Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

Angry Birds is a must have, well worth the 79c, I can't stop playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Is dessid worth getting? How effective is it?

PS...iphone ROCKS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

jonny_b1 wrote: »
    Is dessid worth getting? How effective is it?

PS...iphone ROCKS!!!

Very effective if the signal strength is around 60-80%

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I like dessid, it does what it's supposed to do. I'm certainly glad I got it. It's got me online in Dublin Airport (for free), a pub in Westport, my granny's house and so on. You pick up quite a few signals in Dublin city centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Ok I'll go ahead and get it so.well handy tool to have I suppose.thanks for the feed back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

dont bother buying dessid

just google "eircom wep"

exact same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

You would need to create a US or UK based iTunes account. (See here for steps)

I've managed to do this, but still can't buy stuff from the itunes store as whenever I go to pay it just asks for billing info which I fill in and nothing happens. I have tried CC and PayPal. Can anyone tell me what I can do to purchase from the US store?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

L5 wrote: »
    dont bother buying dessid

just google "eircom wep"

exact same thing

Kinda hard to do if you don't have Internet access :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Kinda hard to do if you don't have Internet access :P

My thoughts Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Opera Mini was released yesterday. Can't see the point myself, as Safari does me fine, but some may prefer it.

Also, Bird Strike is free today/yesterday. Very similar to Doodle Jump but is great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've managed to do this, but still can't buy stuff from the itunes store as whenever I go to pay it just asks for billing info which I fill in and nothing happens. I have tried CC and PayPal. Can anyone tell me what I can do to purchase from the US store?
    Unfotunately, this is where it gets messy. You'd need either a Credit Card based in the US (with a US address), or you'd need to be able to get your hands on an iTunes card from the US (these are hard to get, unless you have friends / family over in the States - you used to be able to buy online, but there was a massive fraud problem and Apple tightened controls).

You can download as many free Apps as you like, it shouldn't ask for CC info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Dont go straight to create an account. Go to download a free app on iTunes (US Region of course) without an account. It will then prompt you to create one> Create one at this point and click on No Payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Trying to use Eirtext but when I try to send it says "App requires internet access. Please ensure that WiFi or cellular data is enabled and try again".

Can this only be used with wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Trying to use Eirtext but when I try to send it says "App requires internet access. Please ensure that WiFi or cellular data is enabled and try again".

Can this only be used with wifi?

no you should be able to use it using your service provider cellular data, i had the same issue i deleted the app & reinstalled & works fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

For those of you who have Jailbroken phones, download MewSeek. I downloaded it ages ago but never used it. I dont want to go in to details but it uses P2P and is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Linoge wrote: »
    For those of you who have Jailbroken phones, download MewSeek. I downloaded it ages ago but never used it. I dont want to go in to details but it uses P2P and is brilliant!

Best App in the world . EVERS!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I've bought a couple of apps for my iPhone, -iTreadmill and iMapMyWalk. I wanted a pedometer style app so I got iTreadmill. It seems decent enough although I'm not 100% convinced about the accuracy of the distances it says I've walked. Especially as yesterday I bought iMapMyWalk and walked the same route home and the distance was less and pretty much matches what the clock says on the car when I clocked the distance.

The iMapMyWalk shows you the route you've walked on a map, the distance, how long it took, calories burned. Apparently you can also take pics on your walk and it uploads them to a website so you can see the route you walked and the pics you took. I haven't tried that aspect out yet though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As if the Irish Times app wasn't bad enough, a massive banner redirecting you to their website has now suddenly appeared at the bottom of the screen in it. :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

As if the Irish Times app wasn't bad enough, a massive banner redirecting you to their website has now suddenly appeared at the bottom of the screen in it. :mad:
    At least it doesn't appear in the articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Wait until iAds comes along in the Summer, you'll not have seen ads like it before :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Just wondering is there any magazine reading apps?
    I know there is one called zinio but it does not seem to be available on the irish store and only has american magazines..is there any such app aimed for ireland/uk magazines?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ShayMurphy459

Really addictive game and takes advantage of the touch screen in a clever way.

But mostly really, really addictive. Cheap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Is this a game where we have to guess the app your talking about?!

For anyone who uses Ping or free foto messenger, Yak Messenger is far superior. Not only cab you send text and picture, you can also send video/movie and audio voice clips. Great app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

darsar wrote: »
    Is this a game where we have to guess the app your talking about?!

Read his post title, it's Angry Birds he's talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Mena wrote: »
    Read his post title, it's Angry Birds he's talking about.

Titles don't show up on iPhone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody here use Palringo? I use it for msn but for the last 2 days it won't sign me into msn....

Titles don't show up on iPhone ?

Aye no title on phone. I take my comments back so, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Thanks for the tip about Angry Birds - absolutely brilliant:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

+1 Angry Birds - extremely addictive, I'm getting no work done.

Advertisement