Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair...Ladies what do ye do?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I wax when I can afford it because I just prefer it. But I have an electric lady-shave thingy that I use when I'm broke. It's really precise and doesn't cause any itching, like manual razors do. It just needs to be done every couple of days and does leave sharp-ish stubble, so it's not ideal if you're caught for time but enjoy regular sex!

If you prefer to shave, but hate the itching, I strongly advise investing in a proper shaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Faith wrote: »
    I wax when I can afford it because I just prefer it. But I have an electric lady-shave thingy that I use when I'm broke. It's really precise and doesn't cause any itching, like manual razors do. It just needs to be done every couple of days and does leave sharp-ish stubble, so it's not ideal if you're caught for time but enjoy regular sex!

If you prefer to shave, but hate the itching, I strongly advise investing in a proper shaver.

licking sharp stubble can cause tongue damage...ladies, leave that bush in peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

mike kelly wrote: »
    licking sharp stubble can cause tongue damage...ladies, leave that bush in peace!

I'll take the advice of one man on this issue - the one I'm sleeping with. Anyone else, don't care what they think! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

I've a brazilian, did with laser as I couldn't face the waxing!

Was going to get a hollywood but got the brazilian instead, so can wax/shave off if I ever want a hollywood!

Malari wrote: »
    I'll take the advice of one man on this issue - the one I'm sleeping with. Anyone else, don't care what they think! ;)

your man will never tell you if he's unhappy with it, he will just look elsewhere

• Advertisement

your man will never tell you if he's unhappy with it, he will just look elsewhere

Seriously? :rolleyes: You have bugging devices in my house now do you? My man DID make suggestions about it in fact, and I've reciprocated. I've also tried different things and he's told me what he likes.

Adults actually aren't afraid to communicate with each other in grown-up relationships.

Malari wrote: »
    Seriously? :rolleyes: You have bugging devices in my house now do you? My man DID make suggestions about it in fact, and I've reciprocated. I've also tried different things and he's told me what he likes.

Adults actually aren't afraid to communicate with each other in grown-up relationships.

no, I don't bug your house. I know nothing about you or your husband but there are some universal guy facts and that is one of them.

Of course your man is different, he listens etc.....

no, I don't bug your house. I know nothing about you or your husband but there are some universal guy facts and that is one of them.

Of course your man is different, he listens etc.....

I laughed :D

He ain't my husband either. Just admit you were wrong...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

mike kelly, please do not troll, read the charter before posting in this forum.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

catiny wrote: »
    I've a brazilian, did with laser as I couldn't face the waxing!

Was going to get a hollywood but got the brazilian instead, so can wax/shave off if I ever want a hollywood!

Hope you don't mind if I ask loads of questions? ;)

What type of laser was it?
    How much does it cost and how many sessions were needed?
    How long ago did you have it done?
    Are you getting any re-growth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Maybe I missed a post but I've seen this discussed here and elsewhere and I have to ask ... am I the only one who uses a hair removal cream? :confused:

As some others have said, shaving/epilator is not an option for me in that area, wax even less so.

But the cream (used correctly) is an absolute doddle, very accurate in terms of where you want to apply it, lasts pretty long and doesn't create stubble (i.e grows back soft like waxing).

I'm really worried someone will respond to me with some evidence it causes cancer as I can't imagine why someone would put themselves through a wax rather than this simple, painless routine!! ;)

I use hair removal cream on the outter parts that I don't want, then use a ladytrimmer on what's left (which is just the front bit). I really dislike being completely bald down there. Hate it when guys have none as well. Pubes are a thing to be proud of!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Get rid of 75% of it, tight trim on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ah, I love the... I dont have much down there answers..

Wait until your older girls and you will need a shears to cut the bloody thing.:D

Waxing FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mood wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind if I ask loads of questions? ;)

What type of laser was it?
    How much does it cost and how many sessions were needed?
    How long ago did you have it done?
    Are you getting any re-growth?

Maybe its just the medic in me, but I would never ever get Laser done down there. Its a bit of a health risk for a procedure that is so new and underresearched. I don't like the idea of zapping hair follicles so close to an area that is so delicate. But Differnt strokes for differnet folk I guess and I just really don't get the obsession with being hairless down below? Can someone explain it to me?
    Is the sensation really that different?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Dunno about different sensations, but it makes me feel sort of cleaner (and sexier!). I also go for the depilatory cream- easier for me than shaving (no nasty cuts) and I'll admit I'm afraid of waxing, although I've never tried that (yep, I'm wuss). Been getting curious about trying it lately though.

Anyone ever epilate down there? I have an epilator for my legs and while it does hurt, it's more than manageable if done in small stages. Would be interested in anyone's experiences of using one along their bikini line..

Creams don't work either. Or those pre-waxed sheets. Hairs all still there after use. :o I've tried 'em all. The razor is quickest and easiest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

LittleBook wrote: »
    Maybe I missed a post but I've seen this discussed here and elsewhere and I have to ask ... am I the only one who uses a hair removal cream? :confused:

As some others have said, shaving/epilator is not an option for me in that area, wax even less so.

But the cream (used correctly) is an absolute doddle, very accurate in terms of where you want to apply it, lasts pretty long and doesn't create stubble (i.e grows back soft like waxing).

I'm really worried someone will respond to me with some evidence it causes cancer as I can't imagine why someone would put themselves through a wax rather than this simple, painless routine!! ;)

Dont worry i use hair removal cream also!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

I've tried hair removal creams on my legs and the smell and sensation, just made me gag for some reason. I'm odd. :rolleyes:

For me, less is more! I hate hair on my legs, let alone my bikini area! Hollywood or a Brazilian for moi. As for male opinions, well, I couldn't care less. It's my body, and I dump a guy rather than not wax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Girls, I know this is slightly off-topic but in the last few months I've noticed some hairs growing on the knuckles of my right hand. (I'm 31) None on the left hand which is slightly weird.

These hairs are getting noticeable and I'm super paranoid as I suffer from excema on my right hand as well so people automatically look at the cuts and I'm afraid they will notice the hairs.

Has anyone else got this? Could you recommend anything for me? Don't want to shave them.

Thanks,

Daze.

P.s. At the moment I'm a trimmer down there, I used to shave it all off but got sick of it after a while. Also ended up with a skin tag that I'm sure was caused by the razor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I fid creams either leave hair behind (if left on for the correct tine) or burn/sting (if left on too long).

Haven't used cream for few years. Have they improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Waxing is far to expensive for my budget and I have used every combination of razors and shaving gels and still end up with horrible ingrown hairs, I'm being driven demented with them. I'm seriously considering laser hair removal, the thought of not having to worry about hair removal sounds like a dream come true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Phew!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mSe265

I shave, and I find using an exfoliating glove on the area afterward (and everyday between shaving days) really helps. Plus, applying anti-bacterial ointment (like you'd use on a normal cut) to the area prevents bumps, itchiness and ingrown hairs. Got that tip after some googling and haven't looked back since.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

mSe265 wrote: »
    I shave, and I find using an exfoliating glove on the area afterward (and everyday between shaving days) really helps. Plus, applying anti-bacterial ointment (like you'd use on a normal cut) to the area prevents bumps, itchiness and ingrown hairs. Got that tip after some googling and haven't looked back since.

Interesting!! What anti-bac cream do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

This is fascinating! The question I wanted to ask other women but never felt I could. I´m a blondie and am lucky to have my pubic hair just in the...eh...pubic zone (?)...not on my legs or anywhere else...I keep it trimmed. Have never waxed or shaved down there. Never thought of asking a boyfriend what they liked...hmmm.....

When you guys talk about waxing and shaving and lazering, do you just mean to keep it neat or do you mean you take the whole lot off? Is everyone taking their pubic hair off?????

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I just keep mine neat with a razor thingy, waaay too much of a wuss to try waxing!! lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Anyone ever epilate down there? I have an epilator for my legs and while it does hurt, it's more than manageable if done in small stages. Would be interested in anyone's experiences of using one along their bikini line..
    I always epilate my armpits and it's grand. Lovely and smooth. :)
    Did my bikini-line with an epilator once. OH MY GOD.
    (a) THE PAIN. and
    (b) The 50 billion ingrown hairs and months of trying to get rid of them. Never again. *shudders* :(

• Advertisement

Well that's my mind made up! :pac:

Advertisement