Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Downloaded "Air Sharing" the last day. Really good app for taking files on the move wirelessly. Highly recommend it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

just got airvideo very good it is ,lets you can stream videos from your computer to your iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any recommendations for music mixing/creation apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just wondering is there any magazine reading apps?
    I know there is one called zinio but it does not seem to be available on the irish store and only has american magazines..is there any such app aimed for ireland/uk magazines?

Thanks.

If you open a US iTunes account you can get the zinio app. It's free. It's a little slow but it's not bad.
    Instructions on opening a US itunes account here:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2009/02/09/create-a-free-us-itunes-account-from-any-country/
    It's very easy.

Also you can also get a free year long subscription to the digital copy of any magazine by following instructions here:
    http://goreadgreen.com/

They have a good range from Elle magazine to Popular Science.If you use a different email address for each one you can subscribe to as many as you like for free. You can just make up the email addresses as there's no confirming associated with it. They're added to your Zinio account and then you can read them on the iPod/iPhone/iyoke of your choice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

chilly wrote: »
    If you open a US iTunes account you can get the zinio app. It's free. It's a little slow but it's not bad.
    Instructions on opening a US itunes account here:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2009/02/09/create-a-free-us-itunes-account-from-any-country/
    It's very easy.

Also you can also get a free year long subscription to the digital copy of any magazine by following instructions here:
    http://goreadgreen.com/

They have a good range from Elle magazine to Popular Science.If you use a different email address for each one you can subscribe to as many as you like for free. You can just make up the email addresses as there's no confirming associated with it. They're added to your Zinio account and then you can read them on the iPod/iPhone/iyoke of your choice. :)

Thanks Chilly,I did think of opening up a us account then downloading zinio but wanted to check here does an uk equivilant of zinio exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

thebiglad wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip about Angry Birds - absolutely brilliant:)
    Great little game, very clever. Like a cross between that hit the penguin game and lemmings. I've only downloaded the lite version but I'll definitely get the full version.

Any recommendations for music mixing/creation apps?

Looptastic is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Lads any of you using a time management/billings app that easy to use and possibly has a desktop version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

+1 Angry Birds - extremely addictive, I'm getting no work done.
    Darn it - who got me on to this Angry Birds lark. It's so addictive. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

After 2 and a half months, I have my iphone unlatched by o2.

So can anyone reccomend the best apps and games? I'm talking best of the best, dont have much cash to spend but might aswell christen the thing properly:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Kinda hard to do if you don't have Internet access :P

You still have 3G :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Not on an iPod touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Thought he was talking about an iphone, my bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Darn it - who got me on to this Angry Birds lark. It's so addictive. :)

finished it a week ago:(

when is the next update or is there an angrier birds on the way :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Just downloaded the free Marvel iPhone app - I didn't think they could pull off comics on the iPhone but they have it's brilliant loads of free comics too!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Just downloaded ezShare Pro. It's the most expensive app that i've bought at 12.99 but it's worth every cent. Well worth a look if you like shuffling files from place to place. It has built in remote desktop and vnc too.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/ezshare-pro/id301589535?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

As mentioned by a previous poster, just downloaded 18 lonely planet guides for various cities which are free at the moment due to the hassle with the volcano, usually priced at either 7.99 or 12.99 so brilliant bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peterdaly

nice thread, I just tried out photofunia app, nice free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Just downloaded ezShare Pro. It's the most expensive app that i've bought at 12.99 but it's worth every cent. Well worth a look if you like shuffling files from place to place. It has built in remote desktop and vnc too.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/ezshare-pro/id301589535?mt=8

I got Dropbox quick and easy drag-drop files into PC folder then syncs with yer phone app. Will have a look at ezshare as would like a remote desk top one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

peterdaly wrote: »
    nice thread, I just tried out photofunia app, nice free one.

I got that today, great fun. I can't believe it's free.
    I had great making pictures of astronauts with my sons head in the helmet and turning my daughter into the Mona Lisa...!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So i thought i'd use up a 3V voucher i had which had a few euro on it. €3 something like that. So i bought a €0.79 game, but the voucher was charged €1.98. Downloaded another game, but didn't seem to get charged for it. Went to download a third game, but it got rejected because there wasn;t enough crdit opn the card, they were trying to charge me €2.37 for a €.79 game.

What's up with that??

Anyway, tried the hipporemote lite. Amazing little app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

el dude wrote: »
    So i thought i'd use up a 3V voucher i had which had a few euro on it. €3 something like that. So i bought a €0.79 game, but the voucher was charged €1.98. Downloaded another game, but didn't seem to get charged for it. Went to download a third game, but it got rejected because there wasn;t enough crdit opn the card, they were trying to charge me €2.37 for a €.79 game.

What's up with that??

3V cards = fail

el dude wrote: »

What's up with that??

Dont use them on itunes better of to buy a itunes card in tesco or hmv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Nimbuzz free calls over VOIP
    Fring ditto
    (turns your itouch into a phone over WIFI)
    Irish Cinema listings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Could not find diskaid, can anyone recomend an app, which turns your iphone/itouch into an external hard drive, when plugged into a PC's USB port

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Think ezshare might do sometimg like that

Asphalt 5 has to be one of the best racing games..online multiplayer is really really good.well worth 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Found a special offer: Namco's Pool Pro Online 3 is normally $4.99, but it's free today in the iTunes Store. (I'm downloading it now, thought I should mention it straight away.)

I follow various iDevice news sites in Google Reader, which is how I hear about these things. Like Appcraver, Appversity, Appsafari, Touch Arcade. I should have mentioned the Sword Of Fargoal free offer last week ... sorry. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ageing booth
    guardian
    Myst - not everyone's cup of tea but still a fantastic game
    Angry birds
    flight control
    app box pro

All above (except myst) I would rate as must have app's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sunny321

cantswim wrote: »
    Revenue have just put out a new App for claiming Health Expenses which can only be done a year in arrears. It allows for any doctors/physio visits etc to be input at the time of the event and once the year is over will do the sums and submit to revenue once you have a pin etc to access PAYE Anytime.

Hi, just wondering what this app is called.....
    Thanks

Advertisement