Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

not so sure - yours says

xenv cs2 ok
    xenv cs3 ok

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

Thanks again, that is what i noticed it does say OK to both and his is not OK. I am in Kerry between Killarney and Tralee, out in the country. Nothing more from OpenSat, I did ask them for their dealers in Ireland.

Best regards Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

My Morsers epg tool has stopped working automatically or manually be telnetting the load command since the weekend, has something changed?
    Tried rebooting and editing the epg.config file to no avail.
    I get the following message after it downloads the rytec xmltv data "gunzip: Invalid magic"?
    Am at a loss, maybe i need to install the latest version?
    regards

Sounds like a problem with the gz file that's being downloaded. What URL are you using?

The default rytec url listed in the .config file after line 55 for uk epg.
    Dont have access to the box till this evening to check the url but nothing has changed since it used to work?
    Thanks for your reply

Possibly this http://www.rytec.be/tools/rytec.channels.xml.gz;http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvuk.gz y /Download/ryuk.epg

• Advertisement

There are 2 filenames there. I have downloaded both and they unzip fine on my Mac.

Maybe the site was down?

Will try again this evening, did not check to see if it had loaded this morning.

Thanks

stimpson wrote: »
    There are 2 filenames there. I have downloaded both and they unzip fine on my Mac.

Maybe the site was down?

The Epg did not load automatically, Telnetted the load command just now and it is proceeding thankfully.
    I have noticed that on the odd occasion it does not load automatically for some reason but generally it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i put e2 beta version 4 on my azbox premium plus last weekend.

the difference from the original fw is something else. zapping speeds between channels, even hd channels is rapid quick.

it crashed twice in 6 hours but that was because i was trying to use stuff thats not yet enabled.

the recording and timeshift has still to be fully sorted and it only supports one of my sat tuners at the moment but it has turned this box into a useable tv viewing box from what it was before.

i had no problems at all installing the fw. cant wait for the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

tapfit2004 wrote: »

it crashed twice in 6 hours but that was because i was trying to use stuff thats not yet enabled.

the recording and timeshift has still to be fully sorted and it only supports one of my sat tuners at the moment but it has turned this box into a useable tv viewing box from what it was before.

Honestly, if the stock firmware didnt make the box a "useable tv viewing box" then I am not sure what your expectations were......

I've zero issues with the stock firmware at this stage.

• Advertisement

My expectations were that it would work similar to my dm500 or my older Humax 5400 which i have been using for ages.

When you change channel up or down they work without a delay or the box crashing.

My experience with the original fw is not like this and i tried a load of different releases.

Its good that the original fw works for you but after trying the e2 i wont be going back.

I've also been able to use dm800 plugins and theres far more stuff being developed for the dm's than the az as its a far bigger community.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

From azbox facebook page :cool:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/AzBoxHD

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    From azbox facebook page :cool:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/AzBoxHD

I'd take it with a pinch of salt. They were making similar claims when E2 project was not long started yet nothing released.

Just upgraded to this firmware and mosers epg tool no longer works so am going to go back to previous 0.9.5209.
    I use dvb-t and dvbs2 hence i have not tried the beta E2, is Dvbt supported on the kgd firmware?
    I dont see many changes with 0.9.5300 anyway so might not be worth the upgrade hassles if like me you use the epg tool.
    By the way i get "AZBoxTVSDK die (1185): signal 11 during cleanup , exiting unclean!" when i maually execute the epg load function.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

Hi all

just started having a problem with the satellite tuner on my AZBox - it's stopped working!

Basically all of the satellite channels come up with 'no signal'. When I try to scan for more channels, the signal strength is fine, but the quality is shown at 0%. I have tried a different satellite receiver and everything works fine. I tried reloading the firmware but no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

Epg and dvb-T works on kdg :)

Epg and dvb-T works on kdg :)
    Thanks for that, is KGD 0.9.4890 the latest version?

is KGD 0.9.4890 the latest version?
    Think so find it more stable as well

Think so find it more stable as well
    Ok will try now, you use mosers epg right? Just checking.
    Thanks

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

New firmware out today, 5301, the features being

improved the multimedia libraries , fixed ghost char ,added support for the www and email rcu buttons (needs azmail) , updated the dutch translation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I've been using the Gemini Plugin version of RC4 and tbh it's very good.The blue panel is splendid and has numerous addons etc available to download.Also, the EPG & recording work perfectly for me so very happy with this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

carbsy wrote: »
    I've been using the Gemini Plugin version of RC4 and tbh it's very good.The blue panel is splendid and has numerous addons etc available to download.Also, the EPG & recording work perfectly for me so very happy with this. :)

Have held off on E2 until DVB-t support which may soon arrive in RC7. would like to see a simple guide on how to handle E2 on Azbox like Goram used to do as sat pimps posts are miles long and rti core site seems more for heavyweight users. Seen any dummies guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Have held off on E2 until DVB-t support which may soon arrive in RC7.

Agreed, don't see any point updating til it's completely stable and usable, the original firmware is good enough for the time being.

gtg60 wrote: »
    Agreed, don't see any point updating til it's completely stable and usable, the original firmware is good enough for the time being.

There is no official beta/RC test program.So by installing and testing the various releases, we are helping the development team to reach a more stable build.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

I have programs setup to record 5 minute programs for the kids.
    The standard increment in Reserve Record Programs appears to be 10mins but I only want to add 1 or 2 mins in order to catch the start and end of the programs.
    Is there a file that can be edited to change the duration increment for Reserve Record programs ?

Thks.

Have held off on E2 until DVB-t support which may soon arrive in RC7. would like to see a simple guide on how to handle E2 on Azbox like Goram used to do as sat pimps posts are miles long and rti core site seems more for heavyweight users. Seen any dummies guide?

its very similar to using a dreambox800. i've found it handy enough to use.
    satpimps threads are very long but the rti forum has much shorter threads and has all the people who are developing e2 on it.

The Gemini Project 3 E2 plugin Azbox image is virtually exactly the same to the other GP3 E2 flavours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

RC7 is out now with DVb-T support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Beamobhoy

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,

I have programs setup to record 5 minute programs for the kids.
    The standard increment in Reserve Record Programs appears to be 10mins but I only want to add 1 or 2 mins in order to catch the start and end of the programs.
    Is there a file that can be edited to change the duration increment for Reserve Record programs ?

Thks.

If you are running RC E2 then you can add extra time to recordings by going to the options menu, setup, system, customize! If you are not running E2, I'm afraid i can't remember!!! :D

Advertisement