Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options
1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

miralize wrote: »
    I've been addicted to that game over the past week. High score?

I wouldn't be great to be honest! Best score was just short of 9,000

6EvXPd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Hi guys, recently discovered "Parcel"- when you buy something oine you enter the tracking data into the app and it monitors their progress for you. I think the free version lets you track upto 3 parcels - I paid for a years subscription (€1.79 I think) and it lets me track unlimited items, gives alerts when a package has an update etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any good apps to use to watch tv shows on for, apart from Netflix or Hulu?

Its its not allowed to be mentioned on, can you PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Any good apps to use to watch tv shows on for, apart from Netflix or Hulu?

Its its not allowed to be mentioned on, can you PM me please.

Moviebox is superb but will require your device to be jailbroken or can be acquired for $15 via Zeusmos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Whisper is a great app

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

FilmOn is a must. Most of the UK channels are on it.

Download this and TV Guide and you can just watch TV straight from the guide by clicking "Watch Now". How this service is allowed, I do not know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Dades wrote: »
    FilmOn is a must. Most of the UK channels are on it.

Download this and TV Guide and you can just watch TV straight from the guide by clicking "Watch Now". How this service is allowed, I do not know!

They are free to air channels, why wouldn't it be allowed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Aodhagan wrote: »
    They are free to air channels, why wouldn't it be allowed?
    Well for a start many of the channels are geoblocked within their own actual apps - such as BBCs iPlayer and RTE Player. There are rights issues at play.

This is ignored by the FilmOn app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Dades wrote: »
    Well for a start many of the channels are geoblocked within their own actual apps - such as BBCs iPlayer and RTE Player. There are rights issues at play.

This is ignored by the FilmOn app.

If the channels can be picked up live on a satellite dish & set top box for free legally, why would there be an issue playing them live through an App? The iPlayer might be restricted because of on demand playback but I think FilmOn just plays what's live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

As a convert from Android to iOS, any good apps to download? I'm surprised there's not as active a thread here for app suggestions as there is over in the android forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

dulpit wrote: »
    As a convert from Android to iOS, any good apps to download? I'm surprised there's not as active a thread here for app suggestions as there is over in the android forum...

Apps are a very personal thing, so my favourite apps would be of no use to most other people. Because there's an app for pretty much anything, it depends on what you want to do.

Always worth checking out Flipboard, one of my favourites, and I've just started playing The Room after finishing the excellent Republique.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

dulpit wrote: »

I really like the art apps on ios more than the ones on android. I recommend Inspire Pro if you're into that sort of thing. Some photography androids apps like Cinemagram are just better on ios too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Play youtube in the background so you can listen to it while looking through your iphone/ipad etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedi-player-for-youtube/id471259804?mt=8

Handy for listening to music or to talks if you don't want to look at the video or want to do something else other than look at the video while u listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Major Bump!!!

Any good alternatives to TuneIn Radio that don't absolutely drain the battery life out of your phone?

Advertisement