Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair...Ladies what do ye do?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm in my mid 20's and have facial hair on my chin and neck. It's quite fine but dark. I have tried bleaching, creams, electrolysis and recently just finished a course of laser. Even though the laser was showing good results during it, once I finished the hair growth seemed to have returned to normal. I'm just wondering has anyone else had any similar experience. I know everyone responds differently to treatments, but i just feel im running out of options as to what to do about it. I don't have PCOS, so aside from going on the pill, i don't really know what else i can try. If anyone has any advice id really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭miss_feminem

shinshin10 wrote: »
    I'm in my mid 20's and have facial hair on my chin and neck. It's quite fine but dark. I have tried bleaching, creams, electrolysis and recently just finished a course of laser. Even though the laser was showing good results during it, once I finished the hair growth seemed to have returned to normal. I'm just wondering has anyone else had any similar experience. I know everyone responds differently to treatments, but i just feel im running out of options as to what to do about it. I don't have PCOS, so aside from going on the pill, i don't really know what else i can try. If anyone has any advice id really appreciate it.

It really depends on how much hair there is. If it was only a couple of strands you could pluck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shinshin10

I wish there was only a few! its not so bad on my chin, but it is pretty noticeable on my neck and even though there fine, there still dark enough to see!! i often feel the more i think about it the worse it gets, but its just so annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

this could be hirtsuism which is excessive hair growth in the male pattern. hair growth is generally controlled by androgen, tyhe male sex hormone. it sounds lik this hair is hormonal, nd if it is it will keep coming back, until the imbalance has been sorted. so go to your dr and ask for a bloods test to check your hormone levels. if they dont take you seriously go to another dr nd keep being persistent until you find one that is sympathetic and taking you seriously. best of luck with it xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

A flatmate of mine in college had the same thing. She was dark haired also and went on Dianette, which really helped that. The doctor might have some other suggestions for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lyn2010

How do ye all have your pubic hair....? very mixed reaction ill get i suppose. Im quite paranoid about mine,.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Brazilian all the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hollywood all the way.

I feel much cleaner without any hair. Was a bit weird at first, but you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Love when girls have it trimmed or shaved all the way, not a fan of the 70's bush look, same goes for me too though, keep it neat! nobody wants the feeling of eating a brillo pad when you're attending to the special area :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think she wants opinions from the ladies, not what lads would like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I usually trim very neatly - am lucky enough that if I trim, it's very un-noticable and never get pokey bits hanging out. Don't have any hair on my bikini line. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones that doesn't get much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i get my hubbie to shave mine , was weird the first time but now i feel so much better and cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hollywood all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

Hollywood is the best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Hollywood for me...feels more comfortable 2 :) BTW I know this has nothing to do with the above but can any1 shed light on how you attach a picture to your profile name? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

BTW I know this has nothing to do with the above but can any1 shed light on how you attach a picture to your profile name? Thanks :)
    If you mean an avatar, then you need to be a subscriber.:)

After that, I am not sure lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭AshSmith

I shave everything off! Some people are shocked and wonder why i dont wax but it's cheaper and easier and not painful in the slightest! If i'm honest I do it sometimes for my OH, he likes it and I like doing it for him, but even when I was single I liked doing it! I feel better and more hygienic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Shaving is not an option for me because I just spend the next week and a half itching like crazy. Not fun or attractive.

Waxing is beyond my means at the moment as well... so trimmed is the way I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Waxing is soooo painful, but i get a rash if i shave. My friend swears by bio oil after shaving. Anyone any experiences of shaving and preventing a rash and itching or am i just one of the unlucky ones who will have to suffer a lifetime of waxing?????

Xiney wrote: »
    Shaving is not an option for me because I just spend the next week and a half itching like crazy. Not fun or attractive.

Waxing is beyond my means at the moment as well... so trimmed is the way I go.
    hah then shave down ways as in with the way the hair is growning, if you go up your hair is getting pulled from the root and that is why you itch like mad,

Cerocco wrote: »
    Waxing is soooo painful, but i get a rash if i shave. My friend swears by bio oil after shaving. Anyone any experiences of shaving and preventing a rash and itching or am i just one of the unlucky ones who will have to suffer a lifetime of waxing?????
    as i said to xiney shave with the way the hair is grown , you wont have rash or itch, i had mine done by hubbie told him to go that way guess what no rash or itch. im sure some one will tell me ..no its not true...but it works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Thanks for that, i'll try and keep yez posted!!! I'll be the guineapig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

cats.life wrote: »
    hah then shave down ways as in with the way the hair is growning, if you go up your hair is getting pulled from the root and that is why you itch like mad,

Might try that on my legs. Wouldn't dream of shaving bikini area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cerocco wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i'll try and keep yez posted!!! I'll be the guineapig
    My 'venus' razor is at the ready- let us know how you got on first! ;) Hmm.. I might try the bio oil trick and see if it helps. Waxing at the moment is just beyond budget and I feel bleeuurgh unless I'm nice and smooth! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

cats.life wrote: »

I've tried shaving every which way and it still makes me scratch like a goddamn mangy animal :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Xiney wrote: »
    I've tried shaving every which way and it still makes me scratch like a goddamn mangy animal :D
    I might try shaving a small patch and see.. I'm single so if I look patchy it's only me that'll be seeing it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

AshSmith wrote: »
    I shave everything off! Some people are shocked and wonder why i dont wax but it's cheaper and easier and not painful in the slightest!

Ditto! Well when I can be bothered like.

It takes a while to stop itching. The first few times you do it it will probably be like hell, but your skin gets used to it after a while. Also this.

I really could not spend that insane amount of money on getting waxed. Couldn't care less about the pain...but the price! When you can shave for free pretty much! Yikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Posy wrote: »
    My 'venus' razor is at the ready- let us know how you got on first! ;) Hmm.. I might try the bio oil trick and see if it helps. Waxing at the moment is just beyond budget and I feel bleeuurgh unless I'm nice and smooth! :p

Venus razor - there's your mistake! Those things are terrible. I had to use my mum's at the weekend, it was my first one using one in years - my legs were covered in cuts afterwards, and you don't even get a proper close shave.

I generally use Gillette Fusion - it is a million times better, it's really hard to cut yourself, and the blades last aaaaages!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

For people who shave, how do you stop yourself from getting painful stubble afterwards? Considering the awful beard rash I get on my face when my boyfriend's face is stubbly, I really don't want to get the same thing between my legs. At present I'm a tidier, I don't get much outside my bikini line at all because I'm quite fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I don't do anything to my pubic hair. When I was younger I used to trim and pluck but I can't be assed now. It makes no difference on my sexual pleasure so I just leave it as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Venus razor - there's your mistake! Those things are terrible. I had to use my mum's at the weekend, it was my first one using one in years - my legs were covered in cuts afterwards, and you don't even get a proper close shave.

I generally use Gillette Fusion - it is a million times better, it's really hard to cut yourself, and the blades last aaaaages!

I think Venus are brilliant! My boyfriend has switched to these for his legs (cyclist!). They are designed for shaving lady bits and legs; fusion are not.

I can't wax at all, I get a rash and it doesn't even remove the hair properly, so everything gets shaved - yes everything :cool:

Advertisement