Any views?:confused:

Thanks JD

Turn Subtitles on in different language

joe250 wrote: »
    Turn Subtitles on in different language

Can't do that.

Maybe new firmware install??:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

You have to turn off subtitles in Home->Settings->Language to have them off by default. Otherwise you have to turn them off on every channel.

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    You have to turn off subtitles in Home->Settings->Language to have them off by default. Otherwise you have to turn them off on every channel.

Thats sorted thanks.

Now to the 4:2:2 feeds, what is the modulation setting?

Thanks JD.

BUMP please.
    Greenman wrote: »
    Thats sorted thanks.

Now to the 4:2:2 feeds, what is the modulation setting?

Thanks JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Just experiment with different combinations of Modulation, FEC and Pilot On/Off settings, they can vary from feed to feed.

There are some websites that track the live feeds listing the settings..dont have the links here.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Here is another one, not far from yourself.;)
    sat-benelux.nl

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Folks,

Looking for advice. I'm looking to hook my Azbox Elite up to my wireless network ( i already have a Premium).
    Can anyone tell me to the best of their knowledge whether this Wireless adaptor would work?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055841330

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

you would be better off hard wiring it.. If its not possible due to where router is try using av home plugs..
    Even with the premium azbox, the wireless interface is crap and rarely works in my experience..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

psham wrote: »
    you would be better off hard wiring it.. If its not possible due to where router is try using av home plugs..
    Even with the premium azbox, the wireless interface is crap and rarely works in my experience..

I have to say that the wireless interface on my AZBOX Premium is perfect and hasn't given me any bother for a long, long time. I did have some problems on earlier firmware releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

taung wrote: »
    I have to say that the wireless interface on my AZBOX Premium is perfect and hasn't given me any bother for a long, long time. I did have some problems on earlier firmware releases.

Yep agree with above, on the Premium the Wireless is working fine, a couple of firmware upgrades sorted out the few remaining bugs.
    The Elite I have is too far away form the router/modem so I need a wireless adaptor. I've looked into the homeplugs but they are pricey (€60/€70) whereas I was thinking of the cheaper option of the usb wireless adaptor ( the link above).

What homeplugs are you's using lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Superfin wrote: »
    Yep agree with above, on the Premium the Wireless is working fine, a couple of firmware upgrades sorted out the few remaining bugs.
    The Elite I have is too far away form the router/modem so I need a wireless adaptor. I've looked into the homeplugs but they are pricey (€60/€70) whereas I was thinking of the cheaper option of the usb wireless adaptor ( the link above).

What homeplugs are you's using lads?
    I dont think the box supports a USB wireless adapter to be honest.
    The homeplugs are pretty pricy as you have to buy a pair at least. How about a wireless bridge/accesspoint? Something like this:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=575834
    or the linksys one on the same site?

You can just hardwire the azbox into the bridge and let that do the wireless connection. Cheaper than the home plugs anyway.

I have a few of these in the house...great value at 25eurish. This is the 200mbit version even though the listing says 100mbit (have bought from this seller)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/LINKSYS-PLE200-WIRELESS-HomePlug-NETWORK-BRIDGE-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ290408034331QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Networking_SM?hash=item439daaf01b

Homeplug is the way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Great to see EPG service now working for this thanks to bpmurray.

Details on http://saortv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=405

Has been rumored for a while but reliable sources now confirming that a first release of Enigma 2 firmware for AZbox will be made available to the public at the end of this week.

Has been rumored for a while but reliable sources now confirming that a first release of Enigma 2 firmware for AZbox will be made available to the public at the end of this week.

......I'm skeptical
    I'm relatively happy with what I got at the moment, barring the EPG and lately hanging when playing certain video files (since a recent update), the slow USB/LAN speeds and lack of back up option.

I wonder will EPG mean a new lease of life for this box?

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    ......I'm skeptical
    I'm relatively happy with what I got at the moment, barring the EPG and lately hanging when playing certain video files (since a recent update), the slow USB/LAN speeds and lack of back up option.

I wonder will EPG mean a new lease of life for this box?

I was too Kippy but some serious AZBox developers like kanber_kav on satpimps have confirmed 28/3 as a release date. He would have bee a strong skeptic on Enigma for AZBox and also a strong Opensat critic but would also have connections with the Enigma development teams.

This is not to say that Eingma 2 initially will be better than what we have in the default firmware but at least it is another choice for users.

I was too Kippy but some serious AZBox developers like kanber_kav on satpimps have confirmed 28/3 as a release date. He would have bee a strong skeptic on Enigma for AZBox and also a strong Opensat critic but would also have connections with the Enigma development teams.

This is not to say that Eingma 2 initially will be better than what we have in the default firmware but at least it is another choice for users.

Indeed, options are good. And developer support will be critical.
    Lets hope all goes as planned.

Latest info is that there will be a release on Sunday.

looks like it is a hybrid between the original firmware and e2 with e2 modules for TV replacing the AZBox TV pieces. The original firmware for mediaplayer etc to remain in place.

We will see :)

Latest info is that there will be a release on Sunday.

looks like it is a hybrid between the original firmware and e2 with e2 modules for TV replacing the AZBox TV pieces. The original firmware for mediaplayer etc to remain in place.

We will see :)
    Did this release happen? If so any first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

No release yet. A lot of talk but nothing out. Looks like there will be a lot of development needed before it will be available & stable.

Yes, a bit disappointing. Seems to be a few weeks off at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

Noticed today that pixmania are listing the AZBOX receivers, however not listed under sound and vision, but listed as a multimedia hard drives.

Home > Computing > Computing > Storage > Multimedia hard drives > AZBOX

Just go to their site and and put azbox in search window, prices seem to be very competitive.

Tuner is even €10 cheaper that what I paid for my one when purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

can anyone tell me what the quality of the youtube videos is like. Can you save them to the hard drive to replay again, say for a party. Thinking of getting one v soon. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

Quality of YouTube is excellent , and no you can't save to harddrive using the azbox. You can however save YouTube videos using youtubekeep.com to your PC and then transfer them accros to azbox hardrive to watch later for your party .. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

psham wrote: »
    Quality of YouTube is excellent , and no you can't save to harddrive using the azbox. You can however save YouTube videos using youtubekeep.com to your PC and then transfer them accros to azbox hardrive to watch later for your party .. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Thats what I wanted, defo going to get one now. Anywhere in Dublin stock them ?.

:)

Advertisement