Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Newstalk podcasts will not play for me in wifi. Today fm Is ok I got confused

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tilt to Live is free today

Excellent game. Nice one for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Windows Live Messenger is now available (for free) on the US iTunes store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

pjjk90 wrote: »

How would I get this, I've been trying all day? :(

I only have one itunes account..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Ricky91t wrote: »
    How would I get this, I've been trying all day? :(

I only have one itunes account..

Try here: http://www.ghacks.net/2009/02/09/create-a-free-us-itunes-account-from-any-country/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

My mate downloaded an app called Star Walk, I want an i-phone after seeing it!
    You have to pay for it and it's a big file, so download it in a wi-fi area. And only worth getting if you have a 3gs phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks and thanks, Worked like a charm :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

EA have a sale on at the moment. Games like Tiger woods, fifa 10, fifa world cup 2010, need for speed, NBA live etc. are all 79 cent at the moment. Are they any good though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Possibly a ridiculously stupid question.

If i have credit on my phone can i download from the app store or do i need to get an itunes voucher?

New to all this so apologies for sounding stupid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

unfort, I dont think phone credit can be used to buy anything in the app store, no

credit card will need to be used, or if you can find a shlp that sells them, itunes vouchers (believe thats what they're called). I think hmv/zavvi/goldendisks etc sell em

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

unfort, I dont think phone credit can be used to buy anything in the app store, no

but that is a real good idea. Will write to Steve Jobs.

Thanks lads/ladies.
    Its strange you cant use your credit for the app store. All i want to buy is Angry Birds, its 79c but the cheapest voucher is €15, id probably never even use the other €14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Well you can sign up for the apple one click thingambob - then the cost would be 79p. yes, you are putting yourself at risk of buying more stuff if it is easy, but that would be true of purchases on credit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

EA have a sale on at the moment. Games like Tiger woods, fifa 10, fifa world cup 2010, need for speed, NBA live etc. are all 79 cent at the moment. Are they any good though?

Both the fifa games are really good. The 2010 world cup one is the best. Got pro evo yesterday and it pains me to say it but its not fit to clean the boots of the fifa games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Yeah Im after buying a few of these ea games while theyre on sale. 79cent each is defo a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Today fm is really good now .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does it work with iOS 4 though? I can't get any of the podcasts to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Any developers out there could you kindly make a oxegen app for me please :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Has anyone else found that all the apps that had cinema listings no longer display cinema times for Iris cinemas.

Apps like Admit One Now Playing, entertainment.ie app, flixster and Movies Now! they all have the same problem. It looks like the backend cinema times xml web service has stopped.

I have it set for Limerick cinemas. The Omniplex times are displayed, Storm ones arent though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Seanbts

Hi All,

Anyone know of a Iphone App for doing Work Job Sheets, were you could have the customer sign the signature?

Cheers,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I second that. Great little app now.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Does it work with iOS 4 though? I can't get any of the podcasts to work.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    I second that. Great little app now.

I agree that the App looks brilliant and the Live Streaming is great but my podcasts are not working either:confused:

It looks like the Play Audio link is dead. I did delete the app from the phone and re-installed it but still no joy...:(

Any one any ideas??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

PaulT21 wrote: »
    It looks like the Play Audio link is dead. I did delete the app from the phone and re-installed it but still no joy...:(

Any one any ideas??
    I tried doing the same. There are reviewers on the Appstore with the same problem. Looks like iOS 4 killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Whats the best world cup 2010 app?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

i didn't realise that you could watch tv on the ipod/iphone. does anyone have an app that they use and would recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Has anyone used the app FOOCALL. I want to keeop in touch with a friend whos doing a bit of travelling but the cost of international mobile calls is rediculous, we could use Skype but theres no guarentee of wifi being available so this app looks like it could be the the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

wez99950 wrote: »
    i didn't realise that you could watch tv on the ipod/iphone. does anyone have an app that they use and would recommend??

TVUPlayer, but it's crap lately. It used to have the BBC and ITV channels but can't seem to find them anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Instapaper is a good app. It's a ReadMeLater app. There's a bit to installing the marklet to safari but once done, it's very handy. It caches websites for later reader when you're offline.

Advertisement