Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair...Ladies what do ye do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Anyone ever epilate down there? I have an epilator for my legs and while it does hurt, it's more than manageable if done in small stages. Would be interested in anyone's experiences of using one along their bikini line..

This explains it exactly how I experienced it........
    Posy wrote: »
    I always epilate my armpits and it's grand. Lovely and smooth. :)
    Did my bikini-line with an epilator once. OH MY GOD.
    (a) THE PAIN. and
    (b) The 50 billion ingrown hairs and months of trying to get rid of them. Never again. *shudders* :(

I did it before my holiday last year and was so disgusted with job I did I booked an appointment with a local salon. On the table she got ready to wax me and she had a look and all I saw on her face was :eek: .... :o

Up until recently I've always got hollywoods. They are the best!!! So nice :) I don't care what anyone says I always scour gumtree for cheap in home waxers... For months I was going to a girl in Ringsend for a €18 hollywood that was much better than any of the salons...she left for home in November...I've been neglecting my hollywoods ever since :(

I did go to a girl in Rathmines because she was doing cheap waxing but she put up her prices....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jordanbigboobs

Hi girls !

I always trimmed as the thought of waxing would kill me ! i cant even get my eyebrows waxed without crying like a baby !
    Although i would consider the Laser option ! id like to know more about that ! but what im mailing for is, I shaved this time ( not my 1st time shaving ) and now its growing back, but i have got 2 ingrown hairs which are quite painful, and not at all nice to look at ! they have bleed and are healing but im afraid now that ill continue to get these :(
    anyone else out there got in grown hair down there??

P.S. it was hubbys birthday and thought id treat him to a clean fan dan and a sexy outfit !! next year he will get dinner and a tight pair of pajamas !!!!;)

thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mSe265

maple wrote: »
    Interesting!! What anti-bac cream do you use?

Usually just a store/generic brand of first aid ointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jordanbigboobs

thanks a mil !
    too embarrased to go to the doctor lol !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

I'd much rather trim, but I've always been unsure as to how to go about it. I'm scared I'll end up with a big bald patch or something or even worse I'd cut to the exact length that itching starts at. I'd prefer all or nothing than half and half! Anyone got any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

mSe265 wrote: »
    Usually just a store/generic brand of first aid ointment.

like Sudocreme or Germolene? Something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I just wax the bikini line and keep the rest trimmed and tidy, brazilians and hollywood are just too high maintenance for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I used to shave and got horrible, horrible razor bumps and itched like mad. Finally a few weeks ago I took the plunge and got a Brazilian. OH. MY. GOD. I can't believe I waited this long.

I do not care how much they cost - for me, it's worth it. And it's definitely worth getting done right, given than someone is spreading hot wax on your ladybits (which actually wasn't that bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Started waxing a few months ago and would never go back, its so clean and fresh! :D Considering laser atm but haven't gone for a consult yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Again about the shaving!

I thought I would never be able to do it because of ingrown hairs and all that. But just..

1: Use a sharp razor. A mens one preferably. Those Venus things tend to be shite.
    2: Use shaving FOAM. Not gel..I find that foam works way better. I use the Pamolive Sensitive one.
    3: Straight after shaving use a gel/lotion made specifically to prevent ingown hairs. Boots do a really good cheap one.
    4: Takes a couple of goes for your skin to get used to it. So yes, the first few time you probably will get a horrible rash.

I only have to shave once a week, sometimes less often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Again about the shaving!

I thought I would never be able to do it because of ingrown hairs and all that. But just..

1: Use a sharp razor. A mens one preferably. Those Venus things tend to be shite.
    2: Use shaving FOAM. Not gel..I find that foam works way better. I use the Pamolive Sensitive one.
    3: Straight after shaving use a gel/lotion made specifically to prevent ingown hairs. Boots do a really good cheap one.
    4: Takes a couple of goes for your skin to get used to it. So yes, the first few time you probably will get a horrible rash.

I only have to shave once a week, sometimes less often.

I used to swim competitively, so I've basically tried every kind of shaving product on the market. Nothing has ever worked well for me, and it's gotten worse over time. I really wished I had tried waxing years ago. But different strokes for different folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Haha. I used to do gymnastic and we had to wear them leotards...thanks goodness I hit puberty late/have very fair hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Waxing is the bizz! I used to go to Catherine at Brazilia - she is fab. Doesn't hurt at all. I prefer a landing strip as opposed to the thumb sized patch because waxing the pubic bone part is a killer - got it done once, never again. Money is tight now so I shave. But it's only nice for a day or too... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sorry, for intruding, but I would suggest anybody thinking of shaving first time, to trim a couple of times first and use whatever foam/gel you intend using, at that time.

It gets a sensitive area used to whatever perfumes etc are in the toiletry products.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Standard bikini wax ("American" I think) and trimming - keeps it very minimal and tidy, I personally don't "get" the Brazilian et al.

Too sensitive to shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Brazilian for me. Had a hollywood once, didn't like it, much prefer brazilian! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Hollywood for me...feels more comfortable 2 :) BTW I know this has nothing to do with the above but can any1 shed light on how you attach a picture to your profile name? Thanks :)

Jesus, I hope that it has nothing to do with the above. :eek:

(Sorry, only joking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

Never feel better in that area than after a Brazilian wax.
    Unfortunately though I have to endure constant shaving and the bumps that come with since a wax is so damn expensive :(

Reeeally wish the prices will drop soon, none of my friends can afford that monthly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

Because I 'developed' in 1979 this means that '70s rules apply to me, which therefore entitles me to a '70s style lady garden for the rest of my life *

* OK I do trim it quite a bit now because here's a newsflash ladies, the garden just keeps getting bigger until menopause (and then, according to my sisters, it apparently starts gets a little patchy... :eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I can't take the pain of waxing *shudder* tried it a fwe times and I must be really, really sensitive or something but every time I'd be in floods of tears with the pain :o Big eejit!!

I use hair removal cream too and them just keep it neat and trimmed by shaving - easy as pie and can be done in nano-seconds in the shower every morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Bikini wax. That's all I do with it as I don't need to do anything else to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I used to wax but the ingrown hairs were chornic, I just couldn't keep up with them and a few got infected :(:(:(

Then I just trimmed as I was with the same person and I was lazy :o

Now I shave and I jus the Gileet ladies on with the bikin trimmer on the other side, its not that itchy and I will defo ust the antibacterial cream thanks a million :D:D
    LittleBook wrote: »
    Maybe I missed a post but I've seen this discussed here and elsewhere and I have to ask ... am I the only one who uses a hair removal cream? :confused:

As some others have said, shaving/epilator is not an option for me in that area, wax even less so.

But the cream (used correctly) is an absolute doddle, very accurate in terms of where you want to apply it, lasts pretty long and doesn't create stubble (i.e grows back soft like waxing).

I'm really worried someone will respond to me with some evidence it causes cancer as I can't imagine why someone would put themselves through a wax rather than this simple, painless routine!! ;)

I have used hair removal cream I just find it doesn't get the hair close enough :(:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Pembily wrote: »
    I have used hair removal cream I just find it doesn't get the hair close enough :(:(
    Me too, it leaves me with stubble. Urgh. :(

I tried my 'patch test' with my venus razor and shaving gel and it's grand. No lumps or bumps. I may try another one though, before going for the whole thing with a razor- I'm too scared of the the dreaded shaving rash and ITCH (Dear God, the ITCH!) to rush into the shaving 'down there' process! ;)

In regards to those who wax, what's the general cost and how long does it last? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Posy wrote: »
    In regards to those who wax, what's the general cost and how long does it last? :confused:
    The cost depends on where you go tbh.

The salon I go to it costs me €50 or €55 (I can't remember which) I had mine done six weeks ago (the first time I'd ever had it done) and I will be going back in a week or two for my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i shave around the edges to keep it tidy and then just trim the patch a bit.
    i used to shave most of it off, but I just don't see the point anymore, i think it's sexier when it looks more natural. i'd certainly never be bothered to spend so much money getting it all waxed off or anything. i don't like the idea of no hair anyway, the whole prepubescent thing bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pump it

i always shave but im getin sik of shaving. can anyone tell me what is a hollywood? never had one. what do they do? is it sore?

thanks a mil:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

A hollywood is basicly everything off using hot wax. Never had one myself as I prefer brazillians but I would be lying to say it doesn't hurt! :o

IME it's not as bad as some people make out, for me it's about the same as a leg wax pre-period. From my experience and that of friends the pros of waxing far outweigh the pain involved (it only really lasts a few minutes!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i don't like the idea of no hair anyway, the whole prepubescent thing bothers me.
    +1. Anyway, some hair there heightens sensitivity and sensation - jackpot! :pac:

Wouldn't be keen on having a jungle down there either though. Keeping it minimal and tidy is important for hygiene also, and comfort, especially if you're dark-haired (tends to be coarser).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

i don't like the idea of no hair anyway, the whole prepubescent thing bothers me.

Have to agree with you regarding that!! However, I am neanderthal woman without grooming so needs must. Tried waxing and the ingrown hairs and red bumps were so not worth the cost and the yikes ouch factor.

Am now using nail scissors for trimming the jungle, gillette venus and men shaving gel every few days. I also use johnson's baby oil and tea tree ointment and so far no bumps or ingrowns!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lyn2010

CHEERS GUYS!! :)

Advertisement