Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair...Ladies what do ye do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

For ingrown hair - there's a product you can get online (I've yet to see it in shops here, but you never know) called Privashave. There's another very similar product on the market but the name escapes me.
    Ordered a bottle of it from the US once. Ingrown hairs problem COMPLETELY gone using it after shaving regularly.
    Also highly recommend King of Shaves stuff - surprised it hasn't been mentioned. Their shaving oil is great - womans is harder to find, but the guys dept alway has it (and it's the same stuff anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I just leave it fuzzy, I like it and my husband does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 chellypoo74

I like it all off - used to get Hollywoods all the time but recession times mean the razor and some clever balancing in the shower is the way to go. It's nice, you feel cleaner with no muff..and sexier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

Great topic girls, saw an offer on laser treatments there and was wondering what the story is with that end of things, how many sessions etc. So roughly 6 eh? thats good. Found this website that seems to be very informative about laser treatments http://www.knowyourlaserfacts.com/
    terlywerly wrote: »
    Noooooo, don't tell me that, just as I'm at the point of strongly considering putting it all on the credit card!!!! :eek:
    What type of laser did you get done if you don't mind me asking? (e.g. what type of machine was it, maybe results are different with different types of machines).
    <crosses fingers>
    akila wrote: »
    I got it done with an IPL machine as far as I can remember. It was supposedly the top of the range, super duper high powered one that would zap hairs within minutes. In fairness, it did work really well at the start (beware: the smell of burning hair is gross!) but I'm not all that sure that I'd shell out for money if I had the choice again.

I've since been told by a couple of other beauticians who also do laser that, once your course is complete, you need to have 'top up' sessions at least once a year to keep the hair growth at bay.

Apparently the Intense Pulsed Light are much lower powered machines, and not as effective as Medical Lasers.

This youtube video was on the site too.
    Soprano XL featured on The Doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I like it all off - used to get Hollywoods all the time but recession times mean the razor and some clever balancing in the shower is the way to go. It's nice, you feel cleaner with no muff..and sexier! :)

What about the itch?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

What about the itch?! :eek:

There is no itch from shaving......I think that's a bit of a muff myth! :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

It itches like mad if you use a razor!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

There is no itch from shaving......I think that's a bit of a muff myth! :P;)
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It itches like mad if you use a razor!!!!

Agreed Snoopy - the itch can be deadly :o, if you don't get itch I am UBER jealous...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've never had an itch :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Yeh, I've never had an itch either. Use da boyfriends shaving foam and rinse really well !!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Okay I've just found this thread and have a really silly question!! I used to just trim using my boyfriend's electric head shaver, but we broke up a few months ago so now I just trim with a nail scissors - just wondering, all the trimmers out there - what do you trim with?? I find the nail scissors takes forever and is riskier using in the very nether regions as opposed to the main bush ;) Wanna get some sort of electric razor, are there any out there specifically for lady-bits??

And the shavers out there - do you shave everywhere?? I can understand shaving the bush but what about your actual bits, how can you shave down there??

Am single now so need to start paying more attention to how I look down there and this thread was exactly what I was looking for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Has anyone ever used an epilator 'down there?' Or would hurt like hell? I've never even used one on my legs. And if so, how long would you remain clean shaven?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Has anyone ever used an epilator 'down there?' Or would hurt like hell? I've never even used one on my legs. And if so, how long would you remain clean shaven?

Let me know if you manage that without fainting from the pain! It's manageable now on my calves, above the knee HURTS. I don't want to think about going further up. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Let me know if you manage that without fainting from the pain! It's manageable now on my calves, above the knee HURTS. I don't want to think about going further up. :o

Is it sorer than waxing? Only ever done DIY wax jobs but found it really painful...espesh on bikini area.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

jmcwobbles wrote: »
    And the shavers out there - do you shave everywhere?? I can understand shaving the bush but what about your actual bits, how can you shave down there??
    :D

yep,Boots have them, I got a bikini trimmer there, the Boots own brand for €25 or there abouts, does the job perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Birdsong wrote: »
    yep,Boots have them, I got a bikini trimmer there, the Boots own brand for €25 or there abouts, does the job perfect.

I have the argos own brand one and it's just as good except it costs about €8 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 musicmattersx

Ive never been waxed before, Far too scared! However after reading all your comments im intrigued, does it leave you with absoulutley no stubble whatsoever?

I shave nearly once a day to keep it neat, but mostly because I cant stand the feel of stubble! Any tips on getting rid of it? I do exfoiliate and moisturise after but its never completley gone! :(
    Also would most of you shave the more sensitive parts aswell as the pubic area?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

No stubble at all for me for about 10 days, then after that i feel hair growing back but it's soft, not coarse or stubble-ly like. Definitely try waxing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Any chance of a poll on this? Just out of curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Birdsong wrote: »
    But that doesnt leave you smooth..
    you wax after?
    and how short does the hair have to be to do the wax?
    Holiday next week!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

If a bird hasn't at least a brazilian she won't be touching my purple helmet. I mean seriously, why would a woman purposely harvest an amazon type habitat down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

If a bird hasn't at least a brazilian she won't be touching my purple helmet. I mean seriously, why would a woman purposely harvest an amazon type habitat down there?

Oh seriously!

And I supposed your perfectly groomed at all times Blobby are you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Blobby George banned for failure to read the charter and moderator instructions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks Silverfish! :)

I'm thinking of going to see if I'd be a candidate for laser (maybe not, I'm quite fair haired) but I'd only get waxed/lasered around my bikini line- no lasers or wax are coming near my lady bits! :eek: That area will just be kept neatly trimmed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

On my lady bits-brazilian,tried a hollywood once but it was a bit too creepy for me personally,just looked wrong.Am currently getting laser treatment on my underarm hair(for some reason i detest having to shave them) and if it is a success then i'll get it done on my bikini line too.Hair is not my friend!!

Hollywood is a Brazilian without the little strip at the top is it?
    Are a Playboy and Brazilian the same!? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Oh dear. Says who?

IqxVV.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Cosmo is just plain stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

im seriously contemplating a brazilian/ hollywood. anyone recommend a salon in galway/ mayo area?

the last time i just got a tight bikini and it was wonky.:eek:

Advertisement