Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks for your reply. Thats what I wanted, defo going to get one now. Anywhere in Dublin stock them ?.

:)

Near dublin:
    Great guy to deal with:
    www.saortv.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jerome!

slegs wrote: »
    It is OpenEPG that the AZBox one based on...

Its still watch one record another only on same mux or transponder (which is good for DTT). Full dual tuner watch one record another not in firmware just yet so if you change between tuners it stops the recording.

Hi Slegs,

Can you elaborate on this part, please? Is a combination of DVB-T x2 supported in the premium azbox, have you tried this lately? Is the recording/watching feature limited to the mux/bouquet or is this solved in the meanwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭halkar

kippy wrote: »
    Near dublin:
    Great guy to deal with:
    www.saortv.com

I like to buy one of these also but not in stock :(
    Anywhere else in Ireland or online that sell & ship to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

Bought mine from HM sat, good service
    http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdd-receiver-hdtv-az-box/azbox-premium-hd-plus-linux-twin-wlan.html

They can also be found on Pixmania, if you are only looking for the box. MIxed reviews on level of service, however I have never had any problems with them for other purchases.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/10222/73848/xx/101/9/criteresn.html?s=10222&m=73848&t=xx&categorieid=9&cat=101&display=0&startrow=1&orderBy=&sortBy=&articleId=0

Both will ship to Ireland, would go with HM sat if you needed to pick up any extra bits and piecies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Yep, I got mine from Pixmania - Ordered the Elite and would you believe they sent me on the premium as they had no Elite in stock, So I am one happy customer :D

The EPG is slow though, I read rumours that there is a EPG plugin available - Anybody know where to get it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

It's available here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/azopen/

You should update to the latest firmware here

http://fw.azupd.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Thank you very much sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hey there
    Once the files are extracted i assume the contents of the bin folder need to be transferred by ftp into the bin folder in the azbox, but what about the "VERSIONS" file? Where does that go?
    Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 26 korvin

Hi All,

I've also bought the Premium one from Pixmania. Delivered on next day and used to work fine for 2 days - until I've loaded the new firmware and tried enabling the "Hardware acceleration" option in the menu... Now I have a nice and heavy box, which can only display "BOOTING" on its little green led screen... Re-starting with a USB stick in it (formatted as FAT or FAT32, with formware called "patch.bin" or "patch" - does not help: just nothing changes, it does not try to re-flash itself using the new firmware, still displays "BOOTING" on the little screen and outputs no signal to the TV...

It's appeared that it was sold to me by Spanish company O2Media, via Pixmania's web site. Pixmania has no responsibility for this, O2Media's support guys aren't picking up the phone and are writing stupid replies in support request tracking system... And I don't know, if they'll fix it or will just laugh on me if I send it back to Spain (on my expenses, of course)... That's my experience with AZbox...

So, the question to you: do you know anyone near Dublin, who can fix it for a reasonable price?

Thanks.

@downwiththatsor

Copy the zip file to /DATA/hdd/EPG. create a bin folder there. Then use 'unzip azboxepg16a.zip'

@korvin

I had issues with the latest firmware not working properly. I put the previous FW (0.9.4890) onto my USB stick and rebooted. it ran the updater and everything was fine once the previous FW loaded.

File must be called patch.bin to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks Stimpson,
    Just updated the FW to 4890 and "installed" the EPG plug in. I've been meaning to do that for a while.
    Theres one part of the plug in I cant figure it. In the readme it mentions "running" the plug in command a few times a day. Is there a "task scheduler" on the box that allows this to be run or is telnet the only option?
    I've put the script on the box to run the job at start up but this means a reboot.
    The 4890 firmware seems very stable but be warned the newest FW messes up the EPG but the creators are currently working on a fix.

by default it will load 2 days of EPG. You can specify more in the parameters. I normally use telnet to reload every couple of days.

I did find a cron tool for azbox to do scheduling but never got around to installing it. do a search for 'cron azbox'

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

What is the most updated forum for the Azbox? satpimps?

Het guys
    Am having difficulty using putty to connect to my elite. Had to use port 21 to connect with filezilla as i could not connect using port 22 but have had no issues transferring or updating files using port 21.
    With putty Telnet defaults to port 23, when i enter my elites ip address and select telnet putty opens briefly then crashes?
    When i change telnet to port 21 putty opens with 220 (vsFTPD 2.0.7) and a cursor but entering "root" simply results in a message "530 Plese login with USER and PASS."

Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

Use maz 3.0 to connect to box. It has telnet and FTP included inthe program

Cheers psham,
    Nice program.
    Connected with FTP no problem on port 21 again but Telnet port 23 (or 22 or 21) still get "Connection Failed:Connection Refused ***Server has closed***"
    I cant upload a zip file? (EPG zip file) using FTP for some reason?
    Must be an issue with my azbox setup i guess?

Is it possible to reset the telnet port settings? Restore to default or something? Or could the issue be router or firewall related?

You only need maz to FTP or telnet, no other program. Make sure you have correct ip of your azbox, put it into maz and then press connect. You then can either FTP or telnet on the left hand side of maz program..
    You never need to change FTP(21) or telnet port(23) as program is preconfigured..

And make sure Ftp server and Telnet server are enabled in Network service in settings on your azbox before you try to connect with maz..

Hope this helps..

Thanks again mate, i had discovered that i had telnet disabled and that as you suggested was the cause of my connection issues.
    By any chance do you know what to do with the compressed epg folder, have read that unzipping using windows and then transferring to the azbox corrupts the scripts but i am unable to upload the epg.zip?

Many thanks again for the Maz3.0 info in any event.

ftp azepgmgr-1.5a.zip or later version to DATA/hdb1
    Then use telnet:
    cd /DATA/hdb1
    mkdir newEPG

then :
    mv azepgmgr-1.5.zip newEPG

then :
    cd newEPG

then:
    mkdir bin

then:
    unzip azepgmgr-1.5.zip

copy and paste or type above lines acording to version of azepgmgr you're using into telnet of maz..

This should install epg program
    (don't copy&paste "then:" parts)

Wow thats a comprehensive step by step thanks, followed your instructions and get a result to unzip as follows
    "inflating Makefile, Versions, azopen.sh, azopen_mk.sh, azopen_svnmk.sh,
    the last line is "unzip: Unsupported compression method 0"

I have rebooted and the "Guide" button only shows now and next as usual?

The file i used was azepgmgr-src-1.6a.zip from here -

http://sourceforge.net/projects/azopen/files/

Used Data/usb2 by the way

• Advertisement

Is the program installed in DATA/usb2/newEPG/bin?
    Can you see 10-12 files in this bin folder?

Decided to revert to the 1.5.zip and it has unzipped into 10 files in the bin folder.
    Rebooted but still no joy, firmware is 0.9.4890

if you can see these files in bin folder you need to edit a few and copy some of them..

Do the following within maz ftp program.

Firstly right click edit S11ApplyEPG in bin folder:

Change line 10 and 11 to something like the following depending on location of your set-up, below is my setting:
    cd /DATA/hdb1/newEPG/bin
    ./azboxepg -l

Save when you have finshed editing.

2.ftp edited S11ApplyEPG file to your desktop.
    3 ftp S11ApplyEPG file from your desktop to /DISK2/etc/start.d
    right click to chmod to 755 in atributes

4. Right click, edit azboxepg file in bin folder
    There are 2 places you need to change date. on line 16 and line 35
    Date Rytec current epg file is :20100601
    Save changes.

Rytec epg file date changes from time to time so you might have to repeat step 4 and change date when rytec.be changes epg file date..

Reboot, after 5-10 min epg should be populated..

i'm using 1.5a and firmware is 0.9.4890 so you should have no probs..

Thanks Psham,
    Followed all your steps and just waiting now for the epg to populate.
    Fingers crossed
    I am many newbies will appreciate your explanations.

Any joy?

What are you installing azepgmgr to, a usb pen drive or usb external drive?

What path are you using?
    Mine is DATA/hdb1/newEPG/bin as i'm using an interrnal drive azbox premium

No joy unfortunately, its a usb pen, DATA/usb1/sda1/newEPG/bin
    Should it be Disk2/etc/start.d? Cant see a Disk/ folder

Yea, try disk2/etc/start.d.
    Where ever the start.d folder is put it there

All done as suggested but has not worked as yet, just one question the following should it be just copied and pasted as typed "./azboxepg -l" in line 11?
    Or just "./azboxepg"?

Try this..
    This lets you know if program is running properly..

In maz, go to telnet..
    Type the following:
    cd /DATA/usb1/sda1/newEPG/bin

then:
    ./azboxepg -l

this starts the program and you can see it working. at the end ( it takes 5-10 mins you should see 20000 od events loaded and then have epg populated on azbox...
    post a screen shot of results if you can?

• Advertisement

Do i need cd or anything else before DATA/usb1/sda1/newEPG/bin?
    Will try it now

Advertisement