Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sunny321 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what this app is called.....
    Thanks
    its called health expenses, just type revenue into the search

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Does anyone know of any good music review App's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

PhotoFunia ( great app )
    AutoStitch, ( great for panoramic shots )
    ColorSplash & Juxtaposer ( good apps for messing around with pics )
    Camera Flash ( good app for brightening up pics )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some apps on limited time free offer: http://www.macintoshos.com/free-games-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad/102.html

So far I've only tried one (Coolrado), which is still free today.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

I use appshopper to keep up to date with freebies - http://appshopper.com/iphone/free/

if youre quick i'd recommend 'fly, kiwi fly!', free for limited time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone know of a ftp app that i can use to upload photos to my web site? or any way to get photos from my phone to my site without connecting to a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Eurosport app seems to be one of the best for sports results. Sky Sports is too slow and limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

any good brick breaking games

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Wossack wrote: »
    I use appshopper to keep up to date with freebies - http://appshopper.com/iphone/free/

if youre quick i'd recommend 'fly, kiwi fly!', free for limited time

cheers had been looking for this kind of site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are the BBC stations on LastFM locked to the UK?
    Anytime I try using them they load to 82% but never more :(

Is there any good radio app that includes BBC5 live ?Preferably free! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

chilly wrote: »
    WunderRadio has everything. Not free though, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

chilly wrote: »
    Are the BBC stations on LastFM locked to the UK?
    Anytime I try using them they load to 82% but never more :(

The FStream app is free, and once you have that, you can listen to any stream for which you have the URL.

You can find playlists for various BBC streams at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/streaming_programmes/real_wma_streams . You can open that page in Safari, copy the URL for the station you want (tap and hold for a few seconds), and paste that in to a FStream Favourite. Sorted.

I just tried 5 Live: they're currently repeating a sports show because they don't have the rights to stream the Formula One commentary.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    The FStream app is free, and once you have that, you can listen to any stream for which you have the URL.

You can find playlists for various BBC streams at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/streaming_programmes/real_wma_streams . You can open that page in Safari, copy the URL for the station you want (tap and hold for a few seconds), and paste that in to a FStream Favourite. Sorted.

I just tried 5 Live: they're currently repeating a sports show because they don't have the rights to stream the Formula One commentary.

Bnt you are an absolute star.
    That will make my ipod enjoyment complete!
    Thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

i can't seem to find the TodayFm app or the Newstalk App.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction??
    Thanks

gar120 wrote: »
    Thanks

Hey Gar , not sure if you're interested but you can listen to both Today fm and Newstalk using the player ,Fstream, that BNT recommended above. If you follow his instructions you can listen to any station you want with it.

The URLs for those two stations are

Newstalk : http://newstalk.fmstreams.com:8008/listen.pls
    TodayFm : http://streaming.todayfm.com:8000/listen.pls

The RTE stations can be got easily too and it's an excellent player. Very clear and never cuts out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone else's Guardian app acting up? Mine bombs out seconds after I try open it.

Edit: A swift google reveals a massive problem from their end and you have to uninstall then reinstall the app to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Angry birds is brilliant!! I cant put it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Cloud Browse allows you to view Flash content on your iPhone/Touch. It works kinda like VPN but it streams audio and video rather well, with little stuttering. It is only available on the American iTunes Store.

It also allows you to view videos on the likes of the ABC, NBC and Fox website (not Hulu unfortunately) to view On Demand content, not that I would encourage that sort of thing. :D

Scratch that, it's useless for videos, but good for audio (Pandora for instance).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm after purchasing the wi-fi sync app from Cydia (Apple rejected it, surprise, surprise). Costs $9.99, little steep but worth it imo.

Well impressed with it. If you set iTunes to open and autosync when your device is connected then it's very straight forward. First time you start the app it will pair with your PC, and there is an option in the status bar to disable backups.

You then start the app on the phone and iTunes will automatically open and sync. Decent speed as well. Definitely worth it if you don't have a cable always handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

What's the best barcode reader for shopping on Irish or European websites? The app I have gives me the products in dollars and mostly from the States or China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Angry birds is brilliant!! I cant put it down!

Ridiculously addictive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

banquo wrote: »
    Ridiculously addictive game.

Can't put it down ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

gar120 wrote: »
    Thanks

Grab Radio does the whole lot, all UK & Ireland Radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Tilt to live - .79c

Another fantastic game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Scarface Last stand is free today: http://appshopper.com/games/scarface-last-stand
    Looks good.

ANyway, does anyone have Pocket god here? Thinking of getting it. Only 79c I know, but i rarely pay for apps, only bought angry birds and backbreaker lol

What is free in the game? Is it true most of the stuff in the game you have to pay for now and is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ANyway, does anyone have Pocket god here? Thinking of getting it. Only 79c I know, but i rarely pay for apps, only bought angry birds and backbreaker lol

What is free in the game? Is it true most of the stuff in the game you have to pay for now and is it worth getting?

It's shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i was bored of it after a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Not sure Gamebox was mentioned.....

31 games for 0.79
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/all-in-1-gamebox/id330759313?mt=8

havent even gone through half of them but already some classics there includling isniper 3d, isniper, blighted earth, ac-130 spectre, hired gun (especially brilliant) and bowman defense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Not sure Gamebox was mentioned.....

31 games for 0.79
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/all-in-1-gamebox/id330759313?mt=8

havent even gone through half of them but already some classics there includling isniper 3d, isniper, blighted earth, ac-130 spectre, hired gun (especially brilliant) and bowman defense
    Is that any good? Anyone buy it? I have a feeling all the games are terrible...

ANyway, what are the best 79cent apps to buy, preferably games. I have angry brids and backbreaker also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Digitalism wrote: »
    Is that any good? Anyone buy it? I have a feeling all the games are terrible...

ANyway, what are the best 79cent apps to buy, preferably games. I have angry brids and backbreaker also.

Flight Control ftw.

Advertisement