Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

stimpson wrote: »
    It is indeed great news. I might hook it up to try one last time before I bung it on adverts.ie

I advise anyone trying this to turn off Hardware Acceleration on their Azbox Firmware before attempting the upgrade. It seems that there are still no DVB-T drivers for E2. I would imagine a lot of boxes in Ireland came with a Terrestrial tuner, so you'll need to disconnect your DVB-T tuner before installing.

Yeah, Would Ideally like to have DVB-T & recording working before I switch to E2. I know it's only a matter of time either ways.
    Anyway, If anyone has any screen shots of the menus etc, I'd appreciate it if someone could post some.

Great work by the guys on satpimps, agree 100% with GTG60 also.
    Should make a great STB once they have the small fixes rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

shinobi wrote: »
    Yeah, Would Ideally like to have DVB-T & recording working before I switch to E2. I know it's only a matter of time either ways.
    Anyway, If anyone has any screen shots of the menus etc, I'd appreciate it if someone could post some.

Great work by the guys on satpimps, agree 100% with GTG60 also.
    Should make a great STB once they have the small fixes rectified.

It looks like the E2 project will make it into a decent little box, but the lack of promised twin tuner support soured the whole experience for me.

I invested in a Humax FoxSat because the missus was pissed off with me forever tweaking the Azbox. Twin HD tuner, excellent EPG and proper plug and play meant I could actually sit back and watch some TV for a change. My only issue is the inability to copy HD recordings off the box. Not being able to stumble across Pat Kenny/ Mirriam O'Callaghan/Ryan Tubridy over the last couple of months was an unexpected bonus though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi again,

Have had some success with recording using an external hd formatted by my elite in ext2.
    However have issues with being unable to stop recordings once started and some scheduled recordings not finishing, both requiring a reboot and the subsequent loss of the recording?
    Running 0.9.5020 firmware now, any suggestions anyone?
    Have not even tried timeshift as yet.

Regards

Hi there,

Have been attempting to record to a usb stick formated by the azbox elite using firware 0.9.4923, i can see the recordings in File Manager and through Maz but not in Recorded programs?
    There are only .tmp and .tmp.idx files in the recordfile folder as seen in filemanager usb2, these wont playback.
    Any help would be appreciated thanks

Got my timeshift, recording sorted, even have motor on a td88 thanks to a very kind local expert.
    Anyway he has a premium and put e2 on it today, he wasnt happy with the audio etc and attempted to reinstall firmware which has resulted in his box frozen on reboot?
    Any advice that anyone can offer him?
    Regards all

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Anyway he has a premium and put e2 on it today, he wasnt happy with the audio etc and attempted to reinstall firmware which has resulted in his box frozen on reboot?
    Any advice that anyone can offer him?
    try here

http://forum.azbox-enigma.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=379
    &
    http://forum.azbox-enigma.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=430

what exactly happened ?

• Advertisement

jimmyjim11 wrote: »

Thanks jimmy,
    this is what he told me "I have managed to **** the box. I got E2 on it, but the sound, when there was any was rubbish, so i tried to reinstall original firmware and now the box is stuck in reboot nothing I do makes any difference."

Will read up on your link now.

Cheers

Thanks jimmy,
    this is what he told me "I have managed to **** the box.
    Cheers
    :) i know that feeling managed to get it back with one of these
    and yamon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

You only need an rs232 lead if the display isn't showing the IP address. In fact you'll probably need a USB to ttl rather than an rs232.

I used this guide to revive my box

http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=141544

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Honestly lads, a usable safe E2 is still a good bit away, IMHO do not bother with it until that time, there are plenty of posts on Satpimps on how/ what it looks like, leave it up to them to test! :D

• Advertisement

gtg60 wrote: »
    Honestly lads, a usable safe E2 is still a good bit away, IMHO do not bother with it until that time, there are plenty of posts on Satpimps on how/ what it looks like, leave it up to them to test! :D

Thanks all for the suggestions guys, looks like its better to stay well away from E2 at the moment, will relay the info provided.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

I tried it last night and the sound was awlful, but it is early days and I am sure they will have it sorted soon enough, Rome and all that. Unfortunately I have messed my box up, it is stuck on boot and will not read a USB stick, though it does power the stick, it is one that lights up. Anyone with any suggestions as to how I might sort my box out would be very much appreciated and welcome.

The box is the Premier and has the T tuner, great pics from all the local stations using it.

In another post someone said about using the T tuner in E2, I can tell them that it is not to be seen in E2 yet, but I am sure it will be sorted in the long run.

Regards Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It is indeed great news. I might hook it up to try one last time before I bung it on adverts.ie

I advise anyone trying this to turn off Hardware Acceleration on their Azbox Firmware before attempting the upgrade. It seems that there are still no DVB-T drivers for E2. I would imagine a lot of boxes in Ireland came with a Terrestrial tuner, so you'll need to disconnect your DVB-T tuner before installing.
    kerrywez wrote: »
    I tried it last night and the sound was awlful, but it is early days and I am sure they will have it sorted soon enough, Rome and all that. Unfortunately I have messed my box up, it is stuck on boot and will not read a USB stick, though it does power the stick, it is one that lights up. Anyone with any suggestions as to how I might sort my box out would be very much appreciated and welcome.

The box is the Premier and has the T tuner, great pics from all the local stations using it.

In another post someone said about using the T tuner in E2, I can tell them that it is not to be seen in E2 yet, but I am sure it will be sorted in the long run.

Regards Wez

I thought from what I read before that E2 would not install unless you physically removed the terrestial tuner but obviously you got it to install. I don't know if it would help to remove it now but you could give it a try.

My Premium has the T tuner as well so I will wait until it is supported before trying E2. I think recording is not supported yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Folks,

Im running a premium on 5020 with an external hdd and I keep getting the 'file type not supported' message every time I try to record, try the timeshift or try to play a saved recording. Does anyone know the solution? Upgraded from 5006 last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Superfin wrote: »
    Folks,

Im running a premium on 5020 with an external hdd and I keep getting the 'file type not supported' message every time I try to record, try the timeshift or try to play a saved recording. Does anyone know the solution? Upgraded from 5006 last weekend.

External hard disk may need to be formatter as FAT32 I think, or Linux format EXT3.

Just an update on my box, I manged, with the help of a friend, to get it back again. I will not be going down the road of E2 till it is well sorted and not in the beta stage. I have had dreamboxes and know a bit about FTP and Telnet and I was at the limit of what little I have getting the AZBox back to life.

Best wishes and good luck to all and the seasons greetings Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm currently using the DS team's version of the latest RTI beta and it's rock solid for me so far.I'm very impressed.No more lag when trying to navigate the menus etc like the official firmware. :)

Have tried it and it stuck with 100 showing on the display, I could not do a thing with it except reboot it, but that was the only key that worked on the remote might be to do with the fact that I have twin tuners, on T and one S. I reinstalled the firmware which I had on it before. I will keep checking for a newer E2 Image for it though.

Seasons greetings to all Wez

kerrywez wrote: »
    Have tried it and it stuck with 100 showing on the display, I could not do a think with it except reboot it, but that was the only key that worked on the remote might be to do with the face that I have twin tuners, on T and one S. I reinstalled the firmware which I had on it before. I will keep checking for a newer E2 Imahe for it though.

Think you should remove T tuner for better install ;)

Think you should remove T tuner for better install ;)

Might just do that as the T tuner is no good with E2 anyway is it? I was not picking up the digital local channels since I have the disaster with E2 the first time round, but they did work great before then and I was so glad as we do not get them in this location in their analogue versions. Many thanks for the reply, I cannot do anything just now as the TV is not mine, I am not allowed to mess with the box except when I am not on my own, but tomorrow will be fine.

• Advertisement

Hi I manged to get everything working, but cannot find a way to get Cccam on the image to allow my CS to work, any help or advice would be very welcome and appreciated.

I have scanned all the sats into the box, have not found a way to save any channels to favorites yet. The sound problem has been eliminated now and all works fine with a few stutters and freezes, but I am very happy with it overall.

Seasons greetings Wez

For anyone interested I have eventually found the solution to installing Cccam go here and follow the instructions, not sure if the reboot method works as I used telnet to do the change http://azbox-enigma.webs.com/enigma2tools.htm

I have only managed to try Sly but all are working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Am selling my AZBOX Premium HD.

Anyone interested

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/azbox-premium-hd/394605

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

RTi core RC2 Enigma 2

Change Log :
    - New drivers from 15.01.2011
    - New kernel 2.6.22-19 from 15.01.2011
    - Recording ( Test phase )
    - DVB Subtitles
    - Fixed problem with HD Channels on 23.5 E ( We need confirmation for 1w and 30w HD channels )
    - Standby fix
    - Added Deinterlace settings in A/V Settings
    - Added Welcome wizzard.py
    - Some fixes in Multimedia part
    - Several main fixes in enigma2 and .py files which improve overall Stability

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu

Hi all I have managed to mess my box again. It got stuck on boot and I went about reflashing it and could not find the recovery how to I had used the last time, because my great 3 broadband would not work for me. I did try to get it back using a method which would not work for me before and it would not work this time either, in the end one of the wires came free and I joined it again, all the wires seem to be Ok and they are defiantly connected right, but when I go to connect to the box not, using the usb cable and Yamon console, when I try to connect I get what you can see in the screen grab I have attached to this post, I know that there are some guys who will understand what it is telling me, but I have not got a clue, any suggestions or help will be most welcome and appreciated.

Regards Wez

Check that the com settings of your terminal program are correct. They should be in the document I referenced earlier.

Check that the com settings of your terminal program are correct. They should be in the document I referenced earlier.

Hi many thanks for your reply. I have the settings set to 115200 for speed and I have the port set right to the best of my knowledge. The thing did work before I discovered the wire had parted. I shall check again tomorrow. the TV is being watched at the moment and it is a bit difficult to get anything done whilst it is on. I did uninstall the drivers several time and got different Ports it most times and tried that. I have tried to read the return by changing the hex to dec, but it is not hex, not that I can figure anyway.

Thanks again and good luck Wez

Been trying most of the day, but still no joy and I have been chatting to OpenSat, via email, I did phone them, but the guy would not chat to me on the phone said I had to email them, fat lot of good that did me, they replied that as E2 was not an officially supported image they would not be fixing the box under warranty, I explained that I did not expect them to do that, all I wanted was some place where I could get it fixed, or the schematic for the box and I could have it fixed by a friend. They have just replied to me again and told me to take it to the dealer, I bought the box on here from a guy I do not even know and do not know where he got the box from, so what good is telling me that. They do not seem to want to say or do very much to help, very poor support I have to say. If anyone on here has the schematic and could let me have it, I can get my friend, who is a fully qualified electronics engineer, but he is not able to do anything till he has it.

For any body interested this is their official web site, it says support on there, but not much of it sad to say http://www.azbox-digital.com/index.php?id=1

Best regards Wez

Did you use the guide from here:

http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=141544

I think your problem is down to the COM settings. I recall seeing somehting similar when mine weren't 100%. I'd double check against the document linked.

• Advertisement

Thanks again mate, I have tried everything I could think of today. I will attach what I did glean from one of the guides I was reading, whilst it is not quite the same as the earlier return I got from Putty it is near enough, the only thing is that my return does not say anything about no power, which I think is the clincher in the attached, I have just copied it and will paste it here. There must be someone who is good enough at working with Linux and could understand what my return means, just not found them yet.

If your Azbox only display this in Putty:
    xosPe0 serial#afb47efe68cceef4f95c03f6bf65836f subid 0x50
    xenv cs2 failed
    xenv cs3 failed¡øpower supply: ok
    dram0 ok (8)
    zboot (1) failed
    This procedure cannot help you, you need to send back your Azbox for repair.

I really hope that my box is not as bad as this guy says here, because I do not think that OpenSat give a hoot about you once they have got your money. Thanks again and I will have a look at what is in the link.

Best regards Wez

Advertisement