Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair...Ladies what do ye do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

clicli wrote: »
    Waxing is far to expensive for my budget and I have used every combination of razors and shaving gels and still end up with horrible ingrown hairs, I'm being driven demented with them. I'm seriously considering laser hair removal, the thought of not having to worry about hair removal sounds like a dream come true!

I had laser done every were as ingrown hairs were driving me demented and Im so happy I paid the money for laser, no shaving or waxing ever again , dream come ture and no more ingrown hairs !!!! 6 goes and hairless for life !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lyn2010

Laser cant be done with light hair though...ive strawberry blonde hair n they siad u cant, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Darlughda wrote: »
    Am now using nail scissors for trimming the jungle, gillette venus and men shaving gel every few days. I also use johnson's baby oil and tea tree ointment and so far no bumps or ingrowns!

Can you explain more about your method for this? Might try it myself cos it means I can keep it clean regularly not not have to wait for 6 weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

When I can afford it, Brazilian wax, but when I can't I generally go with a combo of trimming, shaving and hair removal cream.
    Ladies, anyone who got laser done, was it expensive and where did you get it done? I have very dark hair so hair removal never lasts too long with me, I always see growback very soon after :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

rebecca 30 wrote: »
    I had laser done every were as ingrown hairs were driving me demented and Im so happy I paid the money for laser, no shaving or waxing ever again , dream come true and no more ingrown hairs !!!! 6 goes and hairless for life !!
    Do you mind me asking where you got it done- and did it hurt? (I've heard people say it hurts, even though I thought it was just done with a light or something..) I really want to get this done but am worried that I'd fork out hundreds of euro and not go back if it was too painful! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FlexiLexi

girlies, was wondering how long the hollywood lasts for ye that get it done? i find after a week/10 days its shadowy again where as some of my friends get at least 2/3 weeks out of them!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Unregistered39

Posy wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where you got it done- and did it hurt? (I've heard people say it hurts, even though I thought it was just done with a light or something..) I really want to get this done but am worried that I'd fork out hundreds of euro and not go back if it was too painful! :eek:

I've been getting mine done in The Laser Centre on Hume Street. It's not nearly as painful as I expected, more of a slight 'ow' than the elastic band snapping pain I've heard mentioned. Definitely had no problem going back and the results so far have been fantastic. They also only charge per session (€60 deal at the moment), which is the only way I'd do it. I'm getting underarms and a Brazilian done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

i had my first lazer removal session today for a brazillian and it hurts ladies lots but the girl was lovely and chatted the whole time so not to bad. will have to wait three weeks and not shave or wax inbetween yikes another 6 sessions after that should be hairless cost ? 440 gulp

I've been pricing it and its soooo expensive but if it worked on my dark hair I know it'd be worth it. It is expensive though :(

terlywerly wrote: »
    I've been pricing it and its soooo expensive but if it worked on my dark hair I know it'd be worth it. It is expensive though :(

I am getting my legs , underarms and Brazilian done for 1,100 for 6 rounds and ive done 4 and its soooooooooooo worth it !!!! no more shaving ever again, I would spend the money again !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

rebecca 30 wrote: »
    I am getting my legs , underarms and Brazilian done for 1,100 for 6 rounds and ive done 4 and its soooooooooooo worth it !!!! no more shaving ever again, I would spend the money again !!!!

do you mind me asking where you are getting this done?

sam34 wrote: »
    do you mind me asking where you are getting this done?

I am getting it done in Therapy in Galway, I understand that they have a business in Dublin also , yet again so worth the money !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

dark hair light skin is the best combination .Been told it will be gone in 6 sessions but might need a top up in about a year . also not that dear the 6 sessions will cost 440 in total

I think I may get my underarms done first, and if it works out well maybe 'persuade' the OH to chip in a few €€ for the Brazilian. Its to his benefit as well as mine :D;)
    I'm in Sligo at the moment so I'm not really sure where I'd get it done. Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubblybox

Hey girls,

Just throwing my 2 cents in! I get Hollywoods and love them! But I hate waiting for it to regrow to get done again! How short is too short?!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 akila

Ladies,

Not to burst any bubbles - but just on the subject of laser... I had my bikini line & underarms lasered last year. Went to my sessions religiously and the results were great. I've black hair & ghostly pale skin, so the girl kept telling me I was an ideal candidate. It was great for the first while, but I'm now back to shaving my underarms every third day (ok - down from almost twice a day, but still not great after spending hundreds on laser!).

Bikini I was getting waxed (hollywood) as the hair started to grow back, but am now on medication that means I can't be waxed (sad face) so I've braved an epilator... Granted I'm not brave enough for a self administered Hollywood with the epilator, but it's a grand solution for hair removal that lasts longer than shaving seeing as waxing is out for me at the min :-)

Anyway, like I said - not to burst any bubbles, but myself and a friend of mine both had this experience with laser, so just to throw it out there that you may end up shaving / waxing again at some point! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smoggy11

For me I shave, all off every 2 or 3 days.

I got waxed twice. I didn't mind the sensation (or the lack of dignity :p) but I really couldn't cope with letting it grow back before getting it done again!

For me, I feel so much cleaner with it shaven. Having to wait the 6 weeks was hell. I have a touch of OCD about these things :o

The thought of using deplitory creams makes me squirm, I would just have this awful fear that it would burn... Does it? Putting it on my delicate lady bits does not appeal!

akila wrote: »
    It was great for the first while, but I'm now back to shaving my underarms every third day (ok - down from almost twice a day, but still not great after spending hundreds on laser!).

Noooooo, don't tell me that, just as I'm at the point of strongly considering putting it all on the credit card!!!! :eek:
    What type of laser did you get done if you don't mind me asking? (e.g. what type of machine was it, maybe results are different with different types of machines).
    <crosses fingers>

Noooooo, don't tell me that, just as I'm at the point of strongly considering putting it all on the credit card!!!! :eek:
    What type of laser did you get done if you don't mind me asking? (e.g. what type of machine was it, maybe results are different with different types of machines).
    <crosses fingers>

I got it done with an IPL machine as far as I can remember. It was supposedly the top of the range, super duper high powered one that would zap hairs within minutes. In fairness, it did work really well at the start (beware: the smell of burning hair is gross!) but I'm not all that sure that I'd shell out for money if I had the choice again.

I've since been told by a couple of other beauticians who also do laser that, once your course is complete, you need to have 'top up' sessions at least once a year to keep the hair growth at bay.

I'm thinking of getting it done somewhere that charges per session- that way, if it doesn't work permanently it still wouldn't be much more than I'd have been spending on waxing anyway! (Brazilian is the one that leaves a little strip, is it?) I don't fancy having lasers zapping at the more 'intimate' of my intimate area! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

smoggy11 wrote: »
    The thought of using deplitory creams makes me squirm, I would just have this awful fear that it would burn... Does it? Putting it on my delicate lady bits does not appeal!

This happened my friend! :eek:

She was using Immac cream, but when she was taking it off again she missed a little spot - hard to describe exactly where, but basically ... between the front door and the back door ... ;)

And then she got dressed and was sitting down wearing jeans for a couple of hours, she felt a bit of discomfort there but she just assumed it was after using the cream, even though she'd used it loads of times already.

Anyways eventually she went to the loo, and realised she had a really nasty chemical burn from it! :eek: She was in agony for days with it, but refused to go to a doctor.

Put me off ever using that stuff ... it stinks anyways!

akila wrote: »
    I've since been told by a couple of other beauticians who also do laser that, once your course is complete, you need to have 'top up' sessions at least once a year to keep the hair growth at bay.
    I wouldn't mind a top up once a year if it meant I was hair free. I'm so sick of shaving them every day, and waxing is so expensive and doesn't last a lot longer. The place I'm looking at getting it done in is 99 euro a session which is pretty expensive in my opinion but if it'll work I'd pay 999 euro at this stage!

I wouldn't mind a top up once a year if it meant I was hair free. I'm so sick of shaving them every day, and waxing is so expensive and doesn't last a lot longer. The place I'm looking at getting it done in is 99 euro a session which is pretty expensive in my opinion but if it'll work I'd pay 999 euro at this stage!

The results for everyone are different, so you should try it cos it may work very well for you! For me, only shaving every second or third day is a huge improvement on what it was :-/ And I’d definitely get the maintenance sessions once it’s an option, cos the feeling of not having to worry about it is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Pembily wrote: »
    Now I shave and I jus the Gileet ladies on with the bikin trimmer on the other side, its not that itchy and I will defo ust the antibacterial cream thanks a million :D:D

Hey Pembily, just wondering if you find that Gillette shaver/razor combo any good. I saw it the other day and considered getting it but didn't bother in the end. :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yeah I'd be interested in the shaver/trimmer thing too, I've only ever used regular razors or whatever you call them. I have an epilator for my legs etc but I'm very prone to ingrown hairs so not that keen to use it on my bikini line!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Mackleton wrote: »
    Hey Pembily, just wondering if you find that Gillette shaver/razor combo any good. I saw it the other day and considered getting it but didn't bother in the end. :P

Yeah its great for trimming and tidying up the area, but I found I got ingrowns from shaving too (FFS) so my aunt waxed me and I am putting savalon on the area as recommened here and I will report back :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smoggy11

Pembily wrote: »
    so my aunt waxed me

Oh. My. God. I think I would die of shame if my aunt was waxing me! I felt awkward enough when it was a beautician!

Was it like a full hollywood or brazilian, or was it just a bikini wax?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

smoggy11 wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. I think I would die of shame if my aunt was waxing me! I felt awkward enough when it was a beautician!

Was it like a full hollywood or brazilian, or was it just a bikini wax?

I just got a tiny bikini wax as iffy about ingrown hairs!!!!! Ah she is grand, never bothers me!!! My sister gets a serious brazilian... She is too mortified to go to any one bar our aunt :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Hollywood Wax.

Regarding depilatory creams, I have only ever used them in the past in emergency situations (and never, ever on the nether regions). Aside from anything else, I mostly find them quite ineffective and, frankly, their scent makes me physically nauseous. Two years ago this September, I used one, as prescribed, on my legs (which, I hasten to add, I had used before). This resulted in what I can only describe (poorly) as a huge sort of lesion, rash monstrosity on one of my thighs. It was constantly hot, excoriated and bled periodically. I was so embarrassed that I showed it to nobody for a month or so. Finally, needs must and my waxer saw it and was horrified and said that it was definitely not a normal reaction to a cream and to go to a doctor. Multiple doctors' appointments later (to little avail, doctor was largely baffled and gave me a prescription for steroid creams :( ), I was still none the wiser as to what exactly it was (wasn't a burn). It took 18 months to heal completely.

I repeat. Waxing only for me.

• Advertisement

Does anyone here use anesthetic cream before a wax/laser to numb the pain?

Advertisement