Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭qwerty2

Does anyone know of an app that allows me to connect my iPhone to the laptop's internet connection via USB? I'm not looking to use my iPhone as a modem for my laptop, which is what I understand internet tethering to be, more so the other way around! The wifi in my house unfortunately doesn't work in my room (long story) which is why I can only connect to the internet via a wired network and would like to still be able to use internet on my iPhone too! Also phone is jailbroken!Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I recently started using "mywi". It's excellent.
    It turns on tethering in your settings, just go to the settings
    and turn tethering off and mywi will continue to enable you
    to tether. !!!!!!
    It really is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

New Update released for Angry birds today. 15 new levels;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Digitalism wrote: »
    Is that any good? Anyone buy it? I have a feeling all the games are terrible...

ANyway, what are the best 79cent apps to buy, preferably games. I have angry brids and backbreaker also.

Do you think I'd put it up here if it was terrible.....angry birds is a great game tbh but some of the stuff on gamebox is as good if not better and you get 31 games instead of 1

total no brainer, check out the ratings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Hero of sparta is free for like 3 hours at the moment: http://itunes.apple.com/app/hero-of-sparta/id299093633?mt=8

Its normally like 3 euro I think. Its part of gamelofts daily free game thing for the tenth anniversery.

And Johnny ^^^, ill give it a go then sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm looking for a weight tracker app (you input your weight on dates) BUT also want to be able to include data such as dates and info on what exercise you did, ate rubbish/out drinking etc.
    found
    Fatwatch
    Mynetdiary (free) or calorie counter

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

my fitness pal is good too & it is free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Eirtext is a brilliant freebee app but over the last few weeks I've had loads of hassle sending texts using my Vodafone allocation. I've got hundreds left according to the vodafone website. When I try to send a text (Im sending the same one to 10 people to organise football training) it spends ages at the logging in stage, and then after a while it says sending failed. The trouble is, the first few people are receiving the text, and I've no way to figure out who got it and who didnt.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Isn't one of the users here the developer of Eirtext?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lackofcolour developed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Please see http://support.eirtext.com for troubleshooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

A guy mentioned to me that there is an app available that auto finds the wep (or is it wap) key for any eircom wifi connection and auto connects. Not sure what it's called though. Anyone got a clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

dubtom wrote: »
    A guy mentioned to me that there is an app available that auto finds the wep (or is it wap) key for any eircom wifi connection and auto connects. Not sure what it's called though. Anyone got a clue?

Dessid it's called

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I thank you keysersoze_88.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well done on developing that app. You've saved me a fortune.Thank you :)

Is there any way you could integrate a popup delivery message with Eirtext Vinny?

Something like the Cydia delivery notification or is it not possible?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is there any way you could integrate a popup delivery message with Eirtext Vinny?

Something like the Cydia delivery notification or is it not possible?

I have something like this built into EirText for Mac. Leave it running on your Mac and it polls your O2 account and sends you a push notification when a message is delivered. You'll also need EirText Pro. No Windows solution right now.

I could use a server to do the polling, but then I'd have to store every user's login details. Not something I want to do, and not something most users would want either.

I have something like this built into EirText for Mac. Leave it running on your Mac and it polls your O2 account and sends you a push notification when a message is delivered. You'll also need EirText Pro. No Windows solution right now.

I could use a server to do the polling, but then I'd have to store every user's login details. Not something I want to do, and not something most users would want either.

I have eirtect pro alright, no mac though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Crush the Castle is free for today only. If anyone likes Angry Birds, you should like this ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Not sure if its been mentioned, but the best website for finding about free and discount apps has to be www.appshopper.com

They update it hourly and has all the free apps from other websites promotions listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not sure if its been mentioned, but the best website for finding about free and discount apps has to be www.appshopper.com

They update it hourly and has all the free apps from other websites promotions listed.

aye stuck a link up to it, but worth posting again!

I've subscribed to the RSS for iphone/free/popular via a free rss reader on the phone, so dead handy :)

also, if you set up an account with them, you can mark apps as being watched, and you'll get email notifications of price changes, updates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There is a free South Africa World Cup one. It will be handy once the tournament starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Trapster... Free app that sends push notifications of speed cameras. Great app

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Is anyone else having problems with the Facebook app... I haven't been able to log into mine for over a week now.... tried deleting & re-installing a few times?

Also bought Eirtext pro but it won't work, like a few others here it keeps asking for wifi connection even though I'm connected to cellular...

I'm with vodafone..

iPink wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the Facebook app... I haven't been able to log into mine for over a week now.... tried deleting & re-installing a few times?

Also bought Eirtext pro but it won't work, like a few others here it keeps asking for wifi connection even though I'm connected to cellular...

I'm with vodafone..

Sounds like you're having Vodafone network issues. See: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=834 for explanation on the EirText problem. I would assume that the Facebook issue is related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bettllebrox

Not an app but try shizzle.ie in safari for the latests music gigs in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

bettllebrox try the App 'Entertain Me!'

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Sounds like you're having Vodafone network issues. See: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=834 for explanation on the EirText problem. I would assume that the Facebook issue is related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bettllebrox

Thanks happyeveryday! Im not a fan of 'Entertain Me!. I prefer using shizzle.ie altough it seems like its only a beta

Advertisement