Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had issues this evening. Went to rewind live tv and timeshift was set to off so it hadn't been recording. Turned it on and paused. Came back half an hour later and it refused to play. Arghh.

Roll on E2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

stimpson wrote: »
    I had issues this evening. Went to rewind live tv and timeshift was set to off so it hadn't been recording. Turned it on and paused. Came back half an hour later and it refused to play. Arghh.

Roll on E2.

I can relate to this.I recorded a show on BBC last week.I went to play it back tonight (I played it last night too) and the subtitles button didn't work even though it worked fine when I replayed it yesterday.I'm using the Ultra so I can't speak for the other models but the main reason I bought it was to play 4:2:2 feeds and hardware blindscan which it does very well so tbh I'm very happy with it.

I know there are many bugs still in the firmware but I kind of enjoy trying to work around them.I know it sounds sad but that's me! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

anyone tried Enigma 2 for AzBox HD Elite/Premium :)

Solaris10 wrote: »
    anyone tried Enigma 2 for AzBox HD Elite/Premium :)

I don't think the beta is out yet. Last te I looked they were working on the audio and video drivers. If there is a build out in the next couple of weeks I'll try it once I'm convinced it won't brick my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

it's just a pre beta no video yet can scan for channels etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    it's just a pre beta no video yet can scan for channels etc

Yup, I shall be waiting for at least the beta before I flash the E2.. judging by all the user posts on satpimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

New dvbs2 tuner driver to be released tonight to allow the last released test version of e2 show audio and video, according to satpimps.

I don't know if this is working for the premium plus tuner, but should be working for the premium and elite models.

I've a plus but I might give it a bash later anyway.

Only working with free channels so far.

New video driver just posted. It's Premium and Elite for now. Premium+ due in a couple of days.

Will give this a go in a day or two when the other half is out of the way. Will lose DVB-T but that's no real hardship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Did you remove the spaces in the paths like this:

cd /PLUGINS/PanelKGD/epg
    ./DaemonEPG
    ./Getepg

SMALL G IN ./getepg :D

How long dose it take to download
    SkyUK skyUK 2 0 i1 14;11778000;1 y /Download/skyuk.epg

compared to
    #rytecxmltv_UK xmltv 2 0 x /DATA/hdb1/download/XMLTV/;http://www.rytec.be/tools/rytec.channels.xml.gz;http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvuk.gz y /Download/ryuk.epg

2 min or so for rytec but ages for skyuk for me ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

New video driver just posted. It's Premium and Elite for now. Premium+ due in a couple of days.

Will give this a go in a day or two when the other half is out of the way. Will lose DVB-T but that's no real hardship :D

Whats the possibility of them releasing DVB-T driver? I have it at the moment & would be a pity to lose the DTT channels.

• Advertisement

shinobi wrote: »
    Whats the possibility of them releasing DVB-T driver? I have it at the moment & would be a pity to lose the DTT channels.

It will come, but I don't think it's a priority. This is pre-beta really - just FTA. I'd say they will focus on getting cam support and stability before they look at other drivers. The plan is to release source code when it's ready - should make it a really interesting box when that happens.

TBH, I don't really watch Pravda RTE any more so I'm not too pushed. I'd settle for a stable box with fast FW (and by all accounts E2 flies on the AZbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Location to download pre beta of Enigma2 for Azbox
    http://www.satpimps.com/showpost.php?p=751313&postcount=550

Updated Video/Audio
    http://www.satpimps.com/showpost.php?p=755485&postcount=924

Boot Logo
    http://www.satpimps.com/showpost.php?p=751556&postcount=659

Install guide
    http://www.satpimps.com/showpost.php?p=751268&postcount=534

Putting this up here so it's easier for me to find the posts on satpimps. I hope it helps other people too.

RogerThis wrote: »
    Putting this up here so it's easier for me to find the posts on satpimps. I hope it helps other people too.

Was just about to do the same. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I really couldnt be funked at this stage to put this onto my box.
    At the moment it looks like a whole heap of headaches with a lot of bugs to Iron out.

Will be holding off until this firmware does more than the current opensat stuff I have on the box. Thats still a long way off I reckon.

I installed the latest image and drivers.
    It took 30 minutes to find all the channels on 28.2E.

I don't get any audio or video. Tried the BBC's and CH 4.

RogerThis wrote: »
    I installed the latest image and drivers.
    It took 30 minutes to find all the channels on 28.2E.

I don't get any audio or video. Tried the BBC's and CH 4.

Bummer. Did you try scanning for channels with the old driver then updating? Apparently you can use Dreambox Edit to edit your channel lists.

Bummer. Did you try scanning for channels with the old driver then updating? Apparently you can use Dreambox Edit to edit your channel lists.

I did the scan with the old driver, ftp'ed the new driver and rebooted. But still no joy. I tried using the dreamboxedit files from my Vu+, but I have a motor setup on that, so it didn't work.

Anybody got a dreamboxedit backup for a dm800 with just 28.2E that I can try?

Maybe try loading your AZbox E2 channel list into Dreamboxedit, making a couple of changes and resaving the file, uploading and rebooting.

Did you change channel after booting?

@RogerThis - channel list posted at http://www.satpimps.com/showpost.php?p=756067&postcount=1026

Seems like I won't get a chance to test E2 until next week. Best of luck with it.

The Ripper team released a new E2 image last night.
    http://www.satpimps.com/showpost.php?p=759660&postcount=1268

I tried it and it's still not scanning satellites.

The Ripper also announced today:
    Forgot to say Scrambled channels are working now,when I finish some more tweaks new E2 will be released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi guys,
    Hope someone can help me with the old azopen epg loading tool.
    Tried to upgrade to the new epg tool but have been unable to get it to complete the epg loading. I returned to my previous version of azopen azepgmgr-1.5 which worked initially but now it or any other version wont?
    The message i get after most of the tool executes is "unable to execute binary file", i have set permissions to 755, have amended the rytec source file date to the current one and made the relevant changes to the azboxepg and azepgmgr.conf files.gratefully appreciated
    I suspect the _azepgmgr file is causing the problem?
    When i open it in Maz to view its contents all i see is "ELF" on the first line?
    Any help would be appreciated, even a copy of someones unzipped .bin folder? I have unzipped it via Telnet etc and get all the bin files as usal with all versions.
    Currently on 0.9.4923 firmware

Regards

Azbox Enigma new site :

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi there,

Have been attempting to record to a usb stick formated by the azbox elite using firware 0.9.4923, i can see the recordings in File Manager and through Maz but not in Recorded programs?
    There are only .tmp and .tmp.idx files in the recordfile folder as seen in filemanager usb2, these wont playback.
    Any help would be appreciated thanks

Great news for all Azbox users:

MickeySa
    If all went as planned You can expect BETA today ( late tonight ) or tomorrow.

So far Audio is working stable on any channel durring zapp or watching

I hope that Your patience and waiting will result in this case with very very good and stable working Enigma 2.

AZBOX HD It's a pleasure to inform you that something very special is coming. Visit us on facebook.com/AzBoxHD on monday and find out!

http://www.facebook.com/AzBoxHD?v=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I wont be holding my breath.
    To be honest I dont care.
    I've my box working the way I want it with the Opensat S/W at this stage and amnt prepared to reimage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Solaris10 wrote: »
    AZBOX HD It's a pleasure to inform you that something very special is coming. Visit us on facebook.com/AzBoxHD on monday and find out!

http://www.facebook.com/AzBoxHD?v=wall

More BS from Opensat, thank God for the Ripper and his E2 team!

It is indeed great news. I might hook it up to try one last time before I bung it on adverts.ie

I advise anyone trying this to turn off Hardware Acceleration on their Azbox Firmware before attempting the upgrade. It seems that there are still no DVB-T drivers for E2. I would imagine a lot of boxes in Ireland came with a Terrestrial tuner, so you'll need to disconnect your DVB-T tuner before installing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea to sell your AZBox right now, E2 is still in Beta and it could be a matter of weeks or months before we have a good working image, even if it's not to your taste your AZBox will be worth more then.

Actually, no, wait sell it to me right now for cheap! ;):D

Advertisement